PDA

View Full Version : DMX Dissin' The West Coast

MR HIP HOP HEAD
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/God_Optimus_Prime/Hip%20Hop/DMX/DMX_06.jpg

Rapper DMX, who recently finished 2 films and signed onto another was featured in a newspaper that just surfaced, where he opens up and doesn't hold back his tongue for his dislike for westcoast hip hop music. X made clear that he appreciated and respected the talent back in his native home in New York more than he did out in the west, where he currently resides. X claimed NY rappers talked about real issues and struggles, while westcoast music is about being laid back and lacking hardship. X mentioned The Game's name as a reference to a westcoast rapper that he could relate to due to his New York flavor. X said that he was able to respect him for that and couldn't really think of anyone else out west besides him that he could respect for that.

In a quote from Ventura County Star, X was reported as stating, "I don't like a lot of West Coast rappers. West Coast rap is too laid back, too focused on marijuana with all the blunts and lowriders. There's nothing honest. There's no trouble in it, you know? There's no hardship in it. Everyone in L.A. that raps has a lowrider and a fat blunt. Back here in New York, we're still walkin' and still smokin' dirt, you know? There's no hardship in their rap, there's nothin' to make you say, I can relate to that."

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article173878.html

chiba
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM
i guess he hasnt heard heiro crew, souls of mischief, alkaholiks, rass kass, ice cube, wc, xzibit etc
west has alot of talent
to compare west and east coast is pointless
2 different styles that are equally good

and to think dre is producing beats for g unit and other east coast rappers
what does he think about that

Cesar
04-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I wonder if Him & Kurrupt are going to go at it again.

Kenny Powers
04-06-2007, 03:05 AM
nothing really wrong with what he said, its true west does talk about weed and shit cause thats what they live. South lives parties, bitches, and rims so they rap about that. New York talks about growing up and where they came from. You rap what you live and if all hip hop talked about the same issues, thered be no point in listening to it...

chiba
04-06-2007, 03:12 AM
I wonder if Him & Kurrupt are going to go at it again.

:lmao:

HANZO
04-06-2007, 09:22 AM
not like X himself has been doing any good these days. his albums have gone down hill eversince flesh of my flesh.

mofo
04-06-2007, 12:04 PM
He's not dissing westcoast he is just saying that he does not like westcoast music because it is too laidback. Everyone has different tastes in music. It's okay to like East coast music and dislike west coast music just as it's okay to like heavy metal music and dislike pop music. Everyone is entitled to their own tastes in music.

A real diss to the west coast is basically saying Fuck westcoast.

chiba
04-07-2007, 02:19 AM
He's not dissing westcoast he is just saying that he does not like westcoast music because it is too laidback. Everyone has different tastes in music. It's okay to like East coast music and dislike west coast music just as it's okay to like heavy metal music and dislike pop music. Everyone is entitled to their own tastes in music.

A real diss to the west coast is basically saying Fuck westcoast.

true dat :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

zeppelin2k
04-08-2007, 07:39 PM
last time I checked
game only talks about weed and lowriders and video hoes
and is laid back

so where exactly is dmx's point. no where