PDA

View Full Version : Meditation

brown_dogg
04-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't really know much about this. I used to do this for about 10mins at my temple, but I haven't gone for a while now.

Does anyone have any techniques that they use? And for how long and how often are you doing this?

It's probably nice to slow down and just relax. People don't do enough of that these days.

diggy
04-03-2007, 02:35 AM
For me, I've tried meditation and come to the conclusion that it is really hard. Instead of me relaxing, I only stressed myself out by concentrating too much on trying to relax. I've tried breathing teckniques, concentrating on nothing (so hard), just to name a few, but what I found really makes me relax and put me in a calm mental state, is to do something you are really passionate about.

For me it is chess, reading books on stuff I like, music, or just going for a walk in an area I'm not familiar with. Find something you love. Sometimes it is practical to just abandon some of that eastern shit and do something which is more in tune to your personality. Do something that makes your soul feel good as long as it is not harming others.

froth
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34907

diggy
04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Your instructions for meditation on the link sound complicated. Do you meditate Froth?

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
04-04-2007, 01:11 PM
I want to be like Killah Priest

http://www.universal-tao.com/9formulas.html

froth
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Your instructions for meditation on the link sound complicated. Do you meditate Froth?
yes

Kong
04-04-2007, 05:17 PM
i do sometimes but i just relax take deep breaths now, i tried some things written out, my energys went a bit out of control b4 to where i was trying to much, you got to keep control.

LHX
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
life can become a meditation the more you get accustomed to it

in the right environment (and with access to the proper nourishment) - i will stay in states for days at a time

Sunny Black
04-07-2007, 11:26 PM
^^ that must be nice...
i'm haunted by wife-bitching, newborn cries, nagging supervisors and body noises (popping, gas, creaks, sniffles)

Dokuro
04-07-2007, 11:30 PM
take 30 minits a day on this shit its good for the haert i find the best way is to remove all thougts do this with some runing water a river if you live in the emerald coast but if not a water fosit should do

SaqurakiHanamichi
04-08-2007, 09:03 AM
2+2 is 4 , right?
Yes thats mathematics, It means that and that will give u this result.
Same thing with thoughts, a thought will also bring u to a certain destination, And the destination u have thought about without even knowing it.
we get about 50,000 thoughts a day. In nature the negative thoughts come first. BUt what if its possible to control all the thoughts.? In the long run how will this effect us? . WIll we see a positive outcome ? or a negative? . I say positive, Cause the brain is like a computer , u can program it ,so u can be whatever u want and have whatever u want..

So whats the point of meditating for 10 min everyday. When its the small thing, Fix the bigger thing first. Cause if u fix the bigger problem the smaller problems wont exist cause their gone. LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE

Now The big thing is that u need to meditate ALL DAY. THAT IS KEY....

In 1 week or 2 weeks ur mind will change
Here are the steps

1)Watch how u breath
2)watch what u say
3)whach what u think

Now this is the fuked up part, 90% of us
1)dont know how to live in peace
2)dont understand how life works
3)dont understand nature
4)dont understand the outcome of things

Let me explain , Lets say i told u to watch how u think. Well Lets say u did , and a feeling of jealousy comes on ur head,And u think its a good thing , But in reality its not a good thing, Cause when ur jealous of somebody ur never gonna become him!....
So the best thought to think is, "damn i got respect for the guy , one day im gonna be like him"......
Its lil shit like that man, U just gotta know how to play with words....

POSITIVE ELEVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urban_Journalz
04-08-2007, 04:50 PM
2+2 is 4 , right?
Yes thats mathematics, It means that and that will give u this result.
Same thing with thoughts, a thought will also bring u to a certain destination, And the destination u have thought about without even knowing it.
we get about 50,000 thoughts a day. In nature the negative thoughts come first. BUt what if its possible to control all the thoughts.? In the long run how will this effect us? . WIll we see a positive outcome ? or a negative? . I say positive, Cause the brain is like a computer , u can program it ,so u can be whatever u want and have whatever u want..

So whats the point of meditating for 10 min everyday. When its the small thing, Fix the bigger thing first. Cause if u fix the bigger problem the smaller problems wont exist cause their gone. LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE

Now The big thing is that u need to meditate ALL DAY. THAT IS KEY....

In 1 week or 2 weeks ur mind will change
Here are the steps

1)Watch how u breath
2)watch what u say
3)whach what u think

Now this is the fuked up part, 90% of us
1)dont know how to live in peace
2)dont understand how life works
3)dont understand nature
4)dont understand the outcome of things

Let me explain , Lets say i told u to watch how u think. Well Lets say u did , and a feeling of jealousy comes on ur head,And u think its a good thing , But in reality its not a good thing, Cause when ur jealous of somebody ur never gonna become him!....
So the best thought to think is, "damn i got respect for the guy , one day im gonna be like him"......
Its lil shit like that man, U just gotta know how to play with words....

POSITIVE ELEVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta co-sign this shit.

Meditation is like anything else, turntablism, graf, Kung-Fu, etc. You have to practice and keep practicing until it becomes second-nature.

Plus, it depends on what meditation you're practicing. If it's just to calm yourself, like Hanamichi said, you have to focus on something. Take yourself to the beach, a forest, or even on top of Mother Earth if you choose, but the key from there is to actually stay there. A lot of people have problems doing this, and I used to be one of them. Until you can do it without effort, use music as a guide. Preferably an instrumental, because you won't have to worry about lyrics disrupting your travel, you can choose the destination yourself with an instrumental.

From there, say you chose a forest to reside in for your session. You have to hear the birds chirping, feel the breeze blowing, feel the sun on your face. Try to smell the pine trees and hear the leaves move as the wind blows. It works.

Battle 1
04-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I want to be like Killah Priest

http://www.universal-tao.com/9formulas.html (http://www.universal-tao.com/9formulas.html)

^O^

Yo thankz for that link. That's some real deep mental jewls there.

Urban_Journalz
04-08-2007, 04:58 PM
^^^Word. That's one of the best Chi Kung sites out there.

Dirty Knowledge
04-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Just go somewhere and relax.. where you can have peace-and-quiet or something close to it. I dunno about 'techniques'..

Urban_Journalz
04-10-2007, 11:24 PM
The techniques depend on what you're trying to do.

If you're trying to calm down, you need to go to a peaceful spot and keep a peaceful scene in your mind as well. Breathing is the main tool in all meditations.

If you're doing chakra meditation, you'll need to know what chakra to concentrate on, what sutras and mantras to use and at what level.

If you're gathering chi, then you'll have to know where to put it once you gather it, plus know how to circulate it.

brown_dogg
04-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for posting guys. I haveta devote some time to do this stuff.

Urban_Journalz
04-14-2007, 02:50 PM
You should start with about a half hour. Get a timer or somethin' and just forget about everything around you. Put yourself in your own trance. The timer will go off before you know it and if you stay focused, it'll be almost as if you were a part of the environment itself. Stillness is crazy B.

Peace