PDA

View Full Version : do u get the classic rap shit or new shit?

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
before 4 yrs, i knew the new songs, and was into mainstream much more than now... now i just listen to classic albums, and constantly educate myself with classic drops... i know theres 2 many shit to check, but im on my way, collectin knowledge from different artists.. when i meet up wit some of my friends who keep up wit da mainstream, and mention akon to me, i was like who?? yaknowwhatimean.. but i think its good to ignore irelavent, and focus on the real shit. By that i dont mean that i dont check new albums from good mc's like the gza-muggs(grandmasters), ghost(morefish) etc.
tell your opinion yall ! ! !

tragedykhadafi12
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
to be honest I dont really care about most of that cornball shit that comes out today. That shit is butt, i dont care what anyone says. If it doesn't have some type of substance then fuck it. Thats why I still support all the older rappers who know how to mc.

cap
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
actually im getting to know about up and coming mc's all the time,like joell ortiz & black milk....
but i dont follow the mainstream though.
if people stop whining about the current state of hip hop,they might find some dope new artists.
but then again,they'd prolly just download their stuff.
dumbasses

OTB
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
i get classics to add to my collection, peep this picture-
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/OTBOTB/100_0135.jpg

new muzic i get iz mostly underground

keep it true over there in croatia-
peace-

Scribbles
05-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I usually try and balance shit. You got to stay relevant when you in the music biz so you gotta see what others are doing and such forth.

But nowadays, I'm buying new shit simply because they're are some really good tapes and albums coming out this year.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
i dunno, there is so much old shit which i still havent explored yet which is by artists that i know release good music.

i guess its easier buying stuff that you know will be of a certain standard.

new stuff, if ive never heard of the artist before ill want to check out at least some tracks, and ill probably download the album before i think about buying it.

id much prefer to buy 90's stuff which i havent heard than current hit and miss hip hop which i havent heard.

WuGambino
05-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I keep up with the modern releases I want ahead of going back to the classics, but there aren't a huge amount of albums I look forward to these days.

KINGGS
05-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I am about 70% (1985-1998) about 25% (1998-2007 underground) and 5% (mainstream)...100% (Hip-Hop).

Reiko
05-02-2007, 03:16 PM
OTB crazy collection. Most of my CDs are classics but i get new shit too.

ThaGoldenChild07
05-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Yea man, I constantly stay with them classic drops and there is to much to check, but shittttttttt all the better to find some more real music to bump ya feel me.

That's why I love the 90's era and late 80's. There's so much I missed while growing that it seems endless to find more jams by the artists that I love.

But yeah I always check whats good with those classic artists and their recent ish. Although I stay pretty up to date with mainstream hip hop 2day (not sure if I can even call it hip hop)

I enjoy SOME, I love to dance maybe thats why, ya know B Boy and shit especially with the ladies, so for that reason I find some mainstream beats fucking catchy. I love getting my freak on with a fine honey to some mainstream but when they throw on some Gin & juice or 93 Til Infinity, it's a whole different level

drippie k
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
i just listen to music i like...i tend to like more old school shit than anything else, then underground and mainstream if i like it...theres prolly one or two songs i like out on the radio right now

Dirty Knowledge
05-02-2007, 06:21 PM
I stay up with the recent, you know, all the mixtapes, new underground artists (online offline whatever the net is now the underground anyway), and even the commercial. But I usually always bump old shit when I grab a CD. On my computer I've got mad shit mixed-and-matched but if I ride out it's gotta be something like La the Darkman's Heist of the Century or 2Pac All Eyez on Me something like that.

NY_Mami
05-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I stick with the classic shit..... I don't like most of the new shit that comes out today, it's too cliché, elementary, and sounds the same all the time.....
The classics are 1 Million times better than todays.......

The Hound
05-03-2007, 01:21 AM
there's a dope shop in sydney which has alot of underground shit, which is pretty rare here but not so rare in the US, so i get into that, but i get into some mainstream shit like the game, but not too much, i got some classic shit, but nothing too much of the 80s, mostly the early/mid 90s which is what i grew up on ... most of the shit i listen to would be from 1990 to about 97 ... but not strictly ... i keep an open mind but its hard to go away from what you originaly got into ...

smokebongoncliff
05-03-2007, 01:33 AM
i just wrote some shit about how terrible hiphop is today. i live in the 90's

Durag
05-03-2007, 06:27 AM
I mainly listen to the classics, theres just such an amount of quality albums from the late 80's and 90's that i havent even got yet that i know will be dope. I havent bought much modern stuff latley at all

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
i get classics to add to my collection, peep this picture-
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/OTBOTB/100_0135.jpg

new muzic i get iz mostly underground

keep it true over there in croatia-
peace-

yo this is ill ! great collection.

rubyspirit
05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
The only new artist I like is Young Buck.

I'm happy supporting the vets. There's enough Wu Fam and NYC star power making good music.

TSA
05-03-2007, 07:32 PM
kind of an obvious question to ask on WuCorp, but for me old(obivously)

although my hopes are being turned up by Papoose. That last time i got this interested in an MC(s) was Wu-tang in 1999.