PDA

View Full Version : Gza has become dull

THE W
04-27-2007, 07:54 AM
the Gza/genius is an institution of great lyrical content. unfortunately thats all he's got.

his rap presentation is horrible. the guys flow is almost non-existent and his delivery sounds like he's rhyming from bed. you have to be willing to look past these two factors to appreciate this guy.

someone can write the best book report ever but if he gets in front of people and doesnt know how to deliver it, no one is gonna be interested. they wont care how good the content is.

im not saying the guy needs to have delivery like Rza on 6 feet deep and flow like method man, he just needs to step his flow and delivery game up to a satisfactory level. some examples of him with good flow and delivery:

third world
guillotine
wu banga 101

Gza has always had a laid back delivery but now he sounds like he's on downers. the flow is where he really suffers though.

be nice(nevermind, this is bring the ruckus)

Bis Fan
04-27-2007, 09:28 AM
everyone has a different flow

all I can tell you is if you don't like it then don't listen

Bis Fan
04-27-2007, 09:30 AM
I mean his flows Associated and Cameo were about as animated as you can get from Gza.

Kong
04-27-2007, 09:42 AM
to cool.

you have to be in the right mood to listen to his stuff.

J.T.S.
04-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Gza has a real monotone flow like Guru, and Nas, and Masta killa.

i think his delivery was at an all time high on "Liquid Swords".

And on "Reunited" he sounded pissed off, and he murdered the track.

You have to be used to him, i know a few people that feel the same as you,.

THE W
04-27-2007, 10:43 AM
nas is hardly monotone, guru is sorta in the same boat as Gza, masta killa still has a mean flow so he's cool, though sometimes he falls asleep too.

its the flow that really bothers me though as i said, Gza was always laid back.

i'm one of the biggest Gza supporters on this site(without being a zombie dickrider) and i'm looking forward to Gza's next project. but other than liquid swords which has Rza superior soundscape and help from the generals its hard for me to go back to his other albums cuz his lack of presentation kills the replay value of his albums.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
I actually agree.

tbh I actually prefer to listen to ridiculous made up fantasy over blown Cam'ron type lyrics to GZA's boring things now, its more interesting its like watching Sopranos over Days of Our Lives

crass
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
dude what's up with you mentioning Cam'ron in every post now???

Paranoid
04-27-2007, 12:37 PM
he got his tungue up camron asshole just like dipset got they tungue up the dirty south's asshole fuck all them niggas they ruining hiphop if big L was still around i bet he'd smack the fuckin shit outta of camron for being such a phony faggot when he was at once decent

THE W
04-27-2007, 08:06 PM
as far as flow, that's not gonna be affected by age, unless the guy is developing Alzheimer's. method man and raekwon have not lost their flow and have actually improved.

leaguer1
04-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Nope.

PailFace
04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't really find GZA boring in any way. What he might lack sometimes in charisma, I think he makes up for in just straight dope lyrics. Although, I kinda see what you're saying - I sometimes wish that he was delivering those dope lyrics with the same kind of energy he showed on say.... Damage, or some of the others songs that you mentioned. But I don't think he comes across sleepy all the time or anything, Illusory Protection sounded pretty mean, IMO.

Dokuro
04-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Blasfemers

Longbongcilvaringz
04-28-2007, 02:31 PM
the Gza/genius is an institution of great lyrical content. unfortunately thats all he's got.

his rap presentation is horrible. the guys flow is almost non-existent and his delivery sounds like he's rhyming from bed. you have to be willing to look past these two factors to appreciate this guy.

someone can write the best book report ever but if he gets in front of people and doesnt know how to deliver it, no one is gonna be interested. they wont care how good the content is.

im not saying the guy needs to have delivery like Rza on 6 feet deep and flow like method man, he just needs to step his flow and delivery game up to a satisfactory level. some examples of him with good flow and delivery:

third world
guillotine
wu banga 101

Gza has always had a laid back delivery but now he sounds like he's on downers. the flow is where he really suffers though.

see this makes him not dull for me. in fact it makes him stand out from all the dull shit.

and his flow is decent on GM imo, it doesnt detract from the album, although some of the average beats muggs chose to use do,

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-28-2007, 02:31 PM

third world
guillotine
wu banga 101

i think Gza has the illest delivery in the Wu. and if u wanna see him flow like the blood on the murder scene, go check to Liquid Swords track(and the whole album). and if he became boring to you, dont listen to him...

THE W
04-28-2007, 02:37 PM
there's no way in hell he has the illest delivery in wu. do you remember that wu has ODB, method man and ghostface? do you even know what delivery is or are you like many who cant differentiate between flow, delivery, and lyrics?

i've heard liquid swords G. he's certainly better flow-wise on that then he is now.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-28-2007, 02:43 PM
first off, I aint a dumb muhfucka. that's my personal opinion. a and i aint sayin he's still as dope as in the early 90's and before, but meth aint got as dope delivery as gza.

of natural blend diseases >> that's delivery..

THE W
04-28-2007, 03:13 PM
are you quoting lyrics to display Gza's delivery?

EDIT: i dont think you're dumb as i dont know enough about you(or at least read enough of you on the forum) to make that determination. i am wondering if you understand the difference between flow, delivery, and lyrical content cuz many people tend to think of them as one and the same.

da kid toney
04-28-2007, 03:15 PM
i heard he´s on meth no homo

Dante
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I agree, but i would say his flow and delivery went to the worse around the time he dropped GM. He sounds boring through out that whole album, he sounded more awake on BTS and LOTLS, and his flow was still decent (tho his flow on LS was at his peak). Another problem he has is beat selection, the beats from his last 2 albums are average, BTS had decent production, but nothing special.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
are you quoting lyrics to display Gza's delivery?

EDIT: i dont think you're dumb as i dont know enough about you(or at least read enough of you on the forum) to make that determination. i am wondering if you understand the difference between flow, delivery, and lyrical content cuz many people tend to think of them as one and the same.

yeah i dig that shit, and its true there's many ignorant fools around here, but im not one.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I agree, but i would say his flow and delivery went to the worse around the time he dropped GM. He sounds boring through out that whole album, he sounded more awake on BTS and LOTLS, and his flow was still decent (tho his flow on LS was at his peak). Another problem he has is beat selection, the beats from his last 2 albums are average, BTS had decent production, but nothing special.

GrandMasters was recorded in a week...and he just combined some older written lyrics with Muggs beats and written some new ones...

IMO, the slow delivery on GM suits the album well...if you don't like it, then fuck it...I don't see nothing wrong

Masta Chilla
04-29-2007, 02:16 PM
gza's flow isn't that bad... but he was betta in the early 90's... he sounds a bit powerless tha last time maybe he shouldn't go to bed too late

Dante
04-29-2007, 02:34 PM
GrandMasters was recorded in a week...

and it shows too.

Scáth Bán
04-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I think he had some good energy on Destruction of a Guard.

Bis Fan
04-29-2007, 06:25 PM
^ Where's my fucking Sig?!?!?!?!?

noel411
04-29-2007, 11:17 PM
He's fallen off a bit. He's old. It shows. I'd still rather listen to him than anybody else in the game though, even if just for lyrics alone. I think in the period from '36 Chambers' to 'Forever', inclusive of both albums, he had one of the illest flows ever. After that it got pretty standard, bar a few verses. I think his delivery was actually really good on everything up until GM, where it took a bit of a fall. His flow dropped off a bit on that album too, although it was still good enough. Strange thing is, I think on the 'Think Differently' album, and all the other tracks he's appeared in since, aside from on GM, he basically sounds about the same as he did during the BTS-LOTLS period. It was just on GM he sounded a little less focused. Maybe it was rushed? Maybe it was a problem in mixing and mastering? Or maybe he just got a bit lazy during the recording of that album? Who knows? But certainly I thought he was at his worst performance wise, though still pretty good as a whole, great lyrically, and I do like the album a lot.

Whatever the case, I still favour him over anybody else, and would very much look forward to hearing any new music from him.

Dante
04-30-2007, 12:07 AM
I think in the period from '36 Chambers' to 'Forever', inclusive of both albums, he had one of the illest flows ever. After that it got pretty standard, bar a few verses. I think his delivery was actually really good on everything up until GM, where it took a bit of a fall. His flow dropped off a bit on that album too.

Thats exactly how i feel. In between 93-97 he had a sick flow and delivery, with Liquid Swords being his peak.

11th Chamber
04-30-2007, 02:17 AM
he came nice on Masta Killa's "Street Corners"

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-30-2007, 02:56 AM
yup, GM was rushed

if he takes a little more time he can flow better again...he's just not like Meth, Ghost or Rae to just attack the track

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2007, 03:05 AM
He's fallen off a bit. He's old. It shows. I'd still rather listen to him than anybody else in the game though, even if just for lyrics alone. I think in the period from '36 Chambers' to 'Forever', inclusive of both albums, he had one of the illest flows ever. After that it got pretty standard, bar a few verses. I think his delivery was actually really good on everything up until GM, where it took a bit of a fall. His flow dropped off a bit on that album too, although it was still good enough. Strange thing is, I think on the 'Think Differently' album, and all the other tracks he's appeared in since, aside from on GM, he basically sounds about the same as he did during the BTS-LOTLS period. It was just on GM he sounded a little less focused. Maybe it was rushed? Maybe it was a problem in mixing and mastering? Or maybe he just got a bit lazy during the recording of that album? Who knows? But certainly I thought he was at his worst performance wise, though still pretty good as a whole, great lyrically, and I do like the album a lot.

Whatever the case, I still favour him over anybody else, and would very much look forward to hearing any new music from him.

yeah this is my opinion to, on Think Differently his delivery was the same as always, especially on the first track with Ras Kass.

the GM album was good imo, but there was something about it in general which was a bit off. the lyrics were great, some of the most visual stuff gza has come, but the beats to me seemed to be the reason it was dull, there are some good beats, but then there are some like "Those That's Bout It", "Illusory Protection" and "Smothered Mate" that really dont complement gza's style. I dunno, GM had some hard beats on it, but they were to harsh or something, didnt fit.

Muggs is a great producer but i dont think he got it right on GM.

people need to appreciate the lyrics on GM, gza;s flow isnt that bad, you guys listen to fucking dipset, g-unit etc, im sure you can get past his flow. the lyrics really are quality on Grand Masters

noel411
04-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Word up Sean. This verse alone is better than the last 5 odd years of hip hop...

Half of these rap lyrics ain't thoughts prevoked
Just alotta beef, til they get caught in smoke
But the problem is never cured, on top of that
Most of them be swingin' wild and then drop the bat
Many curious spectators, watch the human drama
This rap cat was all in the street without his armor
A homicidal attempt, that had failed
He flew off the roof, on the fence, got impaled
He talked a good one, but it was make believe
Much too low, for the human ear to perceive
He confused science fiction with science facts
He couldn't separate the block, from the recorded tracks
Need a rhyme or the tactic, gotta work your magic
Detailed and graphic, but the outcome is tragic
Something built to a complex network
With a panoramic vision, designed by experts
I be the ice breaker, for you unskilled skaters
I increase the heat significantly, just on paper

I'd rather listen to a tired mc spitting shit like that than some dude with mad energy and a tight flow rapping about guns and being a hardcore street thug.

One more thing, I find it hilarious how people complain about Gza sounding lazy, and then talk about Doom as if he's some kind of hip hop saviour. I honestly couldn't give half a shit if people think he's boring or don't like him, but at least be consistent with your reasoning.

EDIT: That last comment wasn't directed at anybody in this thread.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2007, 04:02 AM
yep, thats what im talking about, you look at the double meaning and word play even in the first few lines, and its more interesting than all the "dull" bullshit that people rave about because such and such has a "dope flow" or "crazy multies".

the majority of hip hop fans are to superficial and easily impressed by shit with no meaning, but which sounds cool.

i like a great flow, like ghost's or rae's just like the next fan, even when they do just say things that sound good over a beat.

but that doesnt mean you cant appreciate something that sounds different.

hm, ive just been listening to the album again, and there are only a few tracks on which his flow is what i would consider lazy or laid back: "Exploitation Of Mistakes", "Advance Pawns", "Queens Gambit", and "Unprotected Pieces", "Those That's Bout It"

and his flow is appropriate on "Queens Gambit" and "Exploitation Of Mistakes" because of the subject matter and the beat.

just go back an listen to "Destruction Of A Guard", "General Principles", "Unstoppable Threats", "Illusory Protection" and "Smothered Mate" and gza is actually pretty much flowing like he always has, his delivery is more up tempo then alot of his work post 2000 on these tracks.

go listen to the album again properly people instead of getting caught up on a few minor problems.

Rebel_INS
04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I feel where your comin from, he definately doesnt sound like he did on LS or anything around that time, but I think he still gots flow. Plus, GZA gots lyrics yo!

TSA
04-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I mean his flows Associated and Cameo were about as animated as you can get from Gza.

bull.

what about...

Damage
Clan In The Front
I Gotcha Back.

what the guy said about the book report thing is the truest shit ever.

I don't consider GZA a top 10, hardly even 20 for this exact reason.
it dont matter how nasty niggas get with the pen, if you can spit it, your weak. It's not so much he has 0 delievery, he has like -5 delievery and it takes away from his lines and song quality.

I think the problem is he takes himself way too seriously now. Before he was funnier, and you can tell he was having more fun, like on Damage.

his focused 100% on writing and there for has 0 stage presence, delievery, flow, energy, you name it, with makes him unbalanced like elepants and ants on seasaws.

TSA
04-30-2007, 01:19 PM
even think about it, forget the fact that this guy is Gza, and he has a history, and you personally liked him.

If a dude with no prior cult following got on stage and was kickin that shit infront of a crowd for too long they'd get pissed off and start booing. Which defeats the whole purpose of MC, moving crowds.

Dante
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
It takes more than just great lyricism to make you a great MC, what's the point of having amazing lyrics, if your delivery and flow are boring? Shit doesn't balance out.

Dirty Knowledge
04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
GM was a classic.

deadlymelody
04-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Well I respect and do in fact see most of the points in this thread, when it comes down to it, when GZA rhymes, I listen.

Bis Fan
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
If you need a highly animated flow to keep your attention then maybe Gza is not for you

-Abbot spit

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2007, 09:47 PM
bull.

what about...

Damage
Clan In The Front
I Gotcha Back.

what the guy said about the book report thing is the truest shit ever.

I don't consider GZA a top 10, hardly even 20 for this exact reason.
it dont matter how nasty niggas get with the pen, if you can spit it, your weak. It's not so much he has 0 delievery, he has like -5 delievery and it takes away from his lines and song quality.

I think the problem is he takes himself way too seriously now. Before he was funnier, and you can tell he was having more fun, like on Damage.

his focused 100% on writing and there for has 0 stage presence, delievery, flow, energy, you name it, with makes him unbalanced like elepants and ants on seasaws.

what the fuck are you talking about?

your just hugely exagerating everything, -5 delivery?

his delivery isnt alot different to how it has always been, you obviously dont like him as an mc on a whole.

THE W
05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
If you need a highly animated flow to keep your attention then maybe Gza is not for you

-Abbot spit
masta killa's delivery isnt animated either but at least he has a nice flow. Gza has neither now and the guy really has to spit lava to make up for lackthereof.

TSA
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
what the fuck are you talking about?

your just hugely exagerating everything, -5 delivery?

his delivery isnt alot different to how it has always been, you obviously dont like him as an mc on a whole.

i meant -6 delievery.

Listen, your a Wu fan im a Wu fan we know who Gza is we can appreciate him, but if a cat came on stage spitting like Gza infront of the crowd the like of liveliness will take away from his lyrics, everyone will space it off, get bored, then start booing.

ill lines aren't 100% of rap like Gza got into the habit of thinking.

Bigot Hitman
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I'd rather listen to a tired mc spitting shit like that than some dude with mad energy and a tight flow rapping about guns and being a hardcore street thug.

Well duke is like 42 or 43 years old, i don't know why people expect him to be some hype fast flowin mc anyways.

But if gza doesn't have good beats, then he's hard to listen to for me, cuz he's so inanimate in his rhymes, and his voice never goes up or down anymore, it just stays at one level which comes of real boring.

I rather listen to somebody like Bun b, with a more street hardcore mix, and faster more complex flow over good beats, than Gza who if he doesn't have the right beats, can put u to sleep. Kool g rap's last few songs i've heard have been the same way too, boring.

CEITEDMOFO
05-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Na G Rap Stays Killa

Durag
05-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Rae and Decks flows have changed and become kinda borin too. And as much as i love the GZA (hes always been my favourite in the clan), his flow def has become borin.

even think about it, forget the fact that this guy is Gza, and he has a history, and you personally liked him.

If a dude with no prior cult following got on stage and was kickin that shit infront of a crowd for too long they'd get pissed off and start booing. Which defeats the whole purpose of MC, moving crowds.

To be a great MC you need a bit of everything, not just one. How many rappers are out there who have good flows and deliveries, but shit lyrics, and get hated on this site for it? I think lyrics are nearly the most important trait a rapper needs to be a great MC, but to be honest, if theyve a shit flow and delivery, i might as well just read their lyrics instead of listening to them rap, coz thats all they are, lyrics.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-02-2007, 10:19 AM
i meant -6 delievery.

Listen, your a Wu fan im a Wu fan we know who Gza is we can appreciate him, but if a cat came on stage spitting like Gza infront of the crowd the like of liveliness will take away from his lyrics, everyone will space it off, get bored, then start booing.

ill lines aren't 100% of rap like Gza got into the habit of thinking.

yeah but your exagerating it so much, his flow is a bit off on some tracks...

its not like he is unlistenable, for me anyway.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
i was gonna diss that muhfucka who fucked up the thread wit quote 100 times in one post, but yeaaaah life is beautiful, i gotta plane to catch, but i aint got iron gloves...

tekunique
05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
i admit, he's repeated some flows on GM but overall he's far from dull.. he just needs to be a little more amped on tracks then he'll be fine. lyrics are still top notch & his concepts are always on point, or shall i say "sharp".

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Grandmasters was ill I dont really mind that tired flow it still sounds alright to me on Those Thats Bout It for example its laid back but its so lyrical it dosent matter

Longbongcilvaringz
05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
hm, yeah i think the album was probably just recorded to hastily.

obviously his lyrics were prepared in advance, but the production seems rushed, maybe the recording time is why his flow isnt what it should be on some track.

who knows.

CEITEDMOFO
05-03-2007, 06:03 AM
Gza R.i.p.

Bis Fan
05-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Gza = top 5 dead or alive

close thread

Fresh Breath
05-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Gza = top 5 dead or alive

close thread

Yea man Gza still deadly in my eyes!!

Dante
05-05-2007, 01:11 AM
General Principles was tight as fuck, definetly my favorite track on GM, GZA sounded ill, and the production was decent enough. However, on tracks like Destruction of a Guard and Smothered Mate, GZA sounded sick as fuck also, but the beat ruined it (IMO at least), and on some tracks he would have sick lines but a shitty flow or delivery. So yeah, GM definetly sounds rushed as fuck, and i know GZA can do better, he sounded sick as fuck when he did his verse from Illusory Protection live to the Criminology beat on that XM satelitle radio show, but on the album version he sounds like shit. GZA has always had a laidback delivery, but back in the day he sounded very threatning, but now he just sounds tired, but the dude is getting old so who knows.

Ya_Bane
05-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but I agree with wade that GZA got a pretty boring flow lately. On Grandmasters he didn't deliver at all. He turned the energy up for Associated tho, on Wisemen.

But I think Rae have sounded just as tired on a bit too many newer tracks also. I hope he doesn't sound like that on the whole CL2-album. I wanna hear him like on Weeping Tiger.

PailFace
05-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Word up Sean. This verse alone is better than the last 5 odd years of hip hop...

Half of these rap lyrics ain't thoughts prevoked
Just alotta beef, til they get caught in smoke
But the problem is never cured, on top of that
Most of them be swingin' wild and then drop the bat
Many curious spectators, watch the human drama
This rap cat was all in the street without his armor
A homicidal attempt, that had failed
He flew off the roof, on the fence, got impaled
He talked a good one, but it was make believe
Much too low, for the human ear to perceive
He confused science fiction with science facts
He couldn't separate the block, from the recorded tracks
Need a rhyme or the tactic, gotta work your magic
Detailed and graphic, but the outcome is tragic
Something built to a complex network
With a panoramic vision, designed by experts
I be the ice breaker, for you unskilled skaters
I increase the heat significantly, just on paper

Fucking dope verse, but its "Thought Provoking" Yah... I know, I'm a nit-picker for lyrics.

noel411
05-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Fucking dope verse, but its "Thought Provoking" Yah... I know, I'm a nit-picker for lyrics.
I copied and pasted that verse from a lyrics site, but I disagree with you anyway. Yes "thought provoking" is a common term that we are all familiar with, and it would have fit the line, but I don't think that's what he was saying. I think he said "thoughts provoked" (actually I think he said "thought" rather than "thoughts") to suggest that rappers don't put thought into lyrics when they're writing. What they write is not provoked by any real thought.

RAMESH
05-08-2007, 04:55 AM
gza is the only mc who is worthy to sit next to pac

PailFace
05-08-2007, 05:05 AM
I copied and pasted that verse from a lyrics site, but I disagree with you anyway. Yes "thought provoking" is a common term that we are all familiar with, and it would have fit the line, but I don't think that's what he was saying. I think he said "thoughts provoked" (actually I think he said "thought" rather than "thoughts") to suggest that rappers don't put thought into lyrics when they're writing. What they write is not provoked by any real thought.

I guess either one of us could be right, really. One of those "you say potato, I say potato" situations. The only one who could really clear it up is the Genius himself, but I doubt he'd come through like Bronze, considering the hate-on that the Generals seem to have for this site.

Hmmmm.... I just listened to it again, a few times.... sounds like maybe you were correct. In any case, this might be my favorite song on GM.

Fresh Breath
05-31-2007, 05:45 PM
I guess either one of us could be right, really. One of those "you say potato, I say potato" situations. The only one who could really clear it up is the Genius himself, but I doubt he'd come through like Bronze, considering the hate-on that the Generals seem to have for this site.

Hmmmm.... I just listened to it again, a few times.... sounds like maybe you were correct. In any case, this might be my favorite song on GM.

Yea i think its "thought provoked" too.

But why u think the generals hate on the site?!

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-01-2007, 12:53 AM
cuz of 14 yrs old kiddos spreadin the hate...

Longbongcilvaringz
06-06-2007, 10:55 AM
cuz they dont care about their fans/cant take criticism

fixed.

Wyze Waze Allah
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM

third world
guillotine
wu banga 101

have u bumped yo head, da nigga forty, flow gon suffer a little btu he is still the bes tlyricsist in wu-tang and in da game yo, he is a lyrical god figure man, c'mon dude, wisen up peace

THE W
06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
i believe big daddy kane is also 40 but his verse on "cameo afro" shows he can still flow as good as any of these young wipper-snappers.

has anybody noticed that Gza recyles a lot of his material, mostly on guests spots?

Wyze Waze Allah
06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
i believe big daddy kane is also 40 but his verse on "cameo afro" shows he can still flow as good as any of these young wipper-snappers.

has anybody noticed that Gza recyles a lot of his material, mostly on guests spots?

on guest apperances liek who, gza is jsut chillin now, he made his mark in hiphop
grandmasters was a hell of an album, his flow was not wacc on dat, ti was a classic, no recyvled shit on there

THE W
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
yeah i guess he has since he's been reusing lyrics on guest joints so much. his verse on "advanced pawns" takes lyrics from "breaker breaker" and "sparring minds".

9 milli brothers he uses lyrics from "auto bio" and "knock knock"

cameo afro he uses lines from "duel of the iron mic" and "mic trippin"
his verse on fam members was recycled from the W
he uses the ending bar from a song he did with vinnie paz on "rush"
a verse he did for a song with jus allah(not pool of blood) was a recycled verse from words from the genius.

i've been noticing he's been doing it a lot lately.

DJMethods
06-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Man, what do you do when listening to GZA? I only listen to him when I wanna kick back and chill, not get amped up and go stomp people.

Perfect example of this is Exploitation Of Mistakes - Dope, dope track. Just sit back, and let the genius paint a picture in your mind, no one can compare. Now if he was spitting with delivery and charisma like Meth, that song would be SHIT. His laid back flow makes a lot of his songs...

Try spitting truth (The type he does) with amped delivery, ya really can't do it. Same with Master Ace, he's laid back as fuck, but it's so you can hear all his words and the meaning behind them, also for those interested in the technical ways of his rhyming.

Liquid Swords is a completely different album to GM. The fact GZA can change up his flow so successfully to get different vibes to different albums shows his talent..

Can understand why you don't like it, but he did it for a reason. This isn't him "falling off", he can switch up everything about his style; Flow, delivery, all to get a different effect.

THE W
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Gza doesnt switch up anything. he has always had the same monotone, laid back delivery. its just that now his flow has gone south and his delivery has gone from laid back to laid to rest.

the fact that you said you listen to him when you wanna relax agrees with my point. i personally dont have a time or mood when i listen to a certain artist. i can listen to anybody at anytime.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-07-2007, 05:04 PM

Try spitting truth (The type he does) with amped delivery, ya really can't do it. Same with Master Ace, he's laid back as fuck, but it's so you can hear all his words and the meaning behind them.

True!

DJMethods
06-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Gza doesnt switch up anything. he has always had the same monotone, laid back delivery. its just that now his flow has gone south and his delivery has gone from laid back to laid to rest.

the fact that you said you listen to him when you wanna relax agrees with my point. i personally dont have a time or mood when i listen to a certain artist. i can listen to anybody at anytime.

Dont really think so, but you're not wrong in saying it. He's gone even more laid back, but he was a bit more purposeful in the past. I don't see it as a bad thing, it's different, but it's not from him being bored and half-arsed, he'd want it to be like that, all of the Wu is changing up their style.. GZA is the only one I really like.

I'm not really disagreeing with anything, said he's changed up, but not fallen off or that it's worse. He's goin with a different style, feel it or your dont, you obviously dont. nothin wrong with that, just harsh to say he's lazy and shit.

ShaolinDarts
06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
gza is the only mc who is worthy to sit next to pac

Pac isn't worthy to sit next to Gza

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Pac isn't worthy to sit next to Gza

both are very different, but both are legends...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
06-09-2007, 02:37 PM
both are very different, but both are legends...

straight up! very different mc's...

RevelaShaun 6:8
06-10-2007, 03:15 AM
I for one like each of the WUs Style. Each one brings somthin diffrent to the table . Most youngsters think that if they rhyme fast thats makes a great rapper. That is non-sense. Yes flow is important but content is what I listen too and GZA brings pure content.

Dante
06-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Content is important, but so is flow and delivery. Like i said before, GZA has always had a laid back delivery, but dude use to sound very threatning back in the day, and had a nice flow too. Now he just sounds tired as hell, and his flow has gone downhill, even tho he still has it lyrically, but he does a few recent verses where he does sound awake here and there.