PDA

View Full Version : '07 is a bad year for hip-hop...

Marc051
03-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I copped everything this year from Snowgoonns, Hell Razah, Afro Samurai, grandmasters REmix, Prodigy, El-P, Wisemen...however it's sad because it's not even 2 months since the first one of those dropped and i'm not listening to any of these albums...I just forgot about them and although they're not bad, there's nothing really great and unique about them

However I just copped Pyscho Realm's first album off Itunes land I been listening to it everyday for a week straight

What does that tell you? Indie hip-hop is oversaturated these days and I think everyone and their brother shouldn't be makin' an album overnight..

Need more quality over quantity

Longbongcilvaringz
03-31-2007, 10:49 AM
yeah, alot of decent albums coming out, just nothing amazing or classic really.

Crackhead Bob
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM
im gonna wait for ob4cl2 and 8 diagams

DJMethods
03-31-2007, 10:54 AM
snowgoons has been best IMO... but yeah, i only chuck it on when drinking with mates and we want some fresh new shit

num2son
03-31-2007, 10:55 AM
boring year so far, lets wait and see what else is coming out for the rest of the year.

KINGGS
03-31-2007, 11:00 AM
If your talking about indie stuff then your completely correct. If your talking about everything, there are two albums I can listen to often and enjoy (Devin the Dude - Waitin' to Inhale + Redman - Red Gone Wild:Thee Album).

for the most part though your correct.

UNCLE RUCKUS
03-31-2007, 11:01 AM
waiting on Red Gone Wild but Renaissance Child is dope!

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-31-2007, 12:44 PM
cheer up and check this out: Plus its free

My First Album For Free ...Next One Is Not...HA SO DOWNLOAD THAT SHIT

http://rapidshare.com/files/22176649/The_Separation_Of_Hip_Hop.rar.html

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3358/golddk9.png (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7136/backcovertm5.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

beardman
03-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Best album aren't out yet.

This year is gonna be great with albums from the likes of: Rakim, Talib Kweli, Dr Dre, Immortal Technique, Common and many others.
________
Opel OHV engine (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Opel_OHV_engine)

Kenny Powers
03-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Best album so far is Red Gon Wild but the best are yet to come... Papoose, Saigon, WTC, Raekown, 50 cent, Kayne, and a bunch more

cap
03-31-2007, 02:16 PM
havent copped a record that came out this year yet,so i'm hoping things will pick up.

edit : still have to check sean P's new shit.

Assassinator
03-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Bone Thugs

Hollow Dartz
03-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Have you guys heard of Untouchable Soldiers? These cats are nice, I mean, the material is kinda old + new but the cd's just came out like last year, you could get their shit from Chambermusik but they ran outta stock, if ur interested hit me up for a track. I've been blasting this for months.

Dirty Knowledge
03-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm anticipating Wu/Bone albums this year.. everyone else can be downloaded and burned to a CD in true DK fashion.

tragedykhadafi12
03-31-2007, 03:45 PM
I copped everything this year from Snowgoonns, Hell Razah, Afro Samurai, grandmasters REmix, Prodigy, El-P, Wisemen...however it's said because it's not even 2 months since the first one of those dropped and i'm not listening to any of these albums...I just forgot about them and although they're not bad, there's nothing really great and unique about them

However I just copped Pyscho Realm's first album off Itunes land I been listening to it everyday for a week straight

What does that tell you? Indie hip-hop is oversaturated these days and I think everyone and their brother shouldn't be makin' an album overnight..

I have learned that you really need to take the time and just listen to them a few times and they really sink in. That happens to me with a lot of albums.

Prolifical ENG
03-31-2007, 04:51 PM
"'07 is a bad year for hip-hop..."

lol

Sun Supreme
03-31-2007, 05:11 PM
I have to say that it has been aiight this year so far. I copped Afro Samurai and been listening to it ever since. Just got Red Gone Wild today. But if Wu, Rae, Fugees, Dr.Dre, 50, Busta and Common drop by the end of the year I'll be satisfied.

Sun Supreme
03-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Maybe Eminem 2 if he can show some act right.

Origin™
03-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Sean P latest album is ill..

How can ya'll forgot about P... Cmon now..

Marc051
03-31-2007, 07:30 PM
"'07 is a bad year for hip-hop..."

lol

How far should I go back then....2003? 2004? Underground rap is being flooded by mediocrity

Prolifical ENG
03-31-2007, 07:40 PM
How far should I go back then....2003? 2004? Underground rap is being flooded by mediocrity

maybe mediocre albums need to be made in order to classify a good one, no matter what the year is.

well those years were said to be bad too at the time. 2003 IMO was a memorable year in this decade anyway.

But its interesting how people break things down into years.

Meta4
03-31-2007, 07:40 PM
The Evidence solo album "The Weatherman LP" is fuckin' bangin to me. I can honestly see this being a classic CD one day. EVERY track is on point and the album has such a good flow to it.

Marc051
03-31-2007, 07:47 PM
I wonder if these artists ever listen to the final product before the record company releases....that may be the problem...artists dont' have any control over their work. As long as they get paid they'll push out as much shit as they can even if it sucks...they don't give a shit about fans...or maybe they just lack creativity or try to hard to bring back that old school sound..i don't know but something needs to change. I feel ripped off when I buy an album and it doesn't have any replay value

11th Chamber
03-31-2007, 10:02 PM
To say 2007 has been a bad year is totally inaccurate. Alot of the heavyweights havent droped their shit yet. Just wait til atleast Summer, then the magic will start happenin

LORD ZERO
04-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Well Its Only The Beginning Of The 2nd Qtr Of 07, Too Early To Say For Me, Tho There Has Been Some Only Average Joints Droppin Lately, I Hope It Picks Up Again Soon

Marc051
04-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Shit, if you're jaded by all the releases, just listen to them all and take the 1-4 songs you like off of the oversatuation of the market. That = a lot of music, and a good year for '07.

That's exactly what I did today and I have a decent compilation. However, I'm going to have to buy off Itunes more often because i'm wasting money on cd's.

rubyspirit
04-01-2007, 11:50 AM
I copped everything this year from Snowgoonns, Hell Razah, Afro Samurai, grandmasters REmix, Prodigy, El-P, Wisemen...however it's sad because it's not even 2 months since the first one of those dropped and i'm not listening to any of these albums...I just forgot about them and although they're not bad, there's nothing really great and unique about them

Different strokes for different folks...

I'm loving the Afro Samurai disc. It is very unique and one of the best soundtracks I've heard. I play it often and haven't tired of it yet.

I think that's the only Wu I've purchased this year. There's plenty Wu catalog out there to keep me satisfied. Listening to Birth of a Prince now... We Pop! :D

Razorsharp
04-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I have learned that you really need to take the time and just listen to them a few times and they really sink in. That happens to me with a lot of albums.

truth... i didnt like wu meets indie, the great migration, and black market militi for awhile, but now i love them

07 is a great year for hip hop...

Dokuro
04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
northen lights is gana be the shit

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-01-2007, 08:49 PM
I wonder if these artists ever listen to the final product before the record company releases....that may be the problem...artists dont' have any control over their work. As long as they get paid they'll push out as much shit as they can even if it sucks...they don't give a shit about fans...or maybe they just lack creativity or try to hard to bring back that old school sound..i don't know but something needs to change. I feel ripped off when I buy an album and it doesn't have any replay value

go on have a bitch!

KINGGS
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Does anyone realize there is nine more fucking months to go and this is like the dumbest fucking thread to make this early?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Does anyone realize there is nine more fucking months to go and this is like the dumbest fucking thread to make this early?

:i

Marc051
04-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I realize it's not over but this is a trend over the last few years....I feel maybe 1 out of 15 albums I purcahse

Bis Fan
04-02-2007, 12:17 AM
^ sounds liek a personal problem knameen

g_flex
04-02-2007, 01:23 AM

No one makes albums like psycho Realm...get their self titled album n war story 2...better than tonnes of garbage dats been cmg out mixtapes too