PDA

View Full Version : NFL Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Dirty Knowledge
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Haha I bet you do playa.

And yes a dynasty is a team that is built to contend year in and year out, 3 in 6 would in my eyes atleast solidify them. I could see the argument that they'd have to win 4 in 7 with this and next year going back 2 back. Every sports dynasty has won atleast two back to back.

check two
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm rooting for the Packers in the Super Bowl. I was surprised the Bears made it a game there in the second half with their third string QB.

A bunch of players were saying that Cutler must not have been that injured, if he was able to stand on the sideline?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-s-NFL-contemporaries-go-after-him-on-Twit?urn=nfl-311321

Dirty Knowledge
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
MroG2oxyiyU

Really? LoL.

Mic Tyson
01-23-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm rooting for the Packers in the Super Bowl. I was surprised the Bears made it a game there in the second half with their third string QB.

A bunch of players were saying that Cutler must not have been that injured, if he was able to stand on the sideline?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-s-NFL-contemporaries-go-after-him-on-Twit?urn=nfl-311321

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA urban meyer rule. its true.

look at all those faggots makin twitter comments when most of them didn't even get in the playoffs. hatin ass niggas. and the bears did better without sorry ass cutler anywya

Dirty Knowledge
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
^^Nigga has family in all the sports dynasties cities, whoa

Mic Tyson
01-23-2011, 09:37 PM
^^Nigga has family in all the sports dynasties cities, whoa

hey wat can say. born in columbus, lived there half my life, lived in LA half my life, and my moms family all from pittsburgh and they still there. Who else am i gonna root for columbus aint got a basketball or football team.

Dirty Knowledge
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Let me guess you don't like the Pirates, Clippers, or Cavs either.

Mic Tyson
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Let me guess you don't like the Pirates, Clippers, or Cavs either.

i don't really like more than one team in each sport and i don't watch baseball. i have been to a pirates and clippers game tho, i don't mind the clippers but i could really care less. Cavs in is cleveland so i don't fuck wit them. I never liked Lebron anyway and i was already livin in LA when i started really watchin basketball.

Hollow Dartz
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I told you niggaz the bears were gonna get exposed. They werent that good to begin with. JAY CULTER is a bum, at least Sanchez didnt bitch out and stayed in the game, this loss definitely hurt and i'm not even a Jets fan, I was just behind them from the start though, both of my superbowl picks are eliminated (Jets vs Eagles). My final pick is Green Bay. See ya'll in two weeks for the wrap up discussion in this thread.

check two
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Rodgers wasn't doing much. They got close to tieing the game up with a third string QB.

Dirty Knowledge
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Golly gee. Can't wait for that Hollow wrap up piece.

Art Vandelay
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Just stopped by to say Black n yellow, black n yellow.

just got home from the game. throwing my shit in the car and headed to indy and cinci for 10 days. only wish we could have played indy tonight so i could have rubbed it in while i'm there.

Hollow Dartz
01-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Golly gee. Can't wait for that Hollow wrap up piece.
lol naw i'm not writing a piece, i'm just talking about everyone who contributes to this thread coming to talk about the super bowl like we do every year and then this thread becomes a desert until next season lol

Dirty Knowledge
01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah no doubt.

And Art, I think the Packers are a little tougher than Seattle and Arizona.

Mic Tyson
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Just stopped by to say Black n yellow, black n yellow.

just got home from the game. throwing my shit in the car and headed to indy and cinci for 10 days. only wish we could have played indy tonight so i could have rubbed it in while i'm there.

damn i know it was cold as fuck out there lol. i went to the chargers game a couple years ago and everybody had to stand in the bathroom n shit cuz that was the only place wit heat.

The XZA
01-24-2011, 02:36 AM
The Packers are being listed as 2 to 3 point favorites. But that don't mean shit. That's pretty much saying it's dead even... anything can happen to change that line. Either way, it's gonna be a hell of a football game.

Art Vandelay
01-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Yeah I was at that chargers playoff game 2 years ago too. Cold as fuck. I was more prepared this time. Only my feet were cold.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Steelers gonna rape that ass

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
^^^I disagree. Packers-27 Steelers-20

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Video of Mendenhall giving Big Ben some of his own medicine. Warning, this is very HOMO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgeR-ZQ-0M

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Dealing with the Jets loss yesterday should be easy for Rex Ryan. We all know he loves dafeet.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
the Jets need a QB

Sanchez aint the guy.

IrOnMaN
01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
This WILL be a classic Superbowl!:)

whitey
01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah no doubt.

And Art, I think the Packers are a little tougher than Seattle and Arizona.

thats for sure tho.

Dirty Knowledge
01-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Dealing with the Jets loss yesterday should be easy for Rex Ryan. We all know he loves dafeet.
http://captionsearch.com/pix/2rub7eoeem.jpghttp://captionsearch.com/pix/2rub7eoeem.jpg

check two
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Tougher defensively, but Arizona had a better offense.

Dirty Knowledge
01-24-2011, 05:53 PM
^Oh thanks for clearing that up.

check two
01-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Just saying that was a solid team.

Dirty Knowledge
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
They were a one hit wonder, please.

check two
01-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Kurt Warner was unstoppable on offense.

Dirty Knowledge
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
In '99.

check two
01-24-2011, 08:48 PM
He was the best QB in the league during the season when the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-24-2011, 10:31 PM
I love how everyone hates on the Steelers.

All they do is play there own brand of football and win. All they do is groom there own players and win.

They dont go out and sign flashy free agents, they dont overpay guys, they let em walk and bring it new talent and keep winning.

Of course, around here, everyone hates Pittsburgh, but thats cuz they are a rival.

I'm hate them when the Browns play em, but truth be told, they play football the way its supposed to be played.

Great owner, great organization, great fan base.

Every other team wishes they had what Pittsburgh has.

They are the anti-Dallas Cowboys

GZAjector
01-24-2011, 11:18 PM
depends on who they're playing, but i guess most of my pittsburgh hate stems from the penguins, and just kind of branches out to other pittsburgh sports.

just like my philly hate comes from the eagles. combined with pittsburgh, i just kind of hate all pennsylvania teams.

the pirates are usually too pathetic to even notice.

GZAjector
01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
although i will admit that what you're saying is true. the steelers really are a hell of an organization and i wish that the redskins of the last 10-20 years were more like them.

Dirty Knowledge
01-25-2011, 03:54 AM
I love how everyone hates on the Steelers.

All they do is play there own brand of football and win. All they do is groom there own players and win.

They dont go out and sign flashy free agents, they dont overpay guys, they let em walk and bring it new talent and keep winning.

Of course, around here, everyone hates Pittsburgh, but thats cuz they are a rival.

I'm hate them when the Browns play em, but truth be told, they play football the way its supposed to be played.

Great owner, great organization, great fan base.

Every other team wishes they had what Pittsburgh has.

They are the anti-Dallas Cowboys

Hahaha.

Dirty Knowledge
01-25-2011, 03:55 AM
He was the best QB in the league during the season when the Cardinals went to the Super Bowl.

Oh, alright. I believe you.

wuswordz95
01-25-2011, 04:26 PM
the stellers are the luckiest nfl team in the history. all the passes penislessberger make are against the law of physics. the ball magically drops in to the receivers hands. the stellers hired a witch doctor to curse the ravens. cuz we all know the ravens are the better team. the stellers are a joke. they didnt even score in the 2nd half. the browns and ciiny are in thier divison. what a joke. the dallas cowboys should play the winner

The XZA
01-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Yeah, the Ravens are a better team. That's why their "excellent" set of receivers didn't know how to catch a ball, or even get open, during the playoff game. And that's why they almost lost to the Steelers' fourth string QB in Week Four.

I guess a team is a joke when they can get up 24-3 in the first half.

Mic Tyson
01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
the stellers are the luckiest nfl team in the history. all the passes penislessberger make are against the law of physics. the ball magically drops in to the receivers hands. the stellers hired a witch doctor to curse the ravens. cuz we all know the ravens are the better team. the stellers are a joke. they didnt even score in the 2nd half. the browns and ciiny are in thier divison. what a joke. the dallas cowboys should play the winner

u are a fucking idiot

Olive Oil Goombah
01-26-2011, 10:06 AM
joe flacco is not Ben Roethlisberger....

thats what seperates both teams really.

Big Ben makes plays, avoids sacks...and its why the steelers come up big in the clutch.

At the end of every game, there is a play or two that will either be made or not....the steelers made their plays, the Ravens didnt.

Its that simple.

wuswordz95
01-26-2011, 03:46 PM
i am a genuis. the stellers suck. they really do. they really do. IF they ares so good then why cant they beat brady? when was the last time they swept the ravens? how come they didnt beat the saints? in 2009 they lost to the browns. The stellers are a fraud. everybody knows the niners are the real champs every superbowl oppnt were so fucking tough. the 1995 niners would cream todays stellers.

Mic Tyson
01-26-2011, 05:44 PM
damn nicky didn't know u like the steelers so much lol. and the last time they swept the ravens was 2 years ago when they won their 6TH CHAMPIONSHIP..... we beat them 3 times actually that year. The only times they beat us the past 2 years is when Ben and Troy P was injured. If the steelers are a fraud, why we got 6 championships? make a list of teams who got more championships than the steelers.

and fuck brady, the jets handled them niggas for us

Dirty Knowledge
01-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Dooch def. got Stockholm Syndrome ^^^

A perverted twisted version of it since we're dealing with sports -- he's gone through so much torment in the sports world that he's now just giving all of his "Captors" so much fucking love. Like, not respect love. "They're good" love. He's literally clinging to teams like the Steelers and the Celtics. Pretty much bandwagoning them. OBviously the C'z since they're gonna be playing LeBron, he's gonna be rockin' his Pierce jersey for that series.

Mic Tyson
01-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Dooch def. got Stockholm Syndrome ^^^

A perverted twisted version of it since we're dealing with sports -- he's gone through so much torment in the sports world that he's now just giving all of his "Captors" so much fucking love. Like, not respect love. "They're good" love. He's literally clinging to teams like the Steelers and the Celtics. Pretty much bandwagoning them. OBviously the C'z since they're gonna be playing LeBron, he's gonna be rockin' his Pierce jersey for that series.

hahahahahaahah its true. he used to talk a lot of shit about the steelers, which is expected, but now all hes talkin about is how great they are. Jesus christ bein a cleveland fan is the worst thing in the world.

Dirty Knowledge
01-26-2011, 07:21 PM
yeah its pretty sad at the same time hil-ar-i-ous

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-27-2011, 10:10 AM
damn nicky didn't know u like the steelers so much lol. and the last time they swept the ravens was 2 years ago when they won their 6TH CHAMPIONSHIP..... we beat them 3 times actually that year. The only times they beat us the past 2 years is when Ben and Troy P was injured. If the steelers are a fraud, why we got 6 championships? make a list of teams who got more championships than the steelers.

and fuck brady, the jets handled them niggas for us

We? Nice to know we have an actual member of the Steelers organization on here.

Art Vandelay
01-27-2011, 10:23 AM
everybody knows the niners are the real champs every superbowl oppnt were so fucking tough.

yeah, i remember everyone fearing the bengals led by ickey woods and solomon wilcox

the 1995 niners would cream todays stellers.

95 49ers couldn't get past the cowboys who only beat the steelers in the super bowl because of odonnell's 2 horrible interceptions with no steeler receiver around.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-27-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not a total homer.

I'll give credit where its due. I'm not blinded by fanaticism and dick riding.

Its what makes me the most knowledgable sports fan here, which is really not saying to much, cuz 99% of you are clueless morons fascinated with sportcenter highlights.

I'm not a fan of the Steelers, i have more hatred for them than anyone in here, BUT the fact remains..

they are not anything close to a fraud. This years Chicago Bears? THATS A FRAUD.

The Steelers have been doing this for years now. They have been the real deal. There organization is probably the best in the NFL.

Anyone who debates this is either hurt they lost to them, or too much of a homer for their own good.

The XZA
01-27-2011, 12:15 PM
We? Nice to know we have an actual member of the Steelers organization on here.

Don't pull that shit.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't pull that shit.

Too late.

Compulsion
01-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm not a total homer.

I'll give credit where its due. I'm not blinded by fanaticism and dick riding.

Its what makes me the most knowledgable sports fan here, which is really not saying to much, cuz 99% of you are clueless morons fascinated with sportcenter highlights.

I'm not a fan of the Steelers, i have more hatred for them than anyone in here, BUT the fact remains..

they are not anything close to a fraud. This years Chicago Bears? THATS A FRAUD.

The Steelers have been doing this for years now. They have been the real deal. There organization is probably the best in the NFL.

Anyone who debates this is either hurt they lost to them, or too much of a homer for their own good.

I hate the Steelers as much as anyone, but they aren't frauds.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-27-2011, 03:14 PM
its like calling the Jordan era Bulls frauds...you cant fake championships. You cant fake multiple championships.

wuswordz95
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
the superbowl is just based on a tournament where lucks comes in hand. it should be a round robin double elimination tournament. i would like to see the stellers avoid 2 losses. that would never happen.

Art Vandelay
01-27-2011, 04:33 PM
^

ICan't believe there's somebody less knowledgeable about and with crazier ideas than check 2.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-27-2011, 10:35 PM
LOL round robin in football?

i can see u making this arguement in college, but the pro's playoff system always gets the best team.

Look at all the super bowl champs thruout the years and its usually the best team or a team that is supremely talented.

The Giants may have gotten a little lucky cuz of that miraculous catch by Tyree, but its not like they werent a great team. Just getting to the super bowl is hard enough.

Wuswordz cried when pissburgh beat his team.

Visionz
01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
the superbowl is just based on a tournament where lucks comes in hand. it should be a round robin double elimination tournament. i would like to see the stellers avoid 2 losses. that would never happen.
Haha what a fucktard

Art Vandelay
01-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Green Lantern: Chewed Up And Spit Out In*Pittsburgh January 25, 2011 10:13 am By Jeff Capellini, CBSNewYork.com PITTSBURGH (CBS 2) –*For all of its glitz and glamour, the new Meadowlands Stadium will never be Heinz Field — even if the Jets or Giants become the best team*in football for an extended period of time. Steelers Nation has us over a barrel. I know. I saw it myself first hand. I may never be the same. The truth is you’d be hard-pressed to find any*stadium*in any sport as intimidating as*Heinz. At least not in January with a trip to the Super Bowl at stake. Everything you’ve heard about*Pittsburgh and its love for its football team is true. But since we live in a talk is cheap society, the only way to know for sure is to visit the Steel City and see for yourself. So*I attended the AFC Championship game on Sunday,*totally*mindful of*the city’s*reputation for being unforgiving to opposing fans. But as I sit here and type away following the 400-mile trip back to the tri-state area on Monday (it took much of the six-hour trip to get the feeling back in my fingers), I can tell you without hesitation that*Pittsburgh’s reputation and love for all things gold and black is very much for real. It’s in your face and it’s relentless. You’ve heard stories about the “Black Hole” in Oakland and the hatred Philadelphia fans have for basically everyone, including their very own teams and players. You’ve seen the fans up in Boston do a number on Yankees fans and the folks out in Foxborough lay into Jets supporters. Everyone by now is aware of what a trip to the Bronx is like, especially in October. Trust me, they don’t hold a candle to the ferocity of Pittsburgh fans. It didn’t really matter that the Jets beat the Steelers at Heinz back in Week 15. It didn’t matter that the Jets were flying high after having beaten both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in their houses the previous two weeks. None of it made any difference to the Steelers fan whatsoever. That’s because, to*a man and woman, the people of Steelers Nation know that at home in the playoffs their team is better than everyone else, period. They carry themselves in a way that pushes the envelope of sportsmanship to the edge, but never quite oversteps the imaginary boundaries. Only 312,000 people live in Pittsburgh, but on game day all 312,000 are a united front against all enemies — foreign, domestic, you name it. To put it simply, the city of Pittsburgh may very well be the single greatest homefield advantage anywhere in professional sports. We, as Jets fans, had — or at least thought we had — strength in numbers. Looking back, it’s real easy to understand why we totally missed the boat on that one. It started about 50 miles west along I-76. Every last road sign*warned us*about a lot more than slippery roads. “GO STEELERS”*was*flashing on*every last sign. Every car had a Steelers flag or decal. People at rest stops looked at us funny, as if to say “Oh boy, fresh meat.” We were eventually*greeted with a rather spectacular sight at night.*Sitting at the base of*a mountain lies the NFL’s model city. Sure, it also has the Pirates and Penguins — and of course the latter is rather tremendous in its own right — but make no mistake, Pittsburgh is football country. Stanley Cup championships and dreams of a .500 season in baseball are merely just distractions until football season starts. We got to our hotel, which was located about three miles from Heinz, and it took about 12 seconds for the assault to begin. We walked into the lobby. We weren’t even wearing Jets gear and they knew. I immediately envisioned my credit card being charged double or triple. Fans*just started pointing and snickering. The guy at the registration desk did his best not to laugh at us. The Penguins were on the TV playing the Hurricanes. Only the presence of a few foreigners from New York could tear their eyes away from the screen. And even then it was just for a second. They shot their looks of death, shook their heads in disgust and then went back to watching the game. Saturday night in Pittsburgh was an event. Through Twitter we put together a group of about 20 Jets fans and we decided to try our luck on Carson Street, or the other official place where opposing fans go to get ridiculed. Upon entering “Jack’s,” more of a college bar where trouble wouldn’t need much of an invitation, I saw near-retirement age men wearing the types of Mark Sanchez T-shirts that decorum prevents me from describing here. We did take solace, however, in the fact that beer prices were very manageable. I will take to the grave the opinion that the bartenders and bouncers only allowed us to comandeer their establishment because our green, in a lot of cases, was more plentiful than what they were used to receiving. There were no incidents to speak of, but there was plenty rewriting of the Jets’ main chant. You can probably imagine what was said. Again, it was sort of par for the course, but what made it insane was it never stopped. You’d think the Jets were the worst team in the league with the way the Pittsburgh people were talking. So what if the Jets won*there a month ago. The stakes*were higher now and the cream always rises to the top in Pittsburgh, they said. It most certainly did as we all saw. Jets fans brave the elements at a tailgate outside Heinz Field on Jan. 23, 2011. (Photo/ Jeff Capellini) After several hours of battling the hometown fans we worked our way over to Primanti Bros., arguably the greatest sandwich place in North America. It’s so good it’s open 24 hours a day. The guys working there laughed at us initially, but the New York cash roll rule was still in play so they did their best to behave, along the way telling us how lucky we were to get there when we did. Why? Because unbeknownst to us we*had arrived before last call at the bars.*If we had shown up 45*minutes*later we would’ve been*in the deep end of the pool with about 200 sharks. We spent the better part of Sunday preparing for what we thought would be the Jets’ coronation from team on the cusp of greatness to one that would finally end the 42-year drought between Super Bowl appearances. We dressed for the bitterly cold temperatures cautiously, trying to imagine how the players would*go about their business*in the locker room. I mean I literally asked my buddy Dom for a roll of tape. The only thing missing was John Facenda’s voice over an NFL soundtrack playing in the background Again, we were foolish. We were noobs. We were stupid enough to listen to our hearts. The fine people at JetNation.com put together a massive tailgate about a half-mile from Heinz for any Jets fan that survived Saturday night. We had a ton of people. We ate like kings not knowing it was really a last supper of sorts. No matter how well we thought we dressed for the elements we quickly found out that Pittsburgh is*really the North Pole and that we’d*actually slept through our trips and been unaware that we took a detour through the Bermuda Triangle. It was a rather standard tailgate until around 5:30 p.m. when we all decided to head to Heinz. This is where things really got intense. You have to walk*that half-mile and for our group it was more like walking death row. I kid you not. Fans of all ages in our faces, some throwing snowballs. Profanity brought up to an art form. Old ladies giving us*the evil eye. Children giving us the finger. College-age males railing away on us like we tried to dance with their dates. It was crazy. At most NFL stadiums it’s now an ordeal to get inside. Security is rightfully a very slow, arduous*process so, like in the image shown above, you’re often packed in tight like sardines. At the Meadowlands, no problem. Someone will say something funny and it will help pass the time. But at Heinz? Ha. Did I mention before how much they don’t like Sanchez? Well, add Rex Ryan to that list as well. It almost felt as if I was Rex and my buddy was Sanchez and the guy next to him was Antonio Cromartie. Once inside it was get a beer or go to the bathroom at your own risk. Teaming up was a must, not that it would have made much difference if someone in gold and black or green and white had had too much to drink. The bathrooms were an event. You’re waiting on line and you have a choice to make. Do your business now and deal with the wrath or be uncomfortable for a while. Either way, you were going to be uncomfortable. The upper deck of the north end zone at Heinz, the “Lost” island of western Pennsylvania, as I like to think of it, was just madness. You sit down, the fans are on you. God forbid you cheered once, you were*ducking a flying beer. We just prayed Sanchez or the defense could find a way to get the Jets on the board early. Of course, that didn’t happen and by the time it was 17-0 in the second quarter we knew only a true act of NFL Jesus was going to spare us the true humiliation that we had yet to experience. The Jets did salvage what was left of our lives with a spirited and frantic comeback in the second half, but, alas, Jets Nation was left wondering if Year 43 of the wait would be the final year. The abuse died down a bit as we dispersed following the final gun, mostly because the Steelers faithful had shifted their hatred of the puny Jets to the mighty Packers. We were left to fend for ourselves on the three-mile trek back to where we would lay our heads. Some guys suggested going out to a bar to drown in our sorrows, but I knew somehow that would be a bad idea so we, for sake of a better term, jetted to the relative safety of our hotel. The six-hour drive home on Monday was filled with your typical lamenting of what could’ve been. Luckily for me my travel partners were diehard Jets fans with good heads on their shoulders and lots of perspective. We got over it pretty quickly — the loss, that is. What we will always take with us is the beatdown we received in the belly of the beast. As the sun set Monday evening we pulled up alongside the new Meadowlands Stadium. One of my buddies laughed while announcing we had come full circle. Not me, I thought to myself. Part of me died in Pittsburgh. And*those ravenous fans*dragged what was left of my*soul through the streets.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-28-2011, 10:25 AM
The Fish has been fried. I will always respect Jeff Fisher. He took the Titans farther than they had ever been before, but not far enough. It was time, and I'm thankful that Bud Adams finally saw that. Not sure who I would like to see take over in Nashville yet, but I'm glad there's finally going to be a change. I don't know who will be the Titans coach next year, and I don't know who will be their QB either, but I know it was time for the stache to go. Word is they may hire Mike Munchak. I would be happy with that. I have heard Titans players suggest he would be a great head coach in the past, and he has turned down many offers to go elsewhere to stay with the organization.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Vince Young....i told you he would bring your franchise down.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Vince Young....i told you he would bring your franchise down.

Fisher would have been fired after last season if Vince didn't come in and save his job. Bud Adams has already stated that Vince Young will "still not be brought back in 2011" This decision was not about Vince Young. Funny you would word that like that, cuz this decision was about Jeff Fisher bringing the franchise down. Not Vince Young. I can't help but type it one more time for you. Last 2 years the Titans are 12-4 with Vince, and 2-14 with the guy that Fisher wanted to play instead of Vince. So I ask you, how could you possibly put more blame on Vince than Fisher for "bringing the franchise down?" For the record, I am personally excited that we are finally getting a new coach, and don't feel that the franchise has been brought down at all. Brought down from what? We've never won the big one. Never! I have more hope that we will fairly soon than I did with Fisher. I hate to say that about Fisher, cuz I was a big Fisher supporter for a long time, but he's just been fucking up for a while now, and it was Fisher who was "bringing the franchise down" if anyone was imo.

Art Vandelay
01-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Remember just 2 short years ago, you were saying the titans were the best team in the league and that albert haynesworth was the best defensive player?

How the times have changed

Olive Oil Goombah
01-28-2011, 12:29 PM
delusional homers are the worst.

Visionz
01-28-2011, 06:17 PM
delusional homers are the worst.
I think you're mad because you have absolutely nothing to get delusional about. At least not since the days of Kosar. Keep your head up though, Colt could be killer in the right West Coast scheme and he's handled the pressures of the NFL well.

Mic Tyson
01-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I think you're mad because you have absolutely nothing to get delusional about. At least not since the days of Kosar. Keep your head up though, Colt could be killer in the right West Coast scheme and he's handled the pressures of the NFL well.

hahahahahahaha

yo Art u ever been to the celebration parade after the superbowl? after pittsburgh wins im thinkin about comin up there for the parade and shit.

Art Vandelay
01-28-2011, 07:02 PM
No. Wasn't able to with work. But I was at the penguins stanley cup parade in 92 and 2009. Haha

GZAjector
01-28-2011, 09:01 PM
art had his own parade after the win in 09

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pittsburgh-steelers-fan.jpg

on a serious level though, the texans need to fire gary kubiak right fucking now, or at least demote him, and then throw a shit-ton of cash at fisher. how fuckin ill would that be if he went to the former city of the titans and got to play them twice a fucking year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GZAjector
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM
^very ill

Olive Oil Goombah
01-28-2011, 09:05 PM

nah, im not one of those browns fans who is mad at other teams for being great.

i just call it like I see it. The Browns still need alot.

They need more defense but I think A.J. Green will be the guy cuz they need to give McCoy someone.

He did well....very accurate and thats huge in the west coast.

But he does not throw the deep ball well at all, so yes im glad they went with Shurmur, it was the right fit.

Visionz
01-28-2011, 11:07 PM
on a serious level though, the texans need to fire gary kubiak right fucking now, or at least demote him, and then throw a shit-ton of cash at fisher. how fuckin ill would that be if he went to the former city of the titans and got to play them twice a fucking year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having suffered through the Carr years I'm ok with sticking with Kubes for at least one more year to see if he can get it done with at worst a mediocre D. Our offense has been good to great depending on which game we're talking about. Them coming out flat does concern me but it could and has been a whole lot worse. A decent D could have won us 4 or so more games last year and we had the toughest schedule in the league.

In the end only time will tell. I just don't want to see a scenario where the offense and its schemes get blown up and have to start from scratch as its really not needed.

nah, im not one of those browns fans who is mad at other teams for being great.

i just call it like I see it. The Browns still need alot.

They need more defense but I think A.J. Green will be the guy cuz they need to give McCoy someone.

He did well....very accurate and thats huge in the west coast.

But he does not throw the deep ball well at all, so yes im glad they went with Shurmur, it was the right fit.

That was his MO in college, most of his throws were 20 yards or closer with the occassional deep ball to Shipley but throwing for over 70% in college is a great indicator of future success. I definitely think in the right scheme he could dink and dunk a lot of teams to death.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2011, 08:41 AM
we'll see....im not on his bandwagon just yet, he's got alot to prove.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Remember just 2 short years ago, you were saying the titans were the best team in the league and that albert haynesworth was the best defensive player?

How the times have changed

How would you know that? Do I know you personally or something? I wasn't even registered on this site 2 years ago. That said, imo the Titans were the best team in the league 2 seasons ago, and imo, Albert Haynesworth was the most dominate defensive player in the league that year. Yes, times have changed. They do that.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2011, 10:38 AM
the only problem with the Titans then was they didnt haVe a QB....Vince Young or Kerry Collins isn't going to cut it.

PLus they haven't had a decent wideout since Derrick Mason.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I told you all of this....i told you Vince would do nothing but bring that franchise down.

But you refused....you were blinded by your homerism.

NOw, i can see,....i told ya so

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-29-2011, 11:03 AM
i told you Vince would do nothing but bring that franchise down.

Yes you did. How did he do so? By winning? By being the highest rated QB in the league before getting hurt this year? What did VY ever do to bring the franchise down?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2011, 11:13 AM
by being a prima donna and clashing with his coach. By not being able to carry them to a super bowl.

by getting jeff fisher fired and himself so disliked that the team doesnt want him back.

By not beating quality opponents int he biggest of games.

LOL...the highest rated QB??

hilarious....lol...oh yeeea, im taking Vince young oer Brady, Big Ben, Peyton, Aaron Rodgers and all of them....he's got the highest rating u kno..

Your a fucking idiot. VINCE YOUNG WILL NEVER WIN A SUPER BOWL. i'd bet eerything i have on it. without batting an eye

Art Vandelay
01-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Quarterbacks with higher career passer rating than vince young.

Shaun Hill
Neil Lomax
Damon Huard
Kyle Orton
Chris Chandler
Bert Jones (who?)
Jay Fiedler
Stan Humphries

Dirty Knowledge
01-29-2011, 02:05 PM
It's Super Bowl week almost and ya'll are talking about the Titans.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-29-2011, 02:26 PM
LOL...the highest rated QB??

After 8 games this season, Vince Young had the highest QB rating in the NFL this season. That is not debatable. It is a fact. Over the last 2 years the Titans are 12-4 with Vince, and 2-14 without him, and he got Fisher fired? Lol @ you getting all emo and calling me names! Whether Vince Young ever wins a super bowl or not he WAS the highest rated QB in the league halfway through this past season, and Jeff Fisher got himself fired. I'm an idot?

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Shaun Hill
Neil Lomax
Damon Huard
Kyle Orton
Chris Chandler
Bert Jones (who?)
Jay Fiedler
Stan Humphries

I never made an arguement based on his career rating. He has imroved drastically. Btw, he is more of a winner than all of those guys put together.

Dirty Knowledge
01-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Ehhh..I dunno. Jay Fiedler had some good years with the Fins.

Dirty Knowledge
01-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Oh and BTW Humphries didn't he lead the Chargers to a Super Bowl?
And I do believe the 92 Chargers are the only team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs.

Art Vandelay
01-29-2011, 03:13 PM
It was the 94 chargers. Watched that dickhead throw that td pass to alfred popunu at 3 rivers. Worst loss I've ever witnessed

Dirty Knowledge
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Yes it was the 94 team that went.
But the 92 team also made the playoffs.
And are the only team ever to go to the playoffs after starting 0-4.
I think "VY" has a little more work to do.

battle?
01-29-2011, 03:59 PM
qb rating or mvp's have nothing to do w/it.its all about the ring @ the end of the season.

The XZA
01-30-2011, 03:07 AM

Yeah, they probably should have canned Kubiak. Not to say he's a terrible coach; there are plenty of worse ones out there. Kubiak can sure as hell put together talent through the draft and such too. But when Bill Cowher said he'd coach the Texans, I was ready for Kubiak to be let go right then and there. Fisher is a damn good coach, but I'd take Cowher over Fisher, especially with the defense that the Texans have slowly put together.

The XZA
01-30-2011, 03:15 AM
After 8 games this season, Vince Young had the highest QB rating in the NFL this season. That is not debatable. It is a fact. Over the last 2 years the Titans are 12-4 with Vince, and 2-14 without him, and he got Fisher fired? Lol @ you getting all emo and calling me names! Whether Vince Young ever wins a super bowl or not he WAS the highest rated QB in the league halfway through this past season, and Jeff Fisher got himself fired. I'm an idot?

He's totally right; Vince Young did have the highest passer rating. I know there's a lot of arguments against VY, but the reality is that on the field, he's more than half-decent. Just because he's an emotional bitch off the field doesn't mean he's not a good QB, and that's the problem Fisher had. He would rather view VY for his off-field issues than for his on-field performance. There's QBs better than VY, but I'd take him over probably any QB that isn't on the upper-tier.

Shaun Hill
Neil Lomax
Damon Huard
Kyle Orton
Chris Chandler
Bert Jones (who?)
Jay Fiedler
Stan Humphries

Throwin this out there, I'm sick of Kyle Orton getting bashed; that guy played for Chicago for fuck's sake. Of course he wasn't gonna be a motherfucking hero there, not throwing to the people he was throwin to. And he turned Brandon Marshall into one of the best receivers in the league this year, if not considered the best, statistically. He's a lot better than people give him credit for.

qb rating or mvp's have nothing to do w/it.its all about the ring @ the end of the season.

Yeah, it is all about the ring. But the point is, Vince did a good job at his position this year. You can't try to argue that Tom Brady's 2007 season was nothing just cause he didn't finish with a ring. He set a bunch of records that year and went 16-0. Success is surely measured in Lombardis, but not strictly. If records didn't matter we wouldn't care so damn much about them. Plus the media wouldn't have made such a big deal about Favre not getting to 300.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-30-2011, 02:43 PM
He's totally right; Vince Young did have the highest passer rating. I know there's a lot of arguments against VY, but the reality is that on the field, he's more than half-decent. Just because he's an emotional bitch off the field doesn't mean he's not a good QB, and that's the problem Fisher had. He would rather view VY for his off-field issues than for his on-field performance. There's QBs better than VY, but I'd take him over probably any QB that isn't on the upper-tier.

Don't even try to talk sense into Tooch. If we actually dug up the stat that showed that Young led the NFL in QB rating, he just wouldn't comment on it. He will run off at the mouth about how ridiculous it is for me to say that, and call me a "fucking idiot" and then when he's proven wrong he'll ignore it and talk about Super Bowls. The guy actually claims VY got Fisher fired!!!! It has been proven beyond any doubt that Jeff Fisher would rather play Collins and lose than play Young and win, and the Titans are wrong for firing him? Lol! I guess the Titans are stupid for wanting to win. some of it is probably the fact that he is in fact the idiot, and then you have the fact that he's a Browns fan to screw up his football logic further.

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Browns fans are actually some of the most passionate fans in the WORLD. Do you even know about "The Ohio League"? VY has a lot to prove and the bottom line is -- THE BOOK AIN'T CLOSE ON VINCE YET. If he retires next year; HE'LL BE A FOOTNOTE AT BEST.

GZAjector
01-30-2011, 03:46 PM
i'd take vince young over mcnabb in a heartbeat. actually i would take him over every single redskins qb since mark rypien. but that's not to say that he's even that good, although in his own mind he is a future hall of famer.

he must of meant college hall of fame.

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 03:58 PM
That's not saying much. Because Rypien WAS your last good QB. And you would take Vince now over McNabb present or Vince now over McNabb past, present, future? To me McNabb has had ten times the career... and in his prime? Shit I'd take McNabb ten times outta ten over Young.

GZAjector
01-30-2011, 04:07 PM
i mean right now of course.

but all of mcribs best days as an eagle mean nothing to me because i hated his guts then. i gave him the benefit of the doubt when he became a redskin, but i still hate him. just like when jeff hostetler became a redskin, sorry ass moustache.

i hope they draft a qb who isn't cam newton

battle?
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah, it is all about the ring. But the point is, Vince did a good job at his position this year. You can't try to argue that Tom Brady's 2007 season was nothing just cause he didn't finish with a ring. He set a bunch of records that year and went 16-0. Success is surely measured in Lombardis, but not strictly. If records didn't matter we wouldn't care so damn much about them. Plus the media wouldn't have made such a big deal about Favre not getting to 300.

no i can argue tom bradys season was nothing because he didnt finish.
we did rise a 16-0 banner @ foxboro that i was @ , but not having the trophy there means nothing
an being a patriot fan i can tell u stats meen nothing an it is all about the bling!!
people that r pats fans talk about the blings way more than the stats..

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Hahah Jeff Hostetler. JEA!

battle?
01-30-2011, 07:42 PM
42-0 4:32 left in the 2nd..wtf

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
hahahahaa this just a preview of next sunday for the packers

Olive Oil Goombah
01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
It was the 94 chargers. Watched that dickhead throw that td pass to alfred popunu at 3 rivers. Worst loss I've ever witnessed

I remember he used to pretend the football was a coconut.

Baraka....I'm just hitting you with the cold hard truth. If the goal is a Super Bowl, than I personally dont think Vince Young can take them there.

As QB you cannot be immature. You have to be a leader, not a hot head, you gotta be able to THROW the football accurately, read defenses, etc. Clutchness.

Look at the two QBs in the super bowl.....look at the past 10 QBs to win a super bowl. They all have these qualities in common and Young really has none of them.

As a Browns fan I know about busts at QB.....We had a bunch of people clinging to what Tim Couch coulda been, blah blah blah..

fact of the matter is, he sucked. Yes, Young is better than couch but what does that say?

not much.

Is Young better than Kerry Collins? Probably. Is Kerry Collins a great QB? NO.

Vince Young isn't the answer and Jeff Fisher wasn't the problem.

battle?
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
this vince young discussion should not be re-visited for some time

Compulsion
01-31-2011, 12:36 AM
people that r pats fans talk about the blings way more than the stats..

Every single sports fan talks about whatever makes their team look the best. :yes:

GZAjector
01-31-2011, 07:31 AM
and what makes the seahawks look best

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVi_tLu9UZBccBG4mmiwT4Mrrb7eZ-sqMo4PvDvRYkx0h9n0Uu&t=1

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I remember he used to pretend the football was a coconut.

Baraka....I'm just hitting you with the cold hard truth. If the goal is a Super Bowl, than I personally dont think Vince Young can take them there.

As QB you cannot be immature. You have to be a leader, not a hot head, you gotta be able to THROW the football accurately, read defenses, etc. Clutchness.

Look at the two QBs in the super bowl.....look at the past 10 QBs to win a super bowl. They all have these qualities in common and Young really has none of them.

As a Browns fan I know about busts at QB.....We had a bunch of people clinging to what Tim Couch coulda been, blah blah blah..

fact of the matter is, he sucked. Yes, Young is better than couch but what does that say?

not much.

Is Young better than Kerry Collins? Probably. Is Kerry Collins a great QB? NO.

Vince Young isn't the answer and Jeff Fisher wasn't the problem.

Enough with Vince Young. He's gonna be gone anyway. How can you say Fisher wasn't the problem? He would rather lose games and one player off of the field, than win them with him on the field over personal issues. I can't really see how anyone could argue against that fact. Now that we've established that, you don't think a coach caring more about being right about a particular player not being the guy, than winning football games is a problem? I know Jeff Fisher is a good coach, but he let his own personal issues with being forced to draft Young against his wishes affect the team in a horrible way. Fisher didn't deserve all of the blame for the problems between him and Young, but he's the coach, and he was VERY unprofessional about it from day one. He knew Young was emotionally fragile, and he played on it, and it finally worked. Unfortunately for him (Fisher) he had screwed the team up so badly in the process, he got himself fired. You disagree? i honestly believe that if VY had a coach who supported him from day one, we wouldn't have seen the emotional outbursts from him. i'm not saying VY is the best QB in the league, but he was far better than Fisher ever thought he would be, and Fisher was too stubborn to admit it, and deal with it like a coach should.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Every single sports fan talks about whatever makes their team look the best. :yes:

Ok.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Fisher is smart. He knew Vince Young was never going to be a great QB. From day 1. Emotionally fragile?

LOL those are the guys you want to pay millions for and lead your team right?

Since you're teh stat man, show me the combined winning percentage of the teams Young beat during that 14-2 stretch you always talk about.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-31-2011, 10:49 AM
It was 12-4, and I don't care to go look it up, and it doesn't matter when the team was 2-14 without him. The point I'm making is that Fisher cared more about being right about Young than winning. Which is completely unacceptable. No? Yes, VY is emotionally fragile. You haven't noticed?

Art Vandelay
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Green Bay fans, beware...

Tickers at risk for fans of team losing the Super Bowl

By Chris Ramirez, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 31, 2011

Doctors and football fans know heart-stopping moments are part of any Super Bowl.

Now, a study by a California cardiologist found that death rates associated with heart problems climb in a city immediately after the home team loses a Super Bowl.

"Stressful games for some people elicit an emotional response that can trigger a cardiac event," said Dr. Robert Kloner, professor at Good Samaritan Hospital and the Keck School of Medicine at University of Southern California in Los Angeles. "That clearly happens when rabid fans who have deep emotional ties to their team get excited."

Kloner collected Los Angeles County death-certificate data for the two weeks after the Steelers defeated the L.A. Rams in Super Bowl XIV and the two weeks after the L.A. Raiders beat the Washington Redskins in 1984. He compared it to mid-January death rates for years Los Angeles teams weren't in the Super Bowl.

His findings, published today in the journal Clinical Cardiology, found a 15 percent increase in circulatory system-related deaths in men and a 27 percent increase among women, associated with Super Bowl loss. Among older patients, the increase associated with Super Bowl loss was 22 percent.

The Steelers will go for their NFL-record seventh Lombardi Trophy on Sunday against the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas.

Doctors advise Steelers fans watching the game on TV: If you feel chest pain, don't wait for the game to end.

"When the Steelers are playing in the Super Bowl, everything stops. ...You don't even get people coming into the ER," said Dr. George Gabriel, a cardiologist at Allegheny General Hospital. "It's almost as if it's OK to die, as long as you see the game from start to finish."

Dr. John Schindler, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Cardiovascular Institute, was on duty during the Steelers' Super Bowl appearances in 2006 and 2009.

He treated a man in his 50s who collapsed from cardiac arrest while watching the Steelers' divisional playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts. The man survived but told Schindler the last thing he remembered before blacking out was Steelers running back Jerome Bettis' infamous fourth-quarter fumble at the Colts' 2-yard line.

Colts Cornerback Nick Harper recovered the ball and was tackled at midfield by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers won the game on their way to their Super Bowl XL victory in Detroit.

Meta4
01-31-2011, 02:28 PM
We fired Flacco's coach Jim Zorn, thank god. I never wanted him involved with us in any way, was pissed as fuck when I heard he was with us especially as Flacco's coach. Even tho Flacco had a great year a better mentor could mean a Super Bowl ring year ya smell me.

Mic Tyson
01-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Flacco is just scared. He can't handle the big games. and the steelers expose him everytime they play the ravens The coach won't matter

Olive Oil Goombah
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
flacco is just not that good. I never understood why they anointed him so quickly. His accuracy is suspect, as is his whole game.

Mic Tyson
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
TROY P DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i54.tinypic.com/mvk9rt.jpg

Art Vandelay
01-31-2011, 08:04 PM
i wish clay mathews would have won it. now he's going to play over his head trying to prove the voters wrong

Visionz
01-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Don't think either of them would have needed any extra motivation. This is gonna be a great Superbowl. Great matchups on both side of the ball, if I had to guess then I think the experience of being there before might swing things the Steelers way ever so slightly but I expect a close game with a dramatic finish one way or the other.

Art Vandelay
02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm nervous about this game. There is no reason that the steelers should be under dogs. Better team, #2 seed and they have super bowl experience.

I think the fix is in. Everybody will be taking the steelers and the points and it will be fixed for the packers and the bookies to win.

Visionz
02-01-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm nervous about this game. There is no reason that the steelers should be under dogs. Better team, #2 seed and they have super bowl experience.

I think the fix is in. Everybody will be taking the steelers and the points and it will be fixed for the packers and the bookies to win.
Who was favored in the Seahawks-Steelers Superbowl? The officiating in that game was fucking terrible idk any other way that a football game could be fixed than the officials.

GZAjector
02-01-2011, 07:37 PM
YwYijHKtVUY

Meta4
02-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Flacco is just scared. He can't handle the big games. and the steelers expose him everytime they play the ravens The coach won't matter

wrong. the offense can't handle the big games. Flacco in his 3 YEARS has played better than A LOT of other qb's do in their first DECADE. Flacco WILL start dominating shit, just watch.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Flacco is average. The team around him is pretty good though. Kind of like the Jets, but he's better than Mark Sanchez. Not that that's saying much.

Art Vandelay
02-03-2011, 04:49 PM
City schools have 2-hour delay on day after Super Bowl 2011-

Pittsburgh Public Schools has announced it will have a two-hour delay on Monday, the morning after the Super Bowl.District spokeswoman Ebony Pugh said the delay is "for the safety of our students."She said, "As you know, with Super Bowl comes a lot of Super Bowl parties and such. We just feel it's best not to have our students out very early with people who have been up late."She said she was referring to "people out on the road who may be out early after having a very late night and other things that come with celebration of the Super Bowl."The district had a similar delay the last time the Steelers were in the Super Bowl.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
bahaha...oh those hill people

The XZA
02-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Fuck Lil Wayne. He's from New Orleans, what the fuck's he making a "Green & Yellow" song for?

Art Vandelay
02-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Pittsburgh finally comes up with something original (black n yellow) and now everyone is biting that song. I know its sports and hip-hop and everyone bites in both industries, but when you're the tenth rapper to remake that song, maybe you just should try to come up with something original

The XZA
02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
The point of the original is basically about how hard Wiz reps Pittsburgh. Weezy should just stop being a pussy bitch about the Saints losing to the 7-9 Seahawks and start repping his own town before his fans in NO get pissed

GZAjector
02-04-2011, 08:54 PM
maybe snoop should rep the LA rams

once again the curse of cowboys stadium strikes, bwahahaha. people have been killed, maimed, paralyzed, etc by jerry jones big top circus.
Wp0XNdAAYYw

fuckin leathaface

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdrz4Aqh7_hrysqyV2XfPKHA8Hl-Yk32tAbtLvMMsq1zEcFQ2u&t=1

hectis
02-05-2011, 07:06 PM
once again Cris carter was not voted into the Hall of fame THAT'S BULL SHIT

Art Vandelay
02-05-2011, 08:46 PM

you're only saying that because you're a homer, but yeah, chris carter deserved to be a first ballot inductee.

it should have been ...

deion
faulk
sharpe
carter
dawson

although, sharpe, carter and dawson should already be in the hall.

GZAjector
02-06-2011, 10:01 AM
whatever, chris hanburger deserved to get inducted, and yes i am probably saying that being a homer, because i never saw him play.

# 9× Pro Bowl selection (1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976)
# 4× First-team All-Pro selection (1972, 1973, 1975, 1976)
# 2× Second-team All-Pro selection (1969, 1974)

cris carter is a pompous cunt, not as much as deion though. anyday now he will adopt a british accent.

GZAjector
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
btw that being said, i agree carter should have been elected by now.

Dirty Knowledge
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Pittsburgh finally comes up with something original (black n yellow) and now everyone is biting that song. I know its sports and hip-hop and everyone bites in both industries, but when you're the tenth rapper to remake that song, maybe you just should try to come up with something original

Umm. In Hip-Hop, it's an honor to have your shit remixed. It's actually a thriving piece of Hip Hop, the REMIX. I'm sure Wiz would smack you in the face for saying people shouldn't continue to get the word about him out there by remixing his music and using that beat.

Dirty Knowledge
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM

LOL @ A Steelers fan talking about the fix is in.

Art Vandelay
02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
peace out folks. hittin up the south side for some beer, fun and super bowl domination.

UePtoxDhJSw

Dirty Knowledge
02-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Give granny a hug from good ole DK.

KZA
02-06-2011, 09:16 PM
lol steelers

Hollow Dartz
02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
"Black & Yellow" is gettin NO MORE AIRPLAY! Time for the next single Wiz....lol

True Father Allah
02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWHBUBUuvc

Now we just need to get the all time leading rushing QB in there (Cunningham) and Doug Williams and Bo Jackson as well

GZAjector
02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/253/367/GYI0059198526_crop_450x500.jpg?1262134364

poor art, first the penguins get blanked, then this. good thing school is 2 hours late tomorrow in pissburgh.

oh well, it was a great game, and his team still "only" has 6 lombardi's to cry on

time for the dark ages between now and the draft.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-06-2011, 09:57 PM
"Black & Yellow" is gettin NO MORE AIRPLAY! Time for the next single Wiz....lol

thats why there was so many bandwagon fans cuz of that track hahahahaha and all the hype the steelers had and they went down hard but not that much though the point spread panned out at least

Olive Oil Goombah
02-06-2011, 10:06 PM
good game. Turnovers killed Pittsburgh.

Aaron Rodgers, in my opinion is a better QB than Brett Favre. I'd take him over Brett in both primes.

hectis
02-06-2011, 10:08 PM
fuck the packers

Art Vandelay
02-06-2011, 10:17 PM
i know everyone is waiting for it, so here are my thoughts, then i'm off to bed. tomorrow i will read everyone else's comments...

•congrats packers and their fans. green bay deserves to be super bowl champs

•everyone was saying if ben wins his third super bowl, he deserves to be up there with the all time greats.... well he lost this super bowl with his 2 interceptions, so where does that put him?

•mike tomlin is also to blame. he gave up on the running game too early and attempting a 52 yard field goal on 4th down instead of going for it

•troy polamalu was quiet for the entire post season.

that is all. goodnight

BRONZBODY
02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
nothing against the steelers organization. i just dont like rapistberger..

Olive Oil Goombah
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
polamalu had a bad game.

Ben didnt play particularly well.

Mike Wallace is good, but I think they really miss Santonio Holmes. The guy was great at making clutch catches in tight spots.

Pittsburgh's pass defense is the weak link of their defense and it played right into the strenght of Green Bay, which is throwing the ball.

Pitt was fortunate GB had a lot of huge drops.

But than again, Pitt had some pretty bad turnovers. The Mendenhall fumble really hurt because Pitt had all the momentum at that time.

beautifulrock
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
i know everyone is waiting for it, so here are my thoughts, then i'm off to bed. tomorrow i will read everyone else's comments...

•everyone was saying if ben wins his third super bowl, he deserves to be up there with the all time greats.... well he lost this super bowl with his 2 interceptions, so where does that put him?

•mike tomlin is also to blame. he gave up on the running game too early and attempting a 52 yard field goal on 4th down instead of going for it

that is all. goodnightLet's not forget about their pitiful 2 minute offense which managed to get off the first two plays of the final 1:59 in 44 seconds. Dick Lebeau can't do it all, and considering they lost the turnover battle 3-0, things should have been much worse. Ben lost the game, and while Rogers wasn't that great, and his receivers dropped too many passes, he probably deserved the MVP. Despite the comeback, and the high amount of points scored, I found this to be a rather boring Superbowl with a lackluster anticlimactic ending.

wuswordz95
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
HAHA those faggotass frauds stellers lost. REPRESENT GREEN BAY PACKERS BABY!!!!! the evil dragon has been slayed. did you think trhe stellers were gona win. hell no! the packers arent arizona or the seahawks. bring the hate on. btw greenbay has 4 superbowl rings plus many nfl championships. they are truly from title town usa1 bite that pittspurgh. jets r going to the superbowl next year.

wuswordz95
02-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Let's not forget about their pitiful 2 minute offense which managed to get off the first two plays of the final 1:59 in 44 seconds. Dick Lebeau can't do it all, and considering they lost the turnover battle 3-0, things should have been much worse. Ben lost the game, and while Rogers wasn't that great, and his receivers dropped too many passes, he probably deserved the MVP. Despite the comeback, and the high amount of points scored, I found this to be a rather boring Superbowl with a lackluster anticlimactic ending.

what game were u viwing. the game was dope its one of the greatest.

wuswordz95
02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
polamalu had a bad game.

Ben didnt play particularly well.

Mike Wallace is good, but I think they really miss Santonio Holmes. The guy was great at making clutch catches in tight spots.

Pittsburgh's pass defense is the weak link of their defense and it played right into the strenght of Green Bay, which is throwing the ball.

But than again, Pitt had some pretty bad turnovers. The Mendenhall fumble really hurt because Pitt had all the momentum at that time.

i told u stellers suck

IronSheik
02-06-2011, 11:37 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_335DKn2pO6U/SVh-zBIZpvI/AAAAAAAAAvo/wvsNhpgmLuY/s400/poster1.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_335DKn2pO6U/SVxK5MTuicI/AAAAAAAAAxI/xyIaQvQfAbY/s400/Patriotssuck.jpg
https://s-hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/hs049.snc6/167902_10150177395801632_738791631_8849378_7761877 _n.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/k9fig4.jpg
http://flashwarner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/roethlisbergerrapewins-300x225.jpg
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1102/stupid-ben-stupid-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-steelers-cold-demotivational-posters-1296843741.jpg
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/TeddyCatz/1rapistberger2a.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/ohoimw.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s179/yankees_suck1983/rapistbergerjersey.jpg
http://wwjnd.server293.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/wanted.jpg
http://pacifistguild.org/media/upload/rapistberger_lt.jpeg
http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/wwjinq.jpg.gif
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/9/18/394cc185-2aa4-41dd-a423-ca6163f574e0.jpg

Mic Tyson
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
william gay is the fuckin worst cornerback in the league. Roethlisberger and gay ass william lost the game. and if the refs called pass interferences the outcome might have been different

The XZA
02-07-2011, 03:35 AM
I disagree... I think that was one of the best officiated games I have ever seen. There wasn't one time I disagreed with a call. And even if you wanna whine about "pass interference," consider that the Steelers would've won at least 24-10 if they didn't turn the damn ball over

100pr00f
02-07-2011, 05:25 AM
how about the face mask on green bay that wasnt a face mask ..dude had his had on the guys upper chest lol

Hollow Dartz
02-07-2011, 07:09 AM
I disagree... I think that was one of the best officiated games I have ever seen. There wasn't one time I disagreed with a call. And even if you wanna whine about "pass interference," consider that the Steelers would've won at least 24-10 if they didn't turn the damn ball over
My nigga. That Facemask call was bullshit.

how about the face mask on green bay that wasnt a face mask ..dude had his had on the guys upper chest lol
Exactly.

polamalu had a bad game.

??? A Bad game? How? They eliminated him from making any type of big play. I agree with the other comment, this couldve been a potential blowout if the receivers wouldve caught those two td passes.
I found this to be a rather boring Superbowl with a lackluster anticlimactic ending.
Boring?! Are you serious?! Smh

Queen Of Poetry
02-07-2011, 07:30 AM

that is all. goodnight

PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat crow nigga eat crow!!!!!!!!! Take that mess out ur sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|)

Art Vandelay
02-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Queef, only if you take off the "stairway to 7 nfc championship losses" from your sig.

Queen Of Poetry
02-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Queef, only if you take off the "stairway to 7 nfc championship losses" from your sig.

Oooooo someone took they bitter pill this morning

Art Vandelay
02-07-2011, 08:50 AM
The only pill it looks like I took is a viagra because I got a serious case of morning wood right now.

midGet
02-07-2011, 08:55 AM
grats to packers; this could've been steelers game, but turnovers killed it.

whitey
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM

i dont get why the language is used like this.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Agreed. the officiating was very good. Both defenses played pretty well imo. Aaron Rodgers was putting most of his passes in the most perfect spot possible. That first TD pass for example. Almost impossible to defend successfully. Aaron Rodgers > Ben Ruthlessraper. That was the difference in this one. Mendenhall's fumble hurt pretty bad too. Should've taken C.J. in the draft instead of him. lol Congrats to the Packers on the championship, and to the Steelers on a yet another great season.

Art Vandelay
02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I disagree about that first pass being undefenable. William Gay just fucking sucks. No pun intended.

Queen Of Poetry
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
i dont get why the language is used like this.

And?????? They got this button call block.........just sayin.

BRONZBODY
02-07-2011, 11:28 AM
yeah ill talk shit. but this is Pittsburgh....i wont be surprised if they are in the Superbowl again next year, and wont be surprised if they win.

congrats to green bay tho. now i gotta hear how Rodgers is better than Farve on ESPN for the next six months.......

Rame
02-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I only watched the first and second quarters because I had to work today. It was around 2 in the morning when I turned the tv off.

Next year I'll ask for a day off because it was pretty entertaining.

I'm glad I didn't have to sit through the Black Eyed Peas show. :D

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-07-2011, 12:45 PM
the BEP presence and performance at the HT took the gloss off Packers victory.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
anyboyd whose team didnt win should shut the fuck up.

its annoying how people root against a team that has no direct link to making you dislike them.

I coulda cared less who won the game.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
you mean you could not of cared less who won the game

Art Vandelay
02-07-2011, 01:13 PM
you mean you could not of cared less who won the game

you mean you could not have cared less who won the game.

Queen Of Poetry
02-07-2011, 01:18 PM
What the fuck! Is this the damn proper English thread????? Fuck outta here!!!!!!!!

Art Vandelay
02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
you mean you could not have cared less who won the game.

or should that be whom? i never know when to use that. is it the object of the sentence or something?

Queen Of Poetry
02-07-2011, 01:27 PM
GGRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll r on my nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art Vandelay
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Olive Oil Goombah
02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
regardless......I'd take Aaron Rodgers as my QB in a big game over Brett Favre any day. He played great.

theheavens
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
a kid I graduated high school with the same year as me just won the super bowl with the green pay packers. lucky motherfucker

GZAjector
02-07-2011, 10:03 PM
how is that luck

Visionz
02-08-2011, 12:48 AM
how is that luck
right, winning the lotto is luck, winning the superbowl as an mvp qb is years of hard work and dedication paying off

Dirty Knowledge
02-08-2011, 01:03 AM
When you talk luck let's remember you're talking about the Steagles. These MF'ers have a LONG history of getting LUCKY BREAKS / BAD CALLS GO THEIR WAY. They got their ass handed to them simple n plain Steagles were lucky GB didn't blow em out.

theheavens
02-08-2011, 02:49 AM
don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the dude. just think he's lucky for even being drafted to the packers. he got drafted last year and won the super bowl with them in his first year with the team, goddamn. the kid's 23. all I know is, I ain't going to the 10 year high school reunion now haha

Visionz
02-08-2011, 03:38 AM
don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the dude. just think he's lucky for even being drafted to the packers. he got drafted last year and won the super bowl with them in his first year with the team, goddamn. the kid's 23. all I know is, I ain't going to the 10 year high school reunion now haha
burn your factbook that goddamn thing is lying to you. Rodgers was drafted by the Packers the same year Alex Smith went #1 to the 49ers, he's also 27.

Dirty Knowledge
02-08-2011, 03:44 AM
I think he's probably speaking of another young player.

Visionz
02-08-2011, 03:55 AM
oh word, that would make more sense,....still even a third string qb had to work to get there

THE W
02-08-2011, 11:55 AM
congrats to the packers.

first half of this game sucked and if i wasnt at a superbowl party and instead was at home by myself chillin i wouldnt have even turned this game on. didnt really care for this matchup.

props to AR on the win. he deeeeeeid eeeeeeit.

Dirty Knowledge
02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
He's the man now dogg.

8VvgspV2fcI

check two
02-20-2011, 02:40 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/30/article-1132143-033DC05A000005DC-213_468x285_popup.jpg

check two
02-21-2011, 02:45 AM
R.I.P. to Dave Duerson.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_47872.shtml

battle?
02-22-2011, 10:49 PM
will free-agency ever start?

Queen Of Poetry
03-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Is there really gonna be a lockout? Imma loot the NFL headquarters in an angry rage.

The XZA
03-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Yesterday's ruling in favor of the NFLPA in the "Lockout Insurance" case gives the players a ton of leverage and basically forces the NFL to avoid a long-term lockout... they are holding more mediated talks today and hopefully shit gets real. I can deal with a lockout for a few weeks, but I want to see free agency action so the sooner the better

check two
03-04-2011, 09:49 PM
lol @ this fat ass loser. It's time for him to be a third string on some Canadian league team.

-JaMarcus Russell is on the verge of losing his mansion

The biggest bust in NFL history could be getting the boot in Oakland again.

JaMarcus Russell is facing foreclosure on his $2.4 million Bay Area mansion after failing to pay the mortgage. According to TMZ (which managed to secure some documents about the foreclosure in between all of its Charlie Sheen coverage), the former No. 1 pick owes nearly $200,000 in back payments.

Now, I'm not privy to the financial statements of Mr. Russell, but his history of decision-making doesn't bode well for his chances of covering the debt. (Unless he has some stock in Robitussin that all of a sudden skyrockets.) He hasn't been on an NFL roster for eight months, his workouts with teams like the Redskins and Dolphins have been unsuccessful, and he refuses to play for any football team that isn't in the NFL. The only thing that's gone right for him in the past few months is that he wasn't indicted on charges of possessing codeine syrup without a prescription. (It belonged to someone else, you see.)

Upon getting drafted by the Raiders, Russell signed a contract worth $32 million guaranteed. If he doesn't pay the $195,512.05 he owes in the next three months, he'll lose the house.

check two
03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
And in some more positive Raiders news:

--Ex-Raider Smith, 2 others charged in 2008 killing

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Authorities say former Oakland Raiders defensive end Anthony Wayne Smith and two others have been charged with murder in the 2008 beating and shooting death of a 31-year-old man in northern Los Angeles County.

District attorney’s spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons says a judge Friday postponed arraignment for the 43-year-old Smith and two other suspects until March 17.

Smith, 41-year-old Charles Eric Honest and 32-year-old Dewann Wesley White were charged last month with one count of murder in the killing of Maurilio Ponce in Lancaster. They were arrested this week and are being held on $1 million bail.

All three men are expected to have court-appointed attorneys. A message left with the public defender’s office was not immediately returned.

Smith played for the Los Angeles and Oakland Raiders from 1991 to 1998.

whitey
03-05-2011, 12:03 AM
lol @ this fat ass loser. It's time for him to be a third string on some Canadian league team.

-JaMarcus Russell is on the verge of losing his mansion

The biggest bust in NFL history could be getting the boot in Oakland again.

JaMarcus Russell is facing foreclosure on his $2.4 million Bay Area mansion after failing to pay the mortgage. According to TMZ (which managed to secure some documents about the foreclosure in between all of its Charlie Sheen coverage), the former No. 1 pick owes nearly $200,000 in back payments.

Now, I'm not privy to the financial statements of Mr. Russell, but his history of decision-making doesn't bode well for his chances of covering the debt. (Unless he has some stock in Robitussin that all of a sudden skyrockets.) He hasn't been on an NFL roster for eight months, his workouts with teams like the Redskins and Dolphins have been unsuccessful, and he refuses to play for any football team that isn't in the NFL. The only thing that's gone right for him in the past few months is that he wasn't indicted on charges of possessing codeine syrup without a prescription. (It belonged to someone else, you see.)

Upon getting drafted by the Raiders, Russell signed a contract worth $32 million guaranteed. If he doesn't pay the $195,512.05 he owes in the next three months, he'll lose the house.

what a worthless piece of shit. nothing bothers me more than people who have chances like he has and blown them and clearly not really gave a shit.

check two
03-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Tiki Barber is coming back to play in the NFL because he's broke, lol They should really try to educate some of these fools a little more before they start their pro careers.

--Barber's personal and professional life have been in shambles recently. In April 2010, Barber reportedly left his wife of 11 years, Ginny, for 23-year-old Traci Johnson, a former NBC intern. Ginny was eight months pregnant at the time. Soon after, NBC cited its morals clause and terminated Barber's contract, which reportedly paid him more than $300,000 per year.

In June 2010, the New York Post reported Barber was broke and couldn't pay his divorce settlement with his ex-wife.

GZAjector
03-08-2011, 07:32 PM
bwahahaha

i can't see any team wanting him

even the redskins

he will end up in cincinatti if anywhere

Olive Oil Goombah
03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Fucking idiots man....

what is so hard about having a mistress on the side and keeping it like that? You don't knock up the bitch and marry her.

check two
03-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Bart Scott gets beat up:

X7XhhU22cso

Queen Of Poetry
03-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Am I buggin or did I read the owners locked out the players???

GZAjector
03-31-2011, 11:42 PM
LMAO
Taqib Ali
or whatever the fuck his name is
CB from the Bucs
fingered his own mom

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqM2wj7VzsDYlxkniLoiVBtDubYF?slug=nfp-20110331_report_aqib_talib_says_mom_was_the_one_fi ring_shots

Art Vandelay
04-01-2011, 10:26 AM

the guy knows winning. he hired a lawyer from pittsburgh and 1 from dallas. haha

Art Vandelay
04-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Just drove passed West Pittsburgh. Better know as the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH.

check two
04-15-2011, 01:38 AM
More bad news for the biggest bust in NFL history:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_jamarcus_russell_wastes_another_chance_041411

Dirty Knowledge
04-27-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-dave-hyde-mandich-dies-0427,0,5216623.column

Dave Hyde Sun Sentinel Columnist 11:43 a.m. EDT, April 27, 2011

He arrived at Dolphins camp for the first time in a 1962 Dodge Valiant covered with psychedelic flowers. His hair was to his shoulders. Hippie beads were around his neck. And he wore the smile that always said life was good.

"You,'' Don Shula (http://wutang-corp.com/topic/sports/football/don-shula-PESPT008414.topic) asked upon meeting him that day, "were the captain of Michigan?"

"Yes sir,'' he said.

That was the spring of 1970 and now, more four decades later, Jim Mandich leaves us. He died Tuesday night of cancer (http://wutang-corp.com/topic/health/diseases-illnesses/cancer-HEDAI0000010.topic). He was 62. And he didn't just lead a good, representative life. He led a novel.

Text alerts: Get South Florida sports news on your phone (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/services/sms-text-alerts/?track=ss-mark-embed-sports)

Jim won Super Bowl (http://wutang-corp.com/topic/sports/football/super-bowl-EVSPR000004.topic) rings, married and raised three boys, made good money, went broke, picked himself up and became president of a construction company, a radio talk-show host and the Dolphins game analyst with the tradmark line after a big play of, "Awwwright, Miami!"

That's what he did. It barely scrapes who he was.

"Are you guys doing all right?" he phoned to ask of Heat announcers Eric Reid and Tony Fiorentino when the team was in a five-game losing streak. "This must be tough on you."

This was in March. Mandich was the one with cancer. He was the one with undergoing chemotherapy (http://wutang-corp.com/topic/health/health-treatments/chemotherapy-HETHT00009.topic) sessions. He was the who had lost so much weight.

And he was worried about them?

Mandich, you see, was a helper, an encourager. Oh, he was a tough guy. He once shattered his hand catching a touchdown, had 18 screws surgically implanted in it and played the next week in the 1973 AFC Championship Game. And he was authentic. He once got fired at Channel 10 for refusing another beer advertiser when everyone knew he was a Heineken man - "green lizards," as he said.

But at his core Mandich wanted to make everyone better. He was rare that way. He took young guys under his wing and encouraged peers, all with the geniune feel of a man who used to do his homework in his father's bar in Solon, Ohio.

He never forgot who helped him along the way and gave back tenfold. That's why you could walk into a bar in Augusta, Ga., where Mandich made an annual pilgramage to the Masters, and see him holding court with Steve Hutchinson, the All-Pro guard by way of Coral Springs and Michigan. Mandich was a helping hand all his years. Him, and a few dozen others like him. Why do you think Ryan Mallett tweeted out Tuesday night his condolences went to the Mandich family?

Here's a story: Each Tuesday during the Dolphins season for the past several years, Mandich had a luncheon at Shula's Steak House in Miami Lakes. People bought tickets. They ate lunch.

They also laughed through Mandich's monologues and interviews with players. He'd get Justin Smiley to talk about spotting his future wife, a San Francisco cheerleader, in the game program one year. The next, he'd get Joe Rose on some riff about women.

But those luncheons weren't for him. He raised at least $60,000 a year from them to help former Dolphins in need. He was on the board of Dolphins who privately decided how to divvy up the funds raised to those players.

In so many ways, Mandich personified those '72 Dolphins he was such a part of. He became as big a success in business as he did in football, then an even bigger and more beloved personality in the community.

He touched so many people in such a good way that when word spread more than a year ago he had cancer he was flooded with calls. Take my private jet if needed, Jim. I'm a doctor, Jim. This hospital is best, Jim. Here's a remedy my aunt tried for that, Jim.

"Overwhelming,'' he called that.

It never stopped, either. How could it? When you're captain at Michigan, when you're a star at the Dolphins, when you carry yourself through life in the manner Mandich did, everyone you met couldn't help but help.

When he started 30 years ago as president of Lotspeich Construction, he put a picture of his family on the wall. Then one with him and friends at a game. Then another.

By the time he retired, he had filled three walls with snapshots of him and family and friends and the times they had. On Sundays, he invited all of us along for the ride with him.

"Alllright, Miami!" he'd shout.

I never knew what was more fun – watching the play or hearing the joy in Mandich's voice.

"Life is good,'' he'd always say, which never quite did his life justice. It was great. Authentic. Unique, even. That's what makes his passing hurt so much.

check two
04-29-2011, 12:51 PM
R.i.p.

Art Vandelay
04-29-2011, 04:22 PM
toochski, speak to me about Cam Heyward

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Cam Heyward played tackle and end. He's solid, he'll be good for Pittsburgh in the 3-4. He dominated the Arkansas game in this years bowl. He wont be a pro bowler but he'll be one of those anchors on the line for years. in my opinion.

the son of Ironhead heyward...remember him? techmo bowl.

But what you got to be worried about is Phil Taylor and the newly aquired jabaal sheard.

so tell me about this sheard guy

Olive Oil Goombah
04-29-2011, 05:42 PM
-eJHAOFNzKo

Art Vandelay
04-30-2011, 07:13 AM
he was one of the few bright spots on pitt's mediocre defense. he played fucking great against Notre Dame. i think he needs to put on some weight to play defensive end at the NFL level.

and then there's this

Pitt player refused to stop beating man, police said
Monday, July 19, 2010

http://post-gazette.com/pg/images/201007/20100719brk_ds_local_pitt_sheard_fight_500.jpg

University of Pittsburgh football player Jabaal Sheard refused to stop fighting on a South Side street early Sunday morning and then hurled another man through a glass door even after a police officer hit him repeatedly with his baton, according to court papers.

Mr. Sheard, a starting defensive end, was charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct in the incident outside La Fond Galleries on East Carson Street.

Jabaal Sheard
Garrett Brown, a city officer working an off-duty detail, said Mr. Sheard, listed at 6-feet-4 and 260 pounds, ignored his commands to stop fighting Edward Parker, 27, of Stanton Heights.

Officer Brown said Mr. Sheard kept punching Mr. Parker as the officer and other city officers tried to break up the fight. After absorbing several of Officer Brown's baton blows to the body, Mr. Sheard picked up Mr. Parker by his clothing and threw him through the glass door of the gallery, then continued to punch him in the face as he lay bleeding on the floor inside the business, according to an affidavit.

Officers finally subdued both men with OC spray.

Mr. Sheard was taken to jail. Mr. Parker's girlfriend drove him to the hospital.

Officer Brown said he didn't know why the men were fighting, but he said he'll talk to the district attorney's office about possible charges against Mr. Parker for his role.

Mr. Sheard has been suspended from the team.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
04-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Epicly ecstatic with my Titans 1st round pick. Best QB in the draft. The only reason he dropped from his preseason prediction of being the number 1 pick was a terrible team around him, and his own improvement. He threw the ball away on purpose more than any QB prospect in the draft. That's not a bad thing, but scouts look at his completion percentage and say he isn't accurate. We'll see about that. Mark my words, Locker wil be the best QB out of this class!

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/191785/lockerf.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
04-30-2011, 04:02 PM
i actually like that sheard beat someones ass.

Dirty Knowledge
04-30-2011, 04:07 PM
this dude you can tell was made to put on the big blue

1yPxwUvc2dc

hectis
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
are you happy with your teams draft?

whitey
05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
art, as a proud american and fan of the pittsburg steelers what do you think about your boy rashard mendenhall's CEITEDMOFOs like comments?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6471433

Olive Oil Goombah
05-03-2011, 03:24 PM
lol i read that.

You have to expect there are some wu tang fans playing i the nfl.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
05-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I hope Ray Lewis breaks his shoulder again.

check two
05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
1dcLByS-1Ss

Olive Oil Goombah
05-03-2011, 08:14 PM
why would you take anything these dumb jock niggers says seriously?

hectis
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM
NFL stands for now fucking lockedout

check two
05-11-2011, 04:54 PM
--Bernard Hopkins: McNabb isn’t tough enough or black enough

Donovan McNabb probably didn't wake up thinking he'd get blindsided in the media Wednesday with possibly the most vicious comments he's ever heard.

And there probably also weren't a lot of people that anticipated Bernard Hopkins, just days before one of the biggest fights in his storied boxing career, ruthlessly laying into McNabb.

That's exactly what happened, though. Hopkins, a Philadelphia guy and avid Eagles fan, invited the press to a workout Tuesday. He was asked about Michael Vick(notes) playing for his hometown Eagles, and Hopkins went off on McNabb in a brutal, racial way. Here's a snippet from Marcus Hayes at Philly.com:

According to Hopkins, McNabb had a privileged childhood in suburban Chicago and, as a result, is not black enough or tough enough, at least compared with, say, himself, Michael Vick and Terrell Owens(notes).

"Forget this," Hopkins said, pointing to his own dark skin. "He's got a suntan. That's all."

Hopkins also implied that, while Vick and Owens remained true to their roots, McNabb did not, and that McNabb was rudely awakened when the Eagles traded him to the Redskins last year.

"Why do you think McNabb felt he was betrayed? Because McNabb is the guy in the house, while everybody else is on the field. He's the one who got the extra coat. The extra servings. 'You're our boy,' " Hopkins said, patting a reporter on the back in illustration. "He thought he was one of them."

For more context on the "house vs. field" thing Hopkins is talking about, you can peruse this Wikipedia entry (strong language present there) or read the original quote from Malcolm X.

It's not the first time Bernard Hopkins has ripped into McNabb, either. He did it back in 2007 when he said McNabb didn't have Jeff Garcia's heart, and again in 2008, when he said McNabb wouldn't sacrifice to win and had no killer instinct. Last year, he said he was going to have a party celebrating McNabb leaving Philadelphia.

Some people believe this all stems from an incident where Hopkins showed up to an Eagles team function and McNabb snubbed him.

Nothing that's happened between the two in the past comes close to Hopkins' most recent comments, though. Those cross entirely different lines.

Through his publicist, McNabb already said about the only thing he could say -- that he won't have any response to Hopkins' comments.

Olive Oil Goombah
05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
those are highly ignorant comments.

he's saying that you are not black if you come from successful parents?

so Hopkins kids arent gonna be "black " enough?

Dirty Knowledge
05-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Bernard Hopkins has a fight coming up?

check two
06-16-2011, 11:43 PM
David Tyree announced he's homosexual? He's the guy who made that catch in the super bowl against the Patriots and then retired not long after?

RUSHING PLATYPUS
06-16-2011, 11:54 PM
David Tyree announced he's homosexual? He's the guy who made that catch in the super bowl against the Patriots and then retired not long after?

What the fuck are you talking about? He's done no such thing. He's actually in the news right now for speaking out against gay marriage strongly.

check two
06-16-2011, 11:58 PM
sarcasm. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he is..

Dirty Knowledge
06-17-2011, 12:48 AM
z3G-Mjzp0WU

check two
06-17-2011, 06:34 PM
-- Raheem Brock skips out on $27 bar tab, arrested

I believe we have a new winner of the category of "Most Bizarre Arrest of the Offseason." Free-agent defensive end Raheem Brock was arrested on Thursday night for skipping out on a $27 bar tab at the Copacabana in Philadelphia.

It's weirder than just that, though, and the main culprit in the story appears to be Brock's ladyfriend, who might not be the most fun date in the world.

I'm going to have to quote extensively from NFL.com to relay the story accurately. Here we go.

A female server at the Copacabana told NFL.com that it was the behavior of a woman accompanying Brock that led the defensive end to leave without paying his bill.

"It wasn't even (Brock) that was the issue," the server said. "It was the fat female he was with, getting angry and wanting to leave.

"The female was mad (because) she wanted something that wasn't on the menu. So she went across the street and got something from another restaurant."

When a manager told her she couldn't bring food from another restaurant inside the Copacabana, the woman became further enraged and Brock and his friends were ultimately asked to leave.

"She got a little colorful and a little angry with me," the server said. "I told my manager that she refuses to wrap it up and refuses to (stop) eating."

Charming! She sounds like a keeper.

As for the bill, Brock and Miss Congeniality eventually agreed to leave the restaurant, but they did so before paying a $27 bar tab. That's when the restaurant called the police. Brock was arrested outside for theft of services and resisting arrest.

NFL.com makes no mention of the woman being arrested or charged with anything, and isn't that just the way things always seem to go?

Brock spent last year with the Seahawks after spending the previous eight with the Colts. He'll be a free agent when we have football again, and it sounds like he might want to consider embracing free agency on the dating scene, too.

Queen Of Poetry
06-27-2011, 07:39 AM
--Bernard Hopkins: McNabb isn’t tough enough or black enough

Donovan McNabb probably didn't wake up thinking he'd get blindsided in the media Wednesday with possibly the most vicious comments he's ever heard.

And there probably also weren't a lot of people that anticipated Bernard Hopkins, just days before one of the biggest fights in his storied boxing career, ruthlessly laying into McNabb.

That's exactly what happened, though. Hopkins, a Philadelphia guy and avid Eagles fan, invited the press to a workout Tuesday. He was asked about Michael Vick(notes) playing for his hometown Eagles, and Hopkins went off on McNabb in a brutal, racial way. Here's a snippet from Marcus Hayes at Philly.com:

According to Hopkins, McNabb had a privileged childhood in suburban Chicago and, as a result, is not black enough or tough enough, at least compared with, say, himself, Michael Vick and Terrell Owens(notes).

"Forget this," Hopkins said, pointing to his own dark skin. "He's got a suntan. That's all."

Hopkins also implied that, while Vick and Owens remained true to their roots, McNabb did not, and that McNabb was rudely awakened when the Eagles traded him to the Redskins last year.

"Why do you think McNabb felt he was betrayed? Because McNabb is the guy in the house, while everybody else is on the field. He's the one who got the extra coat. The extra servings. 'You're our boy,' " Hopkins said, patting a reporter on the back in illustration. "He thought he was one of them."

For more context on the "house vs. field" thing Hopkins is talking about, you can peruse this Wikipedia entry (strong language present there) or read the original quote from Malcolm X.

It's not the first time Bernard Hopkins has ripped into McNabb, either. He did it back in 2007 when he said McNabb didn't have Jeff Garcia's heart, and again in 2008, when he said McNabb wouldn't sacrifice to win and had no killer instinct. Last year, he said he was going to have a party celebrating McNabb leaving Philadelphia.

Some people believe this all stems from an incident where Hopkins showed up to an Eagles team function and McNabb snubbed him.

Nothing that's happened between the two in the past comes close to Hopkins' most recent comments, though. Those cross entirely different lines.

Through his publicist, McNabb already said about the only thing he could say -- that he won't have any response to Hopkins' comments.

Wow....is this guy serious???? He grew up in the burbs so he's not tough enough or black enough? WTF! How does geography play in whether a person is black enough?????

Vick kills dogs and this dude praises him....Vick's tough? Tough guys kill dogs?

Owens? Negro please........Owens is tough?????

Lawd have mercy

check two
06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
^^
So you wouldn't go for Hopkins then? }:|

Queen Of Poetry
06-27-2011, 02:32 PM
LOL

Maybe to get my bills paid a minute, stack some cash......he is only good for one thing.

Use and walk away.

Dumb ass negro

check two
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
--ThePostGame Exclusive: NFL Fullback Heath Evans Says He Uses Controversial SWATS Spray

-http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201106/thepostgame-exclusive-nfl-fullback-heath-evans-says-he-uses-controversial-swats-spra

check two
06-30-2011, 04:00 PM
LOL

Maybe to get my bills paid a minute, stack some cash......he is only good for one thing.

Use and walk away.

Dumb ass negro

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/233610.1020.A.jpg

battle?
06-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Ha4U9MiTAa8#at

spiggity_ace
07-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Wow....is this guy serious???? He grew up in the burbs so he's not tough enough or black enough? WTF! How does geography play in whether a person is black enough?????

Vick kills dogs and this dude praises him....Vick's tough? Tough guys kill dogs?

Owens? Negro please........Owens is tough?????

Lawd have mercy

b-hop was just gettin some publicity for his fight, he always does this kinda shit

Queen Of Poetry
07-02-2011, 09:23 AM
LOL @ check......

check two
07-06-2011, 07:53 PM
lol @ sending a marriage proposal through the mail?

--Roy Williams wants to get back the ring he mailed to girlfriend

Dallas Cowboys receiver Roy Williams is going to court to get back the $76,000 engagement ring he gave to a former beauty pageant winner.

In February, Williams proposed to his girlfriend, Brooke Daniels. When she turned him down, Daniels didn't return the ring. According to Williams' affidavit that was filed in a Texas court last week, he asked for the ring back but was told by Daniels that she had lost it. An insurance investigation later revealed that Daniels' father was in possession of the ring.

Michael Daniels told the Odessa American that his daughter will return the ring to avoid the lawsuit even though he says he has documentation saying Williams told her to keep it.

Pretty standard stuff, right? Minus the price tag, this is a dispute that probably happens every day in the United States. Except it's not because most people don't propose the way Roy Williams did.

From the Odessa American:

Williams has declined to comment for the story, but in an affidavit signed by Williams, he claims he sent $5,000 for school and dental bills, a baseball for Daniels' brother and — as a surprise — a recorded marriage proposal with the ring through the mail just before Valentine's Day to Daniels. However, when Daniels declined the proposal, she did not return the ring.

He recorded a marriage proposal and then sent the ring through the mail? Unless you're a soldier stationed overseas, that's just about the lamest thing I've ever heard. If you proposed through the mail, wouldn't you not want other people to hear that? I'd consider eating the $76,000 just so I didn't have to tell anyone.

It's a shame Daniels is giving the ring back and avoiding trial because we may have learned the specifics of how Williams went about this process. Was it a video proposal? Did he record it in song form? And how did she reject him, with a return receipt?

beautifulrock
07-07-2011, 06:48 AM
^^^I was about to post this...

Queen Of Poetry
07-07-2011, 07:46 AM
LOL @ Roy Williams.....come on son!

That girl said "what ring?"

LMAO!

check two
07-12-2011, 11:35 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/7a/7aeb9bc81aaab8c0ce60c49c40e5dafe/michael_irvin_is_on_the_cover_of_out_magazine.jpg

check two
07-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Is this dude on the Steelers a lunatic? lol

So deep is the linebacker's loathing for the league's commissioner that he says he'd ignore the tenets of fire prevention if he encountered an enflamed Goodell.

"If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate] to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told Men's Journal. "I hate him and will never respect him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/James-Harrison-wouldn-8217-t-put-out-Goodell-if?urn=nfl-wp3319

RUSHING PLATYPUS
07-14-2011, 07:39 AM
My favorite Harrison quote is still this.

"This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he would've invited Arizona to the white house if they had won."

I'm surprised Harrison didn't turn down his Super Bowl ring because they would have just given them to Arizona if they won.

lol @ him calling out Ben and Mendenhall when he had 1 garbage time tackle in the game, and got owned all night long by Chad Clifton.

I can remember a time not long ago when the Steelers would never have put up with this guys crap.

What an incredibly stupid ass nigga!!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS
07-14-2011, 08:14 AM
After capping a stellar season with a subpar performance in Super Bowl XLV, it’s understandable if James Harrison and the rest of the Pittsburgh Steelers are less-than-happy about the way the 2010 season ended.

But after James Harrison’s comments to Men’s Journal, it’s tough to imagine the mood will be any lighter when Steelers training camp opens this summer. Speaking of teammate Ben Roethlisberger's play in Super Bowl XLV, Harrison said:

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like
Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

It’s doubtful that the fact that Roethlisberger’s second interception of the game came on a play that started on the Packers 49-yard line, technically “their side of the field” will make Harrison reconsider his comments.

Ben Roethlisberger
In Own Territory Last Season
Rank
Comp pct 72.1 3rd
Yds per att 10.3 1st
Passer rtg 103.7 1st
Int 3 T-3rd
>>min. 100 att

But Big Ben’s unparalleled ability to lead the Steelers out of their own territory in the regular season should.

In 2010, Roethlisberger not only didn’t ask the Steelers defense to bail him out frequently, he was arguably the best quarterback in the league at helping his team reverse field position when backed up against its own goal line.

Roethlisberger completed 147 of 204 passes for 2,094 yards with three TDs and three interceptions in his own territory last season. His 103.7 passer rating here is even more impressive when one considers the difficulty in throwing touchdowns on plays that originate at least 51 yards from the end zone.

Of the 33 quarterbacks who threw at least 100 passes in their own territory last regular season, none had a better passer rating on those attempts than Roethlisberger, and his 10 yards per attempt on these passes was also best in the NFL.

Just three of Roethlisberger’s 204 passes from his own end were intercepted last season, an interception percentage of 1.47 percent. Only three of the 33 QBs mentioned above had a lower interception of percentage in their own territory – Josh Freeman, Tom Brady and Alex Smith.

In Own Territory Last Season
Roethlisberger Manning
Comp pct 72.1 68.5
Yds per att 10.3 7.1
Passer rtg 103.7 78.4
Int 3 12<<
>>T-4th most in NFL

Harrison also made the comment that Roethlisberger is trying to emulate Peyton Manning with his play in his own territory. In fact, he’s been much better than the Indianapolis Colts future Hall-of-Famer in such situations.

Twelve of Manning’s 17 interceptions last season came on the Colts side of the field, more than all but three other NFL quarterbacks. And Manning’s passer rating in his own territory was 78.4, a full 25 points behind Big Ben’s.

The stats show that Roethlisberger has been a better quarterback than Manning in his own territory. If Harrison is tired of his defense being asked to bail out the Steelers offense time and time again, he should be thankful that Ben is no Peyton. He’s only paid like him.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
07-14-2011, 08:26 AM
I'll bet Ben has already started stalking Harrison's sister. She's gonna get it The Big Ben way!

check two
07-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Former scrub player from the Eagles arrested for stealing gas:

http://news.yahoo.com/former-nfl-running-back-charged-stealing-gas-233607193.html

spiggity_ace
07-17-2011, 09:52 PM
that jamse harrison stuff is funny, he just spoke his mind, writer probably twisted it, he got fucked,

anyways i heard lockouts almost over so good news

check two
07-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Harrison is just twisted in the head

Dirty Knowledge
07-18-2011, 07:15 PM
I like Long Snapper James Harrison better than 2 Gunz Up Evil James Harrison.

The NFL could be back by next week.

Get ready to have some super cool forum fun, Check 2.

Queen Of Poetry
07-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Sorry, but I can’t hate the Eagles: Rival fan’s take

As a New York Giants (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyg/) fan, I feel obligated to hate the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/phi/). But I'm here to admit that I just can't do it.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ac/a6/fullj.3ad5be7fa3e42ba7637ed68b54eeb575/88023730.jpg?&sig=QHQ0yl2VI5HzBpg38nTZfA-- How can anybody, even a Giants fan, hate Eagles head coach Andy Reid?
Wikimedia Commons

I can't stand the Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/dal/), I have no love for the Washington Redskins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/was/), but there is something about the Eagles that makes me secretly root for them against the other two. It may have something to do with my admiration for Eagles head coach Andy Reid, a real stand-up guy who says the right things, or the swagger of Eagles fans, which in many ways is similar to that of Giants fans. Of course, Giants fans have seen their win three Super Bowls since 1986, but who's counting?
By the way, I have every right to hate the Eagles. They have beaten the Giants six straight times, including last season's epic comeback at the New Meadowlands Stadium in which the Giants blew a 21-point halftime lead before losing on DeSean Jackson's (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8826/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8826/news) punt-return touchdown as time expired. Jackson's scamper into the endzone on New York's turf basically killed Big Blue's 2010 season.Speaking of Jackson, that's one dude on the Eagles I can't stand (I didn't say hate), but he can play for my team any day.
I realize that Eagles fans are Phillies fans who take joy in taunting my New York Mets (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/nym/). That's okay. Try sharing a city and the sports section with a team that has won 27 World Series championships. When it comes to being obnoxious, Philadelphia fans have nothing on Yankees fans. As a matter of fact, if there is a rematch of the 2009 World Series in October between the Phillies and Yankees, I've got your back, Philly.
Apparently, there is no love lost between the players on the Eagles and Giants. Earlier this off-season, Philly running back LeSean McCoy (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9317/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9317/news) called Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6392/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6392/news) "soft" and "overrated." Umenyiora and teammate Steve Smith (http://sports.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Steve+Smith+NFL&fr=sports-us-ss) fired back at McCoy, who the Giants affectionately have named "Lady Gaga." Do I hate McCoy? On the contrary, I love that stuff! It'll be that much sweeter when the Giants tune him up on the field.
No, I don't hate the Eagles, but there's nothing I would love more than seeing the Giants stomp them out this season.
More Giants content from this Yahoo! Contributor:
Eli Manning is underrated: Fan's take (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-8760259)
Eli Manning's five best NFL games: A fan's take (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-8583495)
Mark Bavaro's five best NFL games: Fan's take (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-8732547)
Amani Toomer's five best NFL games: Fan's take (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-8748043)
Adam Martini is a freelance sports writer who proudly wears his Rodney Hampton jersey on Sundays during the football season. He grew up in Queens, N.Y. rooting for the Giants despite being surrounded by Jets fans.
Sources
Pro-Football-Reference.com (http://pro-football-reference.com/).
Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here (http://contributor.yahoo.com/join/yahoosports) to start publishing your own sports content.

Queen Of Poetry
07-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Michael Vick on Capitol Hill today

By Tom Weir (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/reporter/Tom+Weir), USA TODAY

Updated 45m ago

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2011/07/19/vickx-inset-community.jpg (http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2011/07/19/vickx-large.jpg)
By Mel Evans/AP

Michael Vick's continued efforts to help end dog-fighting will take him to Capitol Hill today.The Eagles quarterback will join Humane Society of the United States president Wayne Pacelle in announcing support for legislation that would penalize criminals who finance animal fighting or who bring children to such events as dogfights and cockfights.
The bill, H.R. 2492, was introduced by U.S. Reps. Tom Marino (R-Pa.) and Betty Sutton (D-Ohio). It's aimed at correcting the gap in federal law on animal fighting and aiding a crackdown on the crime, according to The Morning Call (http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/mc-vick-humane-society-cn-20110718,0,4649616.story).
See photos of: Philadelphia Eagles (http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Philadelphia+Eagles), Michael Vick (http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Michael+Vick)

IrOnMaN
07-20-2011, 01:03 PM
NFL lockout has top draft pick tackling weeds

Birmingham, Alabama (CNN) -- Had this been any other year in the National Football League, rookie Marcell Dareus would probably have been a multimillionaire by now.

But because of the NFL work stoppage, the top defensive prospect, chosen third overall by the Buffalo Bills this year, does not draw an NFL-sized paycheck -- or one at all, for that matter.

Instead, the former University of Alabama standout awaits a resolution to the months-old lockout as the only landscaper in Birmingham with his own trading card.

"I'm really anxious about the season starting," said Dareus, 21, from atop his John Deere riding mower. "I can't wait to get to Buffalo to see the fans. I can't wait to get the whole feeling of the NFL. It's surreal."

There are signs that the lockout could be coming to an end soon; the league's 32 owners are scheduled to meet in Atlanta Thursday where they are expected to vote on a new labor agreement with the players union.

(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/)
SI.com's full coverage of the NFL and the lockout (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/)
Meanwhile, Dareus, a 300-pound NFL lineman, is tasked with manicuring suburban lawns under the scrutinizing eye of Lester "Sarge" Reasor, a retired drill sergeant who barely rises to Dareus' massive forearms.

"This could have been edged up a little better right here," Reasor said, pointing to a patch of lawn.

The fact that Dareus stands on the cusp of fame as a professional football player hasn't softened Sarge's orders.

"I've got to roust him up about 6 o'clock every morning," he said. "(I get) him out of bed to get these lawns cut."

With seemingly every home in the neighborhood belonging to either a family member or friend of the Reasors', Dareus has an endless supply of lawns to cut and hedges to trim.

KJCT: NFL lineman works as river guide (http://www.kjct8.com/news/28567073/detail.html)
Sarge's boot-camp-style work schedule makes two-a-days at an NFL training camp seem like a walk in the park: After his wakeup call, Dareus' first task each day is to wash the lawnmower before heading out in the stifling Alabama heat.

"(Sarge) likes to wait until noon, when that sun is beaming straight on you," Dareus said.

"My job as a drill sergeant was to inspect and make sure the soldiers were doing what they were supposed to do," Reasor said. "I taught them how to be neat and clean and proficient."

It's something, Sarge says, he tries to instill in Dareus.

Though he gently chides Dareus over his tidiness and weed-wacking acumen, the bond between the football star and the retired drill sergeant is unmistakably one of mutual respect and affection. And it is a relationship that they both needed at precisely the same moment in time.

The Reasor family, deeply involved in service to their community, took Marcell in when he was in high school after chronic illness left his mother ill-equipped to provide even the most basic of necessities for her seven children.

Sarge and his wife, Juanita, whose own children were grown, enjoyed having the gentle giant of a teenager in their empty nest.
The aging Sarge, with all of those lawns to cut, was thrilled with the live-in help.

"God sent (Marcell and his brothers) right here in the nick of time to save me," said Sarge, whom Dareus refers to as his godfather.

Dareus' mother passed away last year before getting to see her son realize his dream of being drafted into the National Football League.

Before she did, however, she entrusted Sarge with fulfilling a dream of her own: for Dareus to graduate from college.

Though he may have left Tuscaloosa for Buffalo, Dareus hopes to graduate by December with the help of online courses.

It's something that would serve him well if there were no NFL.
But Dareus isn't thinking about the lockout. He's thinking about the place he wants to be the most: the football field.

"I really can't wait. I'm just anxious to get back on the field."
The thoughts of the field below him and the man who tends to it also remain close.

"My godfather hates crabgrass. Hates it," Dareus said. "I'm going to buy him the best crabgrass killer money can buy."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/20/nfl.rookie.lockout/index.html?hpt=us_t4

Well, at least he has a job. The good thing is that he'll be swimming in money soon.

llBARlllCODEll
07-20-2011, 01:32 PM
gotta stay busy and outta trouble somehow. cant go hangin out with Ray Lewis and get corrupted to doing evil things

Queen Of Poetry
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
gotta stay busy and outta trouble somehow. cant go hangin out with Ray Lewis and get corrupted to doing evil things

LMAO @ Ray Lewis

I agree......he's doing what he's gotta do.

check two
07-24-2011, 12:39 PM
The Eagles looking to pick up Brett Favre?

check two
07-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Props to Jay Cutler for dumping this slut before their wedding

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/0b/0bdedf7ac36482d6c074bc84fc0d7c96/for_cutler_and_cavallari_the_weddings_off.jpg

Queen Of Poetry
07-25-2011, 07:33 AM
The Eagles looking to pick up Brett Favre?

Rumors.......we r not doing the Farve thing this year. He's an ass......deciding whether he is gonna retire and then after training camp decides he's gonna play....loser

Props to Jay Cutler for dumping this slut before their wedding

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/0b/0bdedf7ac36482d6c074bc84fc0d7c96/for_cutler_and_cavallari_the_weddings_off.jpg

Why she gotta be a slut????? I mean...can he really do better?????

RUSHING PLATYPUS
07-25-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes_foros/4/2/8/4/9/830082ecstatic_laptop.gif

Queen Of Poetry
07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
^^ LMAO!

R u ready for some football???????????