PDA

View Full Version : How Is DJ Premiere Better Than The Following...

The Prime Sithesizah
04-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Lord Finesse
Buckwild
Pete Rock
Erick Sermon
Showbiz

I don't understand what qualifies him among these heavyweights that easy... someone please explain.

NycEverything
04-23-2007, 09:38 AM
all those guys including premier contributed to the golden era of hip hop greatly. premo produced classic albums all the gangstarrs, jeru da damaja, group home, afu-ra, Nas, etc premier can take any wack mc and make him sound dope over his beats. apperantly you don't much about hip hop if you dont think hes qualified as a great

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
hes is constantly amazing.

i hope that answers your question.

eric sermon, buckwild, lord finesse and showbiz havent been as consistant.

maybe pete rock has, but he has a smaller catalogue.

The Prime Sithesizah
04-23-2007, 09:46 AM
all those guys including premier contributed to the golden era of hip hop greatly. premo produced classic albums all the gangstarrs, jeru da damaja, group home, afu-ra, Nas, etc premier can take any wack mc and make him sound dope over his beats. apperantly you don't much about hip hop if you dont think hes qualified as a great

I never said he wasn't great..
I'm sayin, how is his catalogue enrolled at a higher caliber than the one's listed.. even without consistancy.. Showbiz has produced endless classic beats... Lord Finesse is among the top 10 of all time.. Erick Sermon is like the mellow version of RZA... and Pete Rock.. let's not even start with his catalogue..

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2007, 09:49 AM
its your opinion that he isnt a great, its the wider opinion that he is.

you cant explain why you like those producers over him, so how will other people be able to tell you 'how he is good"?

The Prime Sithesizah
04-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm not sayin he isn't great... but personally, people overrated him... his style is consistently the "Boom-Bap" format normally.. he doesn't really experiment with other styles .. but that's just my opinion..

Erick Sermon - pioneered a whole different method of sampling. VERY VERY underrated and there's tooo many producers that have bit his style.

Showbiz - pioneered the "Crime Alley Jazz" beats.. then everybody else started coming along trying to make it seem like they started it.

Lord Finesse - pioneered the grimey NY sound with a little touch of Jazz, Classic format to it

Pete Rock - nothing else to say, he mastered his style and it's now in the likes of Kanye, Premo and Rockwilder ...

Be serious, Timbaland could keep producing and RZA could stop... all of a sudden people put Tim over RZA (example) ... that's idiotic ... As much as I'm a huge fan of Premo, I think people are rating him way too high because of his contribution to Illmatic and the GangStarr albums...

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm not sayin he isn't great... but personally, people overrated him... his style is consistently the "Boom-Bap" format normally.. he doesn't really experiment with other styles .. but that's just my opinion..

Erick Sermon - pioneered a whole different method of sampling. VERY VERY underrated and there's tooo many producers that have bit his style.

Showbiz - pioneered the "Crime Alley Jazz" beats.. then everybody else started coming along trying to make it seem like they started it.

Lord Finesse - pioneered the grimey NY sound with a little touch of Jazz, Classic format to it

Pete Rock - nothing else to say, he mastered his style and it's now in the likes of Kanye, Premo and Rockwilder ...

Be serious, Timbaland could keep producing and RZA could stop... all of a sudden people put Tim over RZA (example) ... that's idiotic ... As much as I'm a huge fan of Premo, I think people are rating him way too high because of his contribution to Illmatic and the GangStarr albums...

well no offense, but you havent exposed yourself to enough premo work if you think "he doesnt experiment"

look at his style from early gangstarr jazzy stuff, to harder punchier beats on Illmatic and Hard To Earn, to grimey more atmospheric stuff on jeru's albums, to hardcore banging stuff on MOP's album, to the current premo and you can see that he experiments with his style alot.

his format may remain similar but his style has evolved alot.

people rate him so highly because when you get a premo beat you know it will be dope, i cant think of one beat by him which i didnt like. i couldnt only say this possibly for stoupe and maybe for some other producers, but look at rza (not really comparable but jsut for example) he is a bonafide great, one of the best, and at times his beats imo have been mediocre or wack, and he has not been consistant at all. hes still a top three producer but you see what im getting at.

The Prime Sithesizah
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
well no offense, but you havent exposed yourself to enough premo work if you think "he doesnt experiment"

look at his style from early gangstarr jazzy stuff, to harder punchier beats on Illmatic and Hard To Earn, to grimey more atmospheric stuff on jeru's albums, to hardcore banging stuff on MOP's album, to the current premo and you can see that he experiments with his style alot.

his format may remain similar but his style has evolved alot.

people rate him so highly because when you get a premo beat you know it will be dope, i cant think of one beat by him which i didnt like. i couldnt only say this possibly for stoupe and maybe for some other producers, but look at rza (not really comparable but jsut for example) he is a bonafide great, one of the best, and at times his beats imo have been mediocre or wack, and he has not been consistant at all. hes still a top three producer but you see what im getting at.

Ok.. NOW i see what u mean..

Bis Fan
04-23-2007, 10:24 AM
it's just people's opinion ya clown :lmao:

bout to have a heart attack over nothing

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Ok.. NOW i see what u mean..

oh yeah, and eric sermon is probably one of the most copied producers ever, got to agree with you on that one.

The Hound
04-23-2007, 10:48 AM
when you hear a track you can tell if its dj premier instantly ... dj premier and all the aforementioned producers are dope ... fuck bickering over whos better just enjoy their shit ...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I think Primo is the only one that I can see instantly when I hear the track, that its his...

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
9th wonder...Stoupe....Eminem...

those are names that come to mind, i can always recognise a eminem beat lol.

Scribbles
04-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Lord Finesse
Buckwild
Pete Rock
Erick Sermon
Showbiz

I don't understand what qualifies him among these heavyweights that easy... someone please explain.

All those producers are LEGENDARY IMO. So there's no reason to compare them. Premier is NICE at Production but his turntablism is what brought him the fame much like Pete Rock. Premier just brings a certain vibe to his beats...

11th Chamber
04-23-2007, 12:25 PM
RZA is the only one I put over Premier

Jamal Noor
04-23-2007, 12:32 PM
J dilla changed my whole perspective on who the greatest producers are

but yeah i prefer Primo to all them kats on your list

and i LOVE alot of pete rock shit

Kenny Powers
04-23-2007, 01:25 PM
my 3 favorite songs off illmatic were all produced by him: my state of mind, represent, and memory lane. his sound is like no other and if nas wants to make another classic, he needs premos production

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
04-23-2007, 01:30 PM
the answer is simple...he makes good beats.

VallKano
04-23-2007, 01:44 PM
that new premier joint classic is garbage i mean honestly delete it from rap history never to be heard again who would care?

buckwild on the other hand is one of the hardest producers ever

NY_Mami
04-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Y'all still askin' this question?????????????????...........

zeppelin2k
04-23-2007, 05:07 PM
rza didnt even make ur list.....

cap
04-23-2007, 05:20 PM
his production is the epitome of hip hop
he's definitely the all time greatest imo.