4. KRS One-Life
5. Lord Jamar-The 5%
6. Sadat X-Black October
7. Dogg Pound-Cali Is Active, Dogg Shit
8. Kurupt-Same Day Different Shit
9. MC Eiht-Compton's OG
10. Compton's Most Wanted-Music To Gang Bang
11. M.O.P.-Ghetto Warfare

My only problem with these albums are the beats. I don't have a problem with the rappers lyrics on the songs. What's up with rappers choosing wack beats nowadays? These same rappers i mentioned used to have hardcore beats back in the day. Another thing i hate about listening to rappers albums now is that there's a lot of songs i skip over because of the beats. It's very rare that i can listen to albums all the way through now without skipping songs. Back in the day, i could listen to albums all the way through because there was so many tight albums coming out. Rap music is getting so terrible. I feel bad for rap because the way rap is headed right now, the future of rap music is looking very bad. These rappers wonder why people are downloading music rather than going to the record store to buy cd's. Rappers need to stop putting out these shitty ass albums and when they stop doing that, then people will go to the record store like they did back in the day.

Unforgiven
05-03-2007, 04:08 PM
You didn't like Jesus Price? That shit gets better everytime I listen to it!

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
05-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Jesus price wack? u trippin hard, u really are the first person i've ever seen hate on that album

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
I didn't like the album because of the beats. Sean Price has some tight lyrics on every song but i wasn't feeling the beats. I think Monkey Bars is better than his latest album.

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I did have a problem with Kurupt's lyrics on Cali Is Active, Dogg Shit, Same Day Different Shit albums. His lyrics have really gotten terrible over the years. Daz has always been a wack rapper but Kurupt has really fell off bad lyrically. Daz and Kurupt need to have them hardcore beats like on Dogg Food album. They'll never have hard beats again like the beats on Dogg Food. What happened to the lyrically tight Kurupt that came off hard on Dr Dre's The Chronic, Snoop's Doggystyle album, Dr Dre's Puffing On Blunts And Drinking Tanqueray song?

TAURO
05-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Jesus Price and Lord Jamar's 5% albums are far from wack. While I do think there was far too much melodic beats and not enough grimey tracks on Jesus Price, I would never contemplate calling the album wack because regardless of it's faults it is still dope. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think your opinion on these two albums are harsh.

05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
the beats are pretty on par with the last album but some aren't as great, i prefer the first one too. But calling it a wack album is a BIG stretch

ronaldo6
05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
ice t - gangsta rap is an ill old school album,i liked it

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-03-2007, 04:19 PM
5% and Sean Price were good

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Lord Jamar's album was a breath of fresh air compared to the trash that's out right now. I liked the lyrics and knowledge he was speaking on on the album but i wasn't feeling the beats. Brand Nubian has disappointed me with their last 2 albums also. Foundation and Fire In The Hole albums i didn't like. Has anybody heard Grand Puba's Understand This album? Is it any good? His 2000 album i didn't like. Reel To Reel album i like.

05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
the problems with 5% and Jesus price are that they do become boring to listen to after a while...n no one joint really STOOD out on them...but they're still good albums

i haven't peeped the other ones so i can't really comment on em

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 04:28 PM
CL Smooth's American Me album sucked to me also. His beats were wack but his lyrics are still tight. Did he have any production from Pete Rock? Probably not since him and Pete aren't on good terms.

KINGGS
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I hate people that hate on production. Like what do you need? an epic beat every damn song? I can deal with a normal/mediocre beat as long as the lyrics are above average and the track has some kind of theme or message.

11th Chamber
05-03-2007, 05:41 PM
a shitty beat does ruin a track. No matter how nice the lyrics are

05-03-2007, 05:44 PM
but the beats on jesus price & 5% are far from shitty, medicore does not always mean shitty

TAURO
05-03-2007, 05:49 PM
but the beats on jesus price & 5% are far from shitty, medicore does not always mean shitty

True.

05-03-2007, 05:55 PM
i meant mediocre lol not medicore my bad

wuswordz95
05-03-2007, 05:59 PM
so doid u waste yer money in these albums. if so hopefully you got a good job. hell if i made lots of money i would pay someone to jack a lil wayne and other whack ass rappers they play on bet. surely i will know that they truly suxxx

Meta4
05-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Prodigy- tight
Sean Price- tight
Lord Jamar- tight

CharlesJones
05-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree with you 11th Chamber. Some more recent albums i heard that i didn't like are DMX's Year Of The Dog Again, Ras Kass's Eat Or Die, Black Sheep's 8WM/Novakane. How is Dres gonna do a Black Sheep album without Mista Lawgne? LOL. It's really a shame how DMX's career has turned shitty. DMX is raw with the lyrics and his barking cracks me up but he needs to pick harder beats because most of the beats on his previous albums aren't good and the beats on his last album aren't good. Ras Kass will always be lyrically sick but the beats on Eat Or Die are terrible. His other recent albums Institutinalized and Revenge Of The Spit albums are tight

The Hound
05-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Year of the Dog Again was probably one of the most disappointing album i ever anticiapted ... i prayed so much to get some its dark/flesh of my flesh type shit on that album, what did we get ? the down syndrome child of the great depression meets grand champ, X will always be one of my favourites, but he fell off hard since flesh of my flesh ... as for ras kass, institutionalised can not be fucked with, some of his best production on that joint right there, though i havent herd eat or die yet so cant comment ...

ThaGoldenChild07
05-04-2007, 01:33 AM
You forget Clipse Hell Hath No Fury

noel411
05-04-2007, 01:36 AM
I thought most the beats on the Sean P album were average and boring too. Truth is that I would have pretty quickly discarded the album if I wasn't a fan of Sean P. Not to say that they were bad. Just not worth going back to if they hadn't had a particularly appealing mc spitting over them.

The only production that has stood out to me so far this year is on the El-P and Cilvaringz albums, as well as about half of the Bronzemen album.

Osi
05-04-2007, 01:58 AM
the problems with 5% and Jesus price are that they do become boring to listen to after a while...n no one joint really STOOD out on them...but they're still good albums

Really? Deep Space is one of the best tracks I've heard in a long time.

-IrOnBuLL-
05-04-2007, 08:24 AM
i dont know about ya'll
az longz az people got some skillz in there songz
i dont really care about the beatz really.
shoo u can have the hardest beatz and be sayin
somethin childish or stupid on them. watz
good havin dark or raw beatz if a rapper dont have skill?

thatz how i see it

TAURO
05-04-2007, 08:59 AM
i dont know about ya'll
az longz az people got some skillz in there songz
i dont really care about the beatz really.
shoo u can have the hardest beatz and be sayin
somethin childish or stupid on them. watz
good havin dark or raw beatz if a rapper dont have skill?

thatz how i see it

A good example of that would be Group Home with the album Living Proof, they had some of the best production ever given out by DJ Premier but their lack of rhyme skills really lets the album down.

TrueDciple
05-04-2007, 09:06 AM
You forget Clipse Hell Hath No Fury

Yup! pretty much! only like the intro lmao! ...oh and MosDef TrueMagic.

tymoney
05-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I did have a problem with Kurupt's lyrics on Cali Is Active, Dogg Shit, Same Day Different Shit albums. His lyrics have really gotten terrible over the years. Daz has always been a wack rapper but Kurupt has really fell off bad lyrically. Daz and Kurupt need to have them hardcore beats like on Dogg Food album. They'll never have hard beats again like the beats on Dogg Food. What happened to the lyrically tight Kurupt that came off hard on Dr Dre's The Chronic, Snoop's Doggystyle album, Dr Dre's Puffing On Blunts And Drinking Tanqueray song?

you aint lyin kurupt is weak.

ThaGoldenChild07
05-05-2007, 01:00 AM
[COLOR=red][I]Yup! pretty much! only like the intro lmao!

Hahaha same here, I actually chose this over Snoop Dogg: Blue Carpet Treatment.

I got home poped it in my stereo and was like WTF......then the next day went back and copped BCT. :-)

Lord Willin was waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

CharlesJones
05-05-2007, 01:03 PM
LOL@what you said about Clipse's latest album. It's not that good and i don't see why so many people are saying it's good. Some people have said it's a classic hahahahahahahahahahaha. Clipse will never make a classic album. Here's some more recent albums i didn't like.

Too Short-Blow The Whistle
8Ball-Light Up The Bomb
8Ball and MJG-Riding High
Redman-Red Gone Wild

Too Short is on the dicks of southern rappers and southern producers. Blow The Whistle is a good example of that. Mostly every beat on the album sounds like southern rap and most of the production is from Little John and Jazze Pha. Jazze Pha's beats are wack as shit and i'm tired of his fat ass speaking on the songs he produces. Too Short sold the fuck out since he left Oakland. He doesn't work with Ant Banks anymore and he doesn't have Oakland rappers on his albums anymore.

CharlesJones
05-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Ghostface Killah's More Fish album i didn't like.

GRANDMASSIVE.
05-05-2007, 06:13 PM
The New Mo Mega & Sean P, Wasnt Feelin Em

RynMur
05-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Some of you aren't listening close enough.

Z-Ro - Tha Omega (wasn't a rap-a-lot album though)
RJD2 - The Third Hand (maybe would've been better w/o his vocals)
Freemurda - Let Freedom Reign (no words)

RAMESH
05-07-2007, 11:35 AM
i really enjoyed the 5% album with tracks like
supreme mathmatics,i.s.l.a.m,deep space,youn godz,advance the game
the whole album is good

Longbongcilvaringz
05-07-2007, 11:45 AM
snoops album
jays album
clipse album is ok

thats pretty much the recent shit ive heard that i didnt like.

CharlesJones
05-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I threw Clipse's cd in the trash today LOL.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I threw Clipse's cd in the trash today LOL.
basehead