PDA

View Full Version : That's IT!!!!

Scribbles
05-08-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Top+R%26B%2FHip-Hop+Albums&pageNumber=Top+11-50&g=Albums

Joell Ortiz album only sold 5529 albums debuting #49 on the Billboards....

For all the promo he's done on HHG and BET, this is a shock. Especially cuz of the quality of the album. Where is the support????

Polocash7
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Damn,his LP is solid,too

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-08-2007, 09:56 PM
u cant make money out of music this days.....

are u suprised or something?

Kenny Powers
05-09-2007, 01:04 AM
i never seen his album in the store, let alone really heard his shit at all.

Come Honor Face
05-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Who? Never heard of him.

11th Chamber
05-09-2007, 01:09 AM
most casual hip hop fans have never even heard of the guy. Dont be to surprised

THE W
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
who?

Scribbles
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Joell Ortiz.

You'll recognize the name once Aftermath puts out his album on their label.

Man ya'll need to check up on this dude if you aint never heard of him. This kid IS the future. Lyrically, flow-wise, he's brilliant.

cap
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Top+R%26B%2FHip-Hop+Albums&pageNumber=Top+11-50&g=Albums

Joell Ortiz album only sold 5529 albums debuting #49 on the Billboards....

For all the promo he's done on HHG and BET, this is a shock. Especially cuz of the quality of the album. Where is the support????

yeah man shits gonna have to change drastically and i really think that the major labels are gonna come up woth a drastic solution to stop illegal downloading.

and im about to order my copy so make that 5530 copÓes.

Scribbles
05-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Yea somethings gotta give especially with improving technology. You know the gov't is gonna start massive crackdowns. It's only a matter of time.

In respect to their argument, this is the new age theft mechanism. It's basically like going into a record store grabbing an album and running out. Except now FAT people can do this from sitting at home.

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
downloading albums on the internet has to stop.

oDoUoSoKo
05-09-2007, 06:35 PM
u cant make money out of music this days.....

are u suprised or something?
50 will still go atleast 5 times plat.

mofo
05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Damn, that sucks, everyone support Joell!!.

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-09-2007, 08:06 PM

thats because u see his face on tv.

oDoUoSoKo
05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
i kno, im jus sayin...people will always download ans w/e...but he still (unfortunately) goin plat.

num2son
05-09-2007, 08:23 PM
sorry, never heard of him.

junius
05-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Joell Ortiz is a dude from Williamsburg, Brooklyn-- East W'burg area, in fact, a mixed Italian, Latino & industrial area that, in recent years, has becaome a so-called "hipster" enclave (but not totally). Bushwick is nearby, maybe some of ya'll remember The Arsonists, even if they were on an "indie" rock label. There's a Joell mix cd from a cpl years ago called "Who The ##@$^%$ Is Joell Ortiz?" I picked up for $1 when Beat Street (huge, famous record store on Fulton St) closed last year (RIP). For what it's worth, I don't think Joell is even known in BK, tho' he is a talented guy. Can't say I'm too optimistic about ANY Aftermath record at this point but... maybe.

Re: sales, ya'll know the trends but distribution for shit, even in New York, can be fucking TERRIBLE. It was easier for me to find Hell Razah & that Mobb Deep archives 2-cd at a cool store in Tampa, Florida than it is here, for example. You can walk into an overpriced, cd/dvd shop IN Brooklyn & not even find Sean Price, say... it's weird.

sidenote: speaking of BK, holy crap that AZ presents Begetz cd is awful ya'll, don't even bother w/the download.

11th Chamber
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM

even for 50, goin 5 times plat is gonna be hard. He said in an interview a while back that people are gonna look at his new album as a failure for the simple fact that it wont sell as much as his last

venex
05-10-2007, 01:59 PM
joell ortiz is great...i've been checkin' him out since day 1

still gotta buy his album though...and this could take another month or 2, maybe 3...

eventually I will buy it..no doubt..for now, i gotta do it with a download of the album (and this is with all my albums, because I can't order every week from the internet, and in the place where I live, there was 1 good shop to buy hiphop, and it closed a few weeks ago, because they weren't makin' money anymore, as alot of music shops around here, really sad)

WuGambino
05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
In respect to their argument, this is the new age theft mechanism. It's basically like going into a record store grabbing an album and running out. Except now FAT people can do this from sitting at home.

LMAO

Meta4
05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
sidenote: speaking of BK, holy crap that AZ presents Begetz cd is awful ya'll, don't even bother w/the download.

DAmn I was gonna check that out too. I MIGHT dl it now and if I like then I'll buy it.

anti-social
05-10-2007, 09:20 PM
yea, here comes Music Kiosk folks...remember where u heard it first...think back to how you started seein 8-12 years ol' with cell phones, soon your gonna be able to go to malls or places where ever you shop and make your own cd's.....these kiosks, allow teenie boppers to hook up their cell phones for ringtones....record companies don't really give a fuck about illegal downloadin', they look at artists as tax write offs, only when it's their top sellin' artist, that they get concerned....when it's someone like Joell Ortiz...they'll write him off...sad, but true....

Musical Kiosk, comin' soon to a hood (subarban mall) near you folks...

Polocash7
05-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Joell Ortiz is a dude from Williamsburg, Brooklyn-- East W'burg area, in fact, a mixed Italian, Latino & industrial area that, in recent years, has becaome a so-called "hipster" enclave (but not totally). Bushwick is nearby, maybe some of ya'll remember The Arsonists, even if they were on an "indie" rock label. There's a Joell mix cd from a cpl years ago called "Who The ##@$^%$ Is Joell Ortiz?" I picked up for $1 when Beat Street (huge, famous record store on Fulton St) closed last year (RIP). For what it's worth, I don't think Joell is even known in BK, tho' he is a talented guy. Can't say I'm too optimistic about ANY Aftermath record at this point but... maybe.

Re: sales, ya'll know the trends but distribution for shit, even in New York, can be fucking TERRIBLE. It was easier for me to find Hell Razah & that Mobb Deep archives 2-cd at a cool store in Tampa, Florida than it is here, for example. You can walk into an overpriced, cd/dvd shop IN Brooklyn & not even find Sean Price, say... it's weird.

Well said. Duke is nice. I can't front. I grew up in BK and still hang there and still I didn't hear of him. Heads online kept saying u need hear this. Finally,d/l it and I gotta cop it. It's worth coppin'.

As far as coppin' cds,Fat Beats(on 6th ave,in the city) is the spot to go. Always has the hottest underground cds

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
HEAT POSTED A VIDEO HERE

http://www.thecorpse.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25473&st=0

The Hound
05-10-2007, 10:55 PM
yea, here comes Music Kiosk folks...remember where u heard it first...think back to how you started seein 8-12 years ol' with cell phones, soon your gonna be able to go to malls or places where ever you shop and make your own cd's.....these kiosks, allow teenie boppers to hook up their cell phones for ringtones....record companies don't really give a fuck about illegal downloadin', they look at artists as tax write offs, only when it's their top sellin' artist, that they get concerned....when it's someone like Joell Ortiz...they'll write him off...sad, but true....

Musical Kiosk, comin' soon to a hood (subarban mall) near you folks...
yeah what the fuck are these kiosks ?? i went into a shop the other week, checked out the hip hop section ... theres fuckin tons of shit youd never see in the big chain shops in sydney ... la the darkman, papoose, ill bill just shit like that ... but they like little cards and shit, so i thought its some shit about stealing cds that the cds were behind the counter, i go up to buy a cd, motherfucker tells me to go over to a big fuckin line and download the shit, wtf, i dont wanna download it i wanna get the original fuckin cd in my hands ... this kiosk shit is nonsense