PDA

View Full Version : What Was Wrong With Streets Disciple??

pep
04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Just wondering, when it came out I was in love with this album...I still really like it but I've noticed thru the years that alot of people really don';t like it. I thought it might just be random Nas hate, like on AHH, but I'm sure there are people with legitimate reasons. Was it the beats? I like a lot of the laid back zone out stuff like The Rest Of My Life, the song about his daughter, etc. Was it bloated? Double lps are always a test for any artist, but I mos def feel there are more good songs than bad ones. I loved the concept of Making A Perfect B, and the visuals on Getting Married were awesome. Also I never hear nobody talk about Remember The Times, which was to me Nas at his best. Just wondering, let me know people!!

-Gambino-
04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Daaamn, Remember The Times.
That's my favourite song on that album . :D For real.

cap
04-19-2007, 12:37 PM
its not wack by any means,but to me personally it was a bit boring.
it has bangas though : war,messsage to the feds,nazareth savage,remember the times....
im rarely in the right mood to put this in to my cd player.

again,not wack but yeah its my least favourite nas album.

ThaGoldenChild07
04-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Just wondering, when it came out I was in love with this album...I still really like it but I've noticed thru the years that alot of people really don';t like it. I thought it might just be random Nas hate, like on AHH, but I'm sure there are people with legitimate reasons. Was it the beats? I like a lot of the laid back zone out stuff like The Rest Of My Life, the song about his daughter, etc. Was it bloated? Double lps are always a test for any artist, but I mos def feel there are more good songs than bad ones. I loved the concept of Making A Perfect B, and the visuals on Getting Married were awesome. Also I never hear nobody talk about Remember The Times, which was to me Nas at his best. Just wondering, let me know people!!

Yeah i feel where your coming Pep. I think it's a VERY strong album. Hated on by some though. Disc 2 is more of a emotional movement of the double LP but is still on point with the flow and Disc 1 is an OUTSTANDING part with songs like:

Sekou Story (Prod. By Salaam Remi), Disciple (Prod. By DJ LES), You Know My Style (Prod. By Salaam Remi), Reason (Prod. By DJ LES) make it solid with good, on point production. Something about ""A Message To The Feds, Sincerely, We The People (Prod. By Salaam Remi & DJ LES)" made me by the album. Nas' flow is unique on this track.

"Making A Perfect B" is tight. Some of those verses made me laugh so much. Incredible.

The high point of the album can't be missed on the track "Streets Disciple." I really think this is Nas at almost his best his flow is f*ckn incredible here, ESPECIALLY that last verse. DAMN!!!

Longbongcilvaringz
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
i liked it quite abit actually, it just had too much filler, i made a single album out of it which was dope.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-19-2007, 02:04 PM
some beats ain't very good, but lyricly Nas proves he's a great MC...

Street's Disciple is my fav. track of it

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-19-2007, 02:19 PM
its not wack by any means,but to me personally it was a bit boring.
it has bangas though : war,messsage to the feds,nazareth savage,remember the times....
im rarely in the right mood to put this in to my cd player.

again,not wack but yeah its my least favourite nas album.

you liked Nastradamus better than this? This cd was very mixed there are alot of bangers on the first disc definately but I think he ran out of ideas for disc 2 cause most of those tracks (minus Thiefs Theme/Bridging The Gap/Streets Disciple/War (was ok)) but the rest were pretty bad No One Else In the Room wtf was that? The Makings of A Perfect Bich was real lame too. He should have made a better cd to follow up Stillmatic than Godīs Son then this he should of just waited a bit til he had a good collection of tracks

cap
04-19-2007, 02:22 PM
you liked Nastradamus better than this?

yes,
and streets disciple may be the better album,but i just enjoy listening to nastradamus more.
so...nastradamus is better imo.

SaqurakiHanamichi
04-19-2007, 02:29 PM
i just never liked it.

pep
04-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah i feel where your coming Pep. I think it's a VERY strong album. Hated on by some though. Disc 2 is more of a emotional movement of the double LP but is still on point with the flow and Disc 1 is an OUTSTANDING part with songs like:

Sekou Story (Prod. By Salaam Remi), Disciple (Prod. By DJ LES), You Know My Style (Prod. By Salaam Remi), Reason (Prod. By DJ LES) make it solid with good, on point production. Something about ""A Message To The Feds, Sincerely, We The People (Prod. By Salaam Remi & DJ LES)" made me by the album. Nas' flow is unique on this track.

"Making A Perfect B" is tight. Some of those verses made me laugh so much. Incredible.

The high point of the album can't be missed on the track "Streets Disciple." I really think this is Nas at almost his best his flow is f*ckn incredible here, ESPECIALLY that last verse. DAMN!!!
I always acknowledged Nas' lyrics, but i never really was a fan of his flow, but Sekous' Story changed that.....

IronFingaz7
04-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I feel if you make a single CD with this, it would be incredible.

P.E.A.C.E.

beardman
04-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I really like Nas, but always hated this cd. I don't know why, just hate it.

I think besides Nastradamus and this cd, all his cds are decent-great.
________
hashish (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

brown_dogg
04-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Disc 1 was amazing. I thought disc 2 had a few crappy tracks on it though. If this thing was shortened down to one disc it would've been sick. But there's already a crazy set of songs on both cds. "Theif's Theme" is one of my favs.

BRONZBODY
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
i liked it quite a bit actually, it just had too much filler.my only problem with it as well

Dirty Knowledge
04-19-2007, 06:16 PM
NaS is still one of the best in the game. The only thing wrong with SD's was probably the executives in charge of the album.

ThaGoldenChild07
04-19-2007, 06:45 PM
yes,
and streets disciple may be the better album,but i just enjoy listening to nastradamus more.
so...nastradamus is better imo.

Nastradamus is a good album to me too. I enjoy listening to it also.

Some of the beats I really don't like but Nas' lyrics are still just as good as any other track and complex to me, that's one of the reasons why I still listen to it.

Kenny Powers
04-19-2007, 06:47 PM
if you took the best songs off both discs and made it into 1 disc it would be classic, i dunno whos idea it was to make it a double lp

oldie
04-19-2007, 07:12 PM
thats one boring ass album IMO, one of his lesser quality albums to put it politley. eventhough HHID wasnt exactly a banger, i'd say it was better than SD in some places. but on the other hand SD does have its bangers!

Polocash7
04-19-2007, 10:34 PM
As a double LP,I expected more. I thought it would be near classic and it wasn't. Production(as usual) could have been better. Of course,if the LP was 1 disk,it would be a different stor

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
04-19-2007, 10:57 PM
if u take out the dope tracks from the wack ones, u have a great album, unfortunately it had way too many fillers.

Durag
04-20-2007, 05:38 AM
I just dont like this album i could never get into it i dont know why. Lyrically some of the songs arent bad, a lot of the beats are shit and so are some of the guests. I hate Sekou Story and Live Now from disk 1 coz Scarlett is just a shit rapper. I dont like The Making of a perfect Bitch, Suicide Bounce, No one else in the room, Bridging the gap (The beat just annoys me), Me & You, basically Disk 2 is pretty shit and theres a few shit ones on disk 1 as well although it is better. I never play this album, ive tried to get into it but it keeps gettin turned off.

Edgar Erebus
04-20-2007, 06:04 AM
I hate Sekou Story and Live Now from disk 1 coz Scarlett is just a shit rapper.

HAHAHAHA!!! Do you even know who Scarlett is??

Durag
04-20-2007, 06:09 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! Do you even know who Scarlett is??

No i just know she had a shit verse in Live Now i di=ont really care who she is, a shit verse is a shit verse

Edgar Erebus
04-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Hahahaha, I think you do care. She's Nas. He sped up his vocals to sound like a girl.

Durag
04-20-2007, 06:16 AM
^^What?!?!?!?! Oya i remember reading that somewhere ages ago but i though it was bullshit so i didnt pass any heed! Ya ur rite i do care i thought her 2 verses were shit doh what did u think of them? I would have never thought Nas wud hav wrote them!

Edgar Erebus
04-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Heh I liked them because Nas showed he can think like a female. No homo though. What I like about Nas is that he can rap like a millionaire, like a street thug, crime lord and even a girl. About quality... Yeah they are under Nas average, but to me it's more important to see what he can do as a female rapper, LOL.

BTW Scarlett verse on Sekou Story >>>>>>>> Scarlett verse on Live Now.

Durag
04-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Heh I liked them because Nas showed he can think like a female. No homo though. What I like about Nas is that he can rap like a millionaire, like a street thug, crime lord and even a girl. About quality... Yeah they are under Nas average, but to me it's more important to see what he can do as a female rapper, LOL.

BTW Scarlett verse on Sekou Story >>>>>>>> Scarlett verse on Live Now.

Ya basically agree with everything there. Nas has elements of all those types u mentioned and is respected by everyone wether its commercial or underground hip hop fans, hardcore, gangsta, west, east etc etc, and still maintains all his credibility. It just shows that when it comes to Nas his real quality as an emcee shines through