PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Think You All Appreciate This Man

maestro wooz
05-09-2007, 01:58 AM
http://www.altrap.com/editorialpics/100/064jeru.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000003R6H.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

These two albums are certified classics. Complete Premo production plus jeru as the primary emcee...Anyone who leaves jeru out of their top 10 emcees of all time is missing the point of this hip hop shit

Longbongcilvaringz
05-09-2007, 02:28 AM
probably my favourite premo production on "Wrath of The Math".

jeru is a much better mc than guru also.

bloodyhookz
05-09-2007, 02:32 AM
no way, he ain't nicer than Guru, he's up there but not as nice as Guru, that's just way overrated if you ask me, but Jeru and Dap are gully cats, they were up here in my city chillin' and everything was peace, they laid a couple tracks down with some next men I know and he's a cool dude, good lookin' out to Jeru for real!!!!

Fuck if he ain't buiding with Primo, let other producers shine!!

The Hound
05-09-2007, 02:48 AM
wtf ... gangstarr stay apart ? ... guru aint a nice mc ? ... the fuck ????

sun rises in the east is a personal favourite in my top 5 of all time, ill work all round there ...

Durag
05-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Two fuckin classics dope production and rhymes. Premo at his best

cap
05-09-2007, 06:01 AM
i never got into him,could you up some of the best trax from both albums??

Longbongcilvaringz
05-09-2007, 06:10 AM
wtf ... gangstarr stay apart ? ... guru aint a nice mc ? ... the fuck ????

sun rises in the east is a personal favourite in my top 5 of all time, ill work all round there ...

i dislike guru post "Hard to Earn" thats all...

jeru is much better in my opinion, lyrics, and particularly flow and voice wise.

i know its blasphemous to say shit like that around here but thats how i feel.

premo's beats right now are better used on mc's like canibus, royce, nas etc. who can do them justice rather than an mc like guru who is well past his prime, in my opinion.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-09-2007, 09:56 AM
2 be honest, I've never heard of him. If u say he has 2 classics, imma get his shit..

Prolifical ENG
05-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I always thought people here praised him more than anyone else. Someone at least upload Come Clean for cap.

No one flows like Jeru.

Hookz is right though....hes always comes to T-Dot...he said himself its his second home.

The Hound
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM

please listen to this song

http://download.yousendit.com/08BA4AA423611F25 (http://download.yousendit.com/08BA4AA423611F25)

DUMBO
05-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Invasion, nuff said.

maestro wooz
05-09-2007, 09:59 PM
YES, jeru is defintley iller than guru. Guru showed kids how to rhyme on a premo track, but voice (NO QUESTION), flow, lyrics, wordplay, charisma, etc...jeru kills guru. Jeru spits REAL shit, not some fake gangster shit, he says what people need to hear.

WHATTTTT, you gotta hear the albums

cap
05-10-2007, 05:36 AM
please listen to this song

http://download.yousendit.com/08BA4AA423611F25 (http://download.yousendit.com/08BA4AA423611F25)

thx for this man,that track is insane.
i'll definitely see if i can get a hold on those albums!!
they're prolly out of print though right??

The Hound
05-10-2007, 05:46 AM
nah i doubt it, well i cant comment on wrath of the math but i got sun rises in the east about 7 years ago but it was stolen and about 3 months or so i bought it at a hip hop specific shop ... if u got any of those around u check em out they should have it, or atleast be able to order

TAURO
05-10-2007, 06:20 AM
As far as I know they are both not out of print, I managed to pick them up fairly easily.

THE W
05-10-2007, 07:00 AM
wrath of the math is premo's best work. did not like SRITE. it had maybe 3 or 4 joints i actually liked.

i like jeru better than guru as well.

Jeru
05-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Namecheck...:yes: my favorit mc

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-10-2007, 07:25 AM
wrath of the math is premo's best work. did not like SRITE. it had maybe 3 or 4 joints i actually liked.

damn that is a fucking classic, the beat on Come Clean maybe the best beat ever made

OTB
05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
'jungle music' waz alwayz my fav jeru joint-

that joint iz on some nyabingi boom sh-t, and
premier cuts the hell out of it-

somebody reprezent and upload 'jungle music'

-peace

TSA
05-10-2007, 01:08 PM
probably my favourite premo production on "Wrath of The Math".

jeru is a much better mc than guru also.

so how come he's not a "complete joke" for wearing a Chinesse robe and a big fake ball of cartoony childish "energy".

EXPECIALLY since he you know, not chinesse.

venex
05-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I liked jeru also alot....

what do you guys think of his album "divine design".. ??? not my fav jeru album, but I liked it alot too !!!!!

true skillz (of divine design) is sooooo illl !!!

but my problem with jeru is..sometimes he says things that are really scientifical (or he's trying too) but not really has a meaning to it... idk..it could be me...

Jeru
05-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I liked jeru also alot....

what do you guys think of his album "divine design".. ??? not my fav jeru album, but I liked it alot too !!!!!

true skillz (of divine design) is sooooo illl !!!

but my problem with jeru is..sometimes he says things that are really scientifical (or he's trying too) but not really has a meaning to it... idk..it could be me...

Nah, that's Afu-Ra LOL.

Divine Design was meh...production wise it's a flop.

Heroz4Hire however is a personal classic to me.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Heroes 4 Hire had better tracks

bloodyhookz
05-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I still don't agree that Jeru is nicer than Guru, if anything he's just as nice as Guru but not nicer, how y'all gonna shit on Guru that easily? He's a legend in this hiphop shit and if it wasn't for Guru you would of never heard of Jeru!!!

maestro wooz
05-10-2007, 09:27 PM

they are two different types of album, but i agree that wrath of the math is better

I still don't agree that Jeru is nicer than Guru, if anything he's just as nice as Guru but not nicer, how y'all gonna shit on Guru that easily? He's a legend in this hiphop shit and if it wasn't for Guru you would of never heard of Jeru!!!

as far as hip hop legend status, guru > jeru easily. But bar for bar, id take jeru

Longbongcilvaringz
05-11-2007, 11:42 AM
so how come he's not a "complete joke" for wearing a Chinesse robe and a big fake ball of cartoony childish "energy".

EXPECIALLY since he you know, not chinesse.

what? are you refering to my comments about jay z?

im pretty sure jeru hasnt gone to china, like hes some fucking king and had a street named after him, and dressed like hes "embracing the culture" by wearing some costume which looks ludicrous on him, and riden a camel and made it into some publicity stunt.

Skellington
05-11-2007, 11:48 AM
U crazy, ofcourse we do

venex
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Nah, that's Afu-Ra LOL.

Divine Design was meh...production wise it's a flop.

Heroz4Hire however is a personal classic to me.

LOL, yeah could be...but I'm gonna talk to you about this on msn once..to explain what I mean...you might change my mind :)

haven't checked out heroz4hire, i'mma do that !!!

yeaahhh, divine design wasn't good...but true skillz is one of my favorite jeru tracks ever, and that beat is ILL !!! can't deny it.. i ain't gonna say this about the other tracks, but that track is ill:b

Meta4
05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Got both those albums. Both are Illy McIllage.

A Lot of cats think Guru is a so-so emcee.

A Lot of cats are lacking in the mental dept.

beautifulrock
05-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Why are we comparing Jeru to Guru? They are both fantastic emcees, but are different in so many conceivable ways from flow to voice inflections.

Both CDs mentioned are classics in my collection.

Dokuro
05-11-2007, 05:58 PM
who.................................?

no no i dont think you all appreciate
http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/506/product_medium/SZCD76.jpg