PDA

View Full Version : how come everything on here is...

Vegan
04-13-2007, 12:29 AM
free?

and, how come there are so many producers on here making free beats? if an emcee uses your beat(s), records verses over them and then sells the album for profit, how do you get paid?

ClymaX
04-13-2007, 02:38 AM
heellll no.. i gatta get my cut and keep my fam eating.. I hate to ask cash from homies thou. Then i give em free.

pablobaluba
04-13-2007, 07:46 AM
it's a double edged sword :)...i (the producer) can as well sell the tracks (with the mc on it). for me...each puts 50% effort in a track. the producer and the mc. i never sold anything and i think i won't do that in the near future :)
and btw...if the mc is capable of selling those tracks...congrats to him. i'm happy more people will hear what i did. i have to mention...i might not want money...but i want credit all the way!!!
peace

100pr00f
04-13-2007, 08:28 AM
agree with p

yea i see peeps seeling thier tapes but
alot of the producers here do it for the love of the game
if the track is hot..u know some one is gonna look up the beat maker

also ..me
i put out free content
frrom the help of all the prodecers and mc's here on the site for the wu tang corp mixtape's

some peeps came to me and was like y dont u sell it

thats not what i want .. i want to get this tape every were i can
give peeps who cant buy a listen a tast

the tape is heard around the whole world

that whats so great about the net
here on wu corp ...every body got trust in most peeps here
its like a big family

Hellspawn
04-13-2007, 08:35 AM
^^true!

12weLvE
04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Personally, I just love Hip-hop and I love making beats...to me is preety much a hobbie...I honestly dont plan in making any money of this...thats why I am in college ;) PEACE!!

bloodyhookz
04-13-2007, 08:45 AM
word up, anybody were to jack my team's productions, I'll smash a whip through their mom's house and set her crib on fire, no jokes, we take it that serious, last dude who jacked a beat was rockin' a jaw wire, and if any out of towners jack a beat, I'll spend the money to fly out to your city and deal wit the case, word to every producer and artist out here, keep your shit tight, aight, PEACE!

FrenchShin
04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
"love what you do, and do what you love".

skope74
04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Yea dog i feel the same way i do sell music a bunch but i have alot that is just sittin and if you are a constant working artist you should have tons of tracks.So i display mines on real ass boards like this for feedback mostly aint no big deal to me.

LORD_BEATJITZU
04-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Its just a hobbie I picked up in the lobby!

Vegan
04-13-2007, 11:21 PM
cool i was just wondering. i suppose i didn't even think of the fact that the producer can also make a compilation album featuring the emcees that used his beats and sell that, too.

also, a lot of you just look at it as a hobby. i'm saying though, there is a lot of talent in the section and a lot of you dudes are making better beats than a lot of the lame producers established artists use on their albums.

WuGambino
04-14-2007, 11:03 AM
I've sometimes wondered that as well.

There are so many forums full of producers with half the talent of people here and theyre charging quite a lot for their beats.

Respect though for you all collaborating and doing this for the love of music. It's what a lot of the industry is missing right now.

CherChezLaMarauder
04-15-2007, 11:34 PM
lol fuck that shit. i'm getting paid. love the composing, but i love money too.

LORD ZERO
04-16-2007, 01:40 AM
it's a double edged sword :)...i (the producer) can as well sell the tracks (with the mc on it). for me...each puts 50% effort in a track. the producer and the mc. i never sold anything and i think i won't do that in the near future :)
and btw...if the mc is capable of selling those tracks...congrats to him. i'm happy more people will hear what i did. i have to mention...i might not want money...but i want credit all the way!!!
peace

word 2 dat pablo, sometimes just lettin cats know dat dat certain person did da beat for a sick track is just enough for me, as ppl can tell on here im one of the most passionate when it comes to production.......its a sweet uncurable disease for me lol