PDA

View Full Version : Ok. I have come up with statistics for good/bad tippers.

Big Risk
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
I am a pizza hut delievery driver when im not in college, and since i got there I learned alot about different cultures. I have made a chart of what % each culture gives as a tip.

White but country - they usually give 15% - 25% which is alot.

White rich but unhappy - 8 - 10 %

White rich and happy - 30% - 35%

Hispanic rich and under - 20% - 25%

Black upper class - 8 - 10%

black rich happy - 8 - 15%

Black rich and unhappy - 8 - 10%

Jews doesnt matter what type they are - 5% - 8%

Hindu doesnt matter either - 5% - 8%

Asian all give usually 10% - 15%

Muslims - 5 - 8%

and I have tip records to back all of this up. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH THE BAD TIPPERS? WHY THE FUCK YOU GONNA GIVE ME 2 DOLLAR TIP ON A 60.00$ ORDER?!?!?!? Is it a cultural thing or what?

T-Wisted
04-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Lol @ Pizza. Lets make pasta.

Prolifical ENG
04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Another factor you should put into the equation is how long it took for the pizza to arrive. If it always come at the same time then it might not matter however there might be some correlation with that too.

I guess some cultures are more intact with that ediquite of tipping than others. Some people don't look at the percentage but maybe just give an certain amount.

If you were a bartender things would be different of who you choose to sever first by getting a big early tip when people are in need of drinks. I don't know if tipping the pizza man will get your pizza with more toppings and faster delivery in the future....I don't remember the last time I got a pizza delivered to me.

Vegan
04-16-2007, 04:25 PM
nah, i used to deliver and black people, whether they were rich or not , they hardly EVER tipped (one rich black lady tipped well, though). even jamal tinsley, a former player for the indiana pacers did not tip at all. i used to HATE having to deliver to black people! jews tipped very little. i could tell they were jews by this stupid little thing that jews hang by their door, i'd see that and be like FUCK!! whites, poor or rich used to tip decent to well, to even very well (one guy would tip 50 bucks on a 50 dollar order). indian and arab people tipped horrible, like jews. fortunately, i delivered in a very affluent area but we did get some deliveries to apartments outside of the wealthy area, and some businesses, that was where the non-white deliveries came into play. oh, asian people tipped decent, like most white people. they seem to pretty much assimilate within the white way of life.

delivering was the shit! i made over 30k a year just working 30 hours per week (and that was a 2nd job on top of my day job). i have a bad temper at times so it only lasted 8 months, kept flipping out at dumb shit, one time even called back a customer and bitched them out for not tipping.

i tip very well when i go out to vegan restaurants. the host/hostess can expect at least a 15 dollar tip out of me!

the most i made in one 8 hour shift was 170.00 in tips/delivery charges. and that was on top of the 6.10 per hour they give you on an hourly basis.

my advice is, if you want to deliver, delivery in a wealthy, predominantly white area - it's a lot safer and you'll make more money!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
I tip 5 bucks for a delivery of Pizza...

When I'm out at a restuarant I'll tip 25% because thats how I roll!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-16-2007, 04:49 PM
One more thing...Pizza delivery drivers should not expect a tip..I do it out of courtesy.

They ain't doing anything but taking a pizza and deliverying it. They get paid to do so...as waiters and waitresses take your order deliver you food and interact with you during you dining time.

Kong
04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I fucking hated tipping for a long time, firstly you don't have to do it in England thats why I find it so fucked up, well you never used to anyway, but everywhere just after friends started in England you see tip jars everywhere and my friend is to embarrassed not to tip the pizza delivery man out of my fuckin money. Pisses me off how England is just a USA dick rider now.

Prolifical ENG
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Oh yeah, it also depends on your race. Maybe if you're white some of those customers aren't too fond of white people, but some don't care. Nevertheless when the non racist ones give 20% and the racist ones only give 5%, if will average out somewhere to 10% depending on the proportions.

Then you can conclude that some people are racist but not all.

P.S. I Got a statistics exam on Wednesday.

check two
04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I think it's messed up if you order a pizza, and you don't tip at all. Yeah, a pizza delivery person is different than a waiter/waitress. But the waiter/waitress also isn't using up a bunch of gas, and wear and tear on their car, during orders, like a pizza delivery guy. Do you know how much gas costs, especially in the last few years? And how much wear and tear it is on the delivery guy's car? Some places around here now have a mandatory tip on each order, cause of the high price of gas. Like your order might have a mandatory one dollar tip added to it. The pizza guy would make hardly anything at all, without tips.

EAGLE EYE
04-16-2007, 10:57 PM
A while back I was drunk and ended up tipping the dominoes dude like $10 bucks by accident when he was making change for me.

He deserves it though for all the times he's had to interact with my belligerent guests...

VallKano
04-17-2007, 12:51 AM
im mixed i give like 3 or 4 dollar tip on $10-15 order dont know what its supposed to be but fuck it thats what im givin

Vegan
04-17-2007, 01:40 AM
look, if you tip good at the restaurant, you should tip good when getting delivery. think about it, they are bringing food to your doorstep so your ass can sit up in the building and chill.

Vegan
04-17-2007, 01:45 AM
im mixed i give like 3 or 4 dollar tip on $10-15 order dont know what its supposed to be but fuck it thats what im givin

that's about average, and that's cool.

as long as a driver can average out getting 4 dollars per del, plus the dollar the pizza place gives them, they're good. look, if they take 15 dels and got the 4+1, they made $75 for the shift. plus the hourly wage. they'll prob have to pop 15 in the tank, so they net 60.

what will happen in a night usually is, you'll get some high tips, like in the 7 dollar range, some bad ones like for a dollar, and some average ones at 3 or 4. it usually all adds up in the end, unless you deliver in a bad area, then you're fucked.

Kong
04-17-2007, 06:18 AM
why should the customer have to give a shit about the delivery mans gas? thats up to them or there employer, its not our problem. people pay tax, shouldn't have to give people a better wage cos they are doing what they are meant to be doing - there job. have you seen what pizza places charge here to? its a rip off.

edit:
haha i just remembered when i was young on holiday in malta my mum gave me a tip to give the waiter, i went around to give it to him but then stopped and was like fuck that we don't know him and kept it.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-17-2007, 07:00 AM
For Real, Fuck A Tip

http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/MrPinkReservoirDogsLeavingTips.jpg

J.T.S.
04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Shit in my hood the delivery man doesn't get a tip he gets a shown a full clip, and then cats run his pockets!

Prolifical ENG
04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
For Real, Fuck A Tip

http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/MrPinkReservoirDogsLeavingTips.jpg

hahaha yeah that whole scene is hilarious .

WARPATH
04-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I worked at pizza hut for a good minute after high school. We rarely got tipped because we were just an order and pick up store. When we got tipped we had to split amongst each other:

$5.00 divided by 5 employees

I was raking in the dough, litterally! We exchanged pizza for goods and services. We were the weed man's favorite place to eat because Pizza's would mysteriously float out the window. The police would trade us their confiscated beer for pizza too.(Alcohol is illegal hear) That's how I got my tips.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-17-2007, 09:25 PM
I've worked as a waiter in my younger years they deserve tips...If ya'll delivery guy's survive off tips go get another job...like a waiter or bartender they make good tips...shit I used to get $250-400 on slow thursday nights a weekend would easily pocket 700 dollars in tips

Big Risk
04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
a good week with tips is 300. good pay check after two weeks 250.
so like 850 every two weeks and im in college. thats not that bad, I can see working in a high class resturant would pull some shit in. I could be a waiter at the cheesecake factory at North Point, Ga cause my ma is the GM at a different one ( Perimeter mall GA), but I like this cause its less stress and something to hold me over till i get my career started with my major.

And to the guy talking about the jewish thing on the door, I say the same shit LOL. im like "FUCK ITS A JEW, MOTHA FUCKER WONT GIVE ME SHIT" then he doesnt, then I get into my car and I act a fuckin conversation out "Oh you wanna give me two dollars huh mutha fucka? Fuck your two dollars bitch, I dont wont ya money" Then i throw that shit in they faces and watch that shit fall slow to the ground, fuck what cha think. Boink his jewish ass right there nah mean?

Then this fuckin hindu shit, listen to this shit. I pull up to this dudes spot, im atlest 10 minutes early aight? Shits far away too. I hand him his fuckin wings and pizza, then hes like :"Do you hab any red peppeers?" and im like "Yes sir I do" (Cause i already knew the dude wanted it cause his name was indian on the recite. So before i walk out the fuckin door i was like "I better grab the motha fuckin red peppers so atleast I get more than two dollars") And I hand it to him, and he says "Let me get tha money" "Okay sir" he goes off and comes back like 35 seconds later. Hes like 15 feet from me and i hear a woman call out "Did you get a tip for him?" and he say quietly "Yes, Im giving him one dollar" and she says "oh thats nice" and he hands it to me and I walk off pissed.

Its like these people want me to hate their asses. cmon now this is America! somethings are just done differently, alot of negative and some positive, but this is definitely a good tradition that is commonly carried on here. I aint no fuckin uncle sam though dont get it twisted.

Big Risk
04-18-2007, 01:08 AM

I'd leave thinkin "Thats a nice ass dude right there" And I wouldnt have to spark a cig nah sayin

Thats a good ass tip for that price.

But Im talkin, no matter what the order is even if its 100$, Hindus will only give 2, jews no more than 4

Bloo
04-18-2007, 02:03 AM
One more thing...Pizza delivery drivers should not expect a tip..I do it out of courtesy.

They ain't doing anything but taking a pizza and deliverying it. They get paid to do so...as waiters and waitresses take your order deliver you food and interact with you during you dining time.

I'm feelin Ben on this one. Not to mention I've noticed some of the pizza parlors nowadays chargin this delivery fee shit. I still tip a bit on top of it but the way I see it if I gotta pay a delivery fee then you should get your tip outta that.

Big Risk
04-18-2007, 09:15 AM
check this, the delivery fee is 1.25 at Pizza hut, I get 77 cents from that.

Edgar Erebus
04-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I think it's fucked up enough you live off tips. You should have wage that's enough for living.

But then I remember you are in USA.

Vegan
04-19-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm feelin Ben on this one. Not to mention I've noticed some of the pizza parlors nowadays chargin this delivery fee shit. I still tip a bit on top of it but the way I see it if I gotta pay a delivery fee then you should get your tip outta that.

i used to get $1.00 out of the $1.50 charge.

if all delivery drivers got was that dollar, there wouldn't be anyone willing to deliver, thus, you wouldn't have the convenience of ordering a delivery.

don't be cheap! tip!!

check two
04-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I think it's fucked up enough you live off tips. You should have wage that's enough for living.

But then I remember you are in USA.

:looking:

Longbongcilvaringz
04-20-2007, 01:50 AM
ok its true that in america that waiters survive on tips, but tipping just supports a fucked up system. the employee shouldnt have to survive off tips, there employer should pay them a sufficient wage

cap
04-20-2007, 09:13 AM
yo big risk,
be glad you work in the states,cus over here in europe we dont give tips.
thats a strictly U.S. thing to feel forced to tip a person.

Kong
04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
yo big risk,
be glad you work in the states,cus over here in europe we dont give tips.
thats a strictly U.S. thing to feel forced to tip a person.

Check England out.

Big Risk
04-20-2007, 09:19 AM
i understand that completely. I'm not going to go to Europe to live and be stuck on my American ways, it doesn't work like that. I understand Nationalism but like i said, when you move to a new country, you have to follow some of its traditions. I aint gonna go to Amsterdam if I hate drugs so dont come to America if you dont tip. Although it is your right as a citizen. I never said you had to tip homie, its just BS when majority of the people understand it sep for jews/hindus.

hows Italia, Ive never been there.

Black Man
04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
I tip according to service. Good service good tip. Bad service low to no tip. A tip will also depend on the type of service. Deliveries get treated different from being inside the restaurant. I don't base my tips on the standard tip percentages....sometimes them people don't deserve shit!!! and sometimes they deserve way more than the standard.

cap
04-20-2007, 10:36 AM
hows Italia, Ive never been there.

beautiful off course
but i'm born and raised in belgium,and IT SUX!!

Prolifical ENG
04-20-2007, 04:01 PM
how about washroom attendents at clubs and restauraunts? All they do is turn on the tap for you (sometimes) and rip off a piece of paper towel for you...lol. Maybe If I needed some hair jel or spray of cologne...maybe for saving me.

CITY ZEEKER
04-20-2007, 08:23 PM
honestly i still get the concept of tipping, like the dood in the first page sed its out of courtesy ITS NOT MANDITORY, shit is crazy these days i go to a jamba juice, starbuks, and subway and i see a tip jar, an i ask myself YO THIS IS UR JOB, WHY THE HELL SHOULD I TIP U FOR DOING UR JOB?, IF U WORK AT A JOB THT MOST PEOPLE GIVE TIPS, BE THANKFUL OF WAT THEY GIVE U, SOME TIMES U A PERSON WONT GET SHIT CAUSE UR DOING UR JOB... DONT MAKE A STUPID CHART THT SHOWS A RACE/ETHNICITY IS CHEAP.

AcidPhosphate69
04-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I'll tip if the person was cool or the food was good. Like when I eat at sub shops and shit, if the food is good. I'll go back up to the counter and tip cuz that's my way of saying, "bomb ass food motherfucker"

Big Risk
04-21-2007, 12:41 AM
honestly i still get the concept of tipping, like the dood in the first page sed its out of courtesy ITS NOT MANDITORY, shit is crazy these days i go to a jamba juice, starbuks, and subway and i see a tip jar, an i ask myself YO THIS IS UR JOB, WHY THE HELL SHOULD I TIP U FOR DOING UR JOB?, IF U WORK AT A JOB THT MOST PEOPLE GIVE TIPS, BE THANKFUL OF WAT THEY GIVE U, SOME TIMES U A PERSON WONT GET SHIT CAUSE UR DOING UR JOB... DONT MAKE A STUPID CHART THT SHOWS A RACE/ETHNICITY IS CHEAP.

Thats completely different, those fags are getting paid more than 5.15 an hour. Its not a stupid chart, its reality. My job is to deliver the food to you, yes, but the customer can come get pickup if they dont want to pay a tip. What, you think gas is free? You think Id waste my fuckin time working 5.15 an hour and using MY own money to fuckin pay for gas? If tips werent given, ya'll would have to drive there. Youre right, its not MANDATORY, no one forces you. But no one is forcing someone to be an inconsiderate prick either and leaving the fuckin driver with no reward for driving their fucking food 8 miles. You can't cope with my ideas because you have have never done this type of job. Check the other cat in the thread, he can relate because he knows what its like. I put like 3 k miles on my car in a matter of like 4 months, its my job to pay everything out of my pocket so you can get your food handed to you like a fuckin king? Fuck that.

Big Risk
04-21-2007, 12:44 AM
how about washroom attendents at clubs and restauraunts? All they do is turn on the tap for you (sometimes) and rip off a piece of paper towel for you...lol. Maybe If I needed some hair jel or spray of cologne...maybe for saving me.

Lol, who the fuck needs that shit? Id be like , dont do it for me cause i aint tippin. But if you are like, yeah, do this, do that, and make sure its like this, then youd have to tip him. But if you want to avoid tippin all together, do the shit yourself. I risk my life in storms trying to deliver pizza, that isnt worthy of a tip? I gotta sit in traffic and apologize to you if its a minute late but if they didnt want late food, GO PICK IT UP YOURSELF.

Big Risk
04-21-2007, 12:47 AM
I tip according to service. Good service good tip. Bad service low to no tip. A tip will also depend on the type of service. Deliveries get treated different from being inside the restaurant. I don't base my tips on the standard tip percentages....sometimes them people don't deserve shit!!! and sometimes they deserve way more than the standard.

Thats what Im talkin about. If more peeps were like you when it comes to this shit, Id be pullin in 100s a day. Im a great employee, I talk to customers with respect and kindness. I apologize more than I should when its late and even call ahead of time offering a free 2 liter of spite. But people could care a less how nice i am, they are users in most situations.

check two
04-21-2007, 01:54 AM
We don't have any washroom attendents at places I've been at, around my way. lol Is it pretty common there to have them?

Prolifical ENG
04-21-2007, 08:18 AM
We don't have any washroom attendents at places I've been at, around my way. lol Is it pretty common there to have them?

Most popular nightclubs have them....it helps with the lineups of drunk people.

Fancy restaurants have them too...thats about it.

Captain_Cumstain
04-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I am a pizza hut delievery driver when im not in college, and since i got there I learned alot about different cultures. I have made a chart of what % each culture gives as a tip.

Muslims - 5 - 8%

and I have tip records to back all of this up. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH THE BAD TIPPERS? WHY THE FUCK YOU GONNA GIVE ME 2 DOLLAR TIP ON A 60.00$ ORDER?!?!?!? Is it a cultural thing or what?

1. How would you know whether they are happy/unhappy?

2. How would you know whether they are 'rich'? Did you rifle through their garbage looking for bank statements?

3. Why should you deserve a bigger tip on a more expensive order.. you didn't have to drive the bike any further.

Captain_Cumstain
04-21-2007, 11:28 AM
4. Where are the statistics? All i see are a bunch of ill-informed generalisations based on guesswork and poorly masked prejudice.

Big Risk
04-22-2007, 01:46 AM
1. How would you know whether they are happy/unhappy?

2. How would you know whether they are 'rich'? Did you rifle through their garbage looking for bank statements?

3. Why should you deserve a bigger tip on a more expensive order.. you didn't have to drive the bike any further.

1. I deal with alot of people everyday, I see atleast 20 different faces everytime I work which is like 100 different people a week. When a man is in his front yard with his kids laughing and gives me like a 8 dollar tip and I say "Sir you gave me too much" and he just looks at me and says "Thank you!!!" and I dip. But when I go to a fatass white woman alone at a house ording a large pizza and out of hated for God and herself, she gives me a shitty tip. Fuck that! Its REALLY easy to tell if someone is happy or not.

2. I deliver to neighborhoods that have guards at the front with a gate, no you cant type in a code, there is 24/7 security on deck with toyata trucks with sirens on top. Their houses are 3 stories high. How much more obvious can it be??

3. Why? Because I gotta wait on 5 pizzas (meaning i lose time to get other deliveries), cut em, make wings, flavor them, load it up in my car, then make two trips to the door, wait while they take two pizzas at a time to the kitchen, then I gotta deal with their fuckin kids screaming "PIZZA!!!! THE PIZZA MAN IS HERE!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!", then shes like how much is it? "27.44 ma'am" "Oh ok, heres 28.00 and heres your tip." "Thankyou and have a great night". Sep.... its a one dollar bill in my hand. Fuck that! Muh fucka i get paid minimum wage, anything extra is on yo ass and its all under the table. Capiche?!

Big Risk
04-22-2007, 01:53 AM
4. Where are the statistics? All i see are a bunch of ill-informed generalisations based on guesswork and poorly masked prejudice.

None of this is b.s, I guess to believe me youd have to deliver food. None of this is guesswork! all of these percents come from my delivery routes, all hindus/jews/muslims I have ever delivered has given me no more than 2 dollars, even ones far away. Nothing prejudice about it. The truth aint pretty. Yo if i lived in a country that believed tipping was bs, i wouldnt tip son!

Big Risk
04-22-2007, 01:54 AM
And why the fuck am I even talkin to a dude named Captain Cumstain. How fuckin serious should I take you??

Captain_Cumstain
04-22-2007, 02:41 PM
thank you for clarifying the above points for me. I do however think that '5-8%' cannot be called a 'statistic'. it can only be called an 'approximation'. if you want to claim statistics, post something concrete, like an average worked out from your reports.

You can choose to not take me seriously on account of my name if you like, won't make any difference to the value of the posts which i shall occasionally make on this forum.

Captain_Cumstain
04-22-2007, 03:13 PM
And why the fuck am I even talkin to a dude named Captain Cumstain. How fuckin serious should I take you??

how serious should i take you with a macho, self appreciating moniker like 'Big Risk The Realest'?

theafghan
04-22-2007, 06:19 PM

Muslims - 5 - 8%

racist