PDA

View Full Version : // Faith //

born invincible
04-23-2007, 10:50 AM
been meaning to make this thread for a while...

Faith?

given the wide variety of members here with a variety of beliefs.. i wonder what faith means to you all individually.

the reason i ask this is because in the past ive seen a lot of personal beliefs laid down by different people with different ideas of religion how they see it or dont see it.

everything from Christianity to NGE to Islam and etc...

for the more serious.. i wonder if there is any physical evidence or experiences that has led one to believe what they believe.

or... is it merely a faith issue.

i myself believe what i believe based on my upbringing and faith. any religious scripture that ive seen for that matter was not the sole reason i believe what i believe. for me its a lot about faith. me being right or wrong is not the issue its simply what i choose to believe.

when the discussions begin that involve the NGE and the 5% things usually turn into a white man is devil type discussion.

among other religions that are discussed here that one sparks the most interest to me.

for those that follow that particular belief.. what has led you to that road? what facts do you base this belief on or is simple a matter of faith?

i ask this because i see strong convictions in statements regarding this belief by many members here who follow that.

i see a lot of quoting from the Qu'ran.. and i wonder if that reading and studying this book has led those to believe and follow it.

i also seen many times where people mention that holy books are not literal or have been intentionally or un-intentionally altered through time. is this taken into account when ones belief system comes into play?

peace!

Kong
04-23-2007, 12:02 PM
I have faith in myself in my life, I know I'm apart of that light and that's apart of it, my hard times led me to this, if I never saw all I have in the last 6 years I'd probably still have all my faith in the air and feel hard done by.

Scripture and stuff just helps me make sense of things - if I can make sense of it.

abasi
04-23-2007, 12:44 PM
i really dont have faith in too much
to me faith is believing in something
that there is no proof of

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
i have faith in things i think are factual.

so i guess i have faith in myself, thats about it.

Ultimate Fist
04-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I have no faith as none of the religious texts were created by faith. God zoomed down and said stuff. Buddha sits under a tree and reaches enlightenment. The books admit faith doesnt work. Only direct experience.

The world is screwed up because of faith. If God/Allah/etc came down and told everybody personally what to do, they would do it and there would be no conflict because everyone would know what God wants. But because no one has seen God in like 1000 years, everyone is arguing over something they dont even know 100% is true.

born invincible
04-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I have no faith as none of the religious texts were created by faith. God zoomed down and said stuff. Buddha sits under a tree and reaches enlightenment. The books admit faith doesnt work. Only direct experience.

The world is screwed up because of faith. If God/Allah/etc came down and told everybody personally what to do, they would do it and there would be no conflict because everyone would know what God wants. But because no one has seen God in like 1000 years, everyone is arguing over something they dont even know 100% is true.

interesting.

so if you have no faith... what its is it that guides you and motivates your beliefs? are you a direct experience person?

i can see how direct experiences could lead to how one believes in what they do or dont.

Ultimate Fist
04-23-2007, 08:54 PM
interesting.

so if you have no faith... what its is it that guides you and motivates your beliefs? are you a direct experience person?

i can see how direct experiences could lead to how one believes in what they do or dont.

Definitely a direct experience person. I try different things out and see if and how they work.

tekunique
04-24-2007, 12:08 AM
faith exists from within before you add any religion to it...... if you have faith from the inner, everything you approach & face becomes much more clear IMO

Kong
04-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Definitely a direct experience person. I try different things out and see if and how they work.

that sounds a bit dangerous?