PDA

View Full Version : Cypher, Ciphers, Circles, or Cycles

WARPATH
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
The thread to build understanding of one another's, Culture, religions, or everyday walk of life- drawing paralelles with your own thoughts. There will be no passing judgements in this thread. If you can't draw a parrelle with things being siad in here, or contribute alternitive point of views, then just stay out.

Coming for a scientific, religious, 5%, or athiest point of view. It doesn't matter. Just try and build off of the concepts people present. The idea of the thread is to understand the coding of other people and how it realtes to yourself. It doesn't matter if you disagree with someone, as long as you come to a conclusion of why disagree. Nobody is wrong in this thread.

I'll start it off by copying and pasting some info from wikipedia. The online source of other people's bullshit.

Cypher character in the movie Matrix:

One of Cypher's most famous quotes from the movie is "Ignorance is bliss", which he utters while speaking with Agent Smith, referring to the state of people inside the Matrix.

Ciphers
In cryptography (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography), a cipher (or cypher) is an algorithm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithm) for performing encryption and decryption (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decryption) a series of well-defined steps that can be followed as a procedure. An alternative term is encipherment. In most cases, that procedure is varied depending on a key (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_%28cryptography%29) which changes the detailed operation of the algorithm. In non-technical usage, a "cipher" is the same thing as a "code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_%28cryptography%29)"; however, the concepts are distinct in cryptography. In classical cryptography (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_cryptography), ciphers were distinguished from codes. Codes operated by substituting according to a large codebook (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codebook) which linked a random string of characters or numbers to a word or phrase. For example, UQJHSE could be the code for "Proceed to the following coordinates".

The original information is known as plaintext (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaintext), and the encrypted form as ciphertext. The ciphertext message contains all the information of the plaintext message, but is not in a format readable by a human or computer without the proper mechanism to decrypt it; it should resemble random gibberish to those not intended to read it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cipher

Just some stuff to get you thinking about the direction this thread is headed.

Ok i'll set it off by making true false statements. Reply however you want but, remember:

it's okay to present ideas, even if their not your own original idea, but just try and reach an understaning of why you feel the way you do. Then tell us why so we can have an understanding. The phase to keep in your mind for this thread is "anything is possible"

Things written by men are influenced by langauge culture and mood.

True or False?

Religions that people adhere to are orinally designed to provive people with peace and spiritual growth.

True or False?

There is not one correct religion, or way of life, to find peace with God(or with yourself).

True or False?

Free Will is an illusion.

True or False?

People that think in different laungauges, understand their enviroment differently.

True or False?

Fat people are dumber then skinny people.

True or False?

Women are smarter than men.

True or False?

Time is a measure of how many times the earch circles the sun.

True or False?

God created the entire human race from two orignal beings.

True or False?

Gay people are mentally sick.

True or False?

Your skin color determines the nature of your character.

True or False?

There are strict codes that you must follow when you pray, meditate, or reflect on life.

True or False?

The Devil is a being that corrupts behind a curtain.

True or False?

Computers will never achieve complete human intelligence.

True or False?

Prophets found in sacred scriptures, or the only true prophets to be recorded in history.

True or False

Man was built in the Image of God.

True or False

God is of Flesh and Blood.

True or False

Aliens exist.

True or False

Man evloved from animals near the equator.

True or False

Africa is the "cradle of life."

True or False

Weather is controlled by God.

True or False

7 is number with profound mathematical influence in our world.

True or False

People are not designed to eat meat.

True or False

Re-incarnation is a fantasy created by people.

True or False

Earth is a paradise.

True or False

Heaven is another world no found on earth.

True or False

Hell is place where people are punished for their sins when they die.

True or False

Hell and Heaven on found on earth.

True or False

God hates fags.

True or False

People often, don't think for themselves.

God kills.

True or false

The earth works in cycles.

True or False

Advanced civilaztions with awesome technology once populated this planet, but were destroyed.

True or False

The bible/koran was inspired by God.

True or False

God wrote the bible/koran.

True or False

People will never be at peace as long as they practice the wrong religions.

True or False

Asians are the primary ancestors of the Native Americans

True or False

Animals can not think like humans.

True or False

You don't nessicarlly have to answer all questions, or even answer with true or false, but just present your ideas on the topics. you don't nessicary have to answer these questions either......

WARPATH
04-17-2007, 06:51 PM
More things to ponder:

There is not one God, but many Gods.

True or False?

God inlists the help of subordinates to his bidding?

Ture or False?

Weather is controlled by the action of man on his enviroment.

True or False?

God alone controls weather.

True or False.

Science is the explanation on weather patterns.

True or False.

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
04-17-2007, 07:14 PM
true or false: the world is bad/ sick/ introuble; and it can get better.

Ultimate Fist
04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
"True or False?

Religions that people adhere to are orinally designed to provive people with peace and spiritual growth."

Depends on the religion. Judaism and Hinduism seem to me to have just been tribal religions meant to keep the social order in line- they became something more spiritual later on. Buddhism, Christianity and maybe Islam (I have a lot of contradicting opinions of early Islam) were probably created for the purpose of spiritual growth and peace for the following reasons:

1. They are all universalistic and egalitarian.
2. They all contain some form of contemplation (Saint's prayers, dhikr, meditation)
3. They all place morals before tribal identity.

"True or False?

There is not one correct religion, or way of life, to find peace with God(or with yourself)."

I am reminded of a diagram used by the mystics of the Eastern Orthodox Church to explain their views on religion. There is a circle with two lines, one going up and one coming from the side. There is a circle within the circle where they both meet. The outer circle represents organized religion- the two lines are seperate there and no where near each other. In the inner circle however the two lines meet, representing that beyond organization and dogma, all religions have the same essence/goal/purpose at their center.

"True or False?

There are strict codes that you must follow when you pray, meditate, or reflect on life."

A strict code can be helpful because it makes you focus on what you are doing, but no, I dont think its required.

"True or False?

The Devil is a being that corrupts behind a curtain."

I don't believe in a Devil. From my conversations with Orthodox Jews, it is my understanding that the Devil represents temptation and is not a literal being. Read the Devil's appearances in the Old Testament- it makes sense. So when people tell me they blame the Devil for their problems, as far as I'm concerned, they are unknowingly admitting its their own fault. Pay attention when people say the Devil made them do something- most of the time they made themselves do it.

"True or False

Archaeology would seem to show that- the earliest human skeltons are in Ethiopia.

"True or False

7 is number with profound mathematical influence in our world."

Yes. 7 days in Judeo-Christianity and 7 chakras in Hinduism. Don't ask me why. Its weird. Also check out the number 40. Jesus goes into the desert for 40 days. Noah is in the ark 40 days. Yogis practice their set for 40 days to begin Kundalini.

"True or False

Earth is a paradise."

"Whosoever does not say the world was created for his pleasure, God will curse him"
- Babylonian Talmud

"True or False

People often, don't think for themselves."

True TRUE TRUE!

"There is not one God, but many Gods.

True or False?"

I say with absolute sincerity I'll believe it when I see it. In all the holy books people know their deities by direct contact. Why not now? I don't buy this "age of prophecy is over" crap. If there is a God or gods, I should be able to find it. And maybe I will- I practice mysticism and every once and a while weird stuff happens.

"True or False?

God inlists the help of subordinates to his bidding?"

I doubt it. Why would an almighty Deity recruit humans to do His work for Him?

maestro wooz
04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
the only truth in this world is math. 2 + 2 will always equal 4

maestro wooz
04-17-2007, 10:44 PM
People that think in different laungauges, understand their enviroment differently.

True or False?

false, they describe their environment with different words that aren't always translatable, but all understand it the same.

Language is also culture, which often will cause an inherent difference. But speaking on theoretically language alone....

WARPATH
04-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Great responses Ultimate Fist. Let me try and build off of what you built here.

Religions that people adhere to are orinally designed to provive people with peace and spiritual growth.

Depends on the religion. Judaism and Hinduism seem to me to have just been tribal religions meant to keep the social order in line- they became something more spiritual later on. Buddhism, Christianity and maybe Islam (I have a lot of contradicting opinions of early Islam) were probably created for the purpose of spiritual growth and peace for the following reasons:

1. They are all universalistic and egalitarian.
2. They all contain some form of contemplation (Saint's prayers, dhikr, meditation)
3. They all place morals before tribal identity.

Coming from a tribal relgion myself, I think alot of times tribal religions are misunderstood. A lot of it boils down to terminology, differences in cultures and language. Then I think a misunderstanding comes from not gathering enough data from various sources from a certain religion to get alternitive points of view on the same subject.

With that being siad. All religions that teach peace is good for spiritual growth, as long as people stick to the core teaching that is peace. Wether it's inspired by gods or man, or man gods.

"True or False?

There is not one correct religion, or way of life, to find peace with God(or with yourself)."

I am reminded of a diagram used by the mystics of the Eastern Orthodox Church to explain their views on religion. There is a circle with two lines, one going up and one coming from the side. There is a circle within the circle where they both meet. The outer circle represents organized religion- the two lines are seperate there and no where near each other. In the inner circle however the two lines meet, representing that beyond organization and dogma, all religions have the same essence/goal/purpose at their center.

And this also reminds me of the native American medicine wheel, which is:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/Charging_Soldier/lapel-hat-pin-medicine-wheel.jpg

The teaching is, each line to the center is a path for spiritual Growth or to find God. Wether it's through church,scriptures, or other ways of prayer, it's important to find your path.

True or False

Archaeology would seem to show that- the earliest human skeltons are in Ethiopia.

I think current scientific data supports this therory. But I haven't ruled out the possiblity of human life starting elsewhere. Maybe, in the future older skeltons will be found in other places. Perhaps older skeltons will ever be found because the oldest could have already been derstryoed.

"True or False

7 is number with profound mathematical influence in our world."

Yes. 7 days in Judeo-Christianity and 7 chakras in Hinduism. Don't ask me why. Its weird. Also check out the number 40. Jesus goes into the desert for 40 days. Noah is in the ark 40 days. Yogis practice their set for 40 days to begin Kundalini.

I think the nuber 7 is signifigant also, it's found in a lot of different cultures for various reasons.

Earth is a paradise."

I think earth could be a paradise, not for simple reasons of pleasure, but just a peacful place to live.

"There is not one God, but many Gods.

True or False?"

I say with absolute sincerity I'll believe it when I see it. In all the holy books people know their deities by direct contact. Why not now? I don't buy this "age of prophecy is over" crap. If there is a God or gods, I should be able to find it. And maybe I will- I practice mysticism and every once and a while weird stuff happens.

Personally, I don't think there are many Gods. But that's just my belief. I agree with your idea that the age of prophecy is not over. Which leads me to the next statement............

"True or False?

God inlists the help of subordinates to do his bidding?"

I doubt it. Why would an almighty Deity recruit humans to do His work for Him?

I think that if God contacted us diretcly, it would hamper us to continue are spritual growth in search of God.

WARPATH
04-18-2007, 02:45 PM

I think mathematics applied to religion is like this:

n + 2 = 4?

n = 2

n + 1= 4?

n = 3

n2= 4?

n=2

2 + n= 4

n= 2

100-n = 4

n= 96

(n-882)2= 4

n= 880

we're always trying to blance out an equation that is our lives(in this analogy we're using 4 as our point of balance), but we fuck it up by claiming to have the only answer that comes to the same solution.

if I apply my solution to your problem, it may or may not come out right.

n + 2 = 4

880 + 2= 4 (false)

I've made a false statement by applying someone else's solution that doesn't fit into my equation. I think that's why people always start arguing on KTL, or even around the world.

SID
04-18-2007, 03:05 PM
are you native indian soldier?

Visionz
04-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I think mathematics applied to religion is like this:

n + 2 = 4?

n = 2

n + 1= 4?

n = 3

n2= 4?

n=2

2 + n= 4

n= 2

100-n = 4

n= 96

(n-882)2= 4

n= 880

we're always trying to blance out an equation that is our lives(in this analogy we're using 4 as our point of balance), but we fuck it up by claiming to have the only answer that comes to the same solution.

if I apply my solution to your problem, it may or may not come out right.

n + 2 = 4

880 + 2= 4 (false)

I've made a false statement by applying someone else's solution that doesn't fit into my equation. I think that's why people always start arguing on KTL, or even around the world.alot of knowledge in this post right here. I believe in the One Creator, Lord Supreme. But a limitation to ways to know God? as long as the end results are the same then there shouldn't be an issue

WARPATH
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM
are you native indian soldier?

Oglala Lakota of the Tetons or

also known as Sioux Indians.

Alcryt
04-23-2007, 04:58 AM

In programming 2+2 = 22

Alcryt
04-23-2007, 05:16 AM
There is not one correct religion, or way of life, to find peace with God(or with yourself).
True, i think everyone should have their own views and ideas.

Fat people are dumber then skinny people.
False, if your meaning skinny as in underweight.

Women are smarter than men.
False, most great minds i know are men though i may be uninformed.
I would think both have the ability to be equally smart.

God created the entire human race from two orignal beings.
False, i believe in evolution. We either started evolving into early humans all around the world or from Africa and spread.

Computers will never achieve complete human intelligence.
True, computers are stupid they can only do what they tell you.

Aliens exist.
True, theres just gotta be life on another planet somewhere in space. Theres surely loads of planets just like earth in other galaxys somewhere.

People are not designed to eat meat.
False, we are the top of the food chain we eat what we want.

Re-incarnation is a fantasy created by people.
True or False, you never know...

Earth is a paradise.
False, Earth is full of people of corrupt people. There are some peaceful areas on Earth though.

Advanced civilaztions with awesome technology once populated this planet, but were destroyed.
False, wheres the evidence? Surely we would be diggin up there remains just like dinosaurs?

Good thread, i like sharing views.