PDA

View Full Version : New GoW multiplayer gametype

brown_dogg
04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Gametype's called "Annex", and it's like a "Territories" (Halo 2) kinda thing.

From IGN.com:
A round is won in Annex by winning and maintaining control over specific map locations. The objective points are based on weapon spawn locations and will be active one at a time. Points are awarded each second that a team controls one of the objectives with a maximum of 60 points to be split between the two teams for each point. Once an objective has been drained, the next is selected at random.

Winning scores can be adjusted by the players with a minimum of 120 and a maximum of 480. First one to reach the score wins, regardless of the number of kills either team accumulates. Respawns are set to infinite, but they come in waves every 15 seconds rather than being based on when a particular player dies.

The amount of player customization goes further than the winning score. Adjustable options include:

Selected Map: Which map or series of maps to use.
Number of Rounds: Number of rounds required to win the match.
Bleed-out Duration: Amount of time before a player dies while DBNO.
Round Score: Number of points required to win a round.
Friendly Fire: In a player match, whether teammates can damage each other.
Private Slots: In a player match, number of player slots reserved for friend invites.
Weapons Swapped: In a player match, whether the person who sets up the match can determine whether weapons that appear in the maps are replaced or removed.

It was posted on the Gears of War webpage, with a release date for April 9th, but the update was pulled down because they haven't decided on a release date yet. I'm thinking it should be in the next two weeks though.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I was playing this yesterday...or atleast it sounds the same you respawn once your killed and you have to run back to the territory...It makes GoW alot more fun because I hated the fact that you had to watch until everyone is dead on your team or you win.

brown_dogg
04-11-2007, 09:20 PM
True, this shit just came out. I gotta download it soon. I also hated how you haveta wait to respawn.

Ozmosis
04-11-2007, 11:52 PM
i heard somebody say when i was playing today that when playing ranked annex matches the kills don't count towards achievements, is this true???

shaolinsword
04-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Finally get to spawn in a xbox live game of GoW? Looks like I might start playing it online again then. Annex sounds like HQ on CoD3

100pr00f
04-12-2007, 07:59 AM
its pretty cool... made the game more fun since it was getting old to me

its easy to get kills

im getting around 60 to 70 kills a game

haha