PDA

View Full Version : El-P-I'll Sleep When You're Dead

noel411
04-05-2007, 02:44 AM
I know there's already a thread for this in the reviews section, but this is a thread just for general discussion on this album. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it on here. I know there's the mandatory poser contingent who hate on El-P because he's considered "nerd rap", or whatever term it is that posers are using these days, and I know there's plenty of people who just plain don't like him, but I thought he still had a pretty strong following. In any case he's a big name in the hip hop community.

Anyway, I really don't think El-P can rap for shit, and never will be able to, but after a few listens I must say that I'm digging some of the lyrics on this joint. But as with anything which involves El-P, the production is what stands out on this album. I'm loving it. This dude likes to make a whole lot of fucking noise, but the production on here is fucken sick as far as I'm concerned. Enjoyable enough that this is easily my favourite album so far this year, even though I'm generally more about the mc side of things. I've had the desire to bump this album every day since I got it, which is something no album has done to me for some time.

I haven't heard the Cilvaringz joint yet, and I do expect that to top this. But from what I've heard this year this has definately been my favourite.

Negative Plethora
04-05-2007, 06:31 AM
I thought it was dope as fuck. Whole CD is pretty sick, "Smithereens" and "The Overly Dramatic Truth" are probably my two favorite tracks. The song with Cage is ill, too.

Wzarecta
04-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Yer, I'll say it again. Fucking incredible album.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-05-2007, 09:16 AM
^^ co-sign

lol @ posers

RynMur
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
gotta love the production

Marc051
04-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I need to be in the mood to appreciate this and his other work...dude's in how own world. I can't just pop in this album anytime and enjoy the vibe...shit's crazy.