PDA

View Full Version : OB4CL is way over rated

Lil' Ruger
05-04-2007, 09:19 PM
y do ppl think it's so good? it's not at all. i mean it makes 3 star status for me i only play a few tracks (criminlogy wu-gambinos glaciers of ice)

srsly am i the only 1 that thinks this?

nuttzman
05-04-2007, 09:30 PM
y do ppl think it's so good? it's not at all. i mean it makes 3 star status for me i only play a few tracks (criminlogy wu-gambinos glaciers of ice)

YES YOU ARE THE ONLY 1 THINKS THAT BECAUSE YOURE AN IDIOT!!!

jallainINS
05-04-2007, 09:34 PM
he's not an idiot its his opinion man. but you are in the minority if you dont think the CD is a 5 star classic. im not gonna list other tracks you should listen to cuz the whole cd is incredible, and im assuming you listened to the whole cd already. maybe you should get blazed and listen to the cd one more time straight through. if you still dont really like it then okay.

nuttzman
05-04-2007, 09:37 PM
i think hes an idiot and thats my opinion..if ill belong to the minority who thinks hes idiot well then let it be...

Lil' Ruger
05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
i'll bare hand slap the dog shit out of you man eat a dick up till ya hiccup faggot muthafucka.

idk i dont really like all that coke shit i like that raw shit.....wheres U-god?

Storm
05-04-2007, 09:56 PM
how come u didnt like it? how many times have u actually sat down and actually listenend to the album? on this one site i found, this 1 guy was saying he didnt like cuban linx cuz the beats were too repetitive and too average.

Lil' Ruger
05-04-2007, 09:59 PM
i didnt like many of the lyrics either. dunno why i tried to like it but i cant tho i got criminology on the PSP

Paranoid
05-04-2007, 10:03 PM
you'll find u-god in Knuckleheadz, another classic song from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
05-04-2007, 10:06 PM
what a fuckin shame

don't even know who's who & where on tracks n thinks the album is weak smh

beautifulrock
05-04-2007, 10:09 PM
i'll bare hand slap the dog shit out of you man eat a dick up till ya hiccup faggot muthafucka.

idk i dont really like all that coke shit i like that raw shit.....wheres U-god?

He died on knuckleheadz duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tymoney
05-04-2007, 10:15 PM
the albums a classic there aint no weak songs on there. close thread.

tymoney
05-04-2007, 10:17 PM

you probably just don't understand the lyrics cuz you from holland or some shit. I'm tired of muthafuckas outside the us frontin like they know hip hop.

11th Chamber
05-04-2007, 10:19 PM
im all for people having there own opinion, and sayin how they feel, but not on this matter. If you dont consider it as a great album, then you wack

L~>1<~NKS
05-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Got damn your youngness Reign. There's a song on there jus for you it's call "Knuckleheadz".

Anyway, The album iz classic ofcourse most of the shit on there iz R rated and before you were born. To enjoy this classic album more you need to take it back to the classic gansta flicks, when you reach 17 try this:
Start with The Godfather, Scarface, and Goodfellaz, New Jack City, K.O.N.Y, etc. then listen to OB4CL and you'll appreciate it more.:i

And if you really are a Wu Fan it's a must you own all 9 generals FIRST solo albums which includes the ever classic OB4CL (proly the best one for me next Liquid Swordz).:i

noel411
05-04-2007, 11:57 PM
It's the 3rd best hip hop album of all time imo. Classic. 10/10.

The Hound
05-04-2007, 11:57 PM
look what jaspers dungeon has done to todays children ... someone get this kid a happy meal and mr xcitement to set him straight ...

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-05-2007, 12:19 AM
this thread made me angry.

Kenny Powers
05-05-2007, 12:54 AM
wow if you dont like ob4cl then what albums do you like? verbal intercourse is one of my favorite songs ever and i never skip a track on the whole cd. Its in the same catagory as illmatic, 36 chambers, and liquid swords as straight up classic.

BRONZBODY
05-05-2007, 01:25 AM

srsly am i the only 1 that thinks this?cuz of ur age and u werer only like 4 when it came out...im gonna let u slide on this one.

crust
05-05-2007, 02:07 AM
i aint gunna hate on you cuz everyone has they own shit, but i am gunna say this:

"GUILLOTINE (SWORDS)!!!!!"

peace.

Treazon
05-05-2007, 02:20 AM
verbal intercourse rapes your whole shit

ShaolinDarts
05-05-2007, 04:45 AM
Cuban Linx's legendary status derives from its influence first and its music second. The music is top noch but the fact is that hip hop heads know about this because the majority of shit that came out just after it was lame imitations of it (e.g. Nas attempts the Firm). One of the most influential east coast albums of the 90's.

If younger people can't appreciate this then they can't appreciate alot of shit they listen to because this is what made alot of hip hop.

Tetsuo
05-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Your mother overrated your life.

cap
05-05-2007, 05:29 AM
you probably just don't understand the lyrics cuz you from holland or some shit. I'm tired of muthafuckas outside the us frontin like they know hip hop.

not this shit again.
shut the fuck up.
9 out of 10 you're some white kid living in the suburbs,so you cant claim ity either.
sad.

Urban_Journalz
05-05-2007, 07:02 AM
First of all, I too have to say that Only Built For Cuban Linx is among the Wu-Tang and Hip-Hop classics. Since the cat is young, you have to give him a chance to listen to it a bit more so it can grow on him. Be glad he's down with Wu-Tang and not G-Unit. Whoever suggested watchin' the classic gangster flicks to him, much props. That is one of my favorites though. I still can't choose a #1 spot of the Wu solo joints, but it's definitely between Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, Ironman and Heavy Mental. I know, I know, Killah Priest isn't a general, but that album kicks serious ass anyway.

venex
05-05-2007, 07:50 AM
classic album...

def top 5 of all time..IMO...

Alcryt
05-05-2007, 08:30 AM
this thread made me angry.

lol
http://www.scifi.com/hulk/downloads/images/08.jpg

I wasnt really feeling this album at first but then it grew on me and i see why its a classic. Perhaps it will grow on you in time....

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-05-2007, 08:46 AM
I wasnt really feeling this album at first but then it grew on me and i see why its a classic. Perhaps it will grow on you in time....

co sign

THE W
05-05-2007, 08:55 AM
there really is no need to get mad at the guy. if he aint feelin it he aint feelin it. this should be a lesson to all of yall that no matter how good a piece of music is, everyone isnt gonna like.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and so is crap.

as its already been said MANY hiphop fans love this album and its had a huge impact and influence on hiphop music. this makes cuban linx classic by law.

so whether you like it or not:

water is wet
fire is hot
cuban linx is a hiphop classic

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-05-2007, 09:03 AM
it came out when i was 14 and everybody told me to get that shit, i got and it was over my head, 36 Chambers was my shit though, it took longer to get into this

The Ghost
05-05-2007, 10:12 AM
he needs to wait til he gets older so he can understand it more, then it'll grow on him

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-05-2007, 10:30 AM
oh shit he is only 14.......

oh oh now i see
lol i was buggin man i thought this shit was a joke. I thought he said something about obfcl2 and im like , hold up fam this shit dident come out yet, then i see thats HE IS TALKIN ABOUt the first album then i felt like taking my keyboard and slamming it accross the room.

ShaDynasty
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM
who cares what a 14 year old illiterate thinks?

j_coustheman
05-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm a wu fan. But he is right. You know who is straight garbage on that bitch? Rae "motherfucking" kwon! That dude could shut the fuck up. He makes so many mistakes. He just thought he was the shit. Ghost upstages him and shits all over it and even said "Rae co-host" like Rae was the co-host on his own joint. Ha ha.
Ain't no beef though. Still a classic because of Ghost!!!!!!!!!1

ShaolinDarts
05-05-2007, 11:31 AM
He says Rae's co host.

tragedykhadafi12
05-05-2007, 11:57 AM
classic album. You don't think so then fuck it that doesn't change my opinion. I grew up with this album thats probably part of the reason but i still listen to this album all the time.

tragedykhadafi12
05-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm a wu fan. But he is right. You know who is straight garbage on that bitch? Rae "motherfucking" kwon! That dude could shut the fuck up. He makes so many mistakes. He just thought he was the shit. Ghost upstages him and shits all over it and even said "Rae co-host" like Rae was the co-host on his own joint. Ha ha.
Ain't no beef though. Still a classic because of Ghost!!!!!!!!!1

Are you deaf? must be

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-05-2007, 12:02 PM
cunt

NY_Mami
05-05-2007, 12:44 PM
First of all, I too have to say that Only Built For Cuban Linx is among the Wu-Tang and Hip-Hop classics. Since the cat is young, you have to give him a chance to listen to it a bit more so it can grow on him. Be glad he's down with Wu-Tang and not G-Unit. Whoever suggested watchin' the classic gangster flicks to him, much props. That is one of my favorites though. I still can't choose a #1 spot of the Wu solo joints, but it's definitely between Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, Ironman and Heavy Mental. I know, I know, Killah Priest isn't a general, but that album kicks serious ass anyway.

I'm young and I listened to that album from cover to back, about 10 times in one day............ that aint no excuse........

Scribbles
05-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Just bump it inside your whip and tell me it's not a classic album....

venex
05-05-2007, 03:08 PM
^^LOL, he's 14, I don't think he has his own car...

but you are right, that album BANGS !!!

criminology RAP !!

Prolifical ENG
05-05-2007, 04:05 PM
This is one of the most important albums in hip-hop history that you had to hear when it first came out to understand why its so good. You would appreciate those very small details a lot more. Many times it doesn't matter when you hear an album to tell if its good. This one is an exception....sorry to say. You need to understand the time to appreciate the album today.

INF
05-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I swear by Rainy Dayz.

This kid that made tha thread is only 14. He just started listening to the album. Its kinda wild to hear him say what he said but you gotta consider the source.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-06-2007, 08:07 AM
it aint overrated...

SID
05-06-2007, 10:32 AM
ita a classic wu album with some dope songs, but give me ironman any day of the week

zeppelin2k
05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I think its the dopest album out

but the thing is, the mjority of people will not like cuban linx
if you took the world's population, 99%+ of the world would hate the album

the only time it really matters, is if someone who LIKES this type of music hates it, otherwise its obvious that most people wont like it

real hip hop is not a genre that is acceptable to most people

THE W
05-06-2007, 11:52 AM
^^which is why its called a "hip hop classic"

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I bumped this album so loud the other day I had 5-0 at the door seriously great shit

ShaDynasty
05-07-2007, 05:03 PM
This is one of the most important albums in hip-hop history that you had to hear when it first came out to understand why its so good. You would appreciate those very small details a lot more. Many times it doesn't matter when you hear an album to tell if its good. This one is an exception....sorry to say. You need to understand the time to appreciate the album today.

I think this is a bit of an elitist statement, i wasn't into hip hop in 1995, and ive had this album for the last 4 years and think of it as one of my favorite albums, its certainly my most listened to.

Apparently i can't appreciate this album?...

beautifulrock
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I think this is a bit of an elitist statement, i wasn't into hip hop in 1995, and ive had this album for the last 4 years and think of it as one of my favorite albums, its certainly my most listened to.

Apparently i can't appreciate this album?...

Did u just call prolifical elitist? Don't make me laugh. You didn't get at all what he was trying to say.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
You could easily make an argument that this is the GOAT hiphop lp

WuBaller
05-07-2007, 05:23 PM

thats a shallow and ignorant argument. what makes you think that ppl outside the us cant understand hiphop? the same way there are ppl in the us that just dont get hip hop. there are ppl that get/dont get hip hop all over the globe so shut the fuck up with offending Europeans

and there is no reason to hate on the topic starter. you need to live with it - not everyone has a similar taste.

OB4CL is a classic, even though I like LS better (many others too)

ShaDynasty
05-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Did u just call prolifical elitist? Don't make me laugh. You didn't get at all what he was trying to say.

"Many times it doesn't matter when you hear an album to tell if its good"
well, yeah

but then i read 'understand the time' rather than 'be there' and feel like a bit of an ass.

then it still says "you had to hear when it first came out to understand why its so good"

ERN-DAWGY
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
yo OB4CL is classic son, every track is fire you just cant understand and concept behind the songs...
give it another listen in 3 or 4 years

i found that with each listen it grows on me more and more so with this bein said I'mma put it on n bump it

PEACE

chiba
05-08-2007, 12:58 AM
i think your overrated

lol

maestro wooz
05-08-2007, 01:01 AM
stupid thread honestly, maybe you are just too young to understand rae and ghost on this album

Come Honor Face
05-08-2007, 01:22 AM
wow if you dont like ob4cl then what albums do you like? verbal intercourse is one of my favorite songs ever and i never skip a track on the whole cd. Its in the same catagory as illmatic, 36 chambers, and liquid swords as straight up classic.

Agreed! Except 4 illmatic. It just dont belong on that list. While Nas killed that shit the beats are very weak. Nas has never had an album that had beats 2 match his lyrics imo.

noel411
05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
I really don't care if this dude doesn't like this album, and I don't see why anybody should, but just on the age thing, I had this album on tape back in '95 when it dropped, when I was 12 or 13, and I fucking loved it. In fact it was my favourite album at the time. Loved every track on it. Even the skits and shit. Movie samples. Everything.

Mind you, being a young and foolish Aussie back in a time when hip hop had almost no exposure at all in Australia, I had no fucking idea what they were talking about a lot of the time. I used to wonder why the fuck they referred to an Aussie animal so much (wallabies), haha. Man I loved that joint though. Still do. Like I said, third best hip hop album of all time.

Ghost_Deini_
05-08-2007, 01:43 AM
whaaat. i liked this album straight off the bat.

Funk_Dock
05-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Agreed! Except 4 illmatic. It just dont belong on that list. While Nas killed that shit the beats are very weak. Nas has never had an album that had beats 2 match his lyrics imo.

illmatic has weak beats??? :lmao::lmao: HAHA

Come Honor Face
05-08-2007, 02:38 AM
illmatic has weak beats??? :lmao::lmao: HAHA

Yes! Very very wack!!!!!!!

maestro wooz
05-08-2007, 03:12 AM
I really don't care if this dude doesn't like this album, and I don't see why anybody should, but just on the age thing, I had this album on tape back in '95 when it dropped, when I was 12 or 13, and I fucking loved it. In fact it was my favourite album at the time. Loved every track on it. Even the skits and shit. Movie samples. Everything.

Mind you, being a young and foolish Aussie back in a time when hip hop had almost no exposure at all in Australia, I had no fucking idea what they were talking about a lot of the time. I used to wonder why the fuck they referred to an Aussie animal so much (wallabies), haha. Man I loved that joint though. Still do. Like I said, third best hip hop album of all time.

i just dont know what else to attribute it to

whatttttttt! i guess if theres one thing to hate on illmatic about itd be the beats, but they are from wack. Youre really tripping if you believe that

LORD ZERO
05-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Ob4cl = Nothing Short Of A Classic Album All The Way Through......the End
Close This Thread Mods Lol

LORD ZERO
05-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Illmatic?! The Beats On There Are Wack?!?!?!......smmfh

CEITEDMOFO
05-08-2007, 03:27 AM
I Think These Fags Are Copying Me When I Said Grandmasters Was Wack

LORD ZERO
05-08-2007, 03:33 AM
shouldnt this thread be moved to the BRING THE RUCKUS forum?

THE W
05-08-2007, 07:05 AM
illmatic INDEED belongs on the list whether you like it or not. most hiphop fans love that album and its had a huge impact and influence on hiphop.

illmatic = hiphop classic by law

the classic status of albums like cuban linx and illmatic is undebatable.

pneumatic
05-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I always liked Ironman better the OB4CL.

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
05-08-2007, 07:46 AM
He died on knuckleheadz duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I remember RZA saying that in the Wu Tang Manuel, but how did U God die on that song. I dont get it?

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Illmatic had wack beats? lol

L~>1<~NKS
05-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Regin's (Doctor killwhatever) jus fuckin' wit yawl. He's sittin' back laffin' @ hiz own construct like Castro. Watchin yawl makin hiz thread classic. This knucklehead knowz damn well the album makes him 'max all over hiz stereo.

coughcool
05-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I dont like to reply to stupid shit but to say WUs best regarded album is wack has to be an age thing. I get that its your opinion and I do NOT think this thread should be closed. Think its wack, fine - it doesnt bother me. Just keep in mind that 99% of real hip hop listeners disagree. Usually if everyone is unanimous with one thing and you disagree, the problem is usually with you.

Many MCs and producers consider that one of the all time greats.....along with Illmatic. And I am not even going to touch someone saying those beats are wack. DJ Premier, Pete Rock and Large P.....wack? REALLY? What ever man. Dont say that in public cause you will show your age and that you dont know your history.

Know the history.

zeppelin2k
05-08-2007, 06:19 PM
^^which is why its called a "hip hop classic"

and not called an all-time classic

which is exactly my point, looks like you got it

lol

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes! Very very wack!!!!!!!

wtf is u smokin boi?

THE W
05-09-2007, 03:46 PM
and not called an all-time classic

which is exactly my point, looks like you got it

lol
yeah.

i made that comment cuz i dont see the point in telling us that people who dont like hiphop music arent gonna like this album or any hiphop album for that matter? that goes without saying.

if you hate rock and roll, throwing on pink floyd isnt gonna make a difference.