PDA

View Full Version : Was Remedy an affirmative action hire?

Ultimate Fist
04-02-2007, 03:18 AM
"...the first white and the first Jewish Wu-Tang affiliate..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates#Remedy

Does anybody suspect that Remedy was an affirmative action hire for Wu Tang? I mean he IS the only white (and jewish) member of Wu out of like 200 people.

I think Wu hired him because they wanted to assure everybody they weren't racist/anti-semitic because so much of their lyrics (mostly with the affiliates not the main clan) has stuff that talks about "white devils" or "true black israelites."(and no I aint saying they're racist/antisemitic, they just didnt want to look it) He did one token song about the Holocaust and now no one can accuse Wu of not being diverse enough. It also gave them some good press for "speaking out against the Holocaust" and gave Wu a special jewish market.

pneumatic
04-02-2007, 08:21 AM
He is not the only one. Shawn Wigs.

wusis2k
04-02-2007, 08:30 AM
remedy aint wu anymore.
he is the son of rzas lawyer.

begongo
04-02-2007, 10:09 AM
i didn`t knew about this before, but know that you brought it out ... i really feel it was an affirmative action decision to bring that guy up

Ultimate Fist
04-03-2007, 12:18 AM
remedy aint wu anymore.

That's what I thought. They kind of just dropped him after the one album.

crass
04-03-2007, 12:20 AM
yeah they dropped him after critics said "dude whiteboy sucks" instead of "OMG wu-tang r not racistz"

GENERAL WISE
04-03-2007, 12:23 AM
He dropped some good tracks, but otherwise....IMeAN COMEON HE IS THE SON OF RZA's LAWYER.

FatherSl!me
04-03-2007, 12:23 AM
That's what I thought. They kind of just dropped him after the one album.

i thought he had 2 albums? genuine article & code red

RADIOACTIVE MAN
04-14-2007, 10:16 AM
actually he went to school with method man and his dad is not rza.s lawyer,that is wrong info and that was cleared a while back

Tetsuo
04-14-2007, 12:22 PM
remedy aint wu anymore.
he is the son of rzas lawyer.

:lmao: How stereotypical is that? But it's true. Apparently, he grew up with Rae, Ghost, and some other Wu-Tang dudes. What doesn't make sense to me is why Remedy's father, if he's a lawyer, would send his son to the same school as the Clan and not some Private school?

I think you're pretty much right about him being an affirmative action hire. I don't think he's Wu-Tang to help dispel any notions about the Wu being racist so much as it's always good to have a whiteboy handy for one reason or another, even better if they're Jewish (no offense to Jews, I'm part Jewish my self).

Jasperz
04-17-2007, 11:46 AM
don't forget he was also in RZA's Domestic Violence film.