PDA

View Full Version : KRS on Fox, what do you think of it?

begongo
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1859939567158433721
check this video
what`s your opinion on it? personally ... i fully agree
and fuck that news reporter that wouldn't let him speak

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-04-2007, 09:02 AM
KRS-1 is the man. Fox news are tricknowledge experts

100pr00f
05-04-2007, 09:06 AM
haha
yea im down with what krs is saying but the n word is off on
saying as in hiphop its ok to say
but when eminem said it in a song it was a big thing peeps got mad..and im not talking bout his black girl song

i love the whole cop thing when he told the reporter it was just a story

some peeps take hip hop to seriously ..if a rapper is talking about killing dosnt mean he killed
i hate fake rappers who portray that any way.saying they real g's
but a story mode track is dope
it lets the writter say what ever he wants its his story that he made up like a movie

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
haha
yea im down with what krs is saying but the n word is off on
saying as in hiphop its ok to say
but when eminem said it in a song it was a big thing peeps got mad..and im not talking bout his black girl song

i love the whole cop thing when he told the reporter it was just a story

some peeps take hip hop to seriously ..if a rapper is talking about killing dosnt mean he killed
i hate fake rappers who portray that any way.saying they real g's
but a story mode track is dope
it lets the writter say what ever he wants its his story that he made up like a movie

yeah but Eminems a hick from the sticks I think hes saying dudes in NYC because everybody says that shit; which I dont think is cool but its a fact that all people are saying that shit

100pr00f
05-04-2007, 09:16 AM
its not that he is syaing in hi hop terms its ok
but if u look around thier is only like 3 white guys haha

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-04-2007, 09:21 AM
I would hate to be interrogated on Fox news they dont even speak the same language

LHX
05-04-2007, 12:53 PM
thanks for posting this

living_undead
05-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Fox news are tricknowledge expertsyeah, i like how it went from offensive words in hip-hop, to how black people hate america.

Machete
05-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Uh, KRS made himself look like an idiot in that. I think he would make a good anchor on FOX with how he kept changing the subject and denying his own statements.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-04-2007, 02:14 PM
He was only stating facts

WARPATH
05-04-2007, 02:33 PM

HA HA!

Notice how they through in the Nelly video as if it was the same brand of KRS's hip hop.

KRS ONE IS MY HERO!

maestro wooz
05-05-2007, 03:33 AM
krs is the man

harm77
05-06-2007, 07:23 PM
This is typical american media.when a man of color with great knoweldge speaks on the truth of today, (they,(media) are quick to label him anti- american etc...) fucking media has been doing this since day one. noticed how when KRS tried making his point,the white anchor kepted interupting him.

iniquity
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
.. KRS got cornered ..

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
05-07-2007, 09:12 AM

amen.

pneumatic
05-07-2007, 10:06 AM
You guys should try to find the documentary "Out Foxed". It bias like all documentarys, but some very good knowledge in it.

Dirty Knowledge
05-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I think any rapper going on FOX News is setting themselves up for failure. They are automatically treated unfairly and kind of like animals. I saw an interview with Sticman or whatever from Dead Prez and I was embarassed for the guy because he's got some stuck up cracker telling him everything that's wrong about him, his lifestyle and the world around him. I don't even have to watch this video, I know the outcome and it sucks. Stop going on FOX NEWS, RAPPERS.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-07-2007, 06:06 PM
You guys should try to find the documentary "Out Foxed". It bias like all documentarys, but some very good knowledge in it.

yeah thats good they show how fox works

cap
05-07-2007, 07:22 PM
to be honest im kinda dissapointed in krs.
i thought he would've come out better in this kind of interview...
how can he say ' ow those words i said in my music arent my views,but other people's views...'
c'mon man,and i know what he meant by that,but it just came out mad fucked up.

Taylor_Made
05-08-2007, 05:13 PM
KRS did a great job in this interview IMHO. I give FOX credit because they get rappers like KRS and M-1 on instead of Young Joc and Cam'ron. The whole point of the interview was to somehow tie rap with Anti Americanism but unfortunately the majority of Fox News fans are over 50 and too sedated on Medicine to really care...

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-08-2007, 05:28 PM
KRS did a great job in this interview IMHO. I give FOX credit because they get rappers like KRS and M-1 on instead of Young Joc and Cam'ron. The whole point of the interview was to somehow tie rap with Anti Americanism but unfortunately the majority of Fox News fans are over 50 and too sedated on Medicine to really care...

lol Fox is crazy though they call that shit "fair and balanced" its funny when Krs says his shits fair and balanced Those guys are just government spin doctors on pay roll

Os3y3ris
05-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Came off like a pussy. You ask me about some shit I said, I'll either own it or retract it. He tried to have it both ways. Full of shit one way or the other. I'm HIGHLY disappointed.

cap
05-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Came off like a pussy. You ask me about some shit I said, I'll either own it or retract it. He tried to have it both ways. Full of shit one way or the other. I'm HIGHLY disappointed.

EXACTLY.
we're on the same page man.
i'll never look at krs the same.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-09-2007, 06:49 AM
ah right he is famous for contradicting himself in interviews its nothing new nor important

Taylor_Made
05-09-2007, 12:31 PM
ah right he is famous for contradicting himself in interviews its nothing new nor important

Thats what im saying! KRS has done it before and im sure he'll do it again...

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah and thats not even the point because I think that is one of his qualities because he is not some one dimensional asshole like so many personalities

iniquity
05-09-2007, 05:18 PM
to be honest im kinda dissapointed in krs.
i thought he would've come out better in this kind of interview...
how can he say ' ow those words i said in my music arent my views,but other people's views...'
c'mon man,and i know what he meant by that,but it just came out mad fucked up.

.. Wrd .. He came across as another ignorant rapper ..

J.T.S.
05-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Krs-one isn't the spokesman for hip-hop like some ya'll hype him up to be!
He's just a normal human being like anyone else, and contradiction is part of human nature, everyone does it!

lord patch
05-11-2007, 12:07 PM
why do black folk, especally, rappers and mcs give rating boosts to a backward, racist, zionist and white house propaganda machine like fox?

its a joke -- not even respected by other journalist.

maybe, if folk wanted to change this and reclaim the media they would give props and boosts to the media tool pbs, who really gave rap and hip hop a boost - from the beginnning, via documentaries and performances.

what up with this?

WARPATH
05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
If I was KRS I would've siad somthing like:

What whiteboy, why don't you come out here so we can talk about this subject face to face.

J.T.S.
05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
why do black folk, especally, rappers and mcs give rating boosts to a backward, racist, zionist and white house propaganda machine like fox?

its a joke -- not even respected by other journalist.

maybe, if folk wanted to change this and reclaim the media they would give props and boosts to the media tool pbs, who really gave rap and hip hop a boost - from the beginnning, via documentaries and performances.

what up with this?

Obivously because they get payed to do so.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-11-2007, 03:52 PM
If I was KRS I would've siad somthing like:

What whiteboy, why don't you come out here so we can talk about this subject face to face.

haha I met KRS before hes a good guy; for me he held his own here, it must be hard conversing with spin-doctors like that. Its funny how that Hannity fellow is saying props for not saying hos and bitches so much in your records. Its almost the same interview as O´reilly with Russell Simmons... Fox News should be stopped

born invincible
05-12-2007, 02:31 AM
i went to a KRS ONE show one time.. and when the show started he came out throwing tennis balls at the crowd.. at first i was like WTF?? then i realized that the tennis balls were autographed by him...

fuck fox news..

Punch
05-13-2007, 03:42 PM
KRS lost that one.

He got called out on a stupid statement and couldn't admit his fault. All he had to say was that he was angry when he said it. Instead he tried to ratioanlize it every which way and failed. He dug himself even deeper when he brought up Saddam Hussein.
His point about about his lyrics was spot on though.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-13-2007, 03:45 PM
i went to a KRS ONE show one time.. and when the show started he came out throwing tennis balls at the crowd.. at first i was like WTF?? then i realized that the tennis balls were autographed by him...

fuck fox news..

he did the same thing at a show i saw in NYC/Randalls Isl.

begongo
05-14-2007, 09:01 AM
i just finished watching the Outfoxed documentary and it was worth for sure! i`m recommending it too for y`all to understand that Fox mechanism

SubtleEnergies
05-15-2007, 03:58 AM
He didn't seem to be able to grasp what the news dude was exactly saying, point out the difference in his view and express it.

I have a Q though. He says "I am talking about Rodney King, I am talking about....."

He says something here that sounds like "I'm a do da yellow shit"....immortal technique says it on fight until the end...I looked up those lyrics and it said something like "I'm do all yall" or something...but I think that's wrong. I have heard Vinnie Paz say it too.

Can someone clear this up? Also why we at it...Paz always says the assassination attempt at.....? cartegina or something?

SubtleEnergies
05-15-2007, 04:04 AM
Got it:

Amadou Diallo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadaou_diallo

Fuck! The lyrics I read were off a hip hop site. It never ceases to amaze me how many people listen to hip hop and don't understand half of it. Why the fuck else would you listen to it? Some of the Wu lyrics I have heard people come out with lol...

Will get back with Cartegina if I find it.

Never mind me high jacking the thread.

SubtleEnergies
05-15-2007, 04:11 AM
That's fucked up! 41 shots!

ANd see the page about the guy...on a spiritual journey..:(

NY_Mami
05-16-2007, 12:02 AM
KRS sonned Hannity.......... CASE CLOSED.......

SubtleEnergies
05-16-2007, 02:00 AM
He didn't. It the questions were very poorly fielded.

All he did was get emotional and more emphatic which only made him look less rational.

With the comment about justice he should have explained WHY there are people who see justice in the terrorist attacks.

For example, he could of said that while he didn't approve of the loss of innocent lives, the attacks were justice in the sense that they were directed at a country who has oppressed certain groups of people. It was a telling sign that there are people who are unhappy with the country and it was a shock to the country itself, a kind of wake up call.

What amazes me about people with the point of view of the reporter is that they seem to think it ok to assume all people will remain stoic no matter what you do to them. The countries producing terrorists are often poor, have little education and are angry when they look around at people living it upwhile they suffer.

I am not saying that how they react is right, but it is human, then when pressured unfairly you will become frustrated and lash out by the only means available to you.

While it may not be the most noble course of action not to bear these things and "turn the other cheek," it is absolute stupidity for those in an advantageous position, to expect entire societies of people to do so.

Most people, myself included, at some point will feel a justification of retaliation. For most things, I will control my emotions, and not overreact to a situation and would try my best to endure things that I can, even if they are unfair. However, you hurt someone in my family, I will take your head off.

There are other people who even faced with a threat top themselves or family would still not react like this, saying that it doesn't solve anything etc....I am not saying either view is right or wrong, but demonstrating we all have a different threshold at which we feel justified to retaliate by an means available.

Now, the point is that over an entire population, these threshholds will vary from your stoics who bear all to the people who snap and beat someone over a traffic jam. So if you are going to help drop bombs on a bunch of poor people while living it up, especially Arabs a very proud people, and expect no portion of this population to feel they have a right to react with violence - what can I say - you are fucking stupid.

I also agree with what the Dalai Lama says that it isn't normal for a person to look around and see a heavier burden on themselves than their fellow man, to acheive the same goals. It angers people because it is unfair.

There is also a Masta Killah song with a voice over about "justice" which sounds very similar to concept in Khalil Ghibran's The Prophet. That the face of a killer is MY face, YOUR face. This is because if an individual in a society feels their only means of expression is crime or violence, you should look at what elements in the structure of that society may have influenced this. In other words, what responsibility do we have, what role did we play in creating the person/situation.

Os3y3ris
05-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Thats more or less how KRS SHOULD have responded. He took the easy way out and sounded like an idiot.

rek357
05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
he slipped big time when he was talkin about the towers and people cheering,

SubtleEnergies
05-17-2007, 05:05 AM
Yeah LMAO like when he tried to say "OH NO in our langauge cheering doesn't mean cheering" LMAO!

But to be fair he was under pressure and couldn't think on his feet.

We should all learn a lesson from this:

It looks better to take a few moments to stop, think, compose your thoughts and articulate them properly.

A couple of second pause would have been better than blurting out shit without thinking and ending up in a hole.

lord patch
05-18-2007, 01:34 AM
"my best friends are police officers"
-- krs one

there's something to remember

krs one also forgot to mention that amerikkka's solution to the unemployment problem was the prison industrial complex and sending the poor to their death via the wars in the middle east and afrika -- slavery and death marches.

so much for Hiphop(as) -- the temple tumbles.

i like the way fox brought up the saddam and the kurds -- who the zionist and amerikkka are courting and training -- who the zionist are attempting to gain oil pipelines from -- who the zionist and amerikkka arm against the rest of the iraqi populace -- who the zionist and amerikkka wish to use to destablize iran -- amerikkka and zionist don't care about no arabs or kurds.

http://cleveland.indymedia.org/news/2005/07/16526.php

now here is the real reason why rap/hip hop is being attacked -- political -- too muslim and too much a voice for and of the voiceless and to active in refocusing the youth insolidarity -- "raise an army"-- too much a threat like rock and folk music of the 60's which inspired the name of the weathermen/weather underground -- the rest, like the 911 cheering lyrics, are distraction -- cuz amerikkka doesn't care about no niggers/niggas.

fred wreck on fox in 2005 -- before it really headed off in a racist direction -- even though it was always ignoRANT and should be ignored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hkPUTwgytA

see also:

Palestine aka Ref-UG

http://www.myspace.com/mcpalestine

and

HASAN SALAAM

http://www.myspace.com/hasansalaam

and

Breakdown FM: An Interview w/ Snoop Dogg & Stan Tookie Williams

http://odeo.com/audio/490410/view

and

Nicolas Sarkozy wins French presidential election

http://cleveland.indymedia.org/news/2007/05/25491.php

and

For more than a decade, French rap has been the voice of the banlieues, the poor suburbs, and it has long been full of warnings of violence to come in those areas. The tensions - and the musical culture - of these estates were briefly brought to international attention by the 1996 film La Haine ("Hate"), but it is the hip hop world that has kept the issues uppermost in the minds of French youth. -- "art & revolution: Should hip hop take the rap for rioting?"

http://cleveland.indymedia.org/uploads/2007/03/07_ta_d_mocratie_mon_oeil__.mp3

and

"You know it’s interesting because today people talk about Palestine and the war tactic they use of suicide bombings. It’s the ultimate level of showing your discontent. The disbelief of the conditions that you are living in leads you to destroy yourself, let alone your own community. So what I seen taking place back then and what I see taking place today in Palestine, to me it’s the same thing. When people have no other way to show their discontent then they use whatever is most effective. And what is most effective in some cases is theoretic acts of outrage and tearing down and destroying everything that is around you to let people know that if I can’t have peace. If can’t have access and participate in the mainstream then there is nothing else here for me. Nothing else matters." -- twilight bey -- "Breakdown FM: Twilight Bey Speaks About the LA Gang Truce and LA Riots 10 years later pt1"

part 2

http://odeo.com/audio/463828/view

and

Breakdown FM: Save Tookie Rally w/ Snoop Dogg, Fred Hampton Jr, T-Kash & Ex-Gangbangers

http://odeo.com/audio/431206/view

and

vato by snoop dogg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmaGKZQvEbc

and

"we have seen greenlee's works in the practical show and prove mode when a group of kids led by a crack dealer and pimp (eazy e of n.w.a.) fed up with destroying his own people deterritorializes the crack game and made it a rap business = out of oppression comes the transformative effects of sankofa—the underground scene which faces down capitalism by messaging the music via resistance on the street corner, prince buster's "voice of he people" jamaican sound system or kids selling cds on sky trains and subways of independent creative beats, riddim and proletariat poetry delivered by and for the fighters in poverty—art of the oppressed and frontal attack of the insanity of amerikkkanadian industry and landscape." -- lawrence ytzhak braithwaite -- "The Black Gangster as Urban Resistance: Sam Greenlee, The Spook Who Sat By the Door"

http://www.rainreview.net/rain-040205.html

and

"What is that a sign of for you today? You are the most courageous generation that we have ever had. You are the strongest generation that we have ever had. You are the most fearless generation that we have ever had, but your courage and your fearlessness are being used by the enemy so that you will destroy each other. When you pull the gun out, it makes you feel powerful, but the gun did not get you a following in China. The gun did not get you followers in Iran, Egypt, Ghana, and South Africa. It was the word. You do not need the gun to empower you, because the gun in the hand of an underdeveloped mind becomes an instrument of self-destruction. You have become now tools of a satanic mind that will use you to destroy your future." -- hon min louis farrakhan -- "Farrakhan challenges the hip hop community"
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_1107.shtml

and

hon mins louis farrkhan -- Message To The Black Man:

http://cleveland.indymedia.org/uploads/2007/04/message_to_the_black_man.mp3

and

Snoop Dogg Drops Some Science:

http://odeo.com/audio/9994273/players

lord patch
05-19-2007, 11:53 PM
I think any rapper going on FOX News is setting themselves up for failure. They are automatically treated unfairly and kind of like animals. I saw an interview with Sticman or whatever from Dead Prez and I was embarassed for the guy because he's got some stuck up cracker telling him everything that's wrong about him, his lifestyle and the world around him. I don't even have to watch this video, I know the outcome and it sucks. Stop going on FOX NEWS, RAPPERS.

speak bruh