PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Dre's The Detox Album Out Late 2007?

MR HIP HOP HEAD
05-01-2007, 08:12 PM
http://www.streethop.com/images/stories/artists/dr-dre.jpg

According to 50 Cent, Dr. Dre's The Detox will FINALLY see the light of the day end of 2007/start of 2008.

Dre previously stated it would come out late 2007 and consist of 12 or 13 tracks featuring everybody he has ever worked with.

50 Cent stated that he appears on two tracks from the Good Doctors forthcoming, and says they are both single worthy track; but if Detox is anything like 2001 was, I'm sure that can be said about most of the tracks on there.

Meanwhile, Hip-Hop has stopped holding its breath; we're sure its coming eventually, but we'd rather just be suprised than count the months (years?) before we get our hands on it.
http://www.streethop.com/hip-hop-news/dr.-dre-to-detox-late-2007.html

TrueDciple
05-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Im tired of this Bullshit, i mean C'mon they do that shit on purpose just to fuck with our patience and create a buzz, have people talking ans shit. I Know is the Doc and everything has to be right but give me a fucking break , how long does it take to put a freaking good album together?...and 12 or 13 tracks only? Doctor Please!.....anyways im not holding my breath for this shit but i buy it when it comes out lol.:yes:

ThaGoldenChild07
05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Im tired of this Bullshit, i mean C'mon they do that shit on purpose just to fuck with our patience and create a buzz, have people talking ans shit. I Know is the Doc and everything has to be right but give me a fucking break , how long does it take to put a freaking good album together?...and 12 or 13 tracks only? Doctor Please!.....anyways im not holding my breath for this shit but i buy it when it comes out lol.:yes:

I think it was because it was leaked more then girl on her monthly but hell muthafucking yeah I'm going to cop it as soon it's released.

The Hound
05-03-2007, 02:14 AM
they day i'm holding detox im my hands is the day i believe it gets released

Kenny Powers
05-03-2007, 08:55 AM
a release date doesnt mean anything, wasn't this supposed to come out years ago?...

Scribbles
05-03-2007, 09:23 AM
By the time this shit drops, I'll have kids of my own.

Dre don't rap no more, he'd rather produce now. I guess that's why there's such a long delay. I mean afterall, he stays consistent with the beats. All major artists usually have a Dre beat on their albums nowadays.

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Dr Dre takes way too damn long to release solo albums. I'm not waiting on Detox. He could've had out at least 6-7 solo albums if he wasn't so damn slow.

IrOnMaN
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
=/

This shit was suppose to release in '01, now it's '07. What the fuck ever, Dr.Dre. This WILL NEVER release. Tha fuck.

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 04:26 PM
LOL@Ironman. Yeah Dr Dre is slow as shit releasing albums of his own. Fuck him for not finishing Rakim's album which caused Rakim to leave Aftermath.

Bis Fan
05-03-2007, 04:29 PM
^ that wasn't the reason you clown

Bis Fan
05-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Patience :)

The Ghost
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Well all we can do is wait

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Rakim left Aftermath because him and Dr Dre couldn't agree on the type of songs Rakim wanted to do. That's what i read. I'm sure Rakim wanted to do underground songs and Dre probably wanted him to do mainstream songs.

INF
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
This album equals the Easter Bunny and that fat white muthafucka Santa.

EDIT ___ And the Tooth Fairy and the possibility Of Memphis Bleek Having a classic thus carrying the ROC on his shoulders......

Bis Fan
05-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Well all we can do is wait

Abbothood awaits you

FOLLOW MY LEAD

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
i stopped payin attention to news bullitens like that cause i got so hyped about cuban linx 2 back in 05 that i just dont care no more..same for papoose & saigon's albums

i understand niggas wanna make classics but at the most 2 years...after 2 years ur bullshittin around n its not the same as it was in the beginning

TrueDciple
05-04-2007, 08:31 AM
i understand niggas wanna make classics but at the most 2 years...after 2 years ur bullshittin around n its not the same as it was in the beginning

Co-Motherfucking sign! :yes:

100pr00f
05-04-2007, 08:42 AM
haaa it didnt take 2 years .. he was debting on weather he wanted to make / finish it in that time
as he did give the game a lot of beats he was gonna use for detox

also he has been working with busta, game, em, some what with 50
he is a busy man
but yea its is taking a long time

im sure a good prtion of the time he was thinking abot if he wanted to finish but em and some other members pushed to do it

true story

haha

peace

Hellspawn
05-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Now that alot of new Shady/Aftermath members (cashis and others) said in differents interviews that they have a track on Detox I aint expection too much.

cap
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Now that alot of new Shady/Aftermath members (cashis and others) said in differents interviews that they have a track on Detox I aint expection too much.

the fuck??
offcourse he's gonna put his labelmates on.
he did with his other albums..
do u even know who dre is??

The Hound
05-04-2007, 10:27 AM
well, if it does happen, everyone he ever worked with is going to be on it ... i heard they fixed up a 2pac acapella and an eazy e one (i didnt even think there WAS any eazy e acapellas??) ... to me it seems like this cd will be everyone dr dre ever worked featuring dre - detox ... it seems like a nice concept but since he's been on everyones shit, and it's rumoured to be 13 tracks, thats like 2,3 feature artists a track ... not good ...

Hellspawn
05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
^^no, who is it? LOL
man Cashis and stat quo and young buck shouldnt be on Detox, they're weak!

The Hound
05-04-2007, 10:45 AM
whatever they done in the past is the past ... a new project is a clean slate ... dre might be able to lace some shit up thats just perfect for em, ya kno, they might just shine, theres a difference bein on one 50 track with dre than actually contributing to the most hyped album in the history of rap ... detox is everything like the apocalypse ... some people religiously believe, others dismiss it, only time will time if it happens ...

Hellspawn
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
:) yeah, and know that i think about it Dre would cut the weak tracks, if they dont shine they'll get leftover.

The Hound
05-04-2007, 10:51 AM
haha, if the rumours are true, not only does he cut em from the tracks, he cut em from the label too lol ...

Sleep Sinatra
05-04-2007, 01:29 PM
i wanna see it drop ...lord knos i do been waitin foreva but now im just 2 tha point where, if it drops cool...if not then wuteva cuz delayin it thiiisss long really just turned me off bout tha whole thing...

RAMESH
05-05-2007, 04:24 AM
without the d.o.c to write dre's lyrics & em is fucked up now maybe he can turn to rae to write his lyrics

Paranoid
05-05-2007, 10:11 AM
actually i believe Dre wanted rakim to drop some gangster type shit and rakim wasnt feelin it cuz that aint his style, i remember reading that somewhere