PDA

View Full Version : firefox question

The Hound
05-04-2007, 03:20 AM
can somebody explain to me how firefox is better than internet explorer ? ... im interested in getting this because alot of sites i go to these days say 'best viewed with firefox' and alot of ppl i kno got it, but when i ask em how it is better than ie they never answer me, they think im tryna debate em when im tryna get some knowledge from them ... so if someone can tell me advantages/disadvantages of it, much appreciated thanks ...

11th Chamber
05-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Its hard to explain honestly. Just get it. Once you use it for a day or two, you see it is much better

NIGHT MAYOR
05-05-2007, 09:50 PM
yeah i just had my computer rebuilt and as soon as i got it back i installed firefox. heaps of things, you never have it crash like explorer, pictures load faster (a TINY bit), when your looking at a couple pages it only takes up one tab on your task bar - making its on line of tabs at the top of firefox - just get it - it downloads youtube vids etc - heaps of add-ons. GET IT.

EAGLE EYE
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM
These are the biggest reasons why its better:

*Tabbed browsing

*Active X controls turned off by default (making it safer than IE, but this can be turned back on)

*Built in popup blocker

*themes

*additional search bar add-ons

LilDirtyBastard
05-06-2007, 07:14 AM
These are the biggest reasons why its better:

*Tabbed browsing

*Active X controls turned off by default (making it safer than IE, but this can be turned back on)

*Built in popup blocker

*themes

*additional search bar add-ons

IE has got all of this features, but i dont know about the themes. I use the IE because it works better for me, ive got some problems with firefox with a few websites, but which browser you use is just a personal taste imo. I also heard from some experts that Opera is the best browser right now, but that can change

Fresh Breath
05-08-2007, 11:42 AM
i thought the IE tha comes with vista is better then firefox isnt it??