PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of the Mind and Our Future

Taylor_Made
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Will the mind of man ever evolve to the point where we can create government systems, Societies, and ways of life that benefit all of man? Will we learn to treat Humans on this planet as an equal? Will we ever evovle into a Utopia of sorts for all of man. Its not religion that will unite us(So many sects and divisions in all religions even though they want the same damn thing). Democracy in America doesnt even Unite the participants. What is the next step for humanity to take?

Visionz
04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
I"m pretty sure we (humans) are in possession of everything required to create a utopian society but greed gets in the way of it all. How do we eliminate greed?? I wish I had the answer but even if I did, who would listen?

the silencer
04-18-2007, 05:28 PM
great question...

this thread has the potential to be a classic KTL cyph

i wanna add on but im too busy right now to really concentrate....deep shit tho guys

Battle 1
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Evolution of the mind I was thinking like humans that get born with special mental powers. Telepathic, telekenetic, and able to move objects with their minds and so forth. Xavier of the X-men comes to mind.

But maybe Einstein is a more realistic example of a (perhaps born) genius. Mentally able to see things that others can't. Or shed light into the unknown.

Taylor_Made
04-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I"m pretty sure we (humans) are in possession of everything required to create a utopian society but greed gets in the way of it all. How do we eliminate greed?? I wish I had the answer but even if I did, who would listen?

I agree that we could create heaven on earth right now if we wanted it...But when are we going to evolve to the point where we can comprehend it.

Dirty Knowledge
04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Haha, the age-old question. Yes, it would be wonderful. I just can't see it happening. For many different reasons.. hate and racism being the mian ones.

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
04-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Any of you ever hear of the Nooshpere?

SID
04-20-2007, 01:29 PM
the evolution of the mind...a very difficult, almost unaswerable question, the human mind has evolved greatly throughout the ages but have we come to a place were there is just nothing else to evolve to? take a look around you (and dont take it for granted) look what we have come to, a controlled organised soceity, crammed with technology everywhere you look.
But think back 100 years ago and the state we were in but was that because our minds were not evolved enough, or that we were still on the voyage of scientific discovery, anyhow to reach a near-utopian civilisation in this day and age let alone the future would be unrealistic, optimistic and downright impossible, iam not a cynic but the human condition will always be the human condition, we will always hate, envy and the rest of it there is nothing we can do...the only thing that would make the world a better place, is a total overhaul of the goverment system, and political structure we have today, not to mention elimination of the puppeters who really are the destroyers of this world...

PEACE

Koolish
04-22-2007, 03:47 PM
The mind does not evolve, if it did, great works of literature would not have been comparable or possible over 2000 years ago.

If it does evolve, it takes much, much longer. The average person somehow believes we are more intelligent than our ancestors simply because we live in a more technologically developed society. Being good at utilizing technology does not inherently mean the entire race of man's mind has evolved, only that through constant pursuance towards the possibilities of technology through much, much failure it has finally proved rewarding. We now take this information we have perfected to the best of our ability and are more easily able to expand and build upon it.

The foundations of other topics of "intelligence", such as mathematics, are found within much older revolutionary thinkers.

Don't even start with Philosophy (one name, Socrates).

There will never be utopia until the entire human race is highly intelligent. This will never be so (at least in our lifetime).