PDA

View Full Version : New York Unity

tragedykhadafi12
05-08-2007, 03:43 PM
A lot of people say that new york needs more unity and that may be true for some people but if you think about it a lot of ny cats are cool. mobb and wu worked together. Cormega worked with ghost, lox, mop, etc. Az works with wu and nas and mega, ghost works with lox and bunch of dudes, basically my point is that a lot of ny artists are cool with each other. I guess the track with styles p and az made me really realize this.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-08-2007, 04:10 PM
its all love New York needs to be the epicenter again

cap
05-08-2007, 04:44 PM
A lot of people say that new york needs more unity and that may be true for some people but if you think about it a lot of ny cats are cool. mobb and wu worked together. Cormega worked with ghost, lox, mop, etc. Az works with wu and nas and mega, ghost works with lox and bunch of dudes, basically my point is that a lot of ny artists are cool with each other. I guess the track with styles p and az made me really realize this.

what az/styles track??
edit : nevermind i saw the thread.

maestro wooz
05-08-2007, 08:33 PM
fuck unity, people just need to not shoot each other. Some of the best tracks ever came out of beefs. Beef is okay as long as dudes keep it on record and use it to fuel their music. Its not a lack of unity thats hurting ny right now, its the fact that there is hardly any quality music coming out of ny and when it does it gets little to no airplay.

11th Chamber
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I dont like New York too much. People are assholes

Longbongcilvaringz
05-08-2007, 08:44 PM
rae said in an interview that mobb deep and wu werent even necessarily cool with each other but they just did some tracks together because they were two of the biggest artists at the time.

i dont think hip hop artists need unity, its not going to fix the music.

OTB
05-09-2007, 02:15 PM
KRS/Marley Marl droppin May 22-

pick it up yall, i mos def will

-peace

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I dont like New York too much. People are assholes
wtf?

Scribbles
05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Fuck that Unity garbage.

Just get into a studio, have a smoke or two and lay some vocals down for each other. That's what it's really about. Doesn't matter if you're best buddies or not. Just have that respect for one another and do your music on point.

That's about it....

After that happens, then anything is possible.

I'm sounding like Jay Z in that interview with Nas, but it's da truth...lol...

tragedykhadafi12
05-09-2007, 09:52 PM
I never said anything about best buddies my point is just that a lot of new york cats work together. They just need the dj love and mtv and they would be back with the populous.