PDA

View Full Version : Clipse Speak Out Against Hip Hop

Kenny Powers
04-30-2007, 06:14 PM
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_21277523.shtml

Clipse Says Music Industry Worse Than Drug Dealing: "No Morals"
By Staff
Apr 28, 2007

Rap duo Clipse would rather make a return to drug-dealing than make another record because the industry "has no morals".

Brothers Pusha T and Malice, real names Terrence and Gene Thornton, used to sell crack cocaine on the streets of Virginia and use their experiences as inspiration on previous tracks.

But the duo claim they would prefer to return to their drug-dealing days than work in an industry "with no principles".

Younger brother Pusha T says, "I don't like hip-hop no more and I don't like the music business. No ethics, no code, no morals. It's worse than drug dealing. No one works on principles.

"At least in the crack trade, there's a code of honour. The music business is the worst. You turn into a number as soon as you sign the papers."

- Gotta love it, few rappers are more real than the Clipse and Ive never sold crack, but I guess they have a point...

junius
04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Clipse are truth, & on another topic I'm incresingly fascinated by, motherfuck Dre AND Rae-- Dre is just ** another ** slave master & if Rae has $$$ enuff he doesn't have to sweat it... fine, but don't expect us to give a fuck either... this shit ain't NEW either--

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson

(it goes further back than this-- from the early '70s i believe-- also.)

Meta4
04-30-2007, 09:09 PM
They make a good point but people will be outraged to hear this due to the fact they compared it to the crack game. I've sold plenty of shit and they're on point about the honour part mostly for the fact if you fuck someone over you ain't gonna like the consequences.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-30-2007, 09:37 PM
haha, what the guys that do advertisement for mcdonalds are the most real mc's?

EAGLE EYE
04-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Sooooo they'd rather go back to being detrimental to society????

pep
04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
yeah, good message but stoopid execution....

Dirty Knowledge
04-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Man, all Clipse do is cry. Everytime I see a new article on Clipse on WuCorp, it's always them bitching. Go sell crack then. They act like they're Wu-status. 15+ years in a game of bullshit.

ironwizard
05-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah, selling crack is really honorable... at least music doesn´t ruin the lives of those who buy it...

Kenny Powers
05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, selling crack is really honorable... at least music doesn´t ruin the lives of those who buy it...

Well thats arguable with some of the shit that gets play now a days

CITY ZEEKER
05-01-2007, 03:50 PM
ups to clipse, thts some deep shit comin from somewat of a mainstream group..

THE W
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
poisoning society with music sucks now, i'll go back to poisoning it with crack.

fuckin geniuses.

cap
05-01-2007, 05:30 PM
does this mean trhey're actually quitting the rap game??

xHard to Earnx
05-01-2007, 08:29 PM

To be fair, those lives were probably fucked before they started buying crack.

IronFingaz7
05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I dont think they mean their actually going to go back to selling crack. I think their saying the music territory is much harsher than that of pumping.

P.E.A.C.E.

11th Chamber
05-02-2007, 01:34 AM
I dont think they would choose sellin crack over doin music. Shit is too dangerous