PDA

View Full Version : do you think only people who post music should post comments in here?

Vegan
04-17-2007, 02:56 AM
do you?

i would think that you all would want feedback from the rest of the forum, like the cats that post in general chat on the wu forums but don't make music. those dudes largely seem to ignore this section and it ends up being a place where just a small number of people that post music end up commenting on everyone's tracks. i'm one of the exceptions, i like to browse through here and listen to you cats and leave feedback, and make threads, etc.

my question is, what would you rather have? more people come in here and listen to your shit and post (even if they choose not to make music themselves), or just the same cats here that make music?

it's a forum, people are meant to post on forums. if you put your shit out here, you should expect members of the entire forum to participate in the discussions. not everyone chooses to make music as their hobby and that in no way should disqualify their viewpoints if they choose to post them, IMO.

LORD ZERO
04-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Shit Id Love To Have More Cats Comment On My Bangaz Than Just The Artist, The More Opinions, The Better If Ya Ask Me

Nice Subject Right Here

Hellspawn
04-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Yeah fo sho, people from all the forum should comment in here but they don't. I think every artsit on this section wants to have more feedback coz we all make music lookin for recognition, so the more opinions we have the better it is.

peace

Vegan
04-17-2007, 04:56 AM
see, I hear y'all. my boy was telling me someone was whining about me posting shit in here since i don't make music. i wanted to see what everyone else thought since i think dude is wrong to feel like that. but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. it'll be interesting to see how many people [if any at all] in here agree with his viewpoint.

yeah, it's weird that cats from the other sections don't check this section out. i mean, they are supposedly fans or wu-tang and good hip-hop in general. why not take a stroll through the basement where most cats are still formulating bio-chemical hip-hop equations and staying true to the artform? i also don't understand how come established artists that may check out wu-corp from time to time don't come down here and try and get some bangin' beats from you cats. do they think they are above all of that because they got put on? seriously, listen to some of the beats they use on their albums and then compare those to the beats made down here.

Hellspawn
04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
The one who was whining about you posting shit here (even i dont know who he is) is a faggot, we try to create a buzz about our works and some stupid ones destroy everything we did by asking heads not to post on the audio section...lame!

CID DIGITAL
04-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Obviously everybody should come thru frequently and participate in the audio section. But.....they dont. They wont. Ya'll put out a fuckin mixtape and half the board doesnt even know and the half that do only have half that have actually D/L'd it and took a listen.

Mostly (from what I have seen in two years here) , there are these small cliques in the audio section and they comment within each other and not too much outside of each other.

Right there , thats off. Aint much gonna progress past that. You dont have artist welcoming new artist too much in here either. When a new cat comes thru , it might be me and two other cats(maybe just me) listening to their shit and giving an honest opinion.

I cracked up the other day cuz Sunny Black came thru for one day to post but it pertained to gettin on somebody's track(possibly). That cat couldnt get enough ppl to hear his shit cu this place doesnt work how you would think.

I seen the lil help thread in here that got bumped yesterday too and thats nice an all but .....I got two spots that I go to when the shit is real and you wanna see a whole community go about things like how ya'll are sayin that the rest of the forum should take part in here. These two other sites that I go to , I know I can rely on honest feedback for one , and two - there are better topics about real equipment or situations and all that. REAL CATS. just trying to do they thing.

I think the problem here is that this is a Wu - TAng Site. PEace to tha Gods and all but still I'm sayin......I know I aint no groupie mf like that. But I see some shit here that be makin me laugh on the regular if you feel me.

Word up though and PEACE to all the cats that I do get down with here.

YA"LL know who you are on both sides.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
very good thread

12weLvE
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I think that this forum is really slept on...and in my opinion it is real sad because there are some real talented people on here that would like some feedback, just to make them feel that process of making the music was worth while.

IronFingaz7
04-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I post in a lot of places and me and my group receive like 30 or more responses. I come in here and post and barely get 5 and its always the usual suspects which I respect and love, but sometimes I wish others would respond, but its whatever.

P.E.A.C.E.

Hellspawn
04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I think that this forum is really slept on...and in my opinion it is real sad because there are some real talented people on here that would like some feedback, just to make them feel that process of making the music was worth while.

^^true, that forum needs more feedback.

I gotta confess that personnaly I vote for those who vote for me (whether their like or not what I did), also for the new ones that come to the board. Sometimes I check a couple of tracks and if I dont like I dont post feedback, maybe if the track lacks something or I feel the potential of it (I know it's subjective but taste and music are subjectives) I post and make my critics.
Theres more chance for me to vote if the tracks are posted on soundclick coz the tracks posted on myspace take alot of time to stream for me (even I have a regular connection).

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
04-17-2007, 04:59 PM
the artist forum is mad slept on yo ......

LORD ZERO
04-17-2007, 05:30 PM
yes it is, damn shame too

CID DIGITAL
04-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm bout to leave here cuz of it. This is the last section that I even care about but......

its gettin old.

Complex
04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
i been stressin this for a minute..

i havent been as active on tha site as usual, but it does seem like theres alot of talent gettin slept on in here.. feedback/advice even criticsm is good for an artist to grow and advance they sound.. real recognize real tho

LORD_BEATJITZU
04-17-2007, 11:53 PM
yo theres mad talent on here!It would be cool to get more feedback but i dont really stress on that thou.Also I know sometimes I dont give feedback as much as I should but life gets hectic!So 2 all the artist in here LORD BEATJITZU sais keep doin ya thing cuz you all SHINE!!
peace

EAGLE EYE
04-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I try to check this section of the site a couple times a week. I like a lot of the stuff I come across. Especially recently...

Vegan
04-18-2007, 04:30 AM
i don't check out everything, i'm guilty of that. i work an awful lot and my time is limited. i randomly come in here and check shit out. like right now i am going to dl that tzu and zero album they posted today.

CID DIGITAL
04-18-2007, 11:17 AM
i don't check out everything, i'm guilty of that. like right now i am going to dl that tzu and zero album they posted today.

Fuckin WWI .......*shakes fist at the sky*

LORD ZERO
04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Fuckin WWI .......*shakes fist at the sky*

-DEAD-

Pharaoh Snefru
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
this forum is filled wit talent, dickriders, dickjerkers, lames, and idiots!
a forum you can learn alot from tho... ive moved on from it, get you nowere. All it iz, is the next man tryin to outshine you. Now if we had 300 listeiners vs 30 cats that make music this shit would be live, not the other way around. Wu corp is funny to me with it's ways and actions. You might drop a track one day and shit could be gone the next. WTF

I see who shows luv and doesn't, it's the other side I don't fuck wit.

how long will this all last?

MUMRA

INF
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Its cause ppl have lost the love. The love , my brotha. The love......