PDA

View Full Version : 12 million barrels of oil in a year are used to produce plastic bags?

netscape check two
04-16-2007, 10:55 PM
I was reading about how much oil it takes to produce all those crappy plastic bags that people use once, and throw away, like at grocery stores. Each year in the US, Americans throw out more than 100 billion plastic shopping bags. In return, it causes a lot of pollution and ends up killing millions of birds, fish, and over 100,000 sea turtles.

I was glad to see that some European countries are doing something about it, such as Ireland. Their government introduced a 15 cent per bag 'tax'. Since 2002, their country has reduced it's plastic bag use by 95 percent.

Some stores in the US are now starting a plastic bag tax, such as Ikea. Though, I think a lot more needs to be done.

maestro wooz
04-16-2007, 10:58 PM
email your senator man, ill sign the petition

zeppelin2k
04-17-2007, 12:07 AM
paper bag= tree's dying

hemp bags= best choice ;)

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
how many of your favorite prouducts come in plastic? now thats some good tastey wholeness right there!
all your household chemicals come from petroluem too!

its a con man there trying to kill us

not to mention gasoline and its side effects knowing damn well there are aplethora of alternatives.
i just watched this news program where this guy made an engine that the by-product was water! an engine that spits out water. but those bmw payments got to be made...........

Do you think there is an agenda to kill us all; if so by who? Im not saying youre wrong but I think it is more short-sighted greed that causes this. It is true that all the energy we need is avaiable naturally; the US will not allow patents of alternative energy sources cause it would pose to a high a threat to oil profits

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
yeah thats a possibility but I guess that it dosent matter what they are. What matters is that the most wealthy men of the world must be eliminated for us to have a future. The entire system we live under is corrupted and flawed we must take away the power that is failing us in order to save the planet. The way we are headed we are doomed

zeppelin2k
04-17-2007, 03:42 PM
the things is
its so easy to topple them, but so many people are so blind that its been made into something much harder than it has to be

if everyone just said fuck it one day
and stopped following all the bullshit, and walked up to the banks, and told them to evenly distribute everything otherwise they would raise hell, no one could really do anything to stop it

but everyone is so indoctrined that they are happy to be getting paid 1$ more than minimum wage, and happy they get 1 week off for xmas

its all a load of fucking bs, and most people dont even realize it

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
the things is
its so easy to topple them, but so many people are so blind that its been made into something much harder than it has to be

if everyone just said fuck it one day
and stopped following all the bullshit, and walked up to the banks, and told them to evenly distribute everything otherwise they would raise hell, no one could really do anything to stop it

but everyone is so indoctrined that they are happy to be getting paid 1$ more than minimum wage, and happy they get 1 week off for xmas

its all a load of fucking bs, and most people dont even realize it

Maybe but dont you think those bastards would nuke the planet before they relinquished power? Maybe the best approach is a quiet inside job, if the majority of the wealthiest corporate heads were all taken out we wouldnt have that resistence

rubyspirit
04-17-2007, 07:49 PM
I recycle my bags ... plastic bottles, and newsprint.

In America, Aldi Grocery Stores charges for grocery (paper & plastic) bags.