PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Appreciation ...

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 01:26 PM
... where the MK fans at ? ... one of the greatest series of all time imo ... one of the few ive continually gotten deep into ... the storyline - though hard to seperate canon from fiction - is pretty cool and interesting ... MK II is a classic 9.5/10 game imo i played that for so much during my time in primary school that its ridiculous ... any other MK fans out here ... ?

SniperShot
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
... where the MK fans at ? ... one of the greatest series of all time imo ... one of the few ive continually gotten deep into ... the storyline - though had to seperate canon from fiction - is pretty cool and interesting ... MK II is a classic 9/10 game imo i played that for so much during my time in primary school that its ridiculous ... any other MK fans out here ... ?

im a BIG mk fan. my fav was mk 3....the newer ones arent as good.

CID DIGITAL
04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Been playin it from the start. I aint played the lil games they made for ps1 though. They was like Double Dragon for MK. I forget what they were called but they didnt do too good. Like the Wu game.

I'll be playin MK wiff my grandkids. Word up.

EDIT- I made the thread last night about Armageddon. My favorite .....either MK4 or Armageddon.

SniperShot
04-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Been playin it from the start. I aint played the lil games they made for ps1 though. They was like Double Dragon for MK. I forget what they were called but they didnt do too good. Like the Wu game.

I'll be playin MK wiff my grandkids. Word up.

yeah, u mean those adventure games they put out. i played the first one i think it was where u were sub zero. i didnt like that much....

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
i dont like the motor kombat ... but kombat chess was cool i liked that ... MK original, honestly has my favourite video game theme song ... i feel like 6 years old again when i hear it ...

cd digital - your thread actually inspired me to make this ... MK is like wu-tang ...

FOREVER

SniperShot
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
i dont like the motor kombat ... but kombat chess was cool i liked that ... MK original, honestly has my favourite video game theme song ... i feel like 6 years old again when i hear it ...

cd digital - your thread actually inspired me to make this ... MK is like wu-tang ...

FOREVER

i dislike all those mini games. motor kombat was alright it wasnt put together well.

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
yeh those mini games ... i donno whats up with them ... the tetris game annoys the shit out of me ... motor kombat's novelty wore off after 1 race ... kombat chess was cool i wish it was in armageddon ...

Frontal Lobotomy
04-11-2007, 01:57 PM
MK is dececnt enough. I was always more os a Street Fighter kinda guy. A fusion of the both made my favourite beat 'em up though: Killer Instinct.
MKII is an institution though, Shang Tsung was the man

Inspectah_Dirk
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM
MKII was the best :D Ahhh..how that game rocked.

SniperShot
04-11-2007, 02:05 PM
MK is dececnt enough. I was always more os a Street Fighter kinda guy. A fusion of the both made my favourite beat 'em up though: Killer Instinct.
MKII is an institution though, Shang Tsung was the man

street fighter aint good until they made those capcom vs whatever. i loved those. and MK was good but they made all these new ones and kinda ruined it. when they made the newest one i was excited since it has every character. but then i bought it the day it came out and was a lil dissapointed but happy also. the dissapointment was cuz all the characters had similar special moves, like when they would go in the sky and come up from the ground. and the stages werent good. and the boss, was a lil lame.

CID DIGITAL
04-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Chess was good. THe puzzle was Krap. Motor Kombat would Pwn with like just 4 more tracks and all the players available to race(every character).

SF is golden as well. I never knew about the first one till I watched Juice but when SF2 dropped , I was all over it. I had the home ports and all. I like all versions of SF.

I got a capcom greatest hits disc not too long ago that has Street Fighter the original and SuperSF2Turbo.

I think I posted this crazy clip of a mungen(sp?) program where it had MK Vs SF. I'll go get the link real quick.

CID DIGITAL
04-11-2007, 02:44 PM
HEre it is - http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29108

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
i got a SF v MK one ill find for you ...

>>edit<<

watch this ... scoprion v ryu

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/276650

CID DIGITAL
04-11-2007, 03:19 PM
OMG...that shit was off tha hook. Way better than what I found. Jesus. That battle was sick. The intro story was amusing too.

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
nah that other one was cool too ... fuckn akuma ... out of nowhere owns scorpion ... motherfucker lol

CID DIGITAL
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Only took him 4 or 5 hits. lol

good shit

SniperShot
04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
that mk vs sf 2 was hot

Miliato
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
its ok....im here now

i thought 4 was the weakest......3 was crazy when it dropped & i love all the ps2 ones..........ima combo type dude.......and i hate all you bitches online where all you do is ya cheap special moves with ya gay created character......get some real game

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
armaggedon disappointed me with lack of combo's ... chameleon is the only character worth playin with online cos he has a mad combo set ... though air combo's are alright ...

i didnt like MK3 tbh ... though UMK3 made up for my hatred ... then trilogy did even better ... MK4 def sucked ... but if it hadnt been made the ps2 ones wouldnt be as good as they are ...

and nothing is worse than homo created characters who all they do is fire ball and transport and shit ...

CID DIGITAL
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
MK4 intro'd weapons. It was tight. Some great combos came from that game. YOU could juggle somebody in the air with the weapon at the end of a mean combo and get at least 3/4 of their bar knocked the fuck out.

Miliato
04-11-2007, 04:44 PM
armaggedon disappointed me with lack of combo's ... chameleon is the only character worth playin with online cos he has a mad combo set ... though air combo's are alright ...

i love Armageddon, ground & air combos, parrys n shit........off the top my favs. combo wise are; Shang, Quan, Movado, Johnny Cage, Tanya

and nothing is worse than homo created characters who all they do is fire ball and transport and shit ...

ya that teleport move where they come from below you and then slam you, i hate that shit

yo Hollow Dartz.....where u at, i forgot to tell you i finally figured that shit out n got my online goin

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah, MK4 was innovative in terms of next level ... but damn the gameplay was weak ... i read a review somewhere it was described as "the only 3D game with 2D gameplay" - ouch

and as a reptile fan i hated his MK4 costume ... infact i havent liked any of his costumes since beyond MK II ... i prefer him ninja'd up ... but MK: A attire isnt too bad ...

>>edit<<

MILLIon - yeh the air combos and shit are cool ... but i miss the long combos you could do on the deception ... especially ones where you went through all fighting styles they were cool as fuck ... but the air ones are still cool ...

Miliato
04-11-2007, 05:09 PM
^ aw shit yea i forgot about that....in Deception & DA you could go thru all 3 fighting styles on one combo, that shit was crazy

i also agree on the Reptile thing.....i didnt like any of his PS2 costumes besides the newest one in Armageddon where he was all wrapped up.......i hated the ones where he is a straight up lizard, long tail n shit

SKANK HILL
04-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Read Bulletin

From:http://a719.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01158/81/75/1158345718_s.jpg (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=100133039) Scorpion (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=100133039)

http://i.myspace.com/site/images/clear.gif
Date:12 Apr 2007, 02:51 AM SubjectMKII on PS3 Thursday! 4/12/07Body:Mortals,

Mortal Kombat II will be available for download on the PlayStation Network this Thursday for $4.99.

It will include 10 new stages, online play and leaderboards.

Prepare yourselves for Kombat!

SKANK HILL
04-14-2007, 04:18 AM
i just played the original MK for the first time in like 10 years on my genesis emulator ... ahhh the memories it brought back ... i forgot how fucking annoying goro was to beat ... got a double flawless on shang tsung ... really its too easy when he morphs into other characters ... i always found goro harder than shang tsung ... especially on the hardest difficulty ...

Miliato
04-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Read Bulletin

From:http://a719.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01158/81/75/1158345718_s.jpg (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=100133039) Scorpion (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=100133039)

http://i.myspace.com/site/images/clear.gif
Date:12 Apr 2007, 02:51 AM SubjectMKII on PS3 Thursday! 4/12/07Body:Mortals,

Mortal Kombat II will be available for download on the PlayStation Network this Thursday for $4.99.

It will include 10 new stages, online play and leaderboards.

Prepare yourselves for Kombat!

anyone plan on getting this....i wish i could, but i dont have PS3.......im dying to kno what them 10 new levels are

NIGHT MAYOR
04-24-2007, 02:13 AM
love mk but they lost me at #4, ULTIMATE mortal kombat 3 was the best had all the extra characters.

Sleep Sinatra
04-24-2007, 07:29 AM
yo who da ya think has tha best fatality move.... i'd post my opinion but i cant decide haha

NIGHT MAYOR
04-24-2007, 07:39 AM
subzero - when that shit hit the arcades everyone wanted to do subzero's spine rip

SKANK HILL
04-24-2007, 07:56 AM
my first fatality i ever did was reptiles on MK2 ... my favourite is scorpions ... and yeh sub zero's was cool ... and MK4 sucked bit it paved the way the current games

Dante
04-24-2007, 09:09 AM
My favorite series of all time....MK2 is definetly the best one on the series IMO.