PDA

View Full Version : NFL Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

SWAMP WATER
02-19-2008, 01:25 PM
c'mon man, people here talkin outta emotions like they was female. NFC East & AFC South are the two toughest divisions in football. That's regardless of who your team is, that's just the truth. It's the reason why each of 'em put 3 teams into the playoffs last year.

The Bears fucked up when they decided that Benson could carry the running game (you know the QB wasn't gonna get it done) When your punt returner is your most dangerous weapon its not saying much for the offense.

All im saing iz da giants wont make the playoffs next year.Thomas Jones broke down this year anyway,Cedric Benson sucks we already know dat.Enjoy your luck while it last.As far as females go I bet your tampon comes out bloody evertime you see a New York Knicks game.

Orion Nebulus
02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
no im not saying coulda woulda shoulda. its just obvious which team is more talented, the packers. its also obvious who out played who, the giants, by a whole field goal in overtime. im not bitter at all infact i routed for them whole heartedly in the superbowl. but lets be real the regular season for the giants was shit you were lucky you even got in the playoffs. and i would credit their outstanding performance in the playoffs to some kinda divine miracle.

Yeah and the more talented team won..THE GIANTS. They beat the Packers in thier own homefield on the 3rd coldest day in NFL history. You can talk about the regular season all you want.....it's what you do in the playoffs. The Giants are true examples of that. Luck?? Well the Giants went through Dallas...your overated Packers and the so called invincible Patriots. It wasnt a miracle buddy...the Giants straight up beat all their asses. Bottom line is they are the champs. :W

allah truth
02-19-2008, 05:12 PM
lol how can you call barely escaping defeat beating their asses. i agree they are the champs and how lucky they were to become the champs doesn't really matter. the fact still remains the giants lack talent in some areas, and the packers are loaded. all you got is an average quarterback(who im a big fan of) a huge running back, a fast running back, and a great defensive line. the packers have everything.

Visionz
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
All im saing iz da giants wont make the playoffs next year.Thomas Jones broke down this year anyway,Cedric Benson sucks we already know dat.Enjoy your luck while it last.As far as females go I bet your tampon comes out bloody evertime you see a New York Knicks game.there goes those emotions again :lmao: I'm not a Giants fan, not a fan of any team from New York. just recognizin things for what they are.

Orion Nebulus
02-20-2008, 08:34 AM
lol how can you call barely escaping defeat beating their asses. i agree they are the champs and how lucky they were to become the champs doesn't really matter. the fact still remains the giants lack talent in some areas, and the packers are loaded. all you got is an average quarterback(who im a big fan of) a huge running back, a fast running back, and a great defensive line. the packers have everything.

Lmao! You still sound like a bitter dude to me. The Giants beat their asses. They physically dominated the Packers and Brett Favre even admitted that. The packers are loaded?? They have their weaknesses and the Giants exposed them for the frauds they are. Their corners got abused.....nah they got destroyed. Plax made bitches out of them. You are a big fan of Eli?? Well heres my advice......root for a winner next time. I'll hook you up with a Eli jersey if you want. Just let it go already. Now if you want to continue making lame excuses then go ahead.....have fun. :)

Dirty Knowledge
02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
hopefully lol. you went in to lambeau and the packers punked themselves.

No dumbass. We had what? Two shots at winning that game before Overtime? The Giants punked themselves. We had so many times in that game on 3rd and long where Favre'd throw an incomplete pass and then Webster would get called for illegall hands. It was a few times If I'm not mistaken. I mean.. that McQuarter's fumble right in to the Green Bay hands? Who punked themselves? Don't be stupid.

All im saing iz da giants wont make the playoffs next year.Thomas Jones broke down this year anyway,Cedric Benson sucks we already know dat.Enjoy your luck while it last.As far as females go I bet your tampon comes out bloody evertime you see a New York Knicks game.

Thomas Jones went out...ohhhh-weee!! Didn't our RB back, Derrick Ward, go out IN the Chicago/Giants game? Hmmmm... Wasn't Brandon Jacobs hurt here and there all year? Bears got no heart, shut up.

Lack talent where? The Giants are starting to develop a secondary.. the Giants. That means that teams aren't going to be able to air it out and get lucky quickstrikes verse us anymore. The Giants aren't lacking anywhere son. Jeff Feagles is easily the best directional punter in the game and also the best at putting it in the 20. Lawrence Tynes just got re-signed. He's an average kicker. Who knows a rookie could beat him out in Training Camp. I know he's got a Lambeau Killer for a leg. Our Offensive Line is SOLID. We'll probably load up on some O-Line in the draft this year. And that adds even more depth to one of the best NFL O-Lines. Our D-Line is best in the game, hands down. I'd add our total Front 7 to that statement, but I think Mathias Kiwanuka has to come back strong this year. Our LB Corp is great. I saw Antonio Pierece make a lot of big plays this Playoffs, like the screenplay I believe to Ryan Grant where Pierce had 2 guys blocking and ran through them to ARM TACKLE GRANT? Hahaha, awesome moment. Our Running game..? Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw and Derrick Ward who returns healthy next year. A three-headed monster? LOL.. who knows.. maybe we trade one to a bummy team for some help somewhere else. We've got Shockey and the Boss.. plus the young Mike Matthews. TE spot is locked up. Our WRs grew up big time this Playoffs. Plaxico is becoming something of a leader to these young WRs, Toomer is showing his heart by coming back after dropped passes and dragging his feet along the sideline for 48 yard gains.. Steve Smith is a TALENTED young dude..and we still got this dude Jennings who got hurt in Preseason that was FAST and had nice hands. Plus? Sinorice Moss? If he ever can crack the lineup and play smart, he'll be a speedy weapon at wideout. And as I said earlier, we've got the best secondary I think I've ever seen. They shut down the Patriot's deep pass in the playoffs. Giants are set.. it's you who's worrying bout your old ass QB and the mindset of your young team rebounding this year.

allah truth
02-20-2008, 09:08 PM
first off the main reason you shut down the patriots passing game was because of your best asset which is your d-line. and besides that and your running backs which are outstanding, i guess its a matter of opinion. but its a fact that the packers are more loaded on offense defense and special teams then the giants. in the nfc championship the packers made more mistakes then the giants made good plays. everytime they made some momentum they would do something stupid and couldn't capitalize on it. im not worried what so ever. if they don't "rebound" ill be down right shocked and appalled. theres a good chance that there will be a rematch of that nfc champ game. as the packers, giants, and cowboys are the only teams that have anything in the nfc. and i expect the cowboys to not have as good of a season as they did last year.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
This just goes to show how a defensive line can neutralize a great offense and how an offensive line can control a game via the ground attack.

The patriots weren't THAT much talented than everyone else. Lets face it, they probably played in the weakest division in football which amounts to six free be's. But all year long they threw the ball a little too much. I though it may hurt them in a grind it out game in the pressure packed playoffs....and it did.

The Giants are a good team tho.

Dirty Knowledge
02-21-2008, 12:28 AM
first off the main reason you shut down the patriots passing game was because of your best asset which is your d-line. and besides that and your running backs which are outstanding, i guess its a matter of opinion. but its a fact that the packers are more loaded on offense defense and special teams then the giants. in the nfc championship the packers made more mistakes then the giants made good plays. everytime they made some momentum they would do something stupid and couldn't capitalize on it. im not worried what so ever. if they don't "rebound" ill be down right shocked and appalled. theres a good chance that there will be a rematch of that nfc champ game. as the packers, giants, and cowboys are the only teams that have anything in the nfc. and i expect the cowboys to not have as good of a season as they did last year.

I'm gonna break this game 1 last time down for you.

Your first TD, after doing jack on offense in the 1st quarter, came in the 2nd on the first play of a drive, Favre to Driver 90 yards.

Your first FG, came on a drive where on 3rd and 10 we stopped you but Michael Johnson got called for hands to the face. Auto-first down.

On your second TD, Sam Madison was called on 3rd and 8 for Unnecesary Roughness a straight bullshit call. And we had Driver stopped on that 3rd down play.

It is now the beginning of the 4th quarter and you guys are driving. At our 8, McQuarters picks the ball off, KILLING YOUR DRIVE AND HOPES! But..he quickly kills ours as he fumbles and the ball lands in the hands Taushcer at the Giant 19... big fucking break. Giants D buckles down and we only give up the FG to tie the game.

Following that drive, Tynes misses a FG. Packers on the next drive, go 3 and out in the 4th quarter. Giants get it back and punt down to the Pack 17. You guys do jack, and then punt, and McQuarters fumbles again.. but Hixon is on it immediatly.

On the very next play.. Ahmad Bradshaw, for 48 yards, TD.. called back for HOLDING..we drive and then miss a FG. OT. PAck win coin toss. On the second play, Webster picks the ball off and the rest is history.

Now if you ask me, The Giants made more mistakes then the Packers did. As a matter of fact, the Pack were lucky to be in this game. Other than that bomb to Driver, what did you guys do? On two of your scoring drives, we had you stopped but committed dumb penalties. Tell me when did the Packers do that? Once, Al Harris did it on 3rd. But he was blatant as ever with his, when he tossed Plax to the ground after 5 yards and picked off the Eli pass.

The Giants you may consider lucky to have won that game, but if they'd have lost, I garuntee you people would have been saying "Giants should've won". Not this time though. Now let's drop the NFC Title game because it pales in comparison to the Super Bowl.

Visionz
02-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Rex Grossman has signed a one-year deal to remain as the starting quarterback of the Chicago Bears........as read just now on espn. the bears lost. probably the same feelin I had when the Texans signed Ahman Green

check two
02-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Lovie Smith seems to have some type of undying faith in Rex Grossman. I'm not sure what's up with that. lol

hectis
02-25-2008, 04:33 PM
i dont understand that either

free agency begins this friday at 12:01 an

SWAMP WATER
02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
there goes those emotions again :lmao: I'm not a Giants fan, not a fan of any team from New York. just recognizin things for what they are.

HAHAHAHAH.If you think its emotion,I guess you never been to a sports bar.Its only sports talk.Get yo head outta ya ass.

SWAMP WATER
02-26-2008, 07:08 PM
No dumbass. We had what? Two shots at winning that game before Overtime? The Giants punked themselves. We had so many times in that game on 3rd and long where Favre'd throw an incomplete pass and then Webster would get called for illegall hands. It was a few times If I'm not mistaken. I mean.. that McQuarter's fumble right in to the Green Bay hands? Who punked themselves? Don't be stupid.

Thomas Jones went out...ohhhh-weee!! Didn't our RB back, Derrick Ward, go out IN the Chicago/Giants game? Hmmmm... Wasn't Brandon Jacobs hurt here and there all year? Bears got no heart, shut up.

Lack talent where? The Giants are starting to develop a secondary.. the Giants. That means that teams aren't going to be able to air it out and get lucky quickstrikes verse us anymore. The Giants aren't lacking anywhere son. Jeff Feagles is easily the best directional punter in the game and also the best at putting it in the 20. Lawrence Tynes just got re-signed. He's an average kicker. Who knows a rookie could beat him out in Training Camp. I know he's got a Lambeau Killer for a leg. Our Offensive Line is SOLID. We'll probably load up on some O-Line in the draft this year. And that adds even more depth to one of the best NFL O-Lines. Our D-Line is best in the game, hands down. I'd add our total Front 7 to that statement, but I think Mathias Kiwanuka has to come back strong this year. Our LB Corp is great. I saw Antonio Pierece make a lot of big plays this Playoffs, like the screenplay I believe to Ryan Grant where Pierce had 2 guys blocking and ran through them to ARM TACKLE GRANT? Hahaha, awesome moment. Our Running game..? Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw and Derrick Ward who returns healthy next year. A three-headed monster? LOL.. who knows.. maybe we trade one to a bummy team for some help somewhere else. We've got Shockey and the Boss.. plus the young Mike Matthews. TE spot is locked up. Our WRs grew up big time this Playoffs. Plaxico is becoming something of a leader to these young WRs, Toomer is showing his heart by coming back after dropped passes and dragging his feet along the sideline for 48 yard gains.. Steve Smith is a TALENTED young dude..and we still got this dude Jennings who got hurt in Preseason that was FAST and had nice hands. Plus? Sinorice Moss? If he ever can crack the lineup and play smart, he'll be a speedy weapon at wideout. And as I said earlier, we've got the best secondary I think I've ever seen. They shut down the Patriot's deep pass in the playoffs. Giants are set.. it's you who's worrying bout your old ass QB and the mindset of your young team rebounding this year.
Giants should have lost to Dallas.They got LUUUUUUUUUUUUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYY,NO YOU SHUT UP BIIIIITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWAMP WATER
02-26-2008, 07:12 PM
.......as read just now on espn. the bears lost. probably the same feelin I had when the Texans signed Ahman Green

I would trade Cedric Benson for Ahman Green right now.

SWAMP WATER
02-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Lovie Smith seems to have some type of undying faith in Rex Grossman. I'm not sure what's up with that. lol

I agree wit that shit.When Grossman fails,Lovie,Jerry Angalo should be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
02-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Cedric Benson is reminding me of Ron Dayne the more I see him. Nothing but a backup.

The Bears arent helping themselves out at all the past two years.

SWAMP WATER
02-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Cedric Benson is reminding me of Ron Dayne the more I see him. Nothing but a backup.

The Bears arent helping themselves out at all the past two years.

Cedric Benson reminds me of Curtis Enis.

InvincibleArmor79
02-29-2008, 01:23 PM
well, giants just lost kawika mitchell to the bills... DYNASTY OVER!

num2son
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Damn free agents signing is tough, surprising cuts and interesting signings.

KZA
02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
LOL ASANTE SAMUEL for signing with the eagles

"I just want a chance to be able to win and get back to the Super Bowl," Samuel said.

num2son
02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
LOL ASANTE SAMUEL for signing with the eagles

"I just want a chance to be able to win and get back to the Super Bowl," Samuel said.

:?...with the eagles.

Orion Nebulus
03-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Giants should have lost to Dallas.They got LUUUUUUUUUUUUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYY,NO YOU SHUT UP BIIIIITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao! Maybe you been drinking a lil too much swamp water dude. The defense bitched Tony Romo in that last drive. He doesnt need to shut up because the Giants shut you all up in the end. :W

well, giants just lost kawika mitchell to the bills... DYNASTY OVER!

LOL!! Kawika Mitchell was a good LB. I wanted him to stay but the Giants still got their better defenders. They aint worried. So, sorry if you're hopes were up. :)

Olive Oil Goombah
03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
The Browns are having a pretty good off-season.

Re-signed Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis

Signed free agent Donte Stallworth

Traded for DT Shaun Rogers from DET and DE Corey Williams of GB.

Man, Stallworth, Braylon, Winslow, Jurivicious.....that offensive line, Jamal Lewis and either Anderson or Quinn.

ITs a good time to be a Browns fan again....FINALLY.

sakk
03-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Saints got J Vilma. He might be a pro bowler again in the 4-3.

Storm
03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm kind of surprised this offseason so far has been so active for a first day but yea, I think Browns & Eagles are so far the winners in this offseason.

check two
03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
It will be nice to see Derek Anderson shut Quinn's overrated, cocky ass up this season.

allah truth
03-03-2008, 02:11 AM
there is a small chance that the packers will have randy moss next season. if they sign him it will be one of the happiest days of my life.

check two
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
How long do you think Brett Favre will stay retired for? Is this like the sixth year in a row that he does the possible retirement hoopla? Or is he really retired for good? The tv drama continues...

Dirty Knowledge
03-05-2008, 12:55 AM
there is a small chance that the packers will have randy moss next season. if they sign him it will be one of the happiest days of my life.

Lol

Dick Cheney
03-05-2008, 01:07 AM
It will be nice to see Derek Anderson shut Quinn's overrated, cocky ass up this season.Speaking uv overated. Big Ben worth $100 Million!!! not a fuckin chance
________
Expert Insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

Queen Of Poetry
03-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Speaking uv overated. Big Ben worth $100 Million!!! not a fuckin chance

I thought the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagles got Asanti Samuel.............hopefully we use him properly........

Olive Oil Goombah
03-18-2008, 07:13 PM
The Eagles need to get rid of McNabb while they can still get something for him.

Queen Of Poetry
03-19-2008, 06:30 AM
The Eagles need to get rid of McNabb while they can still get something for him.

I don't know..........I actually think the lesser of 2 evils is Andy........I say get rid of Andy..........

Olive Oil Goombah
03-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Maybe your right...His offense is stupid. ALl they do is dump the ball off to Westbrook the whole game.

Surreptitious
03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
The Eagles are weak ass hell, Panthers are winning the NFC this year fellas

Orion Nebulus
03-19-2008, 01:06 PM

It's great to dream huh?

Queen Of Poetry
03-20-2008, 06:28 AM
It's great to dream huh?

LOL..........right! The Panthers? Seriously?

King Tron 1
03-20-2008, 08:58 AM

"It was all a dream! I used root for the carolina panther team, all I wanted to see was a winning streak..."

you can finish the rest, ya damn self. Panthers ain't even winning the division, let alone the superbowl.

Dirty Knowledge
03-20-2008, 11:38 PM

What a dumb ass quote..they had their shot at the PAtriots and failed.

SWAMP WATER
03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
The Browns are having a pretty good off-season.

Re-signed Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis

Signed free agent Donte Stallworth

Traded for DT Shaun Rogers from DET and DE Corey Williams of GB.

Man, Stallworth, Braylon, Winslow, Jurivicious.....that offensive line, Jamal Lewis and either Anderson or Quinn.

ITs a good time to be a Browns fan again....FINALLY.

Much props go to the Browns,they looking real good right now.

SWAMP WATER
03-21-2008, 09:39 AM
What a dumb ass quote..they had their shot at the PAtriots and failed.

GIANTS STILL SUCK MONKEY NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen Of Poetry
03-22-2008, 06:43 PM
I am so tired of the Patriots! Those bastards cheated and I think for all the Super Bowls they won, there needs to an * by it.............

Dirty Knowledge
03-22-2008, 11:36 PM
GIANTS STILL SUCK MONKEY NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Has a Rex Grossman Jersey

Olive Oil Goombah
03-23-2008, 10:04 AM
I can't wait for when the Giants come to Cleveland...I'll be at that game for sure, and imma try to get my boy who is a Giants fan tickets, so he can witness Cleveland knock the Yankees out again and take the Giants down.

hectis
03-25-2008, 12:52 PM
the NFL is making people with long hair cut it I dont see the point in doing that

check two
03-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Don't some other sports, such as some baseball teams, make their players keep their hair a certain length, and also regulate their facial hair? Lame.

SWAMP WATER
03-26-2008, 09:25 AM
^ Has a Rex Grossman Jersey

LOL...........Yeah I burn it,and lite inscents wit it.

SWAMP WATER
03-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah that shit iz as lame as the Giants.

Storm
03-26-2008, 04:56 PM
the NFL is making people with long hair cut it I dont see the point in doing that

Their dumbasses. Their doing so "the players name on the back of the jersey can be visible at all times". That's bs, a bs excuse. I really can't stand some of their recent new rules, the players have become robots now unfortunately.

King Tron 1
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Ain't that the reason for wearing numbers?

Olive Oil Goombah
03-26-2008, 06:32 PM
oh boo hoo, they cant have long hair. They look like a buncha broads out there anyway. Newsflash, you get paid millions to play 16 games

portis24
03-26-2008, 08:24 PM
nfl opener redskins vs. giants redskins are going to beat the shit out of the giants

baby jesus
03-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Hahaha The Redskins Dont Have A Chance Against The Super Bowl Mvp Eli Manning And The Giants.

Orion Nebulus
03-27-2008, 08:27 AM
nfl opener redskins vs. giants redskins are going to beat the shit out of the giants

LMAO!! Ummm crack is wack.

Hahaha The Redskins Dont Have A Chance Against The Super Bowl Mvp Eli Manning And The Giants.

You got that right. Redskins will be victim #1.

portis24
03-27-2008, 08:37 AM
eli had a good run in the playoffs last year but if you think he's going to repeat that you must be on crack and remember the last game the redskins played against the giant's the score was 22-10 redskins

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
The Giants have a well balanced team. While I dont see them going back to back, they will probably make the playoffs again.

Orion Nebulus
03-27-2008, 02:30 PM
eli had a good run in the playoffs last year but if you think he's going to repeat that you must be on crack and remember the last game the redskins played against the giant's the score was 22-10 redskins

I recall it's 1-1. That was a different Giants team buddy. If they faced them again the Giants would have destroyed them. Redskins aint doing shit. Eli is already training for next season while Portis is probably licking his wounds. So I'm not worried. Your team got beat and the Giants are the champs enough said.

Orion Nebulus
03-27-2008, 02:34 PM
The Giants have a well balanced team. While I dont see them going back to back, they will probably make the playoffs again.

Well I can respect that. Hey it's really hard to go back to back but with the right motivation it can be done. And THEY ARE motivated already.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Yea, but they are losing some guys on D right??? And who knows what Strahan is going to do.

portis24
03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
actually portis is already in conditioning and eli needs to be working year round he's garbage if it won't for burress he would be sitting on the bench.He makes that bum 10x better.Also that first game we were ahead 17-3 at halftime and blew it the second half.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
All I know about Washington is that Santana Moss had a shit season last year and I wasted a decently high pick on him in fantasy football. Fortunately, i dumped his sorry ass.

portis24
03-27-2008, 07:47 PM
yeah but he was on when when it counted most for your playoff run hope you played him if not tough luck

Olive Oil Goombah
03-27-2008, 08:03 PM
yeah but he was on when when it counted most for your playoff run hope you played him if not tough luck

I got Marshawn Lynch and Bernard Berrian for him. They worked out better.

portis24
03-27-2008, 08:06 PM
marshawn lynch was a good pick up but bernard berrian is ass because chicago dosen't have a qb

check two
03-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I think Todd Collins should start this season at QB. Without him, they would have never made the playoffs, or got close.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
marshawn lynch was a good pick up but bernard berrian is ass because chicago dosen't have a qb

When Grossman started, Berrians numbers were good cuz Grossman liked to throw the deep ball and that was Berrians game. Griese was more of a short passer.
And then when Kyle Orton was starting, I knew it was hopeless. I dont know how that guy still has a job in the NFL.

Lynch got hurt tho, and that slowed his production down but I picked up Anthony Thomas. Moss literally did nothing for me all year....He had a good game the week after i dumped him, and i was like..wow fuck you, but he never kept it up.

My squad on draft day looked awesome on paper....

Manning, Larry Johnson, Holt, Moss, McAllister, Fred Taylor.....

But i ended up trading all those guys except McAllister, he got injured the 2nd week.
Larry Johnson was the biggest bust......I ended up with Hasselbeck, Frank Gore, Lynch, Berrian...my big mistake was trading Fred Taylor late in the season. He ended up playing great...but uup to then he did nothing.

Still made the playoffs tho, got some money out of it.

portis24
03-28-2008, 02:14 PM
yeah larry johnson was the biggest bust in fantasy last year but you didn't know that to start the season.Jason campbell is a good qb he just needs a little time that's all

portis24
03-28-2008, 08:26 PM
if dallas gets pacman jones ffor a 7th round pick i'm going to lose all respect for the titans organization

check two
03-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah Jason Campbell might be good, but Collins is a better QB right now.

Concering Ms. Pacman, when the negatives are worse than the positives, it might be best to get rid of a player.

Dirty Knowledge
03-29-2008, 01:14 AM
I recall it's 1-1. That was a different Giants team buddy. If they faced them again the Giants would have destroyed them. Redskins aint doing shit. Eli is already training for next season while Portis is probably licking his wounds. So I'm not worried. Your team got beat and the Giants are the champs enough said.

Yeah the Redskins have yet to see them some Ahmad Bradshaw. And Derrick Ward was out by the game for the year. I remember that game Eli threw 52 times! LOL! Eli I love him but I don't want to see him throwing 52 times with the type of punishing running game we constantly are putting on the field.

Should be one helluva opener though. Giants/Redskins is badass.

Dirty Knowledge
03-29-2008, 01:15 AM
I can't wait for when the Giants come to Cleveland...I'll be at that game for sure, and imma try to get my boy who is a Giants fan tickets, so he can witness Cleveland knock the Yankees out again and take the Giants down.

What a fag.

Naw, just playin.. but that will never happen, so keep dreaming.

Dirty Knowledge
03-29-2008, 01:20 AM
actually portis is already in conditioning and eli needs to be working year round he's garbage if it won't for burress he would be sitting on the bench.He makes that bum 10x better.Also that first game we were ahead 17-3 at halftime and blew it the second half.

Damn right Plax makes Eli better, Plax is the best WR in the game today better believe that shit.

And as for that first game..what a game that was. I remember me, my father, my mother and grandmother had went out to eat at Outback Steakhouse. We saw on the TV that the Giants were getting pounded, 17-3, and it didn't look good. Then we came back and whooped em. That's the day I knew that the Giants would win the Super Bowl. When we made that goalline stand to seal the deal, I could feel it in my bones that something magical was starting to brew. And welp... a few months later..

http://www.ptfsports.com/graphics/full/football/giantssbpin.jpg

portis24
03-29-2008, 07:18 AM
this year they prolly won't even have a winning record

portis24
03-29-2008, 07:21 AM
i don't think burress is the no.1 reciever in football but he's def. top 10 maybe even top 5 now.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Somebody crash two more plains into NYC and shut this man up.

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 12:43 AM
The Giants won't even have a winning record?

LOL

Cleave
Pitts
Cinci
Baltimore

That's 4 right there thanks to the GAYFC

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Hahah..ill be at that Giants game so i hope your not in the vicinity...you may just get a beer bath!!

Orion Nebulus
03-30-2008, 11:34 AM
this year they prolly won't even have a winning record

Haha you make me laugh. Giants are going to be in the playoffs. The Redskins will be lucky to even have a chance.

Somebody crash two more plains into NYC and shut this man up.

Wow a little too personal there.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Haha you make me laugh. Giants are going to be in the playoffs. The Redskins will be lucky to even have a chance.

lol..yea. my bad...they flaunt their championships and we flaunt that stuff...its a bad trade off.

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I really hate New York haters.

They get so fucking personal and then people wonder why out-of-towners always get found slump behind some Brooklyn Sports Bar.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 09:58 PM
i'm not a new york hater. I used to like those old knicks teams with starks and mason and my boy Oakley.
I dont even hate the giants...i just gotta work with an annoying NY pR so we talk shit back and forth.
Truth be told i dont even hate the yankees...i hate the red sox worse.

And michigan is my most hated rival anyway. So dont think that my hate is wasted solely on NY...it gets spread evenly like country crock.

its all in good fun, dont take it personal and it wont get personal

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
The Giants > The Browns.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 10:07 PM
well right now, you can brag about the ring, but the Browns got a squad next year. We just need another linebacker, but you aint gonna be able to stop our offense.
The line is sick, and who you gonna cover???
Braylon, Kellen, Stallworth, Jurevicious???? Than you got Jamal runnin down your throat..

Cant wait for that game....it just feels so good to feel good about Browns football again.

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Browns have got damn, absolutely no fucking defense whatsover now bow down and pick some up in a few drafts and in a few years, I'll hollar.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
obviously you aint heard of the moves we made on the D Line, gettin Corey Williams and Shaun rogers...
With Wimbley and Peek comin at you from the edges and DQwell Jackson in the middle, all we need is another LB.

Sean Jones and Brodney Pool cleanin things up at safety....Eric Wright and Brandon mcdonald shuttin fools down...We're ready for Peytons down syndrome little brother.

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 10:27 PM
So basically the Browns go from 30th ranked defense to like Top 3 because of two decent pickups. Well, obviously more than decent considering the shit that the Browns have tossed out there on defense in the past...how ever many years they've been back.

Nicky, get your shit together pal.

You're a total paper-fan. What you see on paper you think comes through automatically. Unfortunately like the rest of the NFL you'll have to wait until the next season starts to see where your team ranks. My team's number one off-rip. We may not be Number 1 in the NFC throughout the year, hell, maybe not even Top 4, but we'll be there come Playoff time because that's what the NFC is, a dogfight.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 10:37 PM
My shit is straight. OUr pass defense wasn't bad, our pass rush wasnt bad. We couldnt stop the run.
Obviously we were good enoug to go 10-6 in a better conference. Now were only getting better. The G men lost players on D....They had a season of destiny. They def. aint no dynasty. NFC was weak...Dallas was overrated and Favre has been ruining GB's chances for a while now.
Face it, it took a miracle grab for you to win anyway....part of it is luck, and you got very lucky.

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Wow, and you say you're not a hater.

Don't get me wrong now, I'm not hating on the Browns.

But they could never do what the Giants just did.

Ever.

You mad like buddy in your sig right about now, thinking about Cleaveland sports and how it really, really, REALLY, hasn't looked good lately...your whole life..AHEM..

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 10:56 PM
were cool. we got LeBron dog....you got the sorry ass Knicks. the Browns won a ton of Championships when they had Jimmy Brown, so im not sure were your goin with that. Football was born in Northeast Ohio....plus we got the Buckeyes and all there championships and Heismans....
What kinda college football you got over there?? Do you even have any?? Most of you root for Michigan cuz you like the helmets(hahaha) or Notre Dame cuz your front runners.

All you can really brag about is the Yankees....and like i said. They bought and still continue to (or at least attempt to) buy there rings.

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 11:06 PM
huh

Olive Oil Goombah
03-30-2008, 11:11 PM
You didnt beat us for that. So it really doesnt bother me....

Carmona had no trouble with the bugs...how come this guy did???

http://media.abqtrib.com/albq/content/img/photos/2007/10/06/100607_yankees_t220.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
03-30-2008, 11:39 PM
losersjuststare

SWAMP WATER
04-02-2008, 09:56 AM

Giants will be at home watching the playoffs on tv.

SWAMP WATER
04-02-2008, 09:59 AM
I really hate New York haters.

They get so fucking personal and then people wonder why out-of-towners always get found slump behind some Brooklyn Sports Bar.

New York aint no different from anywere else.You can get slumped in any city.

SWAMP WATER
04-02-2008, 10:01 AM
The Giants > The Browns.

Not this year.

hectis
04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I can't wait for the draft

baby jesus
04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Damn You Know Your Team Is On Top When All The Haters Are In Full Effect. Is This The Begining Of A Dynasty?? I Hope So.

But Really This Run In The Playoffs Shouldnt Have Come As A Suprise The Giants Have Been Superbowl Ready For A Couple Of Years It Was Just A Question Of When And If Eli Would Come Around.

Orion Nebulus
04-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Giants will be at home watching the playoffs on tv.

Awww still bitter I see?? The Giants will be busy in the playoffs while your loser team will be carrying their equipment. :)

Damn You Know Your Team Is On Top When All The Haters Are In Full Effect. Is This The Begining Of A Dynasty?? I Hope So.

Word!! Let them be bitter. They can cry all they want. They all will eat their words again. Hating and doubt= the Giants' inspiration.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Wut is with this woe is me New York attitude....i swear you guys talk the most shit but are teh most sensitive people in the world...alwyas cryin...'ooh your a hater'...

win graciously for God's sake....I didn't care who won either way, cuz Boston licks my asshole.

portis24
04-02-2008, 07:11 PM
new york dynasty? no way if it wasn't for the packers fumbling away thier chance they would have been in the super bowl and like i said before eli sucks the whole regular season he was average at best and the worst part for the giant's your going to pay that bum like an all pro when you redo his contract

Olive Oil Goombah
04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
The Giants had a year of destiny....they were a good team that got thru a weak NFC and had all the breaks go for them. Luck is as much a part of winning as talent. No ones hating on what they did.
Just don't start comparin urselves to New England, Dallas or SF.

Dirty Knowledge
04-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Swamp And Portis for Disgruntled Fans of the Year.

Orion Nebulus
04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Wut is with this woe is me New York attitude....i swear you guys talk the most shit but are teh most sensitive people in the world...alwyas cryin...'ooh your a hater'...

win graciously for God's sake....I didn't care who won either way, cuz Boston licks my asshole.

Well I'm going to speak for myself. A lot of people here started crying like little bitches when the Giants beat thier teams. So naturally I'm going to respond. I don't start it...I just finish it. :)

new york dynasty? no way if it wasn't for the packers fumbling away thier chance they would have been in the super bowl and like i said before eli sucks the whole regular season he was average at best and the worst part for the giant's your going to pay that bum like an all pro when you redo his contract

ZZZZZZZZ. At first you were funny but now you're just putting us to sleep. Just quit. :z

The Giants had a year of destiny....they were a good team that got thru a weak NFC and had all the breaks go for them. Luck is as much a part of winning as talent. No ones hating on what they did.
Just don't start comparin urselves to New England, Dallas or SF.

No one is comparing them to those Dynasties. But if the Giants win any more then you have no choice but to do so.

You got that right.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
well i never cried that the Giants won. Didnt matter to me either way.

portis24
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
i said they did a good job but just don't think it will carry over into this year and if you think that's disgruntled just bring a cowboy fan in here then you will really see disgruntled lol

InvincibleArmor79
04-06-2008, 07:11 AM
the way i see it, the NY Giants played their way to a nfl title, over a previously-unblemished New England team... all props an respect due to the Giants, super bowl champs an so on...

but lets be realistic,.... new year, new obstacles.. lets see the Giants perform the same if not better... lets see...

GO PACK GO

King Tron 1
04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not buying this Jay Culter hype, and I'm a Broncos fan.

check two
04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I saw the Steelers picked up Jared Zabransky not that long ago. Is he going to compete for the starting job?

Olive Oil Goombah
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Zabransky is a bum...Its Roethlisburgers job...why would they give him all that money if they didnt think he was the man?

check two
04-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Well maybe he's not worth all that money. lol Zabransky was real good in college. Will he at least compete with Charlie Batch for second string?

IronFingaz7
04-07-2008, 11:45 PM
i said they did a good job but just don't think it will carry over into this year and if you think that's disgruntled just bring a cowboy fan in here then you will really see disgruntled lol

I'm a Cowboys fan, not disgruntled at all.

P.E.A.C.E.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Why's everyone acting like the Giants gotta win another one now?

Wtf? Giants got their Title against the greatest team of all time. Everyone was calling the Patriots that during this year.

"2008 is much harder than 1973, if the 73 Dolphins were to play today they may not even win 5 games"

"What the Patriots are doing is simply amazing, they're unstoppable"

I can die a happy man.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I never thought the Patriots were better than those Cowboy teams in the 90's and that 94 Niners team.

Lets face it, 17-0 really doesnt matter than much if you dont win it all. Thats the way I see it.

About the Cowboys...Tony Romo is an overrated QB.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Sorry... one of the greatest teams of all time... according to NickyTooch. The Mad Hater.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
I dont agree with that. They played in a horrible weak division...Jets, Dolphins Bills??? thats six guaranteed wins right there.
Im not saying they werent good, but I'd rather play against Maroney and that line and defense than against the Dallas D, and Emmitt Smith.

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan

Don't broadcast that.....................

Just kidding...................

IronFingaz7
04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Don't broadcast that.....................

Just kidding...................

LMAO

P.E.A.C.E.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
As a Cowboy fan, do you remember back in 94 when they lost by 1 yard to the Browns when Eric Turner stopped Jay Novacek just short of the goal line in Texas StadiuM???

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
LOL

Because when you're from Cleaveland

Even a Regular Season FLuke win could be as big as a Championship

Orion Nebulus
04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Why's everyone acting like the Giants gotta win another one now?

Wtf? Giants got their Title against the greatest team of all time. Everyone was calling the Patriots that during this year.

"2008 is much harder than 1973, if the 73 Dolphins were to play today they may not even win 5 games"

"What the Patriots are doing is simply amazing, they're unstoppable"

I can die a happy man.

I co-sign that!! Well except for the dying part lol.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
LOL

Because when you're from Cleaveland

Even a Regular Season FLuke win could be as big as a Championship

Kinda like when the Knicks beat someone??? Oh wait, thats right, you stopped being a fan when they started to suck.
Don't worry, we'll be sending the Giants home packing this year just like we did the Spankee's and fat joba the hut.

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
LMAO

P.E.A.C.E.

I live in SoHo so when the Eagles play the Cowboys u and I need to get together and watch the game..............show u a real fan! We bleed green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Who went on to beat the shit out of the Denver Broncos after John Elway had marched down the Dog Pound and OWNED the Browns with "The Drive" ???

Just a little fun little quizzy quiz quiz for ya'll.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
awwwwwwww shit...orion bout to get lucky. If the Eagles lose, it will benefit you. She will want to take her anger out on you.

Orion Nebulus
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Who went on to beat the shit out of the Denver Broncos after John Elway had marched down the Dog Pound and OWNED the Browns with "The Drive" ???

Oh oH I got this!! THE GIANTS. :)

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM

We pride ourselves in the fact that even thru the worst, we still are some of the most rabid fans. Something a NY fan could never kno..you like the rich spoiled kid on the block, braggin about mommy and daddy's money

Orion Nebulus
04-09-2008, 07:57 PM
awwwwwwww shit...orion bout to get lucky. If the Eagles lose, it will benefit you. She will want to take her anger out on you.

So I might get lucky twice. lol

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM

LOL..............first of all the Eagles lose to Dallas? Never happen............second it's strictly a football thing.............believe me I am not a lady when football is on................I talk trash and let others know that the Eagles r going to stomp them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:00 PM
We pride ourselves in the fact that even thru the worst, we still are some of the most rabid fans. Something a NY fan could never kno..you like the rich spoiled kid on the block, braggin about mommy and daddy's money

Lol.

Bleacher Creatures > Cleaveland's "Rabid" fans hahaha "Rabid" nice use of words

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Lol.

Bleacher Creatures > Cleaveland's "Rabid" fans hahaha "Rabid" nice use of words

Please, you couldnt hang.

LOL..............first of all the Eagles lose to Dallas? Never happen............second it's strictly a football thing.............believe me I am not a lady when football is on................I talk trash and let others know that the Eagles r going to stomp them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, that shit is hot! i love broads who get into it!

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
^^ Looking for friends online. LOL

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 08:16 PM
What's with Eli? Is he going to be crying this year again like every year?

LOL............just kidding.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:17 PM
He's going to be on Madden you fat slob.

* The Cover of Madden 09.

For all you gutter-minded individs.

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Damn..............why u gotta call me a name? Shit I was kidding..................ok that was enough for me...............

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:19 PM
damn your sensitive. pickin on the ladies now. You gonna play her one on one too to attempt to prove your manhood.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
QoP don't fuck with me and My GIANTS.. you been here long enough to know that. Are you really overweight? LOL, If so my bad.

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
QoP don't fuck with me and My GIANTS.. you been here long enough to know that. Are you really overweight? LOL, If so my bad.

No I'm not overweight and even if I was there was no need for that.............just my opinion.............

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
damn your sensitive. pickin on the ladies now. You gonna play her one on one too to attempt to prove your manhood.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/YANANA/n31602489_30134074_290.jpg

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh that's wonderful...................

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
i just saved you queen....you owe me

Queen Of Poetry
04-09-2008, 08:31 PM
i just saved you queen....you owe me

LOL.................ok ok..............I got u boo!;)

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
QoP and Nicky... you two just exchanged phone numbers over the internet... WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NEXT?!

http://www.number1nastyphonesex.com/bonop1.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
NIiiicee...

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:34 PM
QoP and Nicky... you two just exchanged phone numbers over the internet... WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NEXT?!

http://www.number1nastyphonesex.com/bonop1.jpg

I think your going to masterbate over it....me? im going to visit her when i visit my other boo in NY. SHe's a Jets fan and she loves the Mets....she's a true loyal person.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Go you!!

Olive Oil Goombah
04-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Me > you

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
If Green Bay Packers were in need, Brett Favre might think twice about retirement

GULFPORT, Miss. (AP)—If the Green Bay Packers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/gnb/;_ylt=AkDGX.SgF3hKV2niFoecAwkdsLYF) are ravaged by injuries this season, Brett Favre (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/;_ylt=Ag4NiTO2RqtXqUlo0q6sU_4dsLYF) might consider returning should the team reach out to him.

“It would be hard to pass up, I guess,” he told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun Herald. “But three months from now, say that presents itself, I may say, you know what, I’m so glad I made that decision. I’m feel very comfortable in what I’m doing and my decision.

“Yeah, I can probably be up there doing that and playing, but again, I don’t know. It’s only speculating. I think the world of that team. I had a lot of fun, not only this year, but over my career.”

But if Aaron Rodgers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7200/;_ylt=Aml08Hlc8rqyNY0vyviCR3QdsLYF) went down with an injury?

“Aaron has fallen into a great situation,” Favre said. “And if that opportunity presented itself and they did call, it would be tempting. And I very well could be enticed do it.”

Favre understands the kind of challenge he would face should he opt to go back to the NFL after ending his record-setting 17-year career. And he made it clear he is not changing his mind at this time.

“But to think that if they called me in October and told me, ‘Hey, we need you this week.’ That would be hard,” Favre said in a story that appeared on the paper’s Web site on Tuesday. “I’m sure mentally, I would be refreshed. I’d be away from it for a long time. But mentally versus physically, the last thing I’d want to do is go up and it’s ‘Oh this is great’ and all that stuff and me be excited and then just flop.

“You just can’t show up and play.”

There has been a steady flow of speculation that Favre would have a change of heart in the wake of the March 4 announcement the league’s only three-time MVP was retiring.

“I guess the best response would be, right now no,” he said of a possible return to the game.

Favre added he would not return unless he was in shape.

“It would be hard to go up there at 38. It was hard to stay in shape. I say that, I worked out and I worked out hard,” he said. “Week in and week out, I was just drained. Finally, for the first time, I felt, not that 38 is old, but I looked around at practice and these guys are bouncing around. And I practiced every day and all the time people would ask me … `How do you do it? Inside I’m saying, ‘I have no idea.’ It’s a struggle.”

-------------------------------------------------

Well, I'm not surprised.

I'd like to see another Giants/Pack, Eli/Brett Playoff Game.

And to be honest? I can see Aaron Rodgers sucking it up.. or maybe getting hurt.. and Brett getting the call.

Dirty Knowledge
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
John Elway surprised by Cutler recently calling out Brandon Marshall

DENVER (AP)—John Elway understands why Jay Cutler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/;_ylt=AhN5IadTP5XiWvyQlQYBv74dsLYF) recently called out a troubled teammate, he just wouldn’t have taken the same approach.

“I was surprised to hear it actually,” the former Broncos quarterback said Wednesday.

Cutler, fed up with all the drama surrounding Brandon Marshall (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7868/;_ylt=AtXU4gyxAdl6YuPWxIRgbY8dsLYF), lashed out at his No. 1 receiver and fellow third-year star, who suffered a gash on his right forearm while messing around last month.

“He’s not my favorite person right now,” the current Broncos quarterback said of Marshall.

Elway didn’t think this particular incident necessitated Cutler’s ire.

“Him cutting his arm is not that big of deal to me,” Elway said. “Obviously, he was wrestling with his brother. He’s still a kid.”

ADVERTISEMENT
http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=gLHAlkwNdHEGdBxfR_zEjQCwSumu7Ef9ihoABAJW&T=140rol094%2fX%3d1207798298%2fE%3d95858717%2fR%3d sports%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3 d3285156049%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dC0750D4C&U=13a3ko403%2fN%3dxlRqOUwNBkY-%2fC%3d619213.12513327.12865022.1323516%2fD%3dSKY% 2fB%3d4919383
Marshall, who emerged as Cutler’s primary target in his breakout 2007 season, said he was horsing around with his older brother at a resort in Orlando, Fla., when he fell into a television set, cutting an artery, a vein, a nerve, two tendons and three muscles in his right arm.

It’s not the first time Marshall has found himself in the news. He faces a drunken driving charge stemming from an October incident.

Cutler said incidents like Marshall’s accident simply can’t happen.

“If that’s what Jay feels like he needs to comment on, he needs to do that,” Elway said. “Personally, I would’ve done it to him. Even though I tried to settle things in the press, looking back over the years, it hasn’t been the right way to do it.”

Elway, the CEO of the Arena Football League’s Colorado Crush, voiced his comments as he talked about his team’s game Friday night with the Cleveland Gladiators, who are co-owned by Bernie Kosar. The two quarterbacks, and their cities, are permanently linked thanks to their postseason meetings.

“Bernie was talking about taking me down on the field. I wouldn’t feel comfortable unless they threw dog bones,” Elway said with a grin.

Elway appreciates Cutler’s attempt to become more of a vocal leader.

“As a quarterback, you’ve got to take a leadership role,” Elway said. “Jay has that last year under his belt. I’m sure he feels a lot better where he’s going. They need someone to take over. That’s a good move on Jay’s part.

“Bottom line, there’s talk and there’s wins,” he said.

Elway couldn’t recall exactly when he earned the trust and respect of his teammates. He said it just stemmed from winning games.

“You’ll feel them follow you,” he said. “There are different ways to lead — everyone has a different way. Jay will have his own personal way, too. It’s just a matter of when you gain the respect of those teammates. That’s when leadership comes. They respect what you’re doing.”

Although the Broncos have missed the playoffs the last two seasons, Elway isn’t concerned about the direction of the team.

“I just know having been in that organization for 16 years, they’re not trying to get worse,” he said. “They’re trying to get better.”

----------------------------------------

Jay Cutler is a pompus jackass.

Dude reminds me of BeautifulRock.

Queen Of Poetry
04-10-2008, 02:13 PM
U know folks should keep they personal feelings to themselves.........when u r on a team u need to settle shit quietly and not let things out to the press..........

Olive Oil Goombah
04-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Like Andy Reid..heeheehee.

King Tron 1
04-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I also don't like Jay Cutler. Or at least not impressed by him.

Queen Of Poetry
04-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Like Andy Reid..heeheehee.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT R U FAT OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding...............little crack on duke that got all pissy with me..........

King Tron 1
04-10-2008, 02:46 PM
And Brett Farve needs to stay home. He has nothing left to prove.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-10-2008, 02:47 PM
hahahaha!!! i bet you have one of thos tight little mcnabb jerseys anyway.

but dirty knowledge is a typical spoiled NY fan...he doenst know how to take criticism

Queen Of Poetry
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
hahahaha!!! i bet you have one of thos tight little mcnabb jerseys anyway.

but dirty knowledge is a typical spoiled NY fan...he doenst know how to take criticism

LOL.............I have McNabb, Dawkins, Westbrook...........I even go old school with White and Cunningham...........

IronFingaz7
04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
I live in SoHo so when the Eagles play the Cowboys u and I need to get together and watch the game..............show u a real fan! We bleed green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Word, and see the Eagles get stomped, lmao. Just messing with you.

P.E.A.C.E.

check two
04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
I was surprised that Favre has went this long without coming out of retirement yet. lol

That was funny when Cutler and the Chargers QB were talking trash at the end of the Broncos/Chargers game last season.

King Tron 1
04-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Man fuck the Chargers, them and their steroid-taking, and everyone acting like nothing happened, asses. And I mean everyone acted like nothing happened.

King Tron 1
04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Who here thinks that the whole NFL Draft is overrated? Well at least if the first round didn't last 14 hours to finish.

Orion Nebulus
04-17-2008, 03:53 PM
It's not overrated to me since the season ended great. :)

I'll be watching it.

King Tron 1
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I just find it annoying, especially since it's on espn. Do they really need all 15 mins each to make a selection?

Olive Oil Goombah
04-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Browns got 3 monday night games. Nice. I hear they are looking to trade Anderson for a high 1st round pick. Possibly to Miami, in which they would select McFadden......but thats just a rumor. Is DA worth that??? I dunno, they do need a QB bad, and they already got Ronnie Brown......do they pass up on Dorsey?

portis24
04-20-2008, 08:33 AM
I just find it annoying, especially since it's on espn. Do they really need all 15 mins each to make a selection?

I believe they actually have cut the time down to 10 minutes for each team in the first round and in the second i think it's 5 minutes

Olive Oil Goombah
04-20-2008, 08:35 AM
The draft shouldn't restructure for television in my opinion.

hectis
04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I think only 2 rounds are on the first day now top

SWAMP WATER
04-20-2008, 01:14 PM

Aint nobody hatin.Luck iz luck,it iz what it iz,and so on.Teams will put eight in the box this year.The Giants have no deep threat,nomore playoff hopes,Im just being real when I speak.

hectis
04-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I hate 8 in the box that's all the vikings seen last year shit some time I think teams put 11 in the box since troy williamson can't catch a ball for the life of him but am hoping this year rice and Bernard Berrian will make the playaction work

portis24
04-20-2008, 09:47 PM
they would'nt put 8 in the box if you had qb who could complete passes when are yall going to realize tavaris jackson is not the anwser

check two
04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Rivals.com posted their NFL top ten worst number one overall picks:

10. QB Michael Vick, Atlanta, 2001 (Virginia Tech)
9. QB David Carr, Houston, 2002 (Fresno State)
8. DE Courtney Brown, Cleveland, 2000 (Penn State)
7. LB Tom Cousineau, Buffalo, 1979 (Ohio State)
6. LB Aundray Bruce, Atlanta, 1988 (Auburn)
5. DT Kenneth Sims, New England, 1982 (Texas)
4. QB Tim Couch, Cleveland, 1999 (Kentucky)
3. DT Steve Emtman, Indianapolis, 1992 (Wash.)
2. RB Ki-Jana Carter, Cincinnati, 1995 (Penn St.)
1. DE Walt Patulski, Buffalo, 1972 (Notre Dame)

Queen Of Poetry
04-22-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL..........that's crazy!

U think Michael Vick will come back to the NFL when he gets out?

King Tron 1
04-22-2008, 02:35 PM
What happened to that Gallery guy that was all hyped up and got drafted by Oakland?

thatKid
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Jets need this de/olb

http://photo.the-ozone.net/photos/2007_2008/Football/07-09-01-FB-0080.jpg

vernon gholston will eat you for a midnight snack

Olive Oil Goombah
04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Vernon Gholston is a stud, trust me i've watched all his games. Jake Long, the tackle from MIchigan, and a possible no. 1 overall got DOMINATED by Gholston this year. Absolutely dominated. That would be a good pick for any team.

I'm glad to see Tim Couch up there for all time busts....that guy was a fuckin joke. I never knew what they saw in him....i wanted Ricky WIlliams at the time.

check two
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I hope Vick doesn't come back to the NFL after his jail time. I don't know if any team would pick him up, except a sorry ass team like the Raiders or something. But they already got a QB that is supposedly good. Vick wasn't that good of a QB to begin with. He can run, but once he slows down with age, what does he have left?

Queen Of Poetry
04-23-2008, 07:27 AM
That's true..............I always thought that he should have been a running back instead of QB..............I know for sure if he does come back, he's gonna get booed and shit thrown on him (especially in Philly)..............LOL

thatKid
04-23-2008, 11:53 AM
That's true..............I always thought that he should have been a running back instead of QB..............I know for sure if he does come back, he's gonna get booed and shit thrown on him (especially in Philly)..............LOL

Wouldn't be as prolific a runner as a straight RB. Maybe, but then you could zero in on just one thing. As a QB, you have to worry about the pass and run. Unless NFL went college and used Run DMC's (Darren "Chicken Legs" McFadden) Wild-Hog crap.

hectis
04-23-2008, 12:24 PM
The vikings got Jared Allan

thatKid
04-23-2008, 01:51 PM
The vikings got Jared Allan

Their already great d-line finally got a pass rusher. While the Jets are still a ? mark.

check two
04-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Vick wasn't a good passer though. So I don't think the defense was too worried about his passing. Maybe he could try and redeem himself a little, and be in the next Lassie movie that comes out. He could get attacked and killed by a chihuaha or something in the movie.

thatKid
04-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Vick wasn't a good passer though. So I don't think the defense was too worried about his passing. Maybe he could try and redeem himself a little, and be in the next Lassie movie that comes out. He could get attacked and killed by a chihuaha or something in the movie.

could the dogs talk in Lassie? saw like a second of a tnt movie with talking dogs

Dirty Knowledge
04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Aint nobody hatin.Luck iz luck,it iz what it iz,and so on.Teams will put eight in the box this year.The Giants have no deep threat,nomore playoff hopes,Im just being real when I speak.

Damn that Giants/Bears game was dope this past season.

Did you catch the last 2 minutes?

Dirty Knowledge
04-23-2008, 02:16 PM
LOL..........that's crazy!

U think Michael Vick will come back to the NFL when he gets out?

Duhhh.... do you honestly think Mike Vick is on the yard right now just a couple yards away from the White Supremasicts?

No!

They have Vick in some hyperthermic chamber or whatever them shits are. Just working out, reading, biding his time until he gets ready to jump out and return to the league. He's in some candy ass jail I bet that's mad watched over -- think Paris Hilton.

I think Vick is gonna come back as either a backup QB, or a WR/RB.. who knows.. something like Marcus Vick did with the Dolphins until he was cut. But some team will be garbage enough and will be looking for "that" guy to put them over, LOL, I can see the sorry ass Bears jumping on Vick when he's released. It's not like they have anyone playing that position!

Dirty Knowledge
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I hate 8 in the box that's all the vikings seen last year shit some time I think teams put 11 in the box since troy williamson can't catch a ball for the life of him but am hoping this year rice and Bernard Berrian will make the playaction work

IF the Vikes played the Giants 16 games a year they'd be 16-0 but that's not the case... LOL... remember the first play in the Giants/Vikes game this year? Tavaris Jackson a fucking 90 yard bomb to one of those shitty Vike's WRs ya'll got. Funny shit it was that game. I can laugh at it now though, of course.

hectis
04-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Their already great d-line finally got a pass rusher. .

yes that's why this is good

portis24
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Fuck Cincinnati C.jhonson Should Be A Redskin

thatKid
04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Fuck Cincinnati C.jhonson Should Be A Redskin

you guys need Anquan Boldin from Arizona

kids a freak, in a good way

hectis
04-23-2008, 08:25 PM
the cards won't trade him damn no one wants to trade there receiver to the skins

thatKid
04-23-2008, 08:28 PM
http://rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=115224

saw this on another website

portis24
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
the cards suck anyway they should let him go to a playoff team like the redskins

Dirty Knowledge
04-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Dan Snyder thinks he's going to hit it big this year again in Free Agency. I hope he does. But the Redskins will never be good because they will always lack true team chemistry under that bum's ownership.

vernon gholston will eat you for a midnight snack

I dunno about Gholston. I heard through the rumor mill that he and Dorsey were asking too much money and that's possibly why the Fins went Long.

Mike Tannenbaum is a smart GM.

I think they may have a shot at getting Chris Long which I could see as being a great fit for the Jets.

Dirty Knowledge
04-24-2008, 12:46 AM
All this talk about Defensive Ends... got me thinking bout a couple of my favorites...

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/medium_osi

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1014/nfl_g_strahan_350.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/Osi-Umenyiora.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/12/09/sports/10giants_slide7.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0giS8ducxFa7J/340x.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2007/11/12/gal_giants_8.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_WAsddLGaYcE/RxvnHvZa_KI/AAAAAAAAA5o/TedN2u5fuW8/s1600/osi.jpg

http://nbcsports.nbcunifiles.com/spts/files/nbcsports/nfl/NFL%20Week%207/dilfersackedbyOsiUmenyiora.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/peter_king/06/17/qbs/p1_strahan.jpg

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/image/2001/sbxxxv/2strahan0127.jpg

http://www.hotstovenewyork.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/osi.jpg

hectis
04-24-2008, 12:58 AM
hmm I thought u would have a few pics from the super bowl your D-line owned brady that day

Dirty Knowledge
04-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Aw man I been posted them shits.

And plus the Chetriots paid Google to remove them all.

No lie, go try.

Dirty Knowledge
04-24-2008, 01:04 AM
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/SPORT/02/04/superbowl.reax/art.jpg

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/080203/080203-tom-brady-sacked-hmed-6p.h2.jpg

BOOYAH!

fuck it!

Orion Nebulus
04-24-2008, 09:09 AM
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/SPORT/02/04/superbowl.reax/art.jpg

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/080203/080203-tom-brady-sacked-hmed-6p.h2.jpg

BOOYAH!

fuck it!

Yeahhhhh represent kid!! ^O^

hectis
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
new england and new york sports fans really must hate each other and that added gas to the fire that super bowl

hectis
04-24-2008, 03:23 PM
so who does everyone want there team to draft this year?

will shockey be traded? will there be any other big trades this year?

Storm
04-26-2008, 06:26 PM
And the Miami streak continues..

Dirty Knowledge
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Giants select safety Kenny Phillips
With first round pick, Giants take U. of Miami safety Kenny Phillips
By Michael Eisen, Giants.com

EAST RUTHERFORD - At first glance, Kenny Phillips and the Giants are the perfect football marriage.

http://assets.giants.com/uploads/assets/PHILLIPS_1.gif

The Giants today used their first-round choice in the NFL Draft, the 31st overall, to select Phillips, a multi-skilled safety from the University of Miami. After losing starting free safety Gibril Wilson to free agency, the Super Bowl champion Giants had targeted safety as a position they hoped to bolster this weekend. Phillips, a 6-2, 213-pounder, was the first safety taken.

“We got nice value and we got a need position as well,” General Manager Jerry Reese said. “That’s what we like to do in the draft. We don’t want to reach for guys. We got what we wanted. We got need and value with this pick.”

“We were pleased to have the opportunity to draft a player of Kenny Phillips’ ability when we did in the bottom of the first round,” Coach Tom Coughlin said. “We had him ranked high. We had him as the best safety on the board. It is a need position for us. He is an excellent football player. He is a guy that will come down in the box and tackle and can play in coverage. He has played over wide receivers during his career. He has a career which gives you the balance and the versatility of a player of his ability with his interceptions, his tackles, etcetera. We are excited to have an opportunity to draft this player. There is great value in this pick and it is a need position, so we have been able to accomplish a bunch of things here with Kenny Phillips."

Phillips played in 34 games with 33 starts in his three seasons with the Hurricanes. He finished his career with 203 tackles (133 solo), 15 stops for losses of 31 yards, one fumble recovery and three forced fumbles. He had seven interceptions for 14 yards in returns and 13 pass deflections. Phillips intercepted three passes against Duke in 2006 to become the first Hurricane with three picks in a game since Bobby Harden (vs. Brigham Young) in 1988.

In 2007, the Miami native started all 12 games and finished with 82 tackles (54 solo), six tackles for losses of 13 yards, two interceptions and three forced fumbles.
Now he joins a defense that allowed just 16.2 points a game in the Giants’ four-game postseason sweep.

“To me it is a blessing,” Phillips said of joining such a strong team. “A lot of guys want to go as high as possible and they don’t fall into teams and fall into situations like I just did. I am going to the reigning Super Bowl champs with a great defense. So I’m going to come in and I’m going to learn and try to make a statement.

“They want me to come in and be that playmaker, they want me to come in and make tackles, make big plays and just be a difference-maker.”

Phillips is capable of playing either safety position.

“I played both in college,” Phillips said. “We were interchangeable. So I can do either one; whatever they want me to do.”

Phillips is the first safety taken by the Giants on the first round since UCLA’s Shaun Williams 10 years ago. Williams, the 24th overall choice in the 1998 draft, was with the Giants for eight seasons.

This is the second year in a row the Giants used their first draft choice to improve their secondary and the fourth consecutive year their top selection was a defensive player. Last year, they took Texas cornerback Aaron Ross, who played in 19 of the Giants’ 20 games, with 12 starts. In 2005, they chose Boston College defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, who is now a linebacker. Their initial selection in 2005 – which was actually in the second round – was LSU cornerback Corey Webster.

Phillips, like Kiwanuka, was the final selection of the first round. But Phillips was 31st instead of 32nd, because the New England Patriots lost their pick as part of their penalty for videotaping opposing teams' signals. Phillips’ selection barely enabled Miami to keep an impressive streak alive – it is the 14th consecutive year a Hurricane was selected on the first round of the draft.

“Every year there is a big write up down here in our papers saying, ‘Will the streak end here?’” Phillips said. “I definitely thought about it, but in the end it really wasn’t something I felt that was going to end. I definitely thought I was going to go in the first round. And it happened, so I’m just happy.”

So are the Giants,who considered themselves fortunate that Phillips was still available at No. 31.

“We do, because we had him ranked as high as we did,” Coughlin said. “This is a very, very sound, solid young man who does have all these attributes going for him. This was good.”

Miami has a long history of sending outstanding safeties to the NFL. Phillips is the fourth Hurricane safety to be chosen in the first round this decade. The group includes Ed Reed, a four-time Pro Bowler with the Baltimore Ravens; Brandon Meriweather, the New England Patriots’ pick in the first round of last year’s draft; and Sean Taylor, who was a stalwart for the Washington Redskins before his tragic death in a shooting incident last November.

“The safety position at Miami is huge,” Phillips said. “We have great secondary coaches. And the reason I think there’s such a tradition is because those guys that went before us like Ed Reed, Bennie Blades and Brandon Meriweather, those guys come back and they teach the young guys like us. They tell us the stuff that made them successful in college and we can add it to our game.”

Phillips becomes the fourth Miami player on the Giants’ roster, joining punter Jeff Feagles, tight end Jeremy Shockey and wide receiver Sinorice Moss, with whom Phillips said he is close.

Before he starred at Miami, Phillips was a Parade All-America at Carol City High School in Miami. As a senior, he was named USA Today’s Defensive Player of the Year.

In his freshman year at Miami in 2005, Phillips did not start the season opener against Florida State. But he took over at free safety in the second quarter when Anthony Reddick suffered an injury and never left the lineup. With the Giants, he’ll have an opportunity to earn a starting job in training camp.

“There are a lot of things we like about Kenny Phillips,” Reese said. “We like his size, we like his speed. He is multi-dimensional. We like those kind of players – guys that have played corner before. We think he can do down and play on your third receiver if he has to. He is smart and he is a good person. We like all of that stuff about him. He was clean. He has been a three-year starter at a high level of competition. And he is young kind that is going to only get better. There’s nothing but upside for this guy.”

hectis
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
this draft seems like it wen on forever since I was waiting for minnesota to pick which came at 43

IronFingaz7
04-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Cowboys take RB Felix Jones from Arkansas, CB Mike Jenkins from South Florida, and TE Martellus Bennett from Texas A&M. I like the picks.

P.E.A.C.E.

hectis
04-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Jones has a good chance of being the offensive rookie of the year

Storm
04-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Cowboys take RB Felix Jones from Arkansas, CB Mike Jenkins from South Florida, and TE Martellus Bennett from Texas A&M. I like the picks.

P.E.A.C.E.

Yea, I think we had a great draft getting the position players needed. We should have gotten a wr though.

Queen Of Poetry
04-27-2008, 03:25 PM
As usual....................Eagles trade their 1st round pick...............I mean, come on................they r so cheap! I am an Eagles fan but they always piss me off!

IronFingaz7
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
As usual....................Eagles trade their 1st round pick...............I mean, come on................they r so cheap! I am an Eagles fan but they always piss me off!

Yep, they'll be losing Week 2 and Week 17, lol. Prepare for it.

P.E.A.C.E.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM

Browns play the Eagles on Monday night this year.....what are we going to wager???

Queen Of Poetry
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Yep, they'll be losing Week 2 and Week 17, lol. Prepare for it.

P.E.A.C.E.

LOL..............maybe week 2 but definately not on week 17.............

Queen Of Poetry
04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Browns play the Eagles on Monday night this year.....what are we going to wager???

Whatever u want..............I'm not worried.............:tease:

Olive Oil Goombah
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
alright then....my gentalia vs. yours sent via phone......that is, if you have that kind of confidence in your team

Queen Of Poetry
04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
alright then....my gentalia vs. yours sent via phone......that is, if you have that kind of confidence in your team

LOL.................uummmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. ....

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
hahaha.......thats wut i thought!!! you kno the eagles aint shiiiiit!!!!!!

but im still willing to wager something.

Queen Of Poetry
04-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh I know they r gonna win! I just didn't want my stomach to be upset when I had to see ur gentalia................

Just kidding............

Olive Oil Goombah
04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
haha...u never kno till you see...

BTW, remember those plaid shorts??? I got compliments on em from the ladies...cuz on me they look fly. She told me i was lookin 'fresh'....oh queenie u will learn to love the shorts.

portis24
04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
redskins got devin thomas,malcom kelly,and fred davis to go along with moss,randel el,and cooley our offense is going to be on point

Olive Oil Goombah
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
WHen you get a decent QB maybe....otherwise i dont see it happening for a few years.

Queen Of Poetry
04-27-2008, 07:09 PM
LOL............true!

portis24
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
we got two good qb's jason campbell and todd collins our backup took us to the playoffs. i hope you don't think brady quinn can lead you to the playoffs if anderson goes down

portis24
04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
and to the eagle fan i wouldn't get my hopes to high you got kevin colb to look foward too

Olive Oil Goombah
04-27-2008, 08:29 PM
LMAO...Jason Campbell and Todd Collins and your comfortable with that???

I'd take Brady Quinn over both of those guys.

11th Chamber
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM

Jason Campbell should be fine.

Looking at the weapons he has, Portis in the backfield and the defense still nice, this should be the year Washington takes a step further altho it will be tough with NY and Dallas in the division.

Lol at Queen thinking the Eagles are gonna do anything

portis24
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM

YES considering we made the playoffs last year while cleavland sat out and watched again how many years has it been now?.Not to mention we play in a far tougher division then the awful afc north the only good team in that division is pittsburgh

Dirty Knowledge
04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Giants select WR Mario Manningham
Michigan WR Mario Manningham drafted by Giants in third round
APRIL 27, 2008

http://assets.giants.com/uploads/assets/MANN_INSIDE.gif

EAST RUTHERFORD - Manning to Manningham.

If the Giants’ wishes come true, that will become one of the team’s top quarterback-wide receiver combinations for many years. With their third choice in the NFL Draft, the 95th overall selection, the Giants today chose Mario Manningham, one of the most productive receivers in the long and proud history of University of Michigan football.

Manningham, a shade under six feet tall and 178 pounds, played three seasons for the Wolverines and finished fourth in school history with 27 touchdown catches, fifth with 2,310 receiving yards and ninth with 137 receptions. Twenty of those 27 touchdowns were more than 20 yards long. One of the wideouts with more career yards at Michigan was Amani Toomer, the Giants’ second-round draft choice in 1996 and now the franchise’s career leader in almost every significant pass-catching category.

In 2007, Manningham was selected first team All-Big Ten. He started 11 of the 12 games in which he played at split end and compiled career-high totals of 72 catches for 1,174 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Like virtually everyone in the draft, Manningham hoped to be selected earlier than he was. But he seemed eminently pleased to become a Giant.
“I was just happy knowing that it is the New York Giants, the Super Bowl champs,” Manningham said. “You can’t ask for anything better than that.

“You never know what can happen, because some players that they had going early, they didn’t go early, and some players they had going late didn’t go late. I am just thankful to get drafted. I am just thankful to be in the position that I am in, playing for the Super Bowl champions and trying to make a return there next year.”

Both Manningham and general manager Jerry Reese were asked about the receiver’s off-the-field issues. About a year ago, he was one of three young men in a car that was stopped by a police officer in Michigan, who found a couple of tablets of Vicodin, a prescription pain killer and controlled substance, in Manningham’s pockets and more in a suitcase in the trunk. Manningham was not charged, though he was suspended for Michigan’s game against Eastern Michigan.

“We did our homework on him,” Reese said. “Yesterday you guys talked about (first-round choice) Kenny Phillips and why didn’t we bring him in. There really wasn’t a lot to bring him in for. We brought this young man in. Our coaches spent a lot of time with him. We interviewed him at the combine. We did our homework on him. He has tremendous value right now where we are picking. We think he will be okay.”

Manningham assured everyone he talked to in the organization that any problems he had are in the past.

“He convinced me, he convinced our coaches – and it’s well documented – that he made a couple of mistakes,” Reese said. “He is a young kid. He is a junior. So hopefully he learned from his mistakes and he will come in here and he will give us a big play threat on the outside. This guy has got the production you want. He has got a big strike on the outside. He gets big strikes on the outside. And that was attractive for us.”

This is the third year in a row the Giants have chosen a receiver in the first three rounds of the draft. Two years ago it was Sinorice Moss and last year’s selection was Steve Smith, both on the second round.
Reese indicated that Manningham’s talent level compares favorably with those receivers taken earlier in this draft.

“Talent-wise, I think the guy could have really gone in the first row,” Reese said. “But at this point at the bottom of the third row, we think this is a guy that has great value and he is talented. He is really talented. And again, we did our homework on him. We have a couple of different testing agencies, psychological testing and stuff that we did with him. We are satisfied that he will be okay. And obviously when he comes in, probably kind of like Ahmad (Bradshaw) last year, we will bring him in and say, ‘Look, this is what it is going to be and we expect you to do that.’ And hopefully he will do that.

Bradshaw also had some collegiate issues off the field and was told told he would be on a short leash after being drafted in the seventh round by the Giants. Bradshaw became an important contributor late in the season and in the playoffs.

“If you are screwing up, we are not going to spend a lot of time on you,” Reese said. “You are on a short leash, just like Ahmad last year – I don’t care if you are seventh round or third round (choice). If you come in here and do the wrong things, we are not going to tolerate that. We don’t think he will do that.”

IronFingaz7
04-27-2008, 10:26 PM
LOL..............maybe week 2 but definately not on week 17.............

Come on, their playing the Cowboys, automatic beating, lol.

P.E.A.C.E.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-28-2008, 07:57 AM
YES considering we made the playoffs last year while cleavland sat out and watched again how many years has it been now?.Not to mention we play in a far tougher division then the awful afc north the only good team in that division is pittsburgh

Didnt we have a better record??? Plus the AFC was far superior to the NFC. Don't get your panties in a knot cuz i spoke the truth. OUr backup is better than your starter.

Orion Nebulus
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Giants select WR Mario Manningham

Michigan WR Mario Manningham drafted by Giants in third round
APRIL 27, 2008

http://assets.giants.com/uploads/assets/MANN_INSIDE.gif

EAST RUTHERFORD - Manning to Manningham.

If the Giants’ wishes come true, that will become one of the team’s top quarterback-wide receiver combinations for many years. With their third choice in the NFL Draft, the 95th overall selection, the Giants today chose Mario Manningham, one of the most productive receivers in the long and proud history of University of Michigan football.

Manningham, a shade under six feet tall and 178 pounds, played three seasons for the Wolverines and finished fourth in school history with 27 touchdown catches, fifth with 2,310 receiving yards and ninth with 137 receptions. Twenty of those 27 touchdowns were more than 20 yards long. One of the wideouts with more career yards at Michigan was Amani Toomer, the Giants’ second-round draft choice in 1996 and now the franchise’s career leader in almost every significant pass-catching category.

In 2007, Manningham was selected first team All-Big Ten. He started 11 of the 12 games in which he played at split end and compiled career-high totals of 72 catches for 1,174 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Like virtually everyone in the draft, Manningham hoped to be selected earlier than he was. But he seemed eminently pleased to become a Giant.
“I was just happy knowing that it is the New York Giants, the Super Bowl champs,” Manningham said. “You can’t ask for anything better than that.

“You never know what can happen, because some players that they had going early, they didn’t go early, and some players they had going late didn’t go late. I am just thankful to get drafted. I am just thankful to be in the position that I am in, playing for the Super Bowl champions and trying to make a return there next year.”

Both Manningham and general manager Jerry Reese were asked about the receiver’s off-the-field issues. About a year ago, he was one of three young men in a car that was stopped by a police officer in Michigan, who found a couple of tablets of Vicodin, a prescription pain killer and controlled substance, in Manningham’s pockets and more in a suitcase in the trunk. Manningham was not charged, though he was suspended for Michigan’s game against Eastern Michigan.

“We did our homework on him,” Reese said. “Yesterday you guys talked about (first-round choice) Kenny Phillips and why didn’t we bring him in. There really wasn’t a lot to bring him in for. We brought this young man in. Our coaches spent a lot of time with him. We interviewed him at the combine. We did our homework on him. He has tremendous value right now where we are picking. We think he will be okay.”

Manningham assured everyone he talked to in the organization that any problems he had are in the past.

“He convinced me, he convinced our coaches – and it’s well documented – that he made a couple of mistakes,” Reese said. “He is a young kid. He is a junior. So hopefully he learned from his mistakes and he will come in here and he will give us a big play threat on the outside. This guy has got the production you want. He has got a big strike on the outside. He gets big strikes on the outside. And that was attractive for us.”

This is the third year in a row the Giants have chosen a receiver in the first three rounds of the draft. Two years ago it was Sinorice Moss and last year’s selection was Steve Smith, both on the second round.
Reese indicated that Manningham’s talent level compares favorably with those receivers taken earlier in this draft.

“Talent-wise, I think the guy could have really gone in the first row,” Reese said. “But at this point at the bottom of the third row, we think this is a guy that has great value and he is talented. He is really talented. And again, we did our homework on him. We have a couple of different testing agencies, psychological testing and stuff that we did with him. We are satisfied that he will be okay. And obviously when he comes in, probably kind of like Ahmad (Bradshaw) last year, we will bring him in and say, ‘Look, this is what it is going to be and we expect you to do that.’ And hopefully he will do that.

Bradshaw also had some collegiate issues off the field and was told told he would be on a short leash after being drafted in the seventh round by the Giants. Bradshaw became an important contributor late in the season and in the playoffs.

“If you are screwing up, we are not going to spend a lot of time on you,” Reese said. “You are on a short leash, just like Ahmad last year – I don’t care if you are seventh round or third round (choice). If you come in here and do the wrong things, we are not going to tolerate that. We don’t think he will do that.”

Good job. The Giants got a safety, corner and a receiver.^O^

Queen Of Poetry
04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
and to the eagle fan i wouldn't get my hopes to high you got kevin colb to look foward too

LOL..........see...........I got McNabb to look forward to.........he's healthy........and hopefully he will remain that way...........

Queen Of Poetry
04-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Come on, their playing the Cowboys, automatic beating, lol.

P.E.A.C.E.

U think huh? I wouldn't go that far now............it's not like everytime we meet the Cowboys beat us.............

King Tron 1
04-28-2008, 12:47 PM
LOL..........see...........I got McNabb to look forward to.........he's healthy........and hopefully he will remain that way...........

McNabb is a highly overrated, underachiever. He has the potential to be a great QB, but doesn't utilize it correctly.

And Check your PM's, damn it.

Queen Of Poetry
04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
McNabb is a highly overrated, underachiever. He has the potential to be a great QB, but doesn't utilize it correctly.

And Check your PM's, damn it.

R u crazy! He's one of the top ranked QB's.............he utilizes.........the problem is the ones that r suppose to catch is, don't.........LOL

King Tron 1
04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
That's why when they are winning, against Dallas, he's dancing and all that, then they start chokin', and all of a sudden he's nursing his "injuries", trying to get sympathy. Right...

Queen Of Poetry
04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
That's why when they are winning, against Dallas, he's dancing and all that, then they start chokin', and all of a sudden he's nursing his "injuries", trying to get sympathy. Right...

Oh thems is fightin words man.............u wanna box!

LOL

King Tron 1
04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Nah not really, I'm not a Cowboys fan, HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLL's No, I'm a Denver fan.

kurupt_kw
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Glad to see the Jaguars make the biggest trade of the day to move up and get the premier DE they needed. Hopefully Derrick Harvey will be an effective piece to the puzzle in the Jags run for the SB.

portis24
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Didnt we have a better record??? Plus the AFC was far superior to the NFC. Don't get your panties in a knot cuz i spoke the truth. OUr backup is better than your starter.

yes the afc is tough but i didn't say it wasn't i said you play in a weak ass divison our backup led us to the playoffs while your's led the practice squad

jonspeaks22
04-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Dolphins this year is going to be at least a 5 win team, but I'm not too crazy about the pick. Hopefully Beck doesn't such this year, but i'll never know

King Tron 1
04-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Dolphins aren't gonna such this year, Bill Parcells is known to turn shit around quickly. Shit he pioneered the one-year turn around.

check two
04-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Well Todd Collins got the Redskins to the playoffs. Until Brady Quinn actually gets on the field and does something, I'm not sure how you can say he's better than Todd Collins. Collins should be the starter on the Redskins. Quinn should stop yapping, cause Derek Anderson is better, and Notre Dame is a horrible team.

check two
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
That was funny when Skip Bayless said that Gholston's play reminds him of Casper(The Friendly Ghost).

Olive Oil Goombah
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
yes the afc is tough but i didn't say it wasn't i said you play in a weak ass divison our backup led us to the playoffs while your's led the practice squad

LOL...if you think Todd Collins is the answer than good luck with that. Quinn isn't playing because DA is a pro-bowler. Its not his fault. Either way we got a Pro Bowler at QB and you have........Todd Collins.
Come on man, you just gotta quit.
Gholston is a beast, he was only a junior. The Jets got themselves a dominant pass rusher.

King Tron 1
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Who the fuck is Todd Collins? I thought Jason Campbell was QB?

Olive Oil Goombah
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Some stiff career backup who had a few games to help washington sneak in the playoffs during a horribley weak year in the NFC.

King Tron 1
04-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Still don't know who you talking about, but the NFC is inferior to the AFC. Especially the Eagles, yeah that one's at you Queenie.

portis24
04-28-2008, 07:30 PM
hey you still didn't answer the queation when was the last time the browns went to the playoffs and i don't think he's the answer but i feel more comfortable with him at qb then brady quinn.if derek anderson gets hurt week 1 your season is finished and you know that if campbell gets hurt we still have a shot.

check two
04-28-2008, 10:45 PM
King Tron,
You must not have been watching NFL football later in the season. lol Cause the Redskins went undefeated while Todd Collins was their QB, and it was a big talked about story. I'm not a Redskins fan, but I'm giving credit where credit is due.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2008, 07:54 AM
hey you still didn't answer the queation when was the last time the browns went to the playoffs and i don't think he's the answer but i feel more comfortable with him at qb then brady quinn.if derek anderson gets hurt week 1 your season is finished and you know that if campbell gets hurt we still have a shot.

IF i recall correctly they went in 2001. Your not hurting my feeling tho, cuz the redskins havent won anything either, so i dont really kno where you going with that. The Browns were better last year and will be better this year.

Brady Quinn, in his only action, led the team down the field for a TD. He hasn't played enough to anoint him a great QB but he hasnt played enough to call him a bad one. But from everything I've seen he will easily be a better player than Todd Collins.

PLease. Have you seen our offense??? Our line is sick, recievers are sick, TE is sick, RB is a beast.....
you really talking out of your ass right now. IM glad we play you this year.

King Tron 1
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
King Tron,
You must not have been watching NFL football later in the season. lol Cause the Redskins went undefeated while Todd Collins was their QB, and it was a big talked about story. I'm not a Redskins fan, but I'm giving credit where credit is due.

I was being somewhat sarcastic, I recall the Redskins making a run towards the end, but was unaware of the QB. Is this guy even worth discussing? I mean he's a backup, are gonna discuss Patrick Ramsey, Chris Simms & Luke McCown?

check two
04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, he's worth bringing up cause he played well and could compete for the starting job.

King Tron 1
04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Well it's April, and you guys are arguing about something that won't matter until August, along with something that happened in November. Like I always say, Last Year ain't got shit do with This Year.

check two
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm not arguing. lol