PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop Culture....

Scribbles
05-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Man, I've been sitting back reflecting recently about life in general.

All I gotta say is man I really really do miss the old days. Like when we used to chill on a stoop with the whole crew and bang out records till the neighbors start bitching and callin the cops. Those were the good days man...Bangin that Naughty by Nature, playing handball, lighting fireworks (back when it was legal in Ny). The whole Hip Hop essence is really fading nowadays though.

Like I just seen some little kids around the way, they swearing they Hitman and shit. That's all cool and all. But that's not what Hip Hop is about. Hip Hop is about those days you'd just chill out, grab a 40, a blunt, whatever, play some handball blast some music.

When exactly did the whole gangbang theory come into Hip Hop culture? LOL This shit is ridiculus.

Razorsharp
05-02-2007, 02:19 PM
hip hop is different to them now... not the same, doesnt mean u cant still practice the old days...

Hip Hop for me tho was dancing in the street with the shell toes or pumas... hahaha... with the old school stereo and Afrika Bambaataa

cap
05-02-2007, 02:24 PM
hip hop is different to them now... not the same, doesnt mean u cant still practice the old days...

Hip Hop for me tho was dancing in the street with the shell toes or pumas... hahaha... with the old school stereo and Afrika Bambaataa

the fuck??
you're 19

ThaGoldenChild07
05-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Yo scribbles, I feel ya 110%. I been a hip hop listener since I was about 7 or 8 maybe a little earlier. (can't think that far back) But anyways, I would ALWAYS bump Power 106 on my old stereo and record every song on tapes. I remember listening to all that ill shit like If I Ruled The World, some Jayo Felony, that ol school Snoop and some Dre, Westside Connection and all that early mid 90's real hip hop. I would watch BET and see Wu-Tang videos, Masta Ace, 2Pac, Mobb Deep, The Lox, Warren G and so much more....

I would agree too, Hip Hop is not the same at all. Hip Hop is also bout doing what you love, making REAL music, spreading knowledge to the kids. Not being in it just for the money, letting lil kids hear bout selling drugs, killing at will and shit like that. That shit's poison. Poison to Hip Hop.

Of course many rappers grew up like that with the killing and selling but that's why they show how you rise above through all that and teach the kids.

Thatwhole gangbang theory evolved in the Westcoast, it just ended up getting out of hand and control.

Haha oh yeah scribbles that's why we bring it back by gathering up ya boys....throw on some Pac, Nas, Wu, Premo, B.I.G., Dre & Snoop, Pharcyde, Souls Of Mischief whatever....then grab a pint of drink you're choice, light some L's and just chill like ol days

1 love to real hip hop heads.....