PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel this way?

Big Risk
04-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Ever since I was able to understand what family meant, I have missed my grandfather strongly, but I have never met him, he died before I was born. my initials are PPV III, i have the same full name as my father and grandfather. My whole life my father, aunt, uncle and grandmother told me a lot about him, how much he would have loved us. We visit his grave whenever we are in Miami, and when I visit I feel this strong wave of sadness, like I actually lived my life knowing him. I myself have BLACK hair, he had very dark red hair, he had a goatee and a short haircut, I have both and I look like my father and my father looks like him. Comparing our three different babies pictures is crazy, we EXACTLY the same. But something weird is this, my chin hair has a dark red in it, people think its died. I never like to shave my goatee because its the only really connection I have to him, besides the traits he passed down. Anyways, anyone ever feel like they miss one they never met?

Visionz
04-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah^my opa passed before me as well. The connection isn't as strong in that for real direct descendent type but more how much I love my Oma, she's real religous and has never remarried and maybe not even dated since. She's always tellin stories of how they loved dancing together, the way her face lights up you can tell it was some for real love between 'em. I know she gets lonely, its too bad they don't get to still dance, couldn't imagine how hard it must be, all them years she's comin up on around 90.

Urban_Journalz
04-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Me too yo. My Aunt Diane was murdered before I was born. Yet out of everyone in the family, my mother tells me that I'm the most like her. Same thing your people told you. I would've loved her to death she says. Plus, she had a serious love to read, which I have as well. She'd be a wise-ass with words too. Like instead of saying "Pharmacy" properly, she'd be like, "PAR_MACY" just cuz she could. Lookin' at her picture I get the same feeling of having known her because we have so much in common too. I even think she visited me a couple of times as well. It's good to feel that way though, because it's a sure sign of humanity. Just keep it under control that's all.

Mumm Ra
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
I miss Ol' Dirty Bastard

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
me 2 and neva met him...

Urban_Journalz
04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I played "Return To The 36 Chambers" as loud as I could when I found out he passed.