PDA

View Full Version : Mos Def tru3 magic 2

rulazigzagziagallah
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
pt 1 was dope for the most part and im really lookin forward to pt 2 but i havent heard anything about a release date anybody know?

Kong
04-29-2007, 03:03 PM
1st one was ok but I never really got into it.

drippie k
04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
theres a pÓrt 2?

CITY ZEEKER
04-29-2007, 04:55 PM
i herd the true magic was just a mixtape released just cause but tru3 magic is the real album suppose to drop but i dnt kno wen

cboals
04-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Nah, what happened is Geffen put it out because it got leaked, then they "unreleased" it and plan to re-release it this spring/summer with several bonus tracks and a large booklet.

CITY ZEEKER
04-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Nah, what happened is Geffen put it out because it got leaked, then they "unreleased" it and plan to re-release it this spring/summer with several bonus tracks and a large booklet.

hopefully the bonus tracks will inspire me to listen more to the album.. mos gots to come bak to tht brooklyn habitat state of mind hes goin on the margin doin his space/rock music which isnt really attracting... bring it bak mos TO THEM BLACK ON BOTH SIDES DAYS

TrueDciple
04-29-2007, 08:10 PM
i had true magic and return it, only like 2 joints out of the entire album./(

The Ghost
04-29-2007, 08:31 PM
i had true magic and return it, only like 2 joints out of the entire album./(
Damn, i heard stuff about this album so I never bought it lol

TrueDciple
04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Damn, i heard stuff about this album so I never bought it lol

u better without it,

chiba
04-29-2007, 09:49 PM
1st one was ok but I never really got into it.

it didnt come close to black on both sides
miss the rawkus days

Hayabusa
04-30-2007, 12:06 PM
ha I enjoyed the album. Mos has never dissappointed me. I was jammin tha album just last week. Ya'll expect to much and set your standards to high. I look at every album as a clean slate and a level playing field.

lord patch
04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
hopefully the bonus tracks will inspire me to listen more to the album.. mos gots to come bak to tht brooklyn habitat state of mind hes goin on the margin doin his space/rock music which isnt really attracting... bring it bak mos TO THEM BLACK ON BOTH SIDES DAYS

peace,

i'm glad mos if moving the art form forward like miles did with his fusion and "on the corner" and what the funkedelics did with "maggot brain". you see and feel the invention and new hope in the recent mos projects. tur magic was a smash up what made the digital feel like vinyl.

big ups

kh

UNCLE RUCKUS
04-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I dont get the hate for this cd it was real good and a hell of alot more interesting for me than New Danger was. This was a much more simplified approach lyrically but it has alot of soul in it. Katrina Clap, Murder of A Teenage Life and The Undeniable were some of the strongest tracks from 2006. He was even arrested (probably for the lyrical content of Katrina Clap) because I┤ve seen many pre-shows for the music awards and they never shut people down like that before. Only Rage Against the Machine were also arrested downtown (filming a video with Micheal Moore). Which shows that anybody with a different perspective than the ruling right wing partisans is going to be shut down. Mos Def is one of the best we┤ve got lets appreciate him more and hope he makes more music than acting

11th Chamber
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Mos has slipped bigtime, IMO. Not sayin he cant come back with a dope album tho

CITY ZEEKER
04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
peace,

i'm glad mos if moving the art form forward like miles did with his fusion and "on the corner" and what the funkedelics did with "maggot brain". you see and feel the invention and new hope in the recent mos projects. tur magic was a smash up what made the digital feel like vinyl.

big ups

kh

word up i liked the new style starting off with the new danger, and i adapted to his style somewhat, waiting and hoping he would kill the listeners with a Black on both sides kind of flavor, but he came out with true magic, which isnt bad, its lyrical, beats is ok, but damn i was expecting something to be amazed in awe, wat can i say the brother has alot of potential..and yeh i do think he can do a way better album to beat off black on both sides no doubt, either way i got alot of love for mos but not feeling his style after the new danger..

Koolish
04-30-2007, 05:29 PM
i haven't heard the album, but with most post BOBS shit, Mos seems like he's trying too hard to be hardcore. his style of speech has become more like "eh yo, I'm mos y'nahmean, don't fuck wimme" whereas before he was like "sit down and open your mind to a bit of wisdom".

P-Noid Brown
05-02-2007, 01:15 PM
true magic is dope as hell... i wanna he mos get on his grind though...i wanna see him work with dope tracks...his production at times is iffy.... it would be great to see him work with a couple of producers like:
88 keys
hi-tek
d.j. premiere
kayne west
9th wonder
sa-ra..
i would love to hear a mos def hip-hop complete hip-hop...not saying his albums aren't hip-hop but there is alot of experimenting which is dope for an artist to do because most people don't , i love mos singin too but after 2 albums of experimenting come home for a minute and bless the people the right way then go back to doing u ...