PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the media (CNN) is encouraging shootings by talking about it too much?

diggy
04-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Certain media are playing the recordings and showing the pictures of the guy that did the killings at V-Tech. They have been bombarding us with his images and words giving him fame after death. Do you think this is too much now?

Don't you think this is just showing demented people that they can record themselves making a "manifesto" and then kill people knowing they will have fame after death?

This is not the message to be giving other people who might/will potentially consider and imitate this crime in the future.

The media in my opinion are instigators of the worst kind.

I think they should leave the mental/psychiatric analysis of the killer to be done by professionals in private, and then they could pass on their findings to other professionals like police and school staff about how to prevent this in the future.

Otherwise they are just giving a manuscript to weak-minded people about how to carry out a school shooting

EAGLE EYE
04-19-2007, 01:45 AM
So...................should something this big be covered up?

These networks want ratings.

diggy
04-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Use your intelligence and refer back to the title of the thread -
"Do you think the media (CNN) is encouraging shootings by talking about it too much?"

See the words underlined? The key words are "talking about it too much".

Nowhere in my thread did I imply that the media should cover it up.

Again I asked if they were talking about it too much and giving the killer fame after death.

Please learn how to read and don't imply things that are not infered!!

EAGLE EYE
04-19-2007, 02:09 AM
I think people on the net are also talking about it too much

abasi
04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
no i dont

but there is definatly overkill

Dirty Knowledge
04-19-2007, 05:43 PM
I was thinknig of this today as I woke up around noon and saw Bush speaking to a school in Ohio. He was rambling on-and-on about BULLSHIT. Basically, Bush is using the school shooting to justify why he wants to go to other countries, stop the war there first, so it can't come home. But what about the streets of America, Mr. President, that are filled with violence and drugs? Exactly. It's a little weird to me too, that Bush was saying that because he could of basically said:

"This kid is Korean (South or not, I know he was), so now we should go to NORTH KOREA and make sure no other kids grow up with this vicious mindset!"

..but back to the point.. I was thinking that CNN, NBC, FOX, all they do is use this shit as a movie. It's nothing but ratings to them. If there were no CNN, NBC and FOX, people would live better in America. We wouldn't worry about the war we can't stop, the propoganda we can't control and the mind's that are being brainwashed to do dumb acts. The media does nothing but instigate. And that goes for Sports Media. No more media of any kind judging people or telling us what we should think about the things they are reporting. Honestly, I've been watching a lot of CNN/FOX/NBC since the Imus thing and it's nothing but fucking Hollywood. Once one picture has been seen, they leach to the next movie and replay it until people don't watch (ratings drop) or something better comes out.

This has been the media since 9/11:

9/11.
The Holloway bitch in Aruba.
White House Scandals.
Kramar from Seinfield saying nigger.
BARBARO.. a FUCKING HORSE.
IMUS.
Virginia Tech.

Feel free to add any movies I missed, those are a few I remember as being something that was dragged on-and-on. We can't go back and stop 9/11...VTech.. so just let it ride. Why remind us everyday? I dunno bout how you people think, but if something bad happens in my life? I don't try to forget about it (because that's a sign of weakness) I just DEAL with it like my mother and father taught me how to big strong and deal with the fucked-up life we live in. So yeah, fuck the MEDIA. They encourage waaay too much bad shit!

Frontal Lobotomy
04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Its just the news, its sensationalist. Tragedy = more viewers

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-19-2007, 07:28 PM
All those networks full of d'evils of society. You got someone like Larry King whos supposed to be intelligent, respected, devoting his whole shows to Anna Nicole Smith, meanwhile 100,000's are being culled in Sudan.

diggy
04-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Well, Dirty, I'm glad we see the same way. I was watching the news Thursday at 6 pm and other reporters feel the same - that they just sensationalize. The media cares about ratings. They do not care about the fact that some troubled teen might be taking mental notes of what Cho did at V-Tech and do the same thing.

After all, why not? The media is sending the message to everyone, that if you make a video of yourself and then kill people, you will get a few days of fame. What a bad message to be sending!

Your right. What about the real wars that are going on in Sudan? But they are black Africans, so I guess they don't care. Also, no oil is involved.

And what about the war in U.S. - gang violence. In 2004 about 30,000 people were killed by guns in U.S. The same number (more or less) probably is occuring every year in U.S. Why doesn't bush stop that?

rubyspirit
04-21-2007, 07:14 AM
CNN is crap. Big manipulators. Turn the channel.