PDA

View Full Version : Wu Tang and Biggie Smalls

WuBiz
07-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Yo, how ya'll feel about the 2 Wu related joints B.I.G put out on his 2 solo albums - "The What" feat. Method Man and "Long Kiss Goodnight" produced by the RZA. I was just listening to Biggie's albums and thought it was bug that even tho there was that whole Wu/ Badboy tension during the 90's that Big and Wu got together to make 2 classic joints.

THE W
07-22-2005, 10:34 PM
they were tight songs.

it was more between rae and ghost then the whole wu-tang.

ill0gic
07-22-2005, 10:52 PM
I love both songs, but

The What > Long Kiss Goodnight

*spits on ya grave and grabs my Charles Dickens*

LordReveal
07-22-2005, 10:57 PM
"it was more between rae & ghost than the whole wu-tang."
^
Exactly. Meth & ODB were mad cool with Biggie.

Mixtape Mutt
07-22-2005, 11:01 PM
The whole "King of NY" affair.

Create
07-22-2005, 11:21 PM
That Shit Produced By Rza Sucked Ass

One Of The Lesser Knwon Rza Joints I Ever Liked

WuBiz
07-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Create, u wildin, son. Long Kiss Goodnight is masterful. Listen to what RZA is doin wit the different instruments in the background. THAT SHIT IS GENIUS! I hope u aint one of those Wu fans that can't appreciate good shit unless a Wu member is rhymin over it. The lyrics that Biggie used over that track is proof enough that he is one of the greatest EVER. Even RZA was qouted on several occasions that Big is one of the greatest. I know its just ya opinion but damn I can't understand how a hip hop fan cannot like that shit, son.

WuBiz
07-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Also my niggas, I know it was just Ghost and Rae who really had a problem wit Bad Boy back in the day but that alone made tension between the two camps. If u was a nigga in the streets durin that era u know what I'm talkin about. If you hood you know that if somebody from your crew got a beef wit some next crew - then that mean your WHOLE crew got beef wit that crew! PERIOD. I'm from East New York and during those years e'rbody was talkin about Wu versus BadBoy because of Cuban Linx and also because they produced differing sounding hip hop.

LuGhostDog
07-24-2005, 08:50 PM
When Ghost punched Mase in his face. That was Wu pissin on BadBoy. The only nigga they respected the least of, was dead. Wu did and has over came BadBoy and took over NEW YORK. FUCK THE ROC. REALEASE THAT O.D.B SHIT

Analyze
07-24-2005, 08:59 PM
LongKiss is the shit Big murdered Pac. I love that shit, a nigga who could fuck you up subliminals.

Wu Forever

Polocash7
07-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Long Kiss Goodnight is a banger. I wish Ghost and Rae was on it(the original). I always wanted those 3 on a track together(produced by Rza of course)

WuBiz
07-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Word up, Long Kiss Goodnight is definetely a banger son! And to all ya'll faggot ass niggas that get on this shit and hate on Big, BadBoy, or whoever ya'll feel is gettin more attention than WuTang - let me tell ya'll niggas something - THIS AINT 1994 NO MORE!! WuTang has done already collaborated or made peace with, it seems, a million or so "commercial "artists that ya'll hatin a certain artist because ya'll feel its for the cause of Wu just make ya'll seem like nerds. So get of that shit, please! Ya'll makin WuTang fans look like idiots!!

Lesbian Nun
07-25-2005, 12:27 AM
puff daddy has equal or MORE influence on the music business then Rza even...they're both Amazing producers hands down...i pick Rza over anything puff daddy makes, but Ready to Die is fuckin unstoppable huge and classic...ready to die is more classic then cuban linx to me...i respect puff daddy for his earlier works like mary j, biggie, bad boy, etc...shit musta been nuts around 95 in NY...damn

as far as people hatin on "long kiss goodnight"...admit yourselves to the psych ward at yer nearest hospital...you're all fuckin NUTS...

Rebel_INS
07-25-2005, 05:23 AM
They were good tracks

cap
07-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Puffy An Amazing Producer????????

Lets Not Go Overboard With This Wack Appreciation Shit......

Polocash7
07-25-2005, 09:20 AM
puff daddy has equal or MORE influence on the music business then Rza even...they're both Amazing producers hands down...i pick Rza over anything puff daddy makes, but Ready to Die is fuckin unstoppable huge and classic...ready to die is more classic then cuban linx to me...i respect puff daddy for his earlier works like mary j, biggie, bad boy, etc...shit musta been nuts around 95 in NY...damn

as far as people hatin on "long kiss goodnight"...admit yourselves to the psych ward at yer nearest hospital...you're all fuckin NUTS...True. Long Kiss Goodnight is dope. However,Puff has never produced a track in his career. Ready to Die is mostly produced by Easy Mo Bee. Rza actually makes beats while Puff tells producers what sound he lookin' 4.

Analyze
07-25-2005, 09:33 AM
True. Long Kiss Goodnight is dope. However,Puff has never produced a track in his career. Ready to Die is mostly produced by Easy Mo Bee. Rza actually makes beats while Puff tells producers what sound he lookin' 4.

Or changes a snare and gets co-production credit.

CYENCE
07-25-2005, 09:50 AM
LongKiss is the shit Big murdered Pac. I love that shit, a nigga who could fuck you up subliminals.

Wu Forever
Long Kiss Goodnight is a classic, though i still think Bad Boy is wack for subliminally dissin a nigga after he dead

Lesbian Nun
07-25-2005, 12:02 PM
True. Long Kiss Goodnight is dope. However,Puff has never produced a track in his career. Ready to Die is mostly produced by Easy Mo Bee. Rza actually makes beats while Puff tells producers what sound he lookin' 4.
I believe you...i'm no puff daddy dick rider...but i figured he's the man behind Ready To Die beats...i never knew the difference between mo bee and puff daddy's credits as far as production on the album...

all in all wouldn't you say Notorious BIG had an overall "wider" audience as well as publicity and accolades then Wu?

i never grew up in NY...but i'm sure more people know "big poppa" then "proteck ya neck" even til this day i'm saying...

i hate puffy's public persona, and his solo album made a fortune of Big dyin...i never felt right about that...

Wu-Disciple
07-25-2005, 03:50 PM
The What Was Produced By Easy Mo Bee, Not Rza

And The Beat For Long Kiss Goodnight Was Altered By Badboy ( Rza Said He Put A Lot In The Beat That Was Eliminated)

But, Yeah. Meth Killed The What. It's Funny How Everybody's Sayin They The King Of Ny, N Been Doin This Shit For A While. Back In The 90's Every Body From Pac To Big Wanted Meth On Their Album. No One Called Jayz Now Their Sayin Jay Is The Greatest Of All Time. Since When? Please

P3T3R BARK3R
07-25-2005, 03:54 PM

And The Beat For Long Kiss Goodnight Was Altered By Badboy ( Rza Said He Put A Lot In The Beat That Was Eliminated)

But, Yeah. Meth Killed The What. It's Funny How Everybody's Sayin They The King Of Ny, N Been Doin This Shit For A While. Back In The 90's Every Body From Pac To Big Wanted Meth On Their Album. No One Called Jayz Now Their Sayin Jay Is The Greatest Of All Time. Since When? Please
since "blueprint" i think

Analyze
07-25-2005, 06:13 PM

When Vol 2 blew.

Create
07-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Create, u wildin, son. Long Kiss Goodnight is masterful. Listen to what RZA is doin wit the different instruments in the background. THAT SHIT IS GENIUS! I hope u aint one of those Wu fans that can't appreciate good shit unless a Wu member is rhymin over it. The lyrics that Biggie used over that track is proof enough that he is one of the greatest EVER. Even RZA was qouted on several occasions that Big is one of the greatest. I know its just ya opinion but damn I can't understand how a hip hop fan cannot like that shit, son.
NO ITS JUST THAT BEAT WAS ASS

thedvs01
07-25-2005, 07:10 PM
puff daddy has equal or MORE influence on the music business then Rza even...they're both Amazing producers hands down.
All I can say is fuck Puff Daddy.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
07-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Puff ain't really a producer, he just took credit for what his team did...

and listen to Immortal Technique's "Create and Destroy" I think that was what it was called, that's how the beat should sound (for Biggie's Long Kiss Goodnight)

Punch
07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
I find it hilarious when people hate on Puffy

07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I find it hilarious when people actually LIKE Puffy.....I thought ya'll died a LONG time ago?

adriatic
07-25-2005, 08:11 PM
No one called Jay-Z then cause he was a nobody now does that mean he didn't have skills or make good music then? Nope. Don't hate cause he made up for mad lost time and took the rap world by storm. He did it on his own too he didn't have Puff behind him like BIG or the media and critical hype of Nas. He came up on his own and strongarmed the game.

And you'd think fans of Wu could respect that because they did the same. Only difference is Wu fucked it all up and now they're the nobodies. Funny how life works isn't it?

07-25-2005, 08:23 PM
^wdf is this nigga talking about? you sound really stupid, you should stop talking

i'd like to know how you think they fucked it up? What artist do you see that was popular in 93 popular now?

it's more of the industry taking over and controlling all aspects of music, so no one can promote shit anymore

adriatic
07-25-2005, 08:28 PM
{:( fag

HONEYbakedSAM
07-25-2005, 11:05 PM
both great songs
SPeaking of life after death, i didnt like that album as much as ready to die. It seemed a lot softer and less grimey.

ill0gic
07-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Word, I'd take Ready to Die over Life After Death anyday.

Lesbian Nun
07-26-2005, 12:05 AM
^ it's common knowledge...

Ready to Die is basically untouchable

Wu-Disciple
07-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Sun_Tzu, Jay-z did reach out to Puffy. remember that silly ass video, my sunshine. he did wear the shiny suit. he did go on tour w/ badboy. he done go pop. he wasn't known until that Annie sample...wu-tang was known for who they were. Jay-z is hiphop's biggest flip flopper. it was a great business move, but w/out a doubt a sell out. he pimped premier's beats so they can say he's street.

one

07-26-2005, 10:49 AM
? why you say my name?

Wu-Disciple
07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
i meant to respond to adriatic's post. my mistake

PN_00
07-30-2005, 08:04 PM
yup, i loved Easy Mo Bee's tracks on Ready to Die....'Ready to Die', 'Machine Gun Funk', etc.... were great....the ones that Puff 'produced' or 'co-produced' or 'executive-produced' or whatever like 'big poppa' werent as good tho, tho they got biggie commercial appeal.........where's easy mo bee anyways???

anyways, is there a version of 'Long Kiss goodnight' without puff's annoying talking and screaming throughout the song? that just ruins the track for me

Punch
07-30-2005, 08:30 PM
don't sleep on Life After Death there are alot of grimey songs on there, if you get past all the BS. could have been a classic single disc CD

P3T3R BARK3R
07-30-2005, 08:36 PM
^^^
often a problem of double cds:
->too much filler and less killer

they should better keep shit tight (12-16 tracks)

C Beretta
07-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Exactly why didn't Ghost and Rae like Biggie? I know they thought he was a biter but was that it?

THE W
07-31-2005, 01:44 PM
wu-tang did it right with forever.

THE W
07-31-2005, 01:46 PM
No one called Jay-Z then cause he was a nobody now does that mean he didn't have skills or make good music then? Nope. Don't hate cause he made up for mad lost time and took the rap world by storm. He did it on his own too he didn't have Puff behind him like BIG or the media and critical hype of Nas. He came up on his own and strongarmed the game.

And you'd think fans of Wu could respect that because they did the same. Only difference is Wu fucked it all up and now they're the nobodies. Funny how life works isn't it?
that just proves jay is a better businessman. has nothing to do with MC skills.

PN_00
07-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Exactly why didn't Ghost and Rae like Biggie? I know they thought he was a biter but was that it?
i think because they felt that biggie bit nas's illmatic cover ...that's what the whole 'niggas niggas bit that nas shit' line in the 'shark niggas (biters) intro