PDA

View Full Version : Some Catholics outraged over a chocolate Jesus art figure?

netscape check two
04-03-2007, 12:10 AM
I was wondering why some Catholics are so upset about an art figure of Jesus that was made out of chocolate? It's not meant to be eaten. It was supposed to be shown in a building for people to see, but the people at the building backed out of the plan, because of the angry Catholics. Would they rather have had the figure be made of of something different, like a vanilla substance? Or plastic? Or sand? Aluminum?

EAGLE EYE
04-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Is it a sin to eat chocolate or something?

Maybe Jesus looked black and they couldnt deal with that image?

Frontal Lobotomy
04-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Maybe they should've put some red-coloured caramel oozing from the stigmata and sacred heart. Catholics love fire and brimstone. When I was in Ireland, in a place called Knock (big name in the catholic world) there are a million and one souvenir shops with all kinds of evangelical delights. One thing in particular has lingered in my mind over the years; You know those holograph type things that have 2 different pictures and make a rad noise when you scratch on them horizontally? Well this one was close-up of Jesus' face on the cross, crown of thorns and all that stuff. First off, all I saw was his eyes closed, which didn't strike me as all that odd. My second glance saw that his eyes were now open wide with a very staring gaze about it. How fucking eerie is that?
My people sometimes scare me.

Ultimate Fist
04-03-2007, 12:33 AM
this choclate my flesh...

netscape check two
04-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Like I said, the chocolate wasn't meant to be eaten at all. It was an art exhibit.

supremecharma
04-03-2007, 05:52 AM
they prob want it made out of solid gold.

RAMESH
04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
some people take their religion very serious & should be respected but for me personaly i really don't see a problem with it

100pr00f
04-03-2007, 01:58 PM
its holy chocolate

AcidPhosphate69
04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Was it..SWISS chocolate...

ZING!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-03-2007, 02:24 PM
This whole Graven Images is so fucking idiotic why are they mad when they Idolize Jesus in the first place isn't that one of the 10 commandments...NO GRAVEN IMAGES...What a bunch of hypocrites

Kong
04-03-2007, 03:08 PM
tell them jesus didn't even look like that anyway its just a chocolate man.

crust
04-03-2007, 03:22 PM
One thing in particular has lingered in my mind over the years; You know those holograph type things that have 2 different pictures and make a rad noise when you scratch on them horizontally? Well this one was close-up of Jesus' face on the cross, crown of thorns and all that stuff. First off, all I saw was his eyes closed, which didn't strike me as all that odd. My second glance saw that his eyes were now open wide with a very staring gaze about it. How fucking eerie is that?
My people sometimes scare me.

i know what you are talking about. i found something like that in tijuana mexico, but on a tee-shirt. it was pretty dope. i was gunna buy it but they wanted 23 bucks for it! haha. it was this huge print of jesus on the cross with the thorn crown and all. and the eyes opened and closed. i should have picked it up.

MsRzaRecTaH
04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
lmaoo @ the whole thread.. fuck that I would of eaten it..

supremecharma
04-04-2007, 04:56 AM
haha^ good shout