PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy stars in HNIC Movie

tragedykhadafi12
04-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Infamous Films recently announced that Mobb Deep's Prodigy will executive produce and star in an upcoming independent movie titled H.N.I.C.
The film, which will also star Davetta Sherwood ("The Young and The Restless"), Hassan Johnson (HBO's "The Wire"), Rick Gonzalez (Coach Carter) and J.D. Williams (HBO's "The Wire"), is described as a genre-bending story. No further details about the movie were revealed at press time.
H.N.I.C. is expected to begin production in the spring. As SOHH previously reported, Prodigy is currently crafting his sophomore solo album titled H.N.I.C. Part 2 which will hit shelves later this year.
He recently released a collaborative effort with Cali producer Alchemist titled Return of The Mac. The album debuted at No. 32 on the Billboard 200 this week.

EAGLE EYE
04-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I bet he's an incredible actor.

11th Chamber
04-07-2007, 02:38 AM
who wants to take votes on how many Acadamy Awards he wins on this?

Just hope he does a better acting job than Cam'ron(no offense)

tragedykhadafi12
04-07-2007, 08:06 AM
hes probably not that bad. Plus hes got people from the wire on there. They will teach him a few things

CharlesJones
04-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Oh lord, not another Mobb Deep movie LOL. Murda Musik movie sucked terribly. I wish i hadn't wasted money on that. Davetta Sherwood is hot. I liked her on Platinum tv show with Sticky Fingaz, Jason George, N'Bushe Wright. I can't believe she's wasting her time on this bullshit Prodigy movie.

EAGLE EYE
04-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I would lose less brain cells if I spent my money on a couple cheap 40 ounces than watching a movie with mobb deep in it

tragedykhadafi12
04-07-2007, 10:01 PM
whatever, ill check it out.

SaqurakiHanamichi
04-08-2007, 08:18 AM
lol ill check it out too!!!!!

zeppelin2k
04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
another crappy movie made for $$$ and nothing else
commercialization of your mind continues

J-DON
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Im pretty sure Prodigy is going to be a terrible actor. He has no screen prescene in ANY video hes in. He looks rather sickly and awkward nowadays (peep the stuck on you video)

junius
04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
"Murda Muzik" is pretty good; what fucking "standards" are ya'll judging it against? horse's ass Scorsese bullshit like "The Departed"? in fact, "MM" is better than many many MANY blaxploitation films & as good as a lot of the underground NYC stuff of late '70s & '80s. i assume you know "Wild Style"; what about "The Deadly Art of Survival" however?

the low budget showed in spots but some of the street stuff was very good indeed.

Q: how many of you "critics" recognized they were shooting in Red Hook (Shabazz The Disciple represent) instead of QB for some projects scenes? (Because Red Hook is a lot quieter, easier to get time/space.)

i'm plenty critical of Hav & P. when necessary but i was surprised just how good "MM" was. very recommended Netflix add to anyone curious.

it DESTROYS "famous" crap like "Across 110th St" too-- the truth!

GENERAL WISE
04-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Where is Jeru's The Sun Rises in The East??