PDA

View Full Version : that film 300 (modern day undertones?)

SID
04-03-2007, 07:41 AM
I just watched that film 300 with the spartans battling the persians and i cant help but see the comparison the directors and producers are portraying
too the modern day crisis that is the supposed incompatability of intergration between the east and west.
For instance the persians are portrayed as evil, barbarian, untolerating,enemies of democracy and oppressors of women. Similar to the picture that is being painted today, it is pissing me off that the authorites think they can subliminaly brainwash people on a major scale, because a person who has been having doubts about the goodness of the middle east and the islamic world will walk away from the cinema with more arrogant thoughts of intolerence and hate embadeded in thier fragile gullable brains. How long will it take for the sheepish masses to wake up from their stance of delusion and see the real bloodthirsty oilthirsty oppressing machine that is the united states of america, and their brainwashing of all western bred minds. My question is simple as a Nation, as people, as humans how long will we lured into the net of global deception starting with israel and ending up in all the west, tell me your thoughts on this matter people

P.L.O Style

100pr00f
04-03-2007, 08:52 AM
lol funny shit

its a movie

its not a true story

sure spartans and the Persians had a battle in real life

this is a movie off of a graphic novel written by frank miller
apparently alot of easterners dont read western novels

SID
04-03-2007, 09:01 AM
you must be very confused bro iam talking about the subliminal comparsion the director is tryin to make in reference to the modern day i never said its a true story nor implied it. Read the thread properly if you want to make a constructive comment (a lot easteners dont read a lot of western novels excellent observation einstein just like westerners dont read eastern novels)

100pr00f
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM
no we do at my local library their are a shit load of books written from the east

point out what the subliminal stuff and ill comment on them
peace

SID
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
well first off the word subliminal means things that give you new thoughts that you dident realise or notice at the time but stick in your head, for me watching nothing was subliminal i saw through the film and could see the subliminal impact it could have given people who walked into the cinema with doubts about the islamic world and walked out with just a lil bit more resentment towards the islamic world. for instance in one scene a persian is speaking with the king and the queen she speaks and the persian says what gives a women the right to speak amongst men and she says aour women gave birth to real men, thats not subliminal thats str8 out in your face but the rest of the films theres little bits here and there i saw would have an impact on a particular audience maybe if watch the film with that mindstate you will see what iam taling about.

100pr00f
04-03-2007, 09:36 AM
i watch the film in the mind state that it was a film from a non fictional book
the lines u referd too were also in the book
i thought it was a great line
a woman sticking up for her rights
that line wasnt a subliminal message saying the mid east women dont have rights
and it wasnt a persion
she was speaking to

he was a trader that sided with the persions

back in those days women didnt have rights not just in mid east but every where

Visionz
04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
well first off the word subliminal means things that give you new thoughts that you dident realise or notice at the time but stick in your head, for me watching nothing was subliminal i saw through the film and could see the subliminal impact it could have given people who walked into the cinema with doubts about the islamic world and walked out with just a lil bit more resentment towards the islamic world. for instance in one scene a persian is speaking with the king and the queen she speaks and the persian says what gives a women the right to speak amongst men and she says aour women gave birth to real men, thats not subliminal thats str8 out in your face but the rest of the films theres little bits here and there i saw would have an impact on a particular audience maybe if watch the film with that mindstate you will see what iam taling about.
The setting is one that is both pre-Islam, pre-Christian, so I don't think it comments, subliminally or otherwise, on modern-day affairs. The news in general does a far greater disservice to fostering peace and understanding towards the East than this movie ever would. People that watch Fox News on a regular basis, those muhfuckas you should be worried about.

100pr00f
04-03-2007, 11:33 AM
true

WARPATH
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
My post from the Box office hideout thread for 300:

I thought it was good movie.

One thing that was funny to me was how they depicted the Greeks as the good "White Democratic Warriors" against the invading persians as "African and Asian slave drivers"

white people came out of the theatre PUMPED!

"Did you see the movie dude?"

"yeah dude, it fuckin' rocked dude!"

"Fuck yeah dude!"

"it was bitchin dude!"

all stereo types aside, it's a dope movie. It's entertainment, and should be viewed as such.(i'm trying to be sattirical)

SID
04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
thats what iam sayin how it depicted the spartans as democratic freedom fighters and the persians as brutes and oppressors (how it supposedly is today)
that was ma point
and a lot of people have got more effected by it then they realise

SID
04-03-2007, 12:09 PM
and those killaz on fox news an CBS (all the tv to be honest) an all those zionist networks homboy i cant even spare a word to those muthafuckas

crust
04-03-2007, 01:07 PM
i've been hearing a lot of people in my group of friends say that this movie is a reflection of how the world is today. personaly i think people are looking way too much into it. i understand that they're might be "subliminal messages" in the movie but to tell you the truth i didn't see or hear anything from the movie that changed my views or my thoughts about anything that's going on in the world today. and now looking back, when i came out the movie theater i was really stoked on the fact that the special fx's were done really well and that the movie production stuck to mr.millers novel. haha. and the fight scene's were awesome. but i didn't come out with the mind set of that the movie was "trying to brainwash people" or anything of that matter. i dunno man. to me it was just a really good movie. peace.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I understand you point of view sidious...This subliminal shit occurs everyday on televisions and commercials it's not only in movies but its rampant on every media possible...Radio, Newspapers, & Television. The 300 movie is just one needle in a pile of needles hidden beneath some hay.

RAMESH
04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
i just saw a good movie
i liked the fighting scenes in general i like movies like this with huge battles
it just entertainment what would the world be with out movies
it would of been boring as fuck if the asians just came over smoked some weed with the spartans & left
i was also feeling hyped after the movie

Alcryt
04-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Im yet to see it, but i know with historical movies they are always hugely exaggerated and changed to make them more entertaining.
For example in Braveheart at the end when William Wallace dies, i doubt he would of screemed "freeeeeedommmm" but it makes the movie more entertaining.
I would be guessing its purely coincidental that 300 can relate to modern day comparisons, and am willing to bet the portrayal of Persians as evil is for entertainment purposes.
After all no one really wants to see a movie of good vs good, they want good vs evil.

Just my thoughts..

SID
04-03-2007, 03:50 PM
4 real you know how its BEN!!!

RAMESH
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Im yet to see it, but i know with historical movies they are always hugely exaggerated and changed to make them more entertaining.
For example in Braveheart at the end when William Wallace dies, i doubt he would of screemed "freeeeeedommmm" but it makes the movie more entertaining.
I would be guessing its purely coincidental that 300 can relate to modern day comparisons, and am willing to bet the portrayal of Persians as evil is for entertainment purposes.
After all no one really wants to see a movie of good vs good, they want good vs evil.

Just my thoughts..
300 is more fantasy where braveheart is more realistic in 300 you got monsters & demons

living_undead
04-03-2007, 06:01 PM
monsters and demons?
thats some subliminal shit too.
like iran got mythical beasts.
and they just waiting to unleash them shits on us.
damn, lets bomb those motherfuckers.

zeppelin2k
04-03-2007, 06:04 PM
whats the difference

they all came from india in the start

everyone's human

just go enjoy the movie

a racist can find his racist views in everything, not just 300

SID
04-04-2007, 03:50 AM
are you implying that iam racist come on man i was not commentanting on any racist shit, iwas just on about the comparison made in that film and many others to be honest to the modern day

usa will bomb iran its a matter of time but hey the usa cant be more hated than it is already (israels bitch).

Alcryt
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
300 is more fantasy where braveheart is more realistic in 300 you got monsters & demons

ah i see, im really going to have to see this movie then :mmmyah: