PDA

View Full Version : kung fu flicks

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

midGet
04-19-2006, 04:48 PM
dunno about them diamonds, havent seen the whole movie yet, but the intro is 2 guys fighting each other with red background....

some reviews of KF flix say that these movies have a poor dubbing quality, well, fuck that, i like the english dubbing, it makes the movie is more vivid ......yeah fuck subtitles and other thing (and important) you can identify the part of a movie, which Wu sampled, lol ....didnt you just used the wu-tang school method against me?? forgive me, i know many styles. ;)

Elaquent
04-19-2006, 04:56 PM
i personally prefer english dubs too..but i have no problem with subtitles if the dubbing isnt available, or its too low quality (soundwise). the thing with english dubs that bother lots of ppl is that they dont stay true sometimes to the original translation...thats y sometimes comedic bits dont make sense in some kng fu comedies.

for the dude wondering about kung fu horror movies, these films are MUST HAVES: Encounters of the Spooky Kind (starring and directed by Sammo Hung), Dreadnaught (starring Yuen Biao, directed by Yuen Woo Ping), and Mr Vampire (starring Lam Ching Ying, produced by Sammo Hung). i find that lots of kung fu horrors come across as real cheesy...these 3 are probably the finest you'll find. just be warned that theyre not really loaded with fights...more story driven.

Elaquent
04-19-2006, 04:58 PM
btw midget...ur copy of Shaolin vs Wutang is the original language? is ur copy widescreen btw? if so, u should realize that ur version (from what i was told) is cut. not sure by how much tho. my version is full screen, english dubbed...with subs...?!

PANDA PISS
04-19-2006, 05:02 PM
midget if you have 2 guys on a red background "battling for ultimate supremacy" you have the right shit
the final fight is brilliant, but the whole film is good

wat pisses me off is that i had drunken master with jackie chan, and they changed the dubs wen they put it on dvd
totally pissed me off

midGet
04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
yeah, I checked it now, in the intro the man says "At the height of their fame and glory they turned on one another each struggling in vain for ultimate supremacy. In the passion and death of their struggle the very art that had raised them to such a rampant heights was lost. The techniques vanished" ....so it's the correct one, but had difficulties to get it.

btw Elaquent, i dont have original dvd, i got it from dc++ and cant find nobody with dubbed Shaolin vs Wu-Tang :(

Elaquent
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
word..the film is not hard to find if u look online to buy it. its worth it for the english dub..its full of quotables. kinda weird..the first time i saw the Mystery of Chessboxing, i was expecting to find that line sampled from Da Mystery of Chessboxin wutang track....i was disappointed to find out it came from Shaolin and Wu Tang and Five Deadly Venoms. if i had a dvd burner, i'd send u a dvdr copy of mine.

PANDA PISS
04-19-2006, 07:19 PM
da mystery of chessboxin is sampled on 'ironman'
just saw 'iron fist pillage'
very funny joint
and i mean funny
cappa isnt funny but the rest are
its just a joke film
check it out
hey elaquent, is the original film the same?
dont think ill buy it
fight scenes werent very good
dubbing made it cool

denaturat
04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
saw I good Japanese flick called "Samurai Fiction" - new film in black and white, set in feudal japan, a bit tongue and cheek, plays on the old Kurosawa films, overall really good, if you like mindless action it's not for you, it's quite intelligent, highly recommended......5.5, check out this link for screen shots. I actually rented it at block buster.

http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/swordplay/samuraifiction/samuraifiction.html

num2son
04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the link^^

Elaquent
04-19-2006, 10:06 PM
"hey elaquent, is the original film the same?
dont think ill buy it
fight scenes werent very good
dubbing made it cool"

the original film has the same footage..but its really a tight triad story. i think some of the footage is cut in Iron Fist Pillage. i'd track down the Celestial disc...widescreen makes a big difference in the film..fights are a lot more clear. and its uncut. i thought the fights were great..however, it sounds like early 70s fight choreography doesnt do it for u...fair enuff. its an acquired taste. btw, one thing that u should know is that theres a HUGE cut in the final fight...not sure i remember exactly how iron fist ends...but in most versions of Duel of the Iron Fist, the movie ends right when david chiang kills a thug. in the uncut ending, the fight goes on for like 5 or 6 more minutes.

midGet
04-20-2006, 06:43 AM
I still have the page, where are most of the samples listed, from which movie etc.... Mantis posted it first, then wu gambino reposted it.......i can repost if y'all want or if the page aint here.

Elaquent
04-20-2006, 10:34 PM
do it up man..i think i read that list a while ago.

if theres any Jackie Chan fans in the house, check out Dragons Forever...just rewatched it today, forgot how dope that movie was.

midGet
04-21-2006, 03:59 AM
ok here it is, the whole 1st page of that thread

www.gzagenius.host.sk/wu-movies/showthread.htm

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 05:56 AM
i posted up that same list as well
but i notice, some of the films have been added
the next one im getting off that list will be 'Shaolin Temple Strikes Back'
the title just makes me know its gonna be great, plus its directed by Joseph Kuo
elaquent you seem like sumthin of a kung-fu veteran
wats the film about?
is it good?

Elaquent
04-21-2006, 10:22 AM
wouldnt quite call myself a veteran yet...ive seen tons of films, but theres still tons i havent seen yet. i guess u can say i do lots of reading and watching.

havent seen shaolin temple strikes back yet...from what i understand, that was a mainland flick, so dont expect to find very many noticeable names in there. its also jo kuo's last flick. ive heard from some ppls that its a good film. its basically another one of those Qing vs Ming stories with the ming hero training at Shaolin.
heres a review i found:
http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/shaolinkungfu.htm

King Justice
04-21-2006, 11:52 AM
what?? it aint dragon on fire GZA sampled on LS?? wtf, i thought the list of kung-fu flicks sampled by WU Mantis made, is correct.........i havent time to check the whole movie, only first 10-15 minutes.

Executioners from Shaolin - is aight movie, thou i aint got the dubbed version, only original mandarin or the hell they are speakin' .........also Shaolin vs Wu-Tang only in original sound :(
It is Dragon On Fire thats on Liquid Swords begininn of The movie, i watched the whole thing

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
im confused
according to imdb, 'shaolin temple strikes back' wasnt his last flick, it was only his 3rd, but according to tha review on your link, he made 2 films with the same name, so although ill prolly end up getting both, is it the first or second film thats sampled?
i cant find the 1981 film anywhere on the net apart from that review
my copy of says 'the dragon, the hero'(and it is the right film)
i have another film called 'dragon on fire' which is wack as hell
obviously the titles are just mixed up for these films
kinda fucked up, i seen some films with like 5 or 6 different titles

midGet
04-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Also Known As:
Dragon and the Hero
Dragon on Fire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079076/

Elaquent
04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
well, dont listen to imdb. u'll find that there are TONS of mistakes, when it comes to genre films. for example, it also sez the film was made in 72, when it was really made in 81. movies surrounding the shaolin temple didnt begin to surface until around 74. Jo Kuo did make 2 films by the same names, the 1974 version can be found here:
http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.1478/qx/details.htm

and the 81 version can be found here:
http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.529764/qx/details.htm

note that 'shaolin temple strikes back' refers specifically to the 81 version...so if u find the film with that title..its really the 81 version.

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 05:29 PM
thanks man, but the 81 film goes by the same alias: 'shaolin kung fu'
nevermind
ill cop it anyway

just watched 'kung fu instructor'
good film about this teacher who is morally righteous, but also badass
he gets used by the mong clan to teach their pupils
but soon regrets selling out to them after he learns of their ways
and ends up in a battle (helped by his student he took on after leaving) against the old master of the mongs
u seen it?
the 'kung fu commandments' scene is sampled right at the end of 'the W'
fight scenes were strong, but not very complex

Elaquent
04-21-2006, 06:51 PM
yeah, that shaolin kung fu thing is confusing.

cool..i havent watched kung fu instructor yet...have heard lots of good things about it...these days ive been on more of a modern phaze...been watchin lots of 80s sammo hung, jackie chan, yuen woo ping and corey yuen flix these days.

to change the monotony, i just watched Boxer from Shantung...really dope flick. its an early 70s flick..but by those standards..teh fights are real good, and the story is real tight...kinda like Scarface set in Shanghai almost. recommended if ur a fan of early 70s SB flix.

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 07:39 PM
i got a lot of watchin to do
seen many yuen woo ping
only sammo hung i seen is, lol 'martial law'
as for jackie chan i love the flix ive seen (drunken master, shaolin wooden men, police story, operation condor,rush hour etc)
but i know he has a LOT of films other than that
my man elaquent
whos corey yuen?
and can u recomend a dope jackie chan film other than the obvious?

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Wu Masta Killer]
yo that 'kung fu instructor' is dope, u shud definetly check it out
i got a lot of watchin to do
seen many yuen woo ping
only sammo hung i seen is, lol 'martial law'
as for jackie chan i love the flix ive seen (drunken master, shaolin wooden men, police story, operation condor,rush hour etc)
my man elaquent
whos corey yuen?
and can u recomend a dope jackie chan film other than the obvious?[/QUOTEnah]
also any1 know what was sampled on fishscale?
or if there was any?

Elaquent
04-21-2006, 07:58 PM
""yo that 'kung fu instructor' is dope, u shud definetly check it out

will do. thanx for the recommendation.

"i got a lot of watchin to do
seen many yuen woo ping
only sammo hung i seen is, lol 'martial law'"

ah! my man, ur in for some treats. this guy is unbelievable in front of and behind the camera. along with Jackie Chan, he basically revolutionalized martial arts films in the 80s, when the period setting lost flavour. for some sammo hung gems check out the following:

Magnificent Butcher (co-directed by Yuen Woo Ping)
Prodigal Son
The Victim (his best oldskool flick)
Pedicab Driver
Knockabout
Warriors Two
Slickers and Killers
Dragons Forever

just to name a few...

"as for jackie chan i love the flix ive seen (drunken master, shaolin wooden men, police story, operation condor,rush hour etc)
my man elaquent
whos corey yuen?"

corey yuen is one of my fav directors/choreographers. he came from the same skool as sammo hung, jackie chan and yuen biao. but he spent most of the time behind the camera. he directed/choreographed most of jet li's 90s films including Fong Sai Yuk 1 and 2 (the legend), My Father is a Hero (the enforcer), and was the choreographer of Kiss of the Dragon, Romeo must die, Cradle to the Grave, and the Transporter, 1 and 2, Lethal Weapon 4 and Xmen 1. while he's not as well known as jackie and sammo..hes legendary in his own right. he was the choreographer of lots of oldskool classics like Invincible Armour, Heroes of the Wild (heroes of shaolin), Ninja in the Dragons Den, Hells Windstaff, Buddha Assassinator..he was actually an assistant choreographer on Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master. also known as Corey Yuen Kwai. theres a quick history lesson..

some corey yuen classics to check out:

Righting Wrongs (starring yuen biao) ** (his best film)
Yes, Madam! (starring michelle yeoh)* (ok film overall, unbelievable finale worth the price)
My Father is a Hero*
Fong Sai Yuk
The Transporter (he didnt actually direct it)
Ninja in the Dragons Den*

* = 5
** = 5.5
everything else is at least a 4

"and can u recomend a dope jackie chan film other than the obvious?"

no problem..lets see, i recommend:
Police Story**
Police Story 2**
Police Story 3 (Supercop)
New Police Story
Drunken Master**
Drunken Master 2 (Legend of Drunken Master)**
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow*
Miracles
Dragons Forever**
Crime Story
Shaolin Wooden Men
Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin
Project A
Project A 2
Wheels on Meals
Young Master**

* = 5
** = 5.5
everything else is at least a 4 in my opinion

[/QUOTEnah]
"also any1 know what was sampled on fishscale?
or if there was any?"

havent heard fishscale yet, so i couldnt tell u..i'll have to cop that album soon.

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 08:03 PM
thanks for that list
ima study it

fishscale has a few lines on it, but i dont know if theyre made up or come from a film

Elaquent
04-21-2006, 08:09 PM
sick avatar btw...thats the Killer, right?

sick movie, Hard Boiled is John Woo's best film in my opinion tho.

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 08:17 PM
My God, so they are huggers. I've heard lots of people say once a man's a hugger, they just keep on hugging and hugging; they sort of develop a taste for hugs.
-Yeah, that's right. They hug one woman, or hug ten, it's all the same (yes). After all, they can only slap you once...

this is sum1s sig
replace the hugs with killers
i cant remember the film or song its from
help me out?

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 08:18 PM

Elaquent
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
the song is Mighty Healthy by Ghostface
the original sample comes from the original Planet of the Apes i believe.

i meant ur signature picture..the pic of Danny Lee and Chow Yun Fat.

PANDA PISS
04-21-2006, 08:50 PM
'they sort of develop a taste for blood'
really?
its from planet of the apes?
yeah my pic is from 'the killer'
one of my fave flicks

havent seen planet of the apes
only the rather wack remake
ima check out the origin
peace

Elaquent
04-21-2006, 09:35 PM
i havent seen the original planet of the apes in ages...when i was readin up the lyrics on ohhla..it sed it was from planet of the apes. could be wrong tho.

PANDA PISS
04-22-2006, 11:14 AM
here are the films ive got but not watched yet:
Seven Grandmasters
8 Diagram Pole Fighter
Flag of Iron
Chinese Super Ninjas

and i got a few others comin in the post

midGet
04-22-2006, 12:11 PM
those first two you havent watched are dope, i've seen 'em......8 diagram has an ill end scene, unbelievable choreography....Gordon Liu at its best.

7 grandmasters is one of the few good movies that didnt came from Shaw Bros. with a nice plot. Like 'em both.

Flag of Iron , well, it was a bit strange for me, not really my kind of kung-fu flick.

PANDA PISS
04-22-2006, 12:26 PM
i like the venoms
im expectin to like 'flag of iron'
theres a lot of samples in it

midGet
04-22-2006, 12:50 PM
there's no venoms movie i've seen that is wack.

PANDA PISS
04-22-2006, 12:52 PM
but you sed u werent rilly feelin flag of iron?
i heard its not one of their best
but it should still be good

100pr00f
04-22-2006, 01:00 PM
there's no venoms movie i've seen that is wack.

nine demans...haha

the only one out of 18 that i got i dont like

but all the movie u got on that llist of 5 are good flicks to watch

Elaquent
04-22-2006, 01:44 PM
well, 9 demons isnt really a true venoms film...well, its not an SB film at least..and it was made during a time in Chang Cheh's career when he decided to fuck with crystal meth or somethin lmao..i agree tho, thats a crap film regardless. some of the fights are solid tho.

"Seven Grandmasters
8 Diagram Pole Fighter
Flag of Iron
Chinese Super Ninjas"

7 Grandmasters = one of my top 5 fav oldskoolers. Joseph Kuo directed it, Corey Yuen choreographs..jack long's best film. a must see. lots of ppl love 8 diagram, chances are u'll like it too. i thought it was pretty good..but overrated. flag of iron is pretty solid, but not he best venoms film. still good tho. chinse super ninjas is really hate it or love it kinda film..really cheesy but campy fun...if u enjoy a film like Master of the Flying Guillotine or Return of the Chinese Boxer, i dont see y u shouldnt enjoy it.

"7 grandmasters is one of the few good movies that didnt came from Shaw Bros. with a nice plot. Like 'em both."

few?!?! lol, theres TONS of great golden harvest and independent films that are great films IMO. personally, i prefer independent flix lik 7 grand, drunken master, and the like, moreso than SB flix..but thats just me.

PANDA PISS
04-22-2006, 03:53 PM
it pisses me off
my boss keeps fuckin me on my pay
i can only afford to buy a few films a month
cos i gotta buy cds, clothes, train tickets, pay my mother rent, food
luckily kung fu films are quite cheap
but it seems like all dvd prices are gradually getting cheaper
the guy i bought 'mystery of chessboxing'
from on ebay has told me hes sending my another copy
since it hasnt shown up in a month
pisses me off cos if ida waited i cudda got it cheaper on amazon

Elaquent
04-22-2006, 07:44 PM
ur in for a treat once u get Mystery of Chessboxing.

midGet
04-23-2006, 03:16 AM
but you sed u werent rilly feelin flag of iron?
i heard its not one of their best
but it should still be good

it's a good movie but not the style I like, it is more like a comics to me,lol

nine demans...haha

havent seen that one

few?!?! lol, theres TONS of great golden harvest and independent films that are great films IMO. personally, i prefer independent flix lik 7 grand, drunken master, and the like, moreso than SB flix..but thats just me

I dont have access to all kung-fu flix like you ppl in the states.....i'm happy that I have the few i managed to download from dc++ ;) ....and cant afford to buy flicks just like that, shipping is too expensive /(
I have only 10 non-SB movies :ouch: ....Invincible Armor is classic tho

Elaquent
04-23-2006, 09:23 AM
fair enough....i agree tho, invincible armour is a classic. where r u from?

PANDA PISS
04-23-2006, 03:45 PM
i think my copy of 'invinciblr armor' is arriving in a day or 2
ill post up my thoughts when i see it
any1 seen 'operation condor'!
haha

Elaquent
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Armour of God (operation condor) is an A+ jackie film.

dont know which version u have..but if uve got the american redubbed version (i think its Dimension), just know that Operation Condor 1, is really Armour of God 2, and Operation Conder 2 is really Armour of God 1. not sure y they mixed it up. so if u havent seen operation condor 2..then u really havent seen the original.

bob99digi
04-24-2006, 10:14 AM
well, 9 demons isnt really a true venoms film...well, its not an SB film at least..and it was made during a time in Chang Cheh's career when he decided to fuck with crystal meth or somethin lmao..i agree tho, thats a crap film regardless. some of the fights are solid tho.

Have you ever seen the venom flick "Ninja in the Deadly Trap"? This was after SB, pretty new actually, done in 1985. Kuo Chi directed this one, and I believe it was the first movie he directed. The movie had 3 of the venoms in it (kuo chi, chiang sheng, and lu feng) as well as Ti Lung. Curious as to your thoughts on this one, like/dislike? I thought it was good.

100pr00f
04-24-2006, 10:17 AM
i liked it...it was a 4 stare for me

100pr00f
04-24-2006, 10:26 AM
1. China town kid............................................... ....3.5
2. Chinese super ninja............................................4
3. Kid with the golden arms.............................................. .........5.5
4. Masked avengers.......................................... ......5
5. Shaolin rescuers.......................................... ........5
6. Ten tigers from kwangung ..................................4
7. 5 deadly venoms............................................ .........................5.5 cult classic
8. the magnificent ruffians.........................................5
9. 2 champions of death............................................. .................5.5
10. Invincible shaolin........................................... ........................5.5
11. Killer army.............................................. ..............4
12. Flag of iron.............................................. .............4
13. Nine demons............................................ ............2.5
14. brave archer............................................ .............3
15. return of the 5 deadly venoms............................................ ...5.5

im getting in the mail death rings im not sure thats a straight up venom flick.....but it was in thier filmagraphy
same ae i got marco pollo and a few other joints featuring some of the venoms but not a true venom film

flicks im still gonna get...are the brave archer 2-4
and like 3 or 4 more others

lol

ima have a shit load ove venom flicks

also got ran on the way a samuria flick..one of the best..so i heard

PANDA PISS
04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Armour of God (operation condor) is an A+ jackie film.

dont know which version u have..but if uve got the american redubbed version (i think its Dimension), just know that Operation Condor 1, is really Armour of God 2, and Operation Conder 2 is really Armour of God 1. not sure y they mixed it up. so if u havent seen operation condor 2..then u really havent seen the original.

I guess i got the sequel then
very funny film tho
is the original better?

damn 100proof is SERIOUS!
how can you afford that shit n how long have u been buying kung fu?

Elaquent
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
i thought ninja in the deadly trap was a fine film...as a big fan of yasuaki kurata i cant say i had very many complaints with it...well i havent watched it in a very long time, but i remember enjoying it quite a bit.

btw 100proof, Ran is an unbelievable film. in the tradition of seven samurai and yojimbo..just dont expect something bloody like zatoichi and lone wolf and cub.

the line between "official" venoms films is really blurry...personally, my criteria for an official venoms film is that it must contain at least 3 of the 6 (yes, 6 venoms, not 5), be SB..and its gotta be directed by Chang Cheh. and its unclear whether marco polo or chinatown kid can be really considered venoms films...cuz they were made BEFORE the definitive 5 Venoms film. there were quite a few low budget films which just featured 2 or 3 of the venoms which i dont consider true venoms films cuz they dont retain the same Venoms feel that they did with chang chen adn SB...just my take on it anyways.

Elaquent
04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
oh and wu masta killa....both armour of god films are great...hard to choose which one is better...im inclined to say the original..but the sequel is very worthy.

PANDA PISS
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
btw elaquent
im not sure if that sample we talked about on 'mighty healthy' is from planet of the apes
i searched tons of different words, i found a link to this site which was about to say what it was but the page was closed
its rilly pissin me off
and i checked ohhla too, it dont say nuthin

100pr00f
04-24-2006, 06:17 PM
I guess i got the sequel then
very funny film tho
is the original better?

damn 100proof is SERIOUS!
how can you afford that shit n how long have u been buying kung fu?

like 2 years

i started with 5 deadly venoms as my first kung fu flick ever
and then jet li so i started buying every film i can ...def .the venoms cuz u cant get a hold of them too easy ..so i found a guy
that had them ..most likely fakes but i didnt care

5$ each i got 4 venms flicks every time i got paid

same with jet li..at the mall they had all his shit 2 for 15$
so i got 2 of them every time i got paid

so 35$ every 2 weeks

Elaquent
04-24-2006, 06:18 PM
word up. i coulda sworn wherever i read the lyrics sed it was from planet of the apes..i'll check again.

PANDA PISS
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
$70 a month aint much
im already spending more than that each month on fu flicks

Elaquent
04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
yeah, if u know the right people/places, kung fu flix are very affordable.

this month alone, ive accumlated about 15 or 20 flix...some are bootlegs, but thats cool..i dont mind considering very few kung fu flix are official. ive been collecting since 2001 or 2002...

i started fof with the bruce lee flix...then i started coppin jet li flix....and THEN....i saw Iron Monkey...blew my mind..i was basically only collecting 90s kung fu flix...and THEN..i saw Drunken Master 1...the first late 70s film i ever saw..and its been history ever since.

these days, ive only been collecting modern martial arts films...lots of 80s and early 90s stuff which featured more realistic fighting and insane stuntwork.

bob99digi
04-25-2006, 10:15 AM
the line between "official" venoms films is really blurry...personally, my criteria for an official venoms film is that it must contain at least 3 of the 6 (yes, 6 venoms, not 5), be SB..and its gotta be directed by Chang Cheh. and its unclear whether marco polo or chinatown kid can be really considered venoms films...cuz they were made BEFORE the definitive 5 Venoms film. there were quite a few low budget films which just featured 2 or 3 of the venoms which i dont consider true venoms films cuz they dont retain the same Venoms feel that they did with chang chen adn SB...just my take on it anyways.

lol, I classify "venom" films the same way for the most part. I consider chinatown kid to be one just based on the feel of it for some reason, hard to explain.

What are the 5 "definitive venom" flicks in your opinion?

Marco Polo - don't know if I consider it a venom flick either, I really don't. But I do consider it somewhat classic in that its one of the few films where you have any of the venoms and Gordon Liu together.

100pr00f
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
^^^ i agree

Elaquent
04-25-2006, 01:30 PM
what i meant by definitive venoms flix is that chinatown kid and marco polo came b4 the 5 Deadly Venoms movie...it wasnt until that movie came out were they collectively known as the venoms. as for my top 5 venoms:

5 venoms - 4/5.5 (i think its a good flick..not their best..but a must for collectors)
kid with golden arms -5.5
crippled avengers - 4.5
invincible shaolin - 4.5

undecided regarding last one...to be honest, im not a huge venoms fan overall..they have good flix..but i preferred liu chia liangs SB films more at that time period.

PANDA PISS
04-25-2006, 01:38 PM
what i meant by definitive venoms flix is that chinatown kid and marco polo came b4 the 5 Deadly Venoms movie...it wasnt until that movie came out were they collectively known as the venoms. as for my top 5 venoms:

5 venoms - 4/5.5 (i think its a good flick..not their best..but a must for collectors)
kid with golden arms -5.5
crippled avengers - 4.5
invincible shaolin - 4.5

undecided regarding last one...to be honest, im not a huge venoms fan overall..they have good flix..but i preferred liu chia liangs SB films more at that time period.
have to say i disagree with ya list (altho havent seen 'invincible shaolin')
'kid with the golden arms' is the weakest venom flick i seen yet, maybe cos it was cut
how long is the original version?

Elaquent
04-25-2006, 03:12 PM
aw man u gotta be kidding me! kid with the golden arms is my favourite venoms flick...i'd take that over 5 venoms or crippled avengers any day. the ground zero version is only like 75 minutes..its been cut by like 15 or 20 minutes. i havent seen the full cut yet, but from what i understand, it was mostly just story and dialogue cut. i actually thought crippled avengers, while a good movie, was a tad overrated...a lot of the fights felt like circus performances....u forget that ur watching a fight. thats just me tho. it still stays close to me cuz of chen kuan tai. to each his own. i thought five venoms was one of the most overatted films ive seen yet..but its grown on me more everytime i see it. good plot, but the fights were average at best.

PANDA PISS
04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
aw man u gotta be kidding me! kid with the golden arms is my favourite venoms flick...i'd take that over 5 venoms or crippled avengers any day. the ground zero version is only like 75 minutes..its been cut by like 15 or 20 minutes. i havent seen the full cut yet, but from what i understand, it was mostly just story and dialogue cut. i actually thought crippled avengers, while a good movie, was a tad overrated...a lot of the fights felt like circus performances....u forget that ur watching a fight. thats just me tho. it still stays close to me cuz of chen kuan tai. to each his own. i thought five venoms was one of the most overatted films ive seen yet..but its grown on me more everytime i see it. good plot, but the fights were average at best.
^wrong 4 dat
i did watch '....golden arms' when i was way too drunk
maybe if i see it with a clear head
crippled avengers was off the chain, some of the best fights i seen yet
and the dumb one was mad funny

100pr00f
04-25-2006, 08:25 PM
update: a better tomorrow

gave it a 4.2 ...rely good movie with a nice story line the action is nice..with things i havnt seen in action flicks like when chow get pucnhed in his nose blood pours out from it being broken....cant wait till i see the 2nd one ...its supposed to be better
haha

peace

Elaquent
04-25-2006, 10:10 PM
a better tomorrow two is kinda a tradeoff...a slightly less engaging story for more action..a fair trade off if u ask me. both films are HK classics.

bob99digi
04-26-2006, 10:37 AM

to your previous post - I think i thought you said the movies chinatown kid and marco polo didn't come out before "5 definitive venoms" films, not 5 deadly venoms, so my mistake, lol. And I agree, it wasn't until that film that they were known as "the venoms", but I would still classify certain movies "venom" films if they were before then, if they still have the same feel and are dominated by the venoms. I do consider Chinatown Kid one though, and I assumed it was after 5 venoms, probably because of the modern setting.

Kid w/ Golden Arm - lol, I think my opinion is a lot more similar to yours. I have seen a good amount of hate for this movie on here, and it surprised me, as this has always been one of my favorite venom movies. It has a nice story, twist in the plot, interesting characters....

And I too think 5 venoms is over-rated, although I understand why. When I first saw it, early in my kung fu movie days, it was really good I thought. But when I see it now, after seeing all these other movies, I feel like somethin just aint right.

I've always preferred Liu Chia Hui and Liang over the venoms casts. I think the fighting is a lot more techically sound (if that makes sense). Chen Kwan Tai has always been one of my favorites as well.

Elaquent
04-26-2006, 10:42 AM
^^^agree entirely.

anybody seen Chen Kuan Tai's Iron Monkey (1977)? thats one of my alltime favs too...Chen Kuan Tai's best film in my opinion. great cast, fights, and a cool story.

bob99digi
04-26-2006, 01:13 PM
^^^agree entirely.

anybody seen Chen Kuan Tai's Iron Monkey (1977)? thats one of my alltime favs too...Chen Kuan Tai's best film in my opinion. great cast, fights, and a cool story.

yep, I own(ed) it. I had it on vhs years ago, I assume its still on the back of my shelf somewhere. Maybe i'll dust it off and watch it again. I like Chen Kwan Tai, "Executions of Shaolin", "3 Evil Masters", "Shanghai 13", etc. One of my personal fav's of his is "Heroes Two". I'm sure you've seen it. One of the older movies. Not the flashiest movie, not a ton of great fighting, but an epic story of Hung Hsi Kuan and Fang Shi Yu.

Another guy I like a lot is Ti Lung, "Kung Fu Instructor", I liked that movie a lot.

Have you seen any of what I would call "rare" venom films. I call them rare because they are usually not as widespread or as known or talked about as the others. They are usually not dubbed in english, and its hard to find good quality copies.

A few I have are.....

Legend of a Fox
Sword Stained w/ Royal Blood
House of Traps

None of them are in good quality, I struggled very hard to read what I could to grasp what I could of the story. House of traps wasn't that bad in terms of clarity.

Elaquent
04-26-2006, 01:50 PM
well, i dont watch swordplay flix, so i havent seen any of the ones u listed. ive seen a couple 'unofficial' venoms films, and lots of them suck...Fight Amongst the Supers is probably the strangest film ive ever seen aside from Yuen Woo Pings 'drunkard' films (miracle fighters, shaolin drunkard, taoism drunkard).

from what ive heard, the venoms today are pretty scattered...Kuo Chui works as a fight choreographer...lo meng does bit parts from time to time i think....chiang sheng died...no idea what wei pei is doing...i even heard sun chien actually works at a mcdonalds in HK or taiwan!!! no lie!! not sure about lu feng either.

as for chen kuan tai, he was good in 3 evil masters..but to me, that was really more of a Yuen Tak film...CKT's character dies too soon in that film. executioners from shaolin is another favourite of mine. as far as heroes two, the dvd has been sitting in my stack for ages..maybe i'll watch it one of these days.

bob99digi
04-26-2006, 02:17 PM
well, i dont watch swordplay flix, so i havent seen any of the ones u listed. ive seen a couple 'unofficial' venoms films, and lots of them suck...Fight Amongst the Supers is probably the strangest film ive ever seen aside from Yuen Woo Pings 'drunkard' films (miracle fighters, shaolin drunkard, taoism drunkard).

from what ive heard, the venoms today are pretty scattered...Kuo Chui works as a fight choreographer...lo meng does bit parts from time to time i think....chiang sheng died...no idea what wei pei is doing...i even heard sun chien actually works at a mcdonalds in HK or taiwan!!! no lie!! not sure about lu feng either.

as for chen kuan tai, he was good in 3 evil masters..but to me, that was really more of a Yuen Tak film...CKT's character dies too soon in that film. executioners from shaolin is another favourite of mine. as far as heroes two, the dvd has been sitting in my stack for ages..maybe i'll watch it one of these days.

Awww man, you don't watch swordplay flicks? Why not?

House of Traps - been awhile, but from what I recall, not a swordplay movie.

Another one I like is "Life Gamble". Don't know if you've seen or heard of that.

And you haven't seen "Kung Fu Instructor" (Ti Lung)?

Venoms - yep, Kuo Chi I think had the best career post-venoms. He even did some work on "James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies" I think. I thought he was even in it for a second, but its been too long to recall. Chiang Sheng had a pretty sad end. I read in an Kuo Chi interview that he got depressed and starting drinking a lot, and just died of a heart attack.

3 Evil - I agree, I just liked the role Chen Kwan Tai played in that one.

Elaquent
04-26-2006, 03:01 PM
swordplay flix in general just dont do it for me...they just put me to sleep for the most part. i think crouching tiger hidden dragon was the only wuxia flick ive seen which i liked...and even that film tried my patience at times. i dunno, the whole supernatural element doesnt do it for me...like, i saw bastard swordsman for the first tim the other day...its a good flick and all, just aint my style..couldnt get into it. thats just me tho. thats not to say i dont like swordplay in general, but wuxia films kinda bore me.

isnt house of traps a horror kf flick? ive heard of lifes gamble, but aint seen that yet..same with kung fu instructor..but thats on my to buy list.

yeah, chiang sheng started drinking alot...i read somewhere y he did, but i cant remember at the moment..i think it might have been after getting a divorce.

PANDA PISS
04-26-2006, 03:56 PM
^^^agree entirely.

brilliant film
that guy in the main role, i forget his name even tho i just read it on this page, is mad charismatic and can fight his ass off

literally just watched 'invincible armor'
very good film, i almost didnt recognize philip ko with his pai mei lookin attire
the character chow lu aka john liu was great.
at least he didnt just rely on his kicks like he did in 'dragon on fire'

mad funny at the end, when the brother and sister say 'we will avenge our grandfather', and the guy just falls down the stairs and dies!

PANDA PISS
04-26-2006, 03:58 PM
and it seems like all the kung fu flicks i seen have enough swordplay to satisfy me

100pr00f
04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
is ur sig from a better tomorrow
haha

PANDA PISS
04-26-2006, 06:35 PM
is ur sig from a better tomorrow
haha
no
the killer
i got the original dubbed version:hooray: :hooray:

100pr00f
04-26-2006, 08:22 PM
update: a better tomorrow 2

damn good flick i say a lil better then the first action is crazy ..500 peeps die at the end of it

..some sad moments real good story def should pick up both of these flicks

i give 4.5 the first a 4.5 i change my mind and this one a 5

num2son
04-27-2006, 08:28 AM
no
the killer
i got the original dubbed version:hooray: :hooray:

I heard that was the most violent movie relating to guns.

Elaquent
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
if u thought The Killer was intense gun-wise, u HAVE to check out Hardboiled. Both The Killer and Hardboiled are IMO john woo's 2 best films..but its kind of a tradeoff for me. one one hand, the killer features awesome gunfights (especially the one at the end) and a great plot...whereas, hardboiled features UNBELIEVABLE gunfights, and a slightly inferior plot..but still a great plot nonetheless. personally, i liked hardboiled more, but u cant go wrong with either...i would give the most violent gun related movie to hardboiled b4 the killer.

bob99digi
04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
if u thought The Killer was intense gun-wise, u HAVE to check out Hardboiled. Both The Killer and Hardboiled are IMO john woo's 2 best films..but its kind of a tradeoff for me. one one hand, the killer features awesome gunfights (especially the one at the end) and a great plot...whereas, hardboiled features UNBELIEVABLE gunfights, and a slightly inferior plot..but still a great plot nonetheless. personally, i liked hardboiled more, but u cant go wrong with either...i would give the most violent gun related movie to hardboiled b4 the killer.

damn, again, I agree. I'd say Hardboiled is my favorite just because Kuo Chui aka the Lizard is in it. And he is one bad-ass villain, but still hasn't abandoned his SB values, lol.

100Proof - I've been meaning to get the Better Tomorrow series for a while now. Those are gonna be the next movies I buy. I started with hardboiled, the killer, and city on fire.

Bullet in the Head - Anyone seen this movie? Its a John Woo flick minus Chow Yun Fat. I've heard it was really good. I don't see many people talking about it nor have I ever seen it anywhere to purchase, other than online.

100pr00f
04-27-2006, 10:27 AM
yea i was looking into that flick but cant find it rare flick i found one but its for 40$

its a war movie nothing but gun battles
its one my to get flick list haha

same with the killer ima get that next along with a better tomorrow 3

Elaquent
04-27-2006, 03:57 PM
i heard 3 is inferior to the first 2...i think tsui hark directed it instead of woo.

PANDA PISS
04-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I heard that was the most violent movie relating to guns.
yeah it is quite violent
but its more about the action, plus its a great story
after seeing the killer
im interested to see more woo flicks
these are the ones im gonna cop:
hard boiled
a better tomorrow
last hurrah for chivalry

im not interested in his non hk films cos i seen face off and mission impossible and i didnt like em one bit

bob99digi
04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
last hurrah for chivalry

in case you aren't aware, this isn't a gun flick. Not that you shouldn't get it anyway. It has one of the venoms (Pai Wei) in it.

PANDA PISS
04-27-2006, 05:11 PM
yes im aware, this is the kung fu thread
is it good whats it about

100pr00f
04-27-2006, 06:28 PM
one of the best venom flicks i heard about was legend of the fox
i wanna cop this soon

Elaquent
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
ive heard nothin but good thins about last hurrah of chivalry....too bad sworplay doesnt appeal to me :)

100pr00f
04-27-2006, 08:04 PM
update: death ring( lu feng) chang cheh film

not a venom flick but it does got lu feng in it my fav venom
but the story sucks.....
it starts out good then time go'es on and now thier are cars on the streets and they are wearing jeans..peeps get old and the sones of each guy fights each other witch is lu feng and some other guy

turns into a thai boxing fight were tje one guy beat lu feng witch sucks

ill give this a 2

damn

Elaquent
04-27-2006, 08:18 PM
my fav venom was always the Snake...(wei pei)...too bad he only made like 3 or 4 films with the venoms..

100pr00f
04-27-2006, 08:19 PM
the need i still need to buy list

jet li...dragon fight............only one left to get from him

jackie chan...
twinkle twinkle lucky stars
shaolin wooden men
dragons forever

chow yun/john woo....
a better tomorrow 3
the killer
a bullit in the head

sammo hung
enter the fat dragon
crazy frog ....
pedicabdriver

venoms/ some venoms
legend of the fox
brave archer 2-4
ode to gallatry
clan fueds
attack of the joyfull goddes

gordon liu
liqued sword

other
7 man army
the bells of death
blade of fury
secret of shaolin poles
the loot
ninja in the dragons den
humen lanterns
my young auntie
come drink with me...jackie chan when he was kid..haha
daggers 8
ninja checkmate(mystory of chest boxing)
secret rivels 3
shaolin martial arts
stroke of death
14 amazonz
a touch of zen
meathod man
gods of wu tang
legend of a fighter
heroic ones
have sword will travel
avenging eagle
the duel
3 eval masters
blooded treasurt fight

samuria...
zatoich 7 pack 100$ at store
lone wolf and cub set
samurai ...the trilogy set

thier are others but not on this written list i have

any thing u wouldnt recomend on this list

Elaquent
04-27-2006, 09:03 PM
jet li...dragon fight - good flick, pretty hard to find, but this was back in the day when jet did all his own stunts.

jackie chan...
twinkle twinkle lucky stars - good fights, but personally, i hate all lucky star films...comedy is too annoying.
shaolin wooden men - jackie's best pre-snake in the eagles shadow film
dragons forever - one of jackie's finest..sammo and yuen biao are tops

chow yun/john woo....
a better tomorrow 3 - havent seen
the killer - ILL
a bullit in the head - havent seen

sammo hung
enter the fat dragon - very good! best bruceploitation film ive seen
crazy frog .... great fights, HORRIBLE comedy..choice is yours.
pedicabdriver - one of sammo's best. great story, awesome fights. sammo has a legendary fight with Liu Chia Liang.

venoms/ some venoms
legend of the fox - havent seen
brave archer 2-4 - havent seen
ode to gallatry - havent seen
clan fueds - havent seen
attack of the joyfull goddes - havent seen..heard its soso

gordon liu
liqued sword - havnet seen, heard its not that good

other
7 man army - good WW2 flick..great cast.
the bells of death - havent seen, i hear is amazing
blade of fury - havent seen
secret of shaolin poles - great flick! yasuaki kurata and meng fei are tops
the loot - one of my top 5 favs. phillip ko + david chiang's best film. great story and even greater fights.
ninja in the dragons den - Corey Yuen's first directorial film. very original. great story, awesome fights..watch out for a sick fight on STILTS!! henry sanada (shogun's ninja) steals the show. hwang jang lee is in it too.
humen lanterns - havent seen, hear its a great horror kf film.
my young auntie - great fights, but the comedy irritated the hell out of me..and i like kf comedy! hsiao ho in particular is annoying. story is kinda boring, but the finale is intense.
come drink with me...jackie chan when he was kid..haha - havent seen..legendary wuxia flick. a must for SB collectors i guess
daggers 8 - havent seen
ninja checkmate(mystory of chest boxing) - awesome flick. joseph kuo's 2nd best film. ghostfaced killer is the best villain ever. awesome fights. mark long's best film.
secret rivels 3 - not an official secret rivals film..but still real good...john liu is tops.
shaolin martial arts - is this the chang cheh film? if so its good
stroke of death - great flick..awesome monkey fighting. ching siu tung stars in this BEFORE he discovered wires..LOL
14 amazonz - havent seen..hear its alright
a touch of zen - havent seen
meathod man - havent seen, hear its surprisingly good
gods of wu tang - not very good IMO..
legend of a fighter - Yuen Woo Ping's best oldskool film. awesome story and characters..real powerful..great contrast to Fearless (jet li). leung kar yan is tops..of my alltime favs
heroic ones - havent seen
have sword will travel - havent seen
avenging eagle - havent seen..i hear its great
the duel - awesome chang cheh iron triangle film. ti lung is tops and his acting is tops..same with david chiang. violent as hell too. make sure u get the celestial uncut/widescreen version.
3 eval masters - awesome film..yuen tak is tops...my man wang lung wei is great as the villain, and my boy chen kuan tai's character is awesome.
blooded treasurt fight - pretty good tan tao liang flick

samuria...
zatoich 7 pack 100$ at store - cant hate on the blind man..
lone wolf and cub set - best 70s samurai films
samurai ...the trilogy set - good films..all story driven..theyre old too.

those r my reviews for ya...

100pr00f
04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
wow thanks alot..u know ur shit
/.....every thing u had a comment on is what i heard to...some of the ones u said are ok or not ggod i know some ant good but ima getem cuz of the cast......but this list will take me some time to get

u sould post ur list..u gotta have more flicks then me\

haha\

peace

Elaquent
04-27-2006, 09:34 PM
i doubt it actually...ive SEEN lots of films, but over the last half year, ive been doing a lot of trading..i only keep the films i really love..so i'd say if i kept everything i received (before trading it for something else), ive had about 400 or 500 films...but my collection as of now is roughly 200...i'll post my list sometime. also, 98% of my collection consists of kung fu films..i dont own very many non kung fu films...so from that alone, im pretty sure ur movie collection in general is bigger than mine...and also, ur SB collection is far bigger than mine..most of my films are independent films

PANDA PISS
04-28-2006, 03:21 AM
i doubt it actually...ive SEEN lots of films, but over the last half year, ive been doing a lot of trading..i only keep the films i really love..so i'd say if i kept everything i received (before trading it for something else), ive had about 400 or 500 films...but my collection as of now is roughly 200...i'll post my list sometime. also, 98% of my collection consists of kung fu films..i dont own very many non kung fu films...so from that alone, im pretty sure ur movie collection in general is bigger than mine...and also, ur SB collection is far bigger than mine..most of my films are independent films
98%?
you own 4 non kung fu films?
what are they?

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 07:03 AM
damn..lol

yea i got like 210 kung fu flicks..
and about 380 other flicks lol
tomany flicks...and i cant watch them all twice...

ill be looking for something to watch 600 flicks and i still aint got nothing to watch cuz i allready seen it lol
i need new stuff every time i watch a flick

Elaquent
04-28-2006, 07:14 AM
wu masta - lol 98% was maybe an exagerration, but i own probably like 15 non kf films: pulp fiction, better luck tomorrow, 8 mile, among a few..

weird too...ive got like 200 movies...but it takes me a LONG ASS time to decide what to watch...and ive actually most of my movies multiple times, beginning to end...guess i got too much spare time lol.

bob99digi
04-28-2006, 09:52 AM
but it takes me a LONG ASS time to decide what to watch...

lol, glad i'm not the only one that does that. I stare at the shelf sometimes way too long trying to decide on which new movie to watch next or which old movie to watch again.

Legend of a Fox - I have that on VHS. Its bad quality, but not sure you'll find much better. It was hard to make out what was going on at times, especially in night scenes. The subtitles were also blurry and hard to read so I struggled to make out what I could. From what I remember (its been awhile) this was a good movie. The storyline was good. Your usual child raised by a man who wasn't his father. The guy who raised him tells him how his father was a famous swordsman that was killed so he wants revenge. Good fighting, mainly a swordplay flick.

Ode to Gallantry - Same as Legend of Fox, quality is not good. I didn't like this one that much. I mean, the story from what I remember was kinda confusing. I remember Kuo Chui was playing two characters. Also there wasn't a lot of fighting.

I'll try to rewatch these over the next couple weeks.

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 09:57 AM
i can get the flicks in good quality

ill up the site later if u want after i find it

bob99digi
04-28-2006, 11:59 AM
i can get the flicks in good quality

ill up the site later if u want after i find it

Yeah let me know, because i've looked on a few sites and the dvd's i've found still have a warning about the quality. I bought a few movies that I would like re-purchase for better quality, not to mention to replace the vhs with dvd.

Ode to Gallantry
Legend of a Fox
Spiritual Boxer
Young Vagabond
Life Gamble
House of Traps

Where do you get the majority of your movies from, online sources or offline sources?

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 12:02 PM
try this place.....

http://www.pokerindustries.com/

http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?style=movie&cart=334668408

http://www.suncoast.com/Movies/NewReleases.aspx

even wal-mart sells some kung fu flicks online

bob99digi
04-28-2006, 12:12 PM
try this place.....

http://www.pokerindustries.com/

http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?style=movie&cart=334668408

http://www.suncoast.com/Movies/NewReleases.aspx

even wal-mart sells some kung fu flicks online

lol, tru, i was just curious as to where you cop yours from. Is one of these sites where you found a good quality copy of legend of a fox?

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
...i didnt buy it yet...but check the poker place

thats the one thats one my list to buy...thats were im geting it from

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker.store?page=item&sku=LEGTHEFOX-DVD

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 12:15 PM
never mind..it has a note on it saying some thig about the quilty but also said if they find a better version of it they will sell that copy

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 12:17 PM
http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker.store?page=item&sku=LEGFOXIVL-DVD

if u have reagoin free check this copy..its sold out at the moment

bob99digi
04-28-2006, 12:32 PM
never mind..it has a note on it saying some thig about the quilty but also said if they find a better version of it they will sell that copy

I was just about to say that, and yeah I saw the other one, the one that is region 3 only. I'm still not sure its gonna be any different, although there is no note saying anything about bad quality. All the research i've done (although haven't checked in the past year or 2) has concluded that there is not a good quality version in circulation. I hope that is wrong.

bob99digi
04-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Aight, I did a little research. Apparently it has been remastered last year, so the region 3 dvd release should be the remastered one with better quality. Heres another link for it.... couple dollars cheaper.

http://sensasian.com/view/product.cgi/EN/V11149-D/legend_of_the_fox/

PANDA PISS
04-28-2006, 01:25 PM
can anyone upload a file converter?
i have a ton of kung fu flicks on my computer, but because of the file type
i can only watch them on my pc
i want to put them on dvd (coz i imagine they are the same quality if i bought them)
if any1 has one pleez holla back

i plan to watch 2 kung fu joints tonite
ill tell you which ones later

100pr00f
04-28-2006, 01:26 PM
yea i found that too..also i think one of the venom sites they make thier own dvds all remasterd ..region..wth extras

ill see if i can find that..its like 2o to 25 $ for it tho

PANDA PISS
04-28-2006, 07:26 PM
just saw '8 diagram pole fighter'
absolutely fuckin brilliant
also was surprised by my dvds quality
almost perfect
makes me wonder why all shaw brothers joints arent released like that

Elaquent
04-28-2006, 08:51 PM
8 diagram is good, but i never thought it was THAT good...Lau Kar Leung has outdone himself tons of times better IMO...but i realize im the minority with that opinion.

i think im gonna cue up one of my fav Lau Kar Leung flix tonite - Martial Club or Dirty Ho (both films feature some of the best finales ive ever seen in an SB film)

Taysan
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Iron Monkey is an amazing movie! 5/5 no doubts
Executioners from Shaolin 4,5/5
Shaolin Drunken Monk 3/5

PANDA PISS
04-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Iron Monkey is an amazing movie! 5/5 no doubts
Executioners from Shaolin 4,5/5
Shaolin Drunken Monk 3/5

id give them all 5/5
definetly classics

midGet
04-30-2006, 02:01 PM
i dont think executioners from shaolin is that good movie.....it could be more breath-taking. They talk more than fight....and the plot isnt the best one....my opinion 3/5 (Pai Mei rulez, lol)

Taysan
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Iron Monkey Strikes Back
hmm, was there Iron Monkey or not? Maybe only in one scene on the roof. I don't know why flick's name is Iron Monkey Strikes Back
At all not bad not bad
4/5

Elaquent
04-30-2006, 08:41 PM
actually..the original title of Iron Monkey Strikes back aka Iron Monkey 2 is Duel at Tiger Valley. it was retitled Iron Monkey 2 to capitalize on the success of Chen Kuan Tai's Iron Monkey, but, as anyone who's seen the film knows, there is absolutely no link between the 2 movies aside from chen kuan tai...his character doesnt even know monkey fist in the movie.

i thought executioners from shaolin was great...mind you, i look for more in kf flix than just fights..this film had a good engaging story with it, and i was entertained throughout. shaolin drunken monk didnt do it for me tho.

Taysan
05-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Props for explanation
Now i'm going to watch The Prodigal Son

PANDA PISS
05-01-2006, 04:53 AM
im wondering if someone can recomend their favorite all time top 5 kung fu movies
cos im just about to cop a few (3 evil masters, shaolin temple strikes back) and i want sumthin i havent heard of to go with em

Elaquent
05-01-2006, 11:18 AM
my 5 as of now (subject to change)

in no order:

The Loot
The Victim
Heroes of the East
Buddhist Fist
Drunken Master

but it really depends on what im in the mood for..i dont really have a fixed 5.

Fucking Haters.
05-01-2006, 11:26 AM
http://wm9.bur.synccast.com/cinemanow/shaolin_boy_300k.asf?trid=18640787
Go watch that then you have something to do.

PANDA PISS
05-01-2006, 04:54 PM
my 5 as of now (subject to change)

in no order:

The Loot
The Victim
Heroes of the East
Buddhist Fist
Drunken Master

but it really depends on what im in the mood for..i dont really have a fixed 5.
word thats a cool list tho, ive already read about them (except for 'heroes of the east' and heard they are good

if any1s here can u tell me what 'kid with the golden arms' is about?
im watchin it for the second time and tryin to figure it out
as we speak im 12 minutes in

im not clickin on that link cos u piss me off 'goddess' or whoever the fuck you are

PANDA PISS
05-01-2006, 06:40 PM
yo
finished watching 'kid with the golden arms'
its pretty self explanatory
i musta just been too fucked to concentrate on the storyline
great film, i might cop the full length joint

but i dont understand how elaquent and 100proof etc thinks its better than '5 deadly venoms'
cant see it all
i mean that shit was incredible with the story, fights were amazing, and it influenced so many other films (not even kung fu films)
i liked '.........golden arms' a lot but thats just MO

Elaquent
05-01-2006, 08:04 PM
5 venoms is a good flick, but its not without its problems. firstly, when comparing the fightscenes, theres no comparison, kid with golden arms blows 5V out of the water IMO. 5V has good fights, but they lack the intensity and complexity that later venoms films have. and while the story is real good and innovative, the pacing isnt very hot...it goes very long without action at times. i luv story driven films more than anyone, but i was getting a little bored at some points. i think kid with the golden arms had a tight story (like all venoms flix), and some great fights....phillip kwok's fight with wang lung wei was my fav i think...and lo meng's character was really cool..same with wei pei and kuo chui's. its really just what u look for in the film i guess.

btw, cop Heroes of the East, IMO, thats Liu Chia Liang's best flick. stars Gordon Liu and Yasuaki Kurata.

PANDA PISS
05-02-2006, 04:45 AM
5 venoms is a good flick, but its not without its problems. firstly, when comparing the fightscenes, theres no comparison, kid with golden arms blows 5V out of the water IMO. 5V has good fights, but they lack the intensity and complexity that later venoms films have. and while the story is real good and innovative, the pacing isnt very hot...it goes very long without action at times. i luv story driven films more than anyone, but i was getting a little bored at some points. i think kid with the golden arms had a tight story (like all venoms flix), and some great fights....phillip kwok's fight with wang lung wei was my fav i think...and lo meng's character was really cool..same with wei pei and kuo chui's. its really just what u look for in the film i guess.

btw, cop Heroes of the East, IMO, thats Liu Chia Liang's best flick. stars Gordon Liu and Yasuaki Kurata.

philip kwok was incredible in that shit. very funny, great fights

heroes of the east ill have to pick up if its gordon lius best flick

100pr00f
05-02-2006, 08:33 AM
philip kwok was incredible in that shit. very funny, great fights

heroes of the east ill have to pick up if its gordon lius best flick

thats y i liked it so much.......he is my fav venom....just his fights in this are nice...story line is pretty good...

Taysan
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Master Killer
At the momen it is the best kung-fu movie i have ever seen

PANDA PISS
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
master killer (aka 36th chamber of shaolin) is definetly one of kung fus defining movies
see the sequel 'return to the 36th chamber'
i heard it described as a sequel and a parody
i think its just a different film with a similar cast
altho lius character claims to have learnt from san te (aka master killers name in the first movie)
for real i wanna cop all liu chia huis joints tho

haha
'born invincible' is hilarious.
shame the best fighters die at the start
but the end fight was great

Elaquent
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
born invincible is a dope film....carter wong plays probably my fav silver fox character..i just love that laugh and that ridiculously high pitch voice...but i agree..its ridiculous that the best guys died first...jack long, yuen shun yi, corey yuen, lung fei and alan hsu. the best fight in the movie is ironically the first one..the 2 on 1 fight (corey yuen and yuen shun yi vs alan hsu). yuen woo ping's choreography is tops in this film. too bad this film has absolutely ZERO plot..the only thing keeping it from being my fav jo kuo film.

return to 36th is a loose sequel...word is Liu Chia Liang wanted to do a sequel which was serious like the original...but because of new trends (jackie chan popularized comedy in kung fu flix) he was pressured by runrun and mona fong to make it more of a comedy. Shaolin and Wu Tang felt more like a 36th chamber sequel than return to 36th did. controversy aside, i really liked return to 36th...a couple more fights wouldve made it a classic. i didnt like disciples of 36th tho.

as far as Gordon Liu flix...pretty much all of his SB films with lau kar leung are gold...on the independent side...hes not as hot...lau kar leung's brother directed gordon liu is Fist and Guts and Carry on Wiseguy..

Fist and Guts = bad story/comedy, tedious, boring movie with a great endfight and an UNBELIEVABLE middle fight in the dark. get it if ur a diehard gordon liu fan...this film will try ur patience, be warned. only like 3 fights in the whole film. lo lieh stars in it too. 2.5

Carry on Wiseguy = better overall movie than the last, but not a great movie overall...awesome fights..sick 2 on 1 fights...but tedious story. 3.5

PANDA PISS
05-02-2006, 06:14 PM
'born Invincible's Story Was Very Silly
Old Man Gets Saved From 2 Guards Who Attack Him (we Never Find Out Why) By 2 Kung Fu Pupils
He And His Daughter Are Let Into Their School Where The Bad Guys Inevitably Visit And Kill The Old Man, The Master, And A Few Of The Students Until Finally High Pitch Tai Chi Nigguh Or Whateva His Name Is Gets Murdered.
Thats About It
It Was Fuckin Entertaining Tho
Ima Cop All Joseph Kuos Flicks Xept 36 Deadly Styles, Which I Read Bad Things About.
Elaquent If You Seen All His Joints Can You List Them And Rate Them, Or Rate What Youve Seen?
And IMA COP All Gordon Lius, But Maybe Not The 2 You Mention

Elaquent
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
born invincible is full of so many plot holes..moreso than the avg kf film...good mention on who the old man was and what he did...we als never learn who that old woman was who saves Nancy Yen's character towards the end.

cop carry on wiseguy aka warrior from shaolin, but only if u see it for cheap. other than fist and guts, i cant think of any other gordon liu flix which were any less than a 3.5 or 4.

as for Jo Kuo:

Mystery of Chessboxing - 5
7 Grandmasters - 5.5
Born Invincible - 4.5
18 Bronzemen - 4
36 Deadly Strikes - (havent seen it in ages but from what i remember..) 3
Unbeaten 28 - 3.5
Smart Cavalier - 2 (again, havent seen in ages)

havent seen the other ones, or dont remember them enuff to rate them. hope that helps. but without a doubt, the first 3 are must haves.

100pr00f
05-02-2006, 06:50 PM
if ur looking for some gordon flicks...that hasnt been said here in a couple of post are

shaolin & wu tang
treasure hunters
Fist of the white lotus
Shaolin challenges ninja

others to look for

south shaolin master
5 fighters from shaolin

and pretty much all of these flicks

1. the prodigal son............................................... .... .......5.5
2.knockabout...................................... .. ..................4.5
3. magnificent butcher........................................... ...5
4. warriors two............................................... .................5.5
5. iron fisted monk.............................................. ......5
6.spooky encounters........................................ ........4
7. odd couple............................................ .................4.5
8. the victim............................................ ...........................................5.5

Elaquent
05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
shaolin challenges ninja = heroes of the east
havent seen treasure hunters yet..ive heard good things about it. clan of the white lotus is one of my fav gordon joints.

"south shaolin master
5 fighters from shaolin"

south shaolin master is great...definetely my #1 favourite mainland china kung fu flick...great locations and the fights are choreographed by yuen woo ping's brother yuen chun wei. personally, i think 5 fighters from shaolin is a crap film....fights are sped up way too fast, and the training is too long/dull...i dunno, this film just didnt sit well with me at all. jack long was pretty badass in it tho.

"1. the prodigal son............................................... .... .......5.5
2.knockabout...................................... .. ..................4.5
3. magnificent butcher........................................... ...5
4. warriors two............................................... .................5.5
5. iron fisted monk.............................................. ......5
6.spooky encounters........................................ ........4
7. odd couple............................................ .................4.5
8. the victim............................................ ...........................................5.5"

i agree with all of those...theyre must haves...but my ratings go like this:

1. the prodigal son............................................... .... .......5.5
2.knockabout...................................... .. ..................5 (crazy finale)
3. magnificent butcher........................................... ...5.5
4. warriors two............................................... .................5
5. iron fisted monk.............................................. ......4
6.spooky encounters........................................ ........4.5
7. odd couple............................................ .................4
8. the victim............................................ ...........................................5.5

PANDA PISS
05-03-2006, 02:05 AM
o rite, ive seen 'heroes of the east' then if its alias is 'shaolin challenges ninja'
about some japanese fighters challenging liu

100pr00f
05-03-2006, 07:07 AM
yes same thing thats right haha

bob99digi
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Those aliases are a pain sometimes. I've been tryin to figure out what heroes of the east was until yesterday.

Treasure Hunters - Is that also "Master of Disaster", at least thats the name on my box.

Dirty Ho - one of my fav Gordon Liu movies.

Ya_Bane
05-03-2006, 10:17 AM
...and ive actually most of my movies multiple times, beginning to end...guess i got too much spare time lol.

You have to see a movie atleast twice. If I watched a movie just one time, I really can't give it a rating. Especially when you see alot of movies, I mix them up and hardly remember what was in wich movie lol.

Ya_Bane
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
8 diagram is good, but i never thought it was THAT good...Lau Kar Leung has outdone himself tons of times better IMO...but i realize im the minority with that opinion.

Nah man I agree

bob99digi
05-03-2006, 11:20 AM
8 diagram - I haven't seen this one in a while, but its always been one of my favorites.

Perhaps it would have came out better if Fu Sheng didn't die during the filiming of that movie. I wonder how different it would have been with Fu Sheng having a significant role at the end of the movie. I'm sure the plan was for him to regain his sanity and help find his brother and get revenge on the traitor. Would have been interesting...

Elaquent
05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
definetely. as it stands, i didnt find anything in 8 diagram that i thought he did better than in many of his other films..aside from the violence, which is rare for a lau film. it is sad about fu sheng..im sure it woulda been better if he lived. solid film overall, but its no Dirty Ho or Martial Club or Heroes of the East in my books.

has anybody seen Buddhist Fist? i rewatched it again the other day, and its definetely one of Yuen Woo Ping's best.

bob99digi
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I saw that movie before, I can't even remember if I own it or not. I think I had the VHS. I actually want to get Buddha Assasinator.

Elaquent
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Buddha Assassinator is underrated as hell...its the same crew who worked on hell's windstaff...Meng Hoi stars in this along with hwang jang lee and chin yuet sang...choreography by my mans Corey Yuen and chin yuet sang...the endfight is unbelievable! great fights in this one...good story...probably the last classic kung fu film ive seen that completely caught me off guard. - 4.5

bob99digi
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Buddha Assassinator is underrated as hell...its the same crew who worked on hell's windstaff...Meng Hoi stars in this along with hwang jang lee and chin yuet sang...choreography by my mans Corey Yuen and chin yuet sang...the endfight is unbelievable! great fights in this one...good story...probably the last classic kung fu film ive seen that completely caught me off guard. - 4.5

Dammit, yeah, I want to pick this movie up. Haven't bought a movie in about 2 months now. Hell's windstaff I liked, i have/had it on vhs, I think its subtitled though. Is there a english dubbed version?

O, and heres a link to that Kuo Chui interview where he talks about chiang sheng.

http://www.blackbelttheater.com/kuo-int.html

I found that link on this Chiang Sheng memorial page....

http://www.alliancemartialarts.com/ChiangSheng/ChiangSheng.html

And heres a Lo Meng interview that is also linked in that memorial page...

http://changcheh.0catch.com/meng-int.htm

Old stuff, but still good reads if you never read those interviews. I didn't realize they venoms choreographed (or worked on) that Dru Hill video where they were doin kung fu or somethin. I don't actually remember seeing the video, i'm not into R&B like that, but interesting to know.

PANDA PISS
05-03-2006, 05:15 PM
7 grandmasters is the shit

shaolin challenges ninja is maybe the weakest gordon liu joint ive seen yet

there IS a dubbed version of 'hells windstaff', but i dont know where youd find it

ima cop 'buddha assassinator'
whats 'dirty ho'?
i might have already seen it but these film titles are confusin me

Elaquent
05-03-2006, 08:22 PM
what??? shaolin challenges ninja the weakest gordon liu film???? not a chance...haha to each his own...i still strongly believe its his best film..glad u liked 7 grandmasters..teh weapons fight is the best.

yeah there is a dubbed version of hells windstaff...its actually been harder for me to find a subbed version ironically...

dirty ho...directed by Liu Chia Liang starring gordon liu, lo lieh, wang lung wei and wong yue. probably lau kar leung's most 'creative' film...theres 3 or 4 of those "fights in disguise" if u know what i mean. the finale features one of the best tag team kung fu fighting ive ever seen. i dont kno of any alternate titles.

hey bob99digi, thanx for those links, i hadnt seen the lo meng one b4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

my film list..

My list of films..mind you, these are the films I have on me, ive got lots of films (not listed here) either coming in the mail, on my comp, or I lent them out to friends. Lots of other films ive seen at one point that I don’t own, or that i traded away...which is y very few of my films i would consider "bad" either.

Spooky encounters… 4.5
Royal warriors…4
Once upon a time in china…4.5
Once upon a time in china 2…4.5
36th chamber of shaolin…5.5
ninja in the dragons den…5
danny the dog aka unleashed…5
fist of the double k…4
kung fu stars…1.5
master of the flying guillotine…4.5
hells windstaff…4
transporter…4
transporter 2…3
magnificent butcher…5
black mask…4
drunken tai chi…4.5
dynamo…3
tai chi master…4
new legend of shaolin…4
master of tai chi…5
drunken master…5.5
Buddhist fist…5.5
In the line of duty 4…4
Secret rivals…3.5
Secret rivals 2…4
Heroes among heroes…3.5
My young auntie…3
My father is a hero…5
Return of the Chinese boxer…4
Holy robe of shaolin…3.5
Monkey kung fu aka stroke of death…4
The duel…4
Kill bill 1 and 2…4
7 grandmasters…5.5
hitman…4
last hero in china…3.5
snake crane secret…3.5
shaolin and wutang..4
duel at tiger vally…3.5
kungfu the headcrusher…3.5
iron fisted monk…4
return to the 36th chamber…4
knockabout…5
shaolin vs ninja…3.5
iron monkey (77)…4.5
iron monkey…5.5
young master…4.5
fantasy mission force…1.5
36 crazy fists…3
godfathers daughter mafia blues…4
avenging quartet..2.5
3 evil masters..4
5 fingers of death…5.5
ong bak...4
tom yum goong...4
when tae kwan do strikes…4
broken oath…4
warriors two…5
shaolin king boxer…4
sleeping fist…3.5
thundering mantis…3.5
kiss of the dragon…4
fist and guts…2.5
5 venoms…4
bodyguard from Beijing…4
mystery of chessboxing…5
prodigal son…5.5
hero…4
shaolin vs lama…4
warrior from shaolin…3.5
the heroes aka wu tang clan…4.5
drive…4.5
gerd ma lui…4.5
gerd ma lui 3…4.5
snake in the eagles shadow…5
police story…5.5
police story 2…5
police story 3 aka supercop…3.5
new police story…4
incredible kung fu master…4
fearless…5
dreadnaught…4.5
fearless dragons…4
drunken master 2…5.5
dirty ho…5
kid with the golden arms..5
wing chun…4.5
red wolf…4
snuff bottle connection..4
in the line of duty 3…3
enter the eagles…3.5
death games…4.5
license to steal…5.5
green hornet…3.5
punch to revenge…3
invincible armour…4.5
fong sai yuk…4.5
boxer from shantung…5
crouching tiger hidden dragon…4.5
matrix…5
matrix reloaded…4
matrix revolutions…3.5
odd couple…4
pedicab driver…5
tiger cage 2…5.5
righting wrongs…5.5
SPL aka Sha Po Lang…4.5
Martial club…4.5
Yes, madam!…4
The loot…5.5
Heroes of the wild…4
Descendant of wing chun..4
Martial arts of shaolin…4
Dance of the drunk mantis…5
Mad monkey kung fu…4
Clan of the white lotus…4.5
The victim….6 (cant stress how good this film is)
Heroes of the east…5
World of drunken master…3.5
Executioners from shaolin…4.5
Rebellious reign…5
Crippled avengers…4
Dragons forever…5.5
My lucky stars…3.5
New fist of fury…3
Big boss…4.5
Fist of fury…5.5
Way of the dragon…4.5
Enter the dragon….3
Game of death…3.5 (yes, that’s right, I think its better than enter the dragon…enter the dragon in my opinion is the worlds most overrated movie…not a bad film, but theres TONS of better films…plus, game of death had way better fighting)
Fist of legend…5.5
Cantonen iron kung fu…3.5
Street fighter…4
Return of the street fighter..4.5
Street fighter’s last revenge…3.5
Sister street fighter…3
Shogun’s ninja….3
Lone wolf and cub…5.5
Lady snowblood…5.5
Mortal kombat…4
Mortal kombat annihilation…2.5
Shaolin chastity kung fu…1.5
Incredible kung fu mission…4.5
Buddha assassinator…4.5
Born invincible…4
Legend of a fighter…5.5
Shaolin drunkard…4*
Miracle fighters…4*
The one…3
Kung fu punch of death…4
Blind fist of bruce…3
Shaolin mantis…4
8 diagram pole fighter…4
twins effect…3
house of fury…3.5
long step mantis…3.5
dragon force operation…3
she shoots straight…4
women on the run…3.5
bloody fight…2.5
my kung fu 12 kicks…3

all the films I have on my shelf…I know that im missing at least 20 or 30…

there u go.

PANDA PISS
05-04-2006, 04:54 AM
nice list
i only got about 50 films so far
and 7 grandmasters is sumthing of a revelation, every kuo flick i see is dope
but im gonna have to cop some yuen woo ping shits soon

Ya_Bane
05-04-2006, 06:04 AM
I love Dirty Ho. The number of KF-flix with a stain of comedy that is actually FUNNY can be counted on one hand. And Dirty Ho is my first finger. Return of 36th actually got it's funny moments too if I remember it correctly.

Some comments

Shaolin Challenges Ninja - Great storyline, and great fights, and Liu Chia Hui, of course.. But I can't give it a 5. I think it's because that damn wife of Gordon. OMG I just want to rip her head of sometimes...

7 grandmasters is great, but the fact that the kid (Lee I-min) becomes stronger than his master (who is the second greatest fighter in the world) just like that... Nah man, I always hate that.

Iron Monkey - Did you mix them up, or do you really think the new one is better than the -77 version? The one with Chen Kuan Tai is a straight 5 (or 5.5) for me. I love it.

Enter the dragon - Hugely overrated, just as just about all Bruce Lee movies..

bob99digi
05-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Elequent - nice list, hopefully i'll write mine down over the weekend and post it up monday. I know what you mean about movies lost, i've lost many of the films I started with, which were mainly the more popular films. Luckily they were all vhs mainly and would be replaced with dvds anyway. Man, just thinking about some of my lost titles (kung fu instructor, wutang vs shaolin, masked avengers, abbot of shaolin, ...... man, on and on.)

Heres another good link for all buying kung-fu films, this is the master list, the release dates or planned release dates for SB films...

http://www.asiandvdguide.com/shaw_brothers.html

Dirty Ho - one of my favorite films. I like films that are just straight blood baths, I like films that have interesting or creative fight scenes, and this has a few of those.

Elaquent
05-04-2006, 10:19 AM
"nice list
i only got about 50 films so far
and 7 grandmasters is sumthing of a revelation, every kuo flick i see is dope
but im gonna have to cop some yuen woo ping shits soon"

hopefully uve got the media blasters copy of 7 grand..a gorgeous widescreen print with the english dub adn the mandarin. i truly love that film. i love those yuen woo ping films...hes my #1 fav martial arts director...hes showed more consistency over the years than anybody, includign liu chia liang. heres a few YWP classics (IMO)

Snake in the Eagles Shadow
Drunken Master
Buddhist Fist
Dance of the Drunk Mantis
Legend of a Fighter
Secret Rivals 2 (as action director)
Born Invincible (as action director)
Tiger Cage 2
In the Line of Duty 4
Iron Monkey
Once Upon a Time in China 2 (as action director)
Tai Chi Master
Wing Chun
Fist of Legend (as action director)

"I love Dirty Ho. The number of KF-flix with a stain of comedy that is actually FUNNY can be counted on one hand. And Dirty Ho is my first finger. Return of 36th actually got it's funny moments too if I remember it correctly."

personally, im not a big fan of liu chia liang's style of comedy..but dirty ho was really good..on all levels. tight plot, characters, comedy, and fights. best scene: gordon liu's "wine tasting fight" with wang lung wei. nearly creamed my pants the first time i saw it lol.

"Iron Monkey - Did you mix them up, or do you really think the new one is better than the -77 version? The one with Chen Kuan Tai is a straight 5 (or 5.5) for me. I love it."

i didnt mix them up. i dont really look at them as 'better' or 'worse', cuz of 2 reasons...1/ theyre really 2 completely different films (the new one aint a remake), and 2/ one was made 16 years later. i dont like comparing films from 2 different eras. 3/ iron monkey was the first non bruce lee HK movie i ever saw..its always going to stay close to me. i kno some cats hate wires, but i dont mind them, and that movie is easily the best 'wire-fu' movie out there. donnie yen is ace in that film. i love the 77 version too, but theyre really 2 different experiences. i compare oldskool films with other oldskool films, 80s with 80s and 90s films with 90s. regardless..both films kick ass.

thanx bob99digi..thanx for that asiandvdguide..itll be useful to all the SB collectors out there.

after looking at 100proofs list on the first page, i found a bunch of films i forgot to list oh here, maybe i'll go back later and add more to the list.

bob99digi
05-04-2006, 10:53 AM
hes my #1 fav martial arts director...hes showed more consistency over the years than anybody, includign liu chia liang. heres a few YWP classics (IMO)

not my boy liu chia liang!!!!!!! Its all good. Liu chia is my boy, I like his real life kung fu background. I also like his use of pressure points in his movies. He seems to be heavily into using those.

He's got a pretty good resume as well, as i'm sure you know...

spiritual boxer 1&2- have you seen these? I have one I think, its one of those bad quality vhs so I never got around to watching it. Any good?

cat vs rat - I've never came across this one in person? Have you seen, any good?

Lady is the boss - I've seen this at the spots I go to I think, but passed on it. Any good? I've heard some good things about this film before, I know Wang Lung Wei is in it (I think).

Executioners of Shaolin - i like this one a lot
shaolin mantis
Master Killer - no explanation needed for this one
shaolin challenges ninja - again, some great gordon liu fights in this one
dirty ho - some creative fight scenes in this one.
mad monkey kung fu
return to the 36th chamber
Instructors of death - one of the greatest fight scenes of all time IMO, and probably the greatest fight scene in which nobody was killed.
My Young auntie - has some great fights at the end
Legeandary weapons of kung fu - what do you think of this movie?
8 diagram pole - a personal fav of mine, love the pole work, and the whole training on the wooden wolfs.
disciples of the 36th chamber

Elaquent
05-04-2006, 12:24 PM
well, as good as liu chia liang was in the 70s and early 80s...his resume in the 90s wasnt too hot. aside from DM2 which he directed about half of, everything else he did (which ive seen) was average at best. in particular, modern settings dont seem to be his forte.

as far as those flix, i havent seen those 3...but i heard both spiritual boxer films are average at best, i heard cat vs rat is crap, and i heard lady is boss is a bit subpar overall.

Executioners of Shaolin - love this flick..4.5
shaolin mantis - pretty good,.. 4
Master Killer - 5.5
shaolin challenges ninja - my fav liu chia liang joint
dirty ho - 2nd fav liu chia liang joint
mad monkey kung fu - good flick, i think its overrated tho. ...4
return to the 36th chamber...pretty good flick, needs a few more fights...4
Instructors of death aka martial club...my 3rd fav liu chia liang joint...end fight is amazing. my boy wang lung wei is tops in this film. 4.5
My Young auntie - great endfight, didnt like anything else about this movie...3
Legeandary weapons of kung fu - havent seen this one yet actually..my copy is currently in the mail. have heard great thigns about it, espeically the finale with liu chia liang and liu chia yung
8 diagram pole - overrated in my books...still good...4
disciples of the 36th chamber - didnt like it that much...not a bad film tho...3.5

bob99digi
05-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah I agree, his newer stuff hasn't been too great. Its all good, everyone has a slightly different taste in kung fu movies. Some like weapons more, certain weapons, or hand to hand, certain styles, certain choreography styles, movie storylines, etc. So much can vary the opinion of a movie.

Some other movies I liked that I don't hear talked about much, not sure if they're all SB's.

Grandmaster of Death - Fu Shengb - good from what I recall, been a while.
Shaolin Handlock - D. Chiang - had a good story from what I remember, lol, was one of those where you are tryin to figure out just who is the bad guy (I think, been a while)
Heroes Two - Chen Kuan Tai, Fu Sheng - an epic story
Death Chamber - all star cast - I like this one a lot. Lots of training, some treachery, brotherhood, you know, the usual.
Boxer from Shantung - chen kuan tai - didn't finish watchin this one, old style movie.
Disciples of death - Fu Sheng - another good one. Apparently the sequel to Heroes Two, I didn't know that.
Shaolin Martial Arts - Fu Sheng - good shaolin temple story. I think the Wu sampled this on that song "mantis" on bobby digital.
Deadly Duo - Ti Lung, D. Chiang - can't actually remember it, time to watch again.

Just naming some other movies that aren't mentioned as much. I have these, but man, theres a bunch I want to get that i've never seen or came across, but things are much more available now than they were 3-5 years ago.

Elaquent
05-04-2006, 02:22 PM
ooh, watch boxer from shantung..if u can, watch the widescreen celestial print. its like a HK version of scarface. i havent seen very many fu sheng flix..but i liked shaolin martial arts..come to think of it..aside from Lau kar leung and some venoms flix..there really arent that many SB films ive seen..i'll have to go start collecting more. im thinking of giving swordplay films another try...what r some of the best ones?

bob99digi
05-04-2006, 03:16 PM
ooh, watch boxer from shantung..if u can, watch the widescreen celestial print. its like a HK version of scarface. i havent seen very many fu sheng flix..but i liked shaolin martial arts..come to think of it..aside from Lau kar leung and some venoms flix..there really arent that many SB films ive seen..i'll have to go start collecting more. im thinking of giving swordplay films another try...what r some of the best ones?

I don't know what version I have. I started watchin it, got about halfway. Its been a couple months so i'm probably gonna have to restart from the beginning.

Fu Sheng has a good amount of flicks then if you haven't really seen many of his. He was the golden boy of SB, until his unfortunate early death.

Swordplay movies - hmmmm, i'm actually not a big swordplay guy, I prefer hand to hand, and then I prefer the pole, and of course 3-section staff, lol. When you say swordplay movies, can you name some just so I have an idea. When I think of swordplay movies I think more of the new age movies with flying around and wire work, such as crouching tiger. I'm not really into the new movies as much.

I gotta go home tonight and write down the movies i got....I know I just bought some a swordplay flick or 2 not that long ago. I'll try to suggest some you may like.

Looking over your list again, you have a real nice mix. Not like mine, which is mostly old, and mostly SB movies.

PANDA PISS
05-04-2006, 04:16 PM
deviating from current convo on this thread............
has anyone seen 'kung fu vs yoga'
or 'crazy guy with super kung fu'
pretty intriguing (and hilarious) titles, but i couldn't find much info on them

bobdigi is correct, swordplay flicks aint all that, and i find that most fu flicks have at least one decent sword fight in them anyway
hand to hand combat is more...........civilized
really, im not interested in new kung fu flicks, except for curiosity
i thought 'crouching tiger, hidden dragon' was great except for long periods of no fighting with dull subtitles

bob99digi
05-04-2006, 04:30 PM
lol, can't say i've seen either of those flicks, crazy ass names though, lol. The one "crazy guy with super kung fu" for some reason sounds familiar.

PANDA PISS
05-04-2006, 05:47 PM
kung fu vs yoga
i have an idea whos gonna win

Elaquent
05-04-2006, 05:58 PM
ive seen kung fu vs yoga.

overall, the film is soso at best...well, until the finale...chin yuet sang and alan hsu fight a real life indian yoga master....dude dislocates his limbs and does the most ridiculous shit!! truly an innovative fight..but the rest of the film doesnt hold up. if u find it for cheap, cop it..just for the finale..rest of the film is bleh. i havent seen crazy guy with the super kung fu..but if u want, i can post a clip of it for u.

when i say swordplay flix, i mean wuxia films like bastard swordsman, or avenging eagle, or one armed swordman...or duel to the death. those flix usually deal with lots of magical/mystical elements (not all of them) such as flying, magic and special effects and are usually way more complex in terms of plot. to this day, ive only watched 2 that i enjoyed..crouching tiger and hero. didnt dig house of flying daggers, and some oldskool ones...they just put me to sleep. i dont mean actual swordplay in kung fu movies...like shaolin and wutang for example. swordfights are cool in kung fu movies..but i dont like wuxia flix..at least, i havetn seen very many that i really enjoyed.

when i first started collecting..it was mainly oldskool flix..virtually all my films were made b4 85....but if u guys are open, u should check out some late 80s, early 90s Sammo Hung films...shit's intense i tell ya.

Elaquent
05-04-2006, 06:05 PM
heres the trailer for Crazy Guy with Super Kung Fu:

http://www.shaolinchamber.com/video_files/TRAILERS/CrazyGuyWithSuperKungFu-trailer.wmv

PANDA PISS
05-04-2006, 06:56 PM
heres the trailer for Crazy Guy with Super Kung Fu:

http://www.shaolinchamber.com/video_files/TRAILERS/CrazyGuyWithSuperKungFu-trailer.wmv
Thanks
i was gonna cop it
but i dont think ill bother now
lol

Elaquent
05-04-2006, 07:43 PM
ive just got an assload of flix in the mail...cant wait:

angry ranger*
tiger over wall*
invincible shaolin
the challenger
young master
tower of death/game of death 2*
south shaolin master
enter the fat dragon
bullet in the head*
lone wolf and cub baby cart to hades*
shogun assassin (for my boy)
hardboiled
bullet in the head
the duel
kung fu instructor*

* - havent seen b4...how are these films for anyone who's seen them?

PANDA PISS
05-04-2006, 07:47 PM
only one i seen is kung fu instuctor
and it was dope as hell

100pr00f
05-05-2006, 12:25 AM
were did u get bullit in the head have a link

Elaquent
05-05-2006, 09:30 AM
im actually getting my copy through a trade..but heres a link anyways:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/search.yes/title.bullet+in+the+head/qx/titles.htm

100pr00f
05-05-2006, 10:11 AM
damn u should up that shit on ur comp and send me a copy haha

Elaquent
05-05-2006, 10:16 AM
if u want, my man, when i get my copy, i'll mail u a dvdr copy. all those films i listed that im getting..im getting for free.

bob99digi
05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
im actually getting my copy through a trade..but heres a link anyways:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/search.yes/title.bullet+in+the+head/qx/titles.htm

Let me know how this movie is, although i'm sure i'm gonna buy it regardless.

Kung Fu Instructor - I really liked this movie. I liked it a lot. One of the reason is I like pole fighting, and this film has a lot of that. I think the story is good, its one of those heavy virtuous stories. It stars Ti Lung, who I also like. Its been probably 2 years since i've seen it, only watched it once I think, and I let my cousin borrow it and haven't seen it since, lol.

100pr00f
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM
if u want, my man, when i get my copy, i'll mail u a dvdr copy. all those films i listed that im getting..im getting for free.

that would be great....were u located...im in the states....

Elaquent
05-05-2006, 11:47 AM
im in canada bro.

100pr00f
05-05-2006, 08:08 PM
ok..if u sned me a copy ill send u a copy too

of any thing on my list....but...i got to try and use my dvd burner..never used it yet

haha

Elaquent
05-06-2006, 11:46 AM
if it dont work, its all good man. lots of cats have hooked me up in the past, so i dont mind hookin up other aspiring HK cinema fans.

i rewatched When Tae Kwan Do Strikes aka Sting of the Dragon Master last nite (starring angela mao, jhonn rhee, sammo hung)...that film is fire! i forgot how dope it is..definetely got to cop it widescreen. if ur a fan of those early 70s kung fu flix, i recommend it...choreography is definetely ahead of its time.

PANDA PISS
05-06-2006, 12:02 PM
heres what i got comin in the post:
Mystery Of Chessboxing (if it dont arrive next week im getting a refund)
Invincible Shaolin
Avenging Eagle
3 Evil Masters
Dragons Claw
Hell'z Windstaff

nice lookin list aint it?
can't wait

Elaquent
05-06-2006, 12:11 PM
ur in for a treat when u pop in hells windstaff...one of hwang jang lee's best movies, and the endfight is truly awesome. took me a while to get it but it was worth the wait, great fights in that one. 3 evil masters is pretty hot too...my man yuen tak pulls off some great moves, and the finale against my boy wang lung wei is tight...also stars chen kuan tai. i dont have to tell u about mystery of chessboxing...great film. the commentary is interesting to listen to as well...if its the tai seng version. that is a nice list..ur in for a treat for sure.

pro.Graveface
05-06-2006, 08:01 PM
ima search for those flickz especialy hellwindstaff!!!mysteryoff...s ultimatedope yeah just pickedup "Samurai Wolf1&2" I hope itz dope!!!

pro.Graveface
05-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Hell'zWindstaff!!!hehe
fuc this drawboard!!

PANDA PISS
05-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Hell'zWindstaff!!!hehe
fuc this drawboard!!
:?

Solid Flame
05-07-2006, 05:24 PM
What y΄all think about Carter Wong? The dude who played in 18 Bronzemen and Born Invincible. I like him ΄cause I know that he΄s actually having a Kung Fu background (like Gordon Liu). My favourite flick with him is called The Magnificent - very good movie with crazy fights. I recommend it to everyone who likes Kung fu flicks with non stop, very good fighting! Another good Carter Wong film which is ill is called Fatal Flying Gouillotine. Worth checkin out, no doubt!

Elaquent
05-07-2006, 07:45 PM
carter wong is an interesting character...i think his moves are really stiff...and if u watch closely in born invincible, he's doubled quite a bit by Corey Yuen and/or Yuen Shun Yi...but i do like him. havent seen enuff of his films to formulate an opinion on him tho.

100pr00f
05-08-2006, 08:09 AM
hey do u have legend of a fighter...too
if so could copy that too

and pick 2 from my list
so i can try out the dvd burner haha

peace

let me know when u want my address too

Elaquent
05-08-2006, 09:33 AM
ok

i'll wait till i get the bullet in the head first..then i'll see about getting that and Legend of a Fighter copied (LOAF is a fantastic film btw). i'll choose something off ur list when the time comes.

100pr00f
05-08-2006, 09:46 AM
ok thanks alot.....yea i heard alot of good things about it..but i cant find it any were

bob99digi
05-08-2006, 09:53 AM
I've never been a fan of Carter Wong, for some reason.

Elaquent
05-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Legend of a Fighter = yuen woo ping's best all around movie. its a pretty nice contrast to Fearless (jet li) if uve seen that..cuz it deals with the same character.

PANDA PISS
05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Flag Of Iron was dope
really great story to it
not too complex
but it made the fights more edge of ya seat
the bit when dude sticks his spear throught the guys chest right at the end is sick!
finally got my copy of 'mystery of chessboxing'
the case its in looks about 10 years old
and the disc is scratched cos when i opened the case the disc wasnt even in place
nevermind
its been rereleased recently, so i might cop that.................
could be better quality
havin said that, i havent watched this one yet

just bought (my first) samo hung joint, from the 'wu-tang underground collection'
its got a pic of the whole clan on the cover, and a few videos as well
its called 'kung-fu master'
altho on imdb its also known as:
'incredible kung fu master'
'enter the fat dragon'
any thoughts

Elaquent
05-08-2006, 06:57 PM
incredible kung fu master is really dope. Steven Tung Wai is really ace in it...top notch cast..choreographed by Sammo's stunt team. fights are really tight. also includes phillip ko. btw, enter the fat dragon is a completely different film. the aka for this film is "they call me phat dragon". "enter the fat dragon" is sammo's bruce lee homage. welcome to the world of sammo hung...dude is like a fat version of jackie chan. check out magnificent butcher...he does crazy acrobatics and moves that u'd never expect someone his size to do. but hes best known behind the camera...next to Yuen Woo Ping, hes definetely my favourite martial arts director. his choreography is just stellar and its more intense and brutal than everybody else's.

i havent seen flag of iron yet, i'll have to cop that sometime.

PANDA PISS
05-08-2006, 08:09 PM
just saw '2 champions of death'
cool flick, Lu Feng always seems to play the bad guy
he was aiight in this flick
also features:
Lo Meng
Sun Chien
Chiang Sheng

for me the story was a little too stretched, and the fights were few in comparison to other venoms joints but overall i enjoyed it.
the final fight was pretty damn exciting, and the start was good too, but it had some boring moments in the middle
id recomend it to other venom flick fans, but its not their best

Elaquent
05-09-2006, 03:53 PM
anyone here ever seen Broken Oath? rewatched this one last nite and its a great flick, probably angela mao's best...its a kf remake/rip off of Lady Snowblood. not nearly as good overall, but a great flick with some top notch fights.

bob99digi
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
I've never seen one single movie of hers.

Elaquent
05-09-2006, 04:52 PM
if u like bashers (early 70s kung fu), shes got a few gems, such as when tae kwan do strikes, lady whirlwind, hapkido...she also has an extended cameo in Enter the Dragon as Bruce Lee's deceased sister. as far as a film showcasing her skills, Dance of Death is easily her best one. jackie chan choreographs it, and she busts out lots of great moves....but the film has some IRRITATING comedy, so watch at ur own risk.

PANDA PISS
05-10-2006, 08:06 PM
just watched 'hell'z windstaff' and its the shit
fuckin amazin fights
but my copy is subtitled
elaquent
tell me where i can get a dubbed copy please!

Elaquent
05-11-2006, 10:18 AM
glad u liked it, its one of hwang jang lee's best films.

too bad...if ur a fan of those classic old school dubs, hell's windstaff is a good one to have! subtitles are no big deal to me...but when it comes to oldskool flix, i prefer the dub....newer wave stuff on the other hand, i prefer the subs, since 98% of the english dubs are plain awful.

a dubbed version isnt hard to find, HOWEVER, theres a tradeoff...most dubbed versions (ive seen) are FULLSCREEN..personally, i'd take a widescreen/subbed copy over fullscreen dub any day of the week...unless ur copy is fullscreen which ive never seen b4.

anywayz, this is the copy of hells windstaff ive got:
http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.534438/qx/details.htm

hope that helps.

PANDA PISS
05-11-2006, 04:39 PM
thanks i have a lot of films with that case design
so i know itll be good quality, like the other ones i have
ill cop that version next time i get paid

that woman (Qui Yuen) who plays the mother in 'dragons claw' and the landlady in 'kung-fu hustle'
what other (good) flicks has she been in, shes mad cool

and 'Dragons Claw' and '3 Evil Masters' are more good shit
definetly classics

Elaquent
05-11-2006, 06:22 PM
shes in disciples of 36th chamber i think too. not sure what else yuen qui is in.

"so i know itll be good quality, like the other ones i have"
i wouldnt go that far...the quality of red sun (panmedia) dvds varies GREATLY. most of them are ripped from bad quality vhs tapes...most of the SB films will be good quality, since they rip them from Celestial discs and place the original english dub over them...just saying, dont expect high caliber stuff all the time from red sun.

PANDA PISS
05-12-2006, 04:20 PM
shes in disciples of 36th chamber i think too. not sure what else yuen qui is in.

"so i know itll be good quality, like the other ones i have"
i wouldnt go that far...the quality of red sun (panmedia) dvds varies GREATLY. most of them are ripped from bad quality vhs tapes...most of the SB films will be good quality, since they rip them from Celestial discs and place the original english dub over them...just saying, dont expect high caliber stuff all the time from red sun.

yeh i know
my ten tigers of kwantung copy is the worst, but at least its acceptable, and some of them have perfect picture quality

100pr00f
05-12-2006, 09:17 PM
most of the time i dont realy care about quilty when it come s to the venoms im just happy i got it to see it lol...as long is its not dark...and not pixeled im good

Elaquent
05-12-2006, 10:15 PM
true that....but its absolutely astonishing how big a difference it can be seeing a film that is good quality and widescreen as opposed to fullscreen and bad quality...i gotta say, watching 36th chamber in its widescreen glory gave a completely different impression on me than seeing it fullscreen and crappy vhs quality.

num2son
05-12-2006, 10:30 PM
I just saw Fist of The White Lotus and its pretty damn good

Pai Mei is one of my favorite villians...LOL

PANDA PISS
05-13-2006, 07:24 AM
I just saw Fist of The White Lotus and its pretty damn good

Pai Mei is one of my favorite villians...LOL

if you liked that, go see 'executioners of shaolin'
thats the shit, Pai Meis even better in that
plus you get Kuan Tai Chen in it as well as Liu Chia hui and Lieh Lo
that film is the shit

Elaquent
05-14-2006, 11:24 AM
co-sign that...executioners from shaolin is one of my fav SB films. if u guys cant get enuff of pai mei i guess u can check out slice of death aka abbot of shaolin....stars david chiang and lo lieh (as pai mei again)...but be warned...the film really isnt that good.

num2son
05-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah i saw it, its a good film, when i looked up Fist of the white lotus it said it was a remake/sequal to executioners from shaolin?

What is deal with Pai Mei, why is mad all the time?

Why were there 4 guys instead of 5 in the Return of the five deadly venoms? One blind, one deaf, one dumb, one with no legs?

Elaquent
05-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Clan (Fist) of the White Lotus is a very loose sequel to executioners from shaolin. if u watch the film subtitled u'll actually notice that the pai mei character in fist of the whilte lotus...ISNT actually pai mei. hes a "classmate" of the deceased pai mei (hence the loose sequel). pai mei in cantonese i believe means "White Eyebrows". the character in fist of the white lotus is "White Lotus"...a different character. but everyone just labels him as pai mei since the characters are virtually identical in every other respect.

"Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms" isnt the real title of the film. the actual name of the film is called "Crippled Avengers" which is much better title of the film. RotFDV was the name given in the US to capitalize on the success of the 5 Venoms movie.

num2son
05-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Clan (Fist) of the White Lotus is a very loose sequel to executioners from shaolin. if u watch the film subtitled u'll actually notice that the pai mei character in fist of the whilte lotus...ISNT actually pai mei. hes a "classmate" of the deceased pai mei (hence the loose sequel). pai mei in cantonese i believe means "White Eyebrows". the character in fist of the white lotus is "White Lotus"...a different character. but everyone just labels him as pai mei since the characters are virtually identical in every other respect.

"Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms" isnt the real title of the film. the actual name of the film is called "Crippled Avengers" which is much better title of the film. RotFDV was the name given in the US to capitalize on the success of the 5 Venoms movie.

THANKS MAN!!

Elaquent
05-14-2006, 11:22 PM
no problem.

PANDA PISS
05-15-2006, 04:06 PM
yo i got these 2 shits:
Killer Army
Chinese Supa Ninjas

wat the dillio elaquent
are these good ones
i know they both have venoms in em (i think), but are they really good nahmean?

Elaquent
05-15-2006, 05:46 PM
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i havent seen either of those. i gotta say, ive really been slacking on the venoms as of late, i gotta get back on the venoms wagon. however, ive heard nothing but good things about both films...chinese super ninjas (5 element ninjas) is quite a cult fav....but its also got that good ol "hate it or love it" element to it. most venoms fans love that film tho. chances are u'll like both of them. there are very few bad venoms/chang cheh collabs.

PANDA PISS
05-15-2006, 05:49 PM
rite
9 demons is posed to be awful
i read a review of it
its on some sell your soul to the devil horror type shit
which i can imagine sounds pretty bad

ima watch chinese supa ninjas now

Elaquent
05-15-2006, 07:35 PM
9 demons is crap. lemme kno what u think of chinese super ninjas.

PANDA PISS
05-15-2006, 08:13 PM
i just wrote a long review of it
but lost it by accident
annoying
anyway the film is good
chinese fighters vs japanese ninjas
only venoim involved is Lo Meng
prolly one that needs repeat plays to fully enjoy
good ninja fights tho
i give it 4/5

Elaquent
05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
cool stuff, thanx for the review...i think i'll add that to the next batch of films i pick up. did u watch killer army?

100pr00f
05-15-2006, 10:44 PM
9 demons is crap. lemme kno what u think of chinese super ninjas.

yes ...bad flick...i got this from the mall a year ago....man was not liking it but i watched.....
wasnt that good

haha

peace

PANDA PISS
05-16-2006, 09:11 AM
cool stuff, thanx for the review...i think i'll add that to the next batch of films i pick up. did u watch killer army?
yeah
when i first started watchin it, it didnt really grab me, but it redeemed itself after that. the pace picked up, and the ninjas were amazing
the fight when Lo Meng battles on after being injured badly, is dope.
theres a corny romantic subplot but thats the only thing that couldve been handled better
ill prolly watch Killer Army sometime this week

PANDA PISS
05-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Avenging Eagle is the shit
not the greatest fight scenes ive seen but they did the job, and the plot was very compelling, tragic, classic
5/5

Elaquent
05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
isnt that a wuxia swordplay film? ive been meaning to see what the hypes about..but i guess im too stubborn to watch a swordplay film lol. thanx for the review.

PANDA PISS
05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
isnt that a wuxia swordplay film? ive been meaning to see what the hypes about..but i guess im too stubborn to watch a swordplay film lol. thanx for the review.
um
thought it was a kung fu joint
come to think of it, there isnt any hand to hand combat (maybe 1 or 2 punches)
good chinese fight joint IMO its kung fu.
but it has Ti Lung(with 3 bar stick) & Alex Fu Sheng(with sleeve knifes) in the main roles, and one of the eagle clan bad guys henchmen is Wang Lung Wei
also, theres a lot of great cinematography from the countryside and only a few scenes done in a studio
id definetly recomend it.

100pr00f
05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Avenging Eagle is the shit
not the greatest fight scenes ive seen but they did the job, and the plot was very compelling, tragic, classic
5/5

ima get this one day haha

Elaquent
05-17-2006, 10:11 AM
r u guys into modern martial arts actioners like Police Story, Pedicab Driver? or is everyone here mostly just into oldskool period stuff?

bob99digi
05-17-2006, 12:42 PM
r u guys into modern martial arts actioners like Police Story, Pedicab Driver? or is everyone here mostly just into oldskool period stuff?
I'm into the new stuff, old stuff, whatever. I do like the older stuff better usually. I finally got my list together so i'll put it below.

Avenging Eagle - not a wuxia swordplay film, at least not as I classify them. It kinda feels like a venoms movie to me, but with Ti Lung, Fu Sheng, and Wang Lung Wei. Its not like one of the newer films with wires, or flying around, none of that wuxia swordplay stuff, although the story itself is based on a wuxia novel. Its really not just swords either. The "Eagle Clan", or whatever it is, use a bunch of different weapons, I think they are all different. Ti Lung, was raised in this gang, but eventually wanted out. But of course there is no such thing as a way out, so he leaves, and of course they try to kill him.

ShawBrothers (general)
My Young Auntie – Liu Chia Liang, Kara Hui, Wang Lung Wei
7 Blows of the Dragon Pt 1 – David Chiang, Ti Lung, Chen Kuan Tai
7 Blows of the Dragon Pt 2 – David Chiang, Ti Lung, Chen Kuan Tai
Shaolin Handlock – D Chiang, Lo Lieh
Stroke of Death aka Monkey Kung Fu
Brave Archer Pt. 1 – all star cast
Brave Archer Pt. 2 – all star cast
Brave Archer Pt. 3 – all star cast
Gallant Boxer – Jimmy Wang Yu
5 Superfighters
Shanghai 13 – all star cast
One Armed Swordsman – Jimmy Wang Yu
New One Armed Swordsman – D. Chiang
Deadly Duo – Ti Lung, David Chiang
The Magic Blade – Ti Lung, Lo Lieh

Gordon Liu
Instructors of Death/Martial Club – Gordon Liu, Wang Lung Wei
Shaolin Drunken Monk – Gordon Liu
Challenge of the Masters – Gordon Liu, Liu Chia Liang, Wang Lung Wei, Chen Kuan Tai
4 Assasins – Gordon Liu, Fu Sheng, Wang Lung Wei, Kuo Chui
Shaolin Challenges Ninja – Gordon Liu
Young Vagabond – Gordon Liu
Master of Disaster – Gordon Liu, Fu Sheng
Dirty Ho – Gordon Liu, Wang Lung Wei
Breakout from Opression – Gordon Liu (supposedly his first starring role)
18 Legendary Weapons of China – Gordon Liu, Liu Chia Liang
Fist of the White Lotus – Gordon Liu, Lo Lieh
Return to the 36th Chambers – Gordon Liu, Wang Lung Wei
8 Diagram Pole Fighter – Gordon Liu, Fu Sheng

Venoms
Ninja in the Deadly Trap
Destroyers
The Spearman
Kid w/ the Golden Arm
Sword Stained w/ Royal Blood
Ode to Gallantry
Life Combat
House of Traps
Two Champions of Shaolin
5 Deadly Venoms
Return of the Deadly Venoms
10 Tigers from Kwangtung
Chinese Super Ninjas

Chen Kuan Tai
Warrior of Steel – Chen Kuan Tai
Killer Constables – Chen Kuan Tai
Spiritual Boxer Pt 1 – Chen Kuan Tai, Ti Lung
Executioners from Shaolin – Chen Kuan Tai, Lo Lieh
Heroes Two – Chen Kuan Tai, Fu Sheng
Boxer from Shantung – Chen Kuan Tai, David Chiang
Savage 5 – Chen Kuan Tai, David Chiang, Ti Lung

Fu Sheng
Shaolin Avengers – Fu Sheng, Chi Kuan-chun
Shaolin Martial Arts – Fu Sheng, Gordon Liu, Wang Lung Wei
Grandmaster of Death – Fu Sheng, Wang Lung Wei, Kuo Chui

Jet Li
Shaolin Temple 1 – Jet Li
Shaolin Temple 2 – Jet Li
Once Upon a Time in China I– Jet Li
Once Upon a Time in China II– Jet Li
Once Upon a Time in China III– Jet Li
Fist of Legend – Jet Li
Tai Chi Master – Jet Li
My Father is a Hero – Jet Li
The Hero – Jet Li

Chow Yun Fat/John Woo
Last Hurrah of Chivalry – John Woo (dir), Wei Pai
The Killer – John Woo (dir), Chow Yun Fat
City on Fire – Chow Yun Fat
Once a Thief – John Woo (dir), Chow Yun Fat

Other
Eagles Claw
Snake in the Monkeys Shadow
Fist &Guts – Gordon Liu
Ninja in the Deadly Trap - Venoms
Magnificient Warriors
Emperor of Shaolin Kung Fu – Lo Lieh, Carter Wong
Shaolin Red Master
The Rebellious Reign
18 Bronzemen Pt 1 - Carter Wong
18 Bronzemen Pt 2 – Carter Wong
Shaolin vs. Lama – Chen Shan
Shaolin Temple Strikes Back – Chen Shan, Mark Long, Joseph Kuo (dir)
Mystery of Chessboxing – Mark Long
Born Invincible – Carter Wong
Monkey Fist, Floating Snake
7 Grand Masters – Mark Long, Jack Long
36 Deadly Styles – Mark Long, Hwang Jang Lee
Crystal Fist – Billy Chong
The Dragon, The Hero – John Liu
Heroes of the Wild – Hwang Jang Lee, Lo Lieh
Shogun Assasin (aka Lonewolf & Cub Parts 1&2)
Lone Wolf and Club 3: Baby Cart to Hades
Deadly Roulette – Lo Lieh
800 Heroes
The Instant Kung Fu Man – John Liu, Hwang Jang Lee
Magnificent Butcher – Sammo Hung
Prodigal Son – Yuen Biao
7 Steps of Kung Fu – Chen Shan
Hitman in the Hand of Buddha – Hwang Jang Lee
Shaolin Invincible Sticks
Buddhas Palm & Dragon Fist – Lee I Min, Chi Kuan-Chun
Buddhist Fist
The Hot, the Cool, & the Viscious
The Loot – David Chiang

Wu Tang Forbidden Treasures Collection
Golden Killer
Iron Monkey 2

Wu Tang Collection
Shaolin vs. Wu Tang – Gordion Liu, Adam Chang, Wang Lung Wei
Ol Dirty Kung Fu
Wu Tang Temple
Lord of the Wu Tang
Wu Tang Swordsman
Hellz Wind Staff
Soul Collector
Killer Priest
Wu Tang Clan
Iron Man
Invincible Armour
Song of Wu Tang
Faster Blade, Poisonous Darts
Gods of Wu Tang

36 Chamber Collection
Legend of the Liquid Sword

New Age (late 80’s and beyond) House of Flying Daggers
Tai Chi Master (2005) – Yuen Wo Ping (dir), Jacky Wu, Billy Chow, Kara Hui
Pedicab Driver (1989) – Sammo Hung
7 Swords (2005) – Donnie Yen, Liu Chia Liang
Dragon Inn (1992) – Donnie Yen, Brigette Lin
Once Upon a Time in China IV (1993) – Not Jet Li
Water Margin (1993) – remake of the SB ones, I think???
Comet, Butterfly, & Sword (1993) – Michelle Yeoh, Donnie Yen
Ong Bak – Tony Jaa

Elaquent
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM
very nice list man...uve got quite a few films i still have to pick up. btw, The Loot (david chiang) isnt an SB film..just in case u didnt know. i wanna grab Instant Kung Fu Man next...is that any good?

bob99digi
05-17-2006, 02:41 PM
very nice list man...uve got quite a few films i still have to pick up. btw, The Loot (david chiang) isnt an SB film..just in case u didnt know. i wanna grab Instant Kung Fu Man next...is that any good?

i wasn't sure if it was or wasn't. I'll move it, thanks.

I have to watch pedicab driver, thats my next one to watch, i picked it up months back, just haven't gotten to it. Heard nothin but good things about it.

Elaquent
05-17-2006, 03:14 PM
pedicab driver is a great film...just dont expect a walls to walls actioner...there are really only 3 or 4 action scenes in this one and lots of plot (good story), but the fights in it are tops. in particular, Sammo Hung has a LEGENDARY fight with Lau Kar Leung...worth the price of the movie alone. the finale vs billy chow is INTENSE too.

PANDA PISS
05-17-2006, 03:20 PM
modern?
isnt police story like 20 yrs old?
ive seen some modern kung fu flicks, but theyre not the same
i like the period drama kung fu joints
i just enjoy it more cos the old flicks have real fighting
you never know how much CGI/Wirework etc is goin on in the newer films
shaw brothers shoulda carried on doin the kung fu joints
no-one really carried on the period drama aspect of kung fu during the 80s and 90s to now infact
modern audiences cant feel it if it dont got CGI and stunts and shit
i like Jackie Chan tho
and if u wanna say Chow Yun Fat is Kung Fu, hes made some aiight movies in the last 10 years or so

Elaquent
05-17-2006, 11:14 PM
well, what i mean by modern martial arts movies are the MA flix set in the present day, rather than the ming/ching/sung/early 1900s setting that most oldskoolers have. personally im glad they kind of shifted the focus from period to modern, back to period, back to modern..cuz u eventually start to get tired of the same thing. they were rockin that period setting since the late 40s up until the early 80s when Jackie and Sammo shifted the trend. i love modern 80s/early 90s present day MA flix...what u'll notice is that in comparison to 70s period kung fu flix, the fights are a lot faster, intense/brutal, and there is a much larger emphasis on stuntwork. stuntmen definetely had it the worst during the 80s...Jackie and Sammo and other directors sent ppl to hospitals on a daily basis! no lies..90s new wave period kung fu flix emphasized the supernatural abilities (wirework) which lots of ppl dont like but i liked...if it was done correctly. despite all the wirework in Iron Monkey, theres still tons of grounded fighting. the problem nowadays is trends...down in HK and hollywood, the "cool" thing to do is put popstars and pretty faces who have no MA training and swing them on wires which anger the purists. peking opera schools nowadays arent as intense as they were back in teh day for Jackie and Sammo, which could explain y it seems like Tony Jaa is the only person who can do the same shit that jackie and sammo and the boys were doing way back in the day (i mean wayy back).

PANDA PISS
05-18-2006, 08:32 AM
ok man
i need to get some more jackie/sammo joints
i do prefer the period stuff
but the modern stuff i have seen is good too

Elaquent
05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
im kind of undecided as to which side i like more...a year ago, i woulda sed period stuff for sure...now im not too sure...i guess i like them equally now.

100pr00f
05-22-2006, 07:16 AM
http://weblogs.variety.com/photos/uncategorized/ongbak2_web.jpg

Elaquent
05-22-2006, 10:25 AM
i actually just heard about Ong Bak 2...hopefully, they fix up the storyline even a little bit..

PANDA PISS
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Killer Army
5/5
solid film
as good as most other venoms flicks
worth seeing if you enjoy that shit

Invincible Shaolin
5/5
see above

haha
ill do a proper review some other time
ask me if you need to know sumthin

Elaquent
05-23-2006, 01:01 PM
cool..thanx for the reviews wumastakilla

im getting my copy of invincible shaolin in the mail...don remember this film very well...i'll have to grab killer army sometime...have u seen flag of iron?

PANDA PISS
05-23-2006, 05:10 PM
yes
flag of iron is crack
truly evil bad guys
Lu Feng is the traitor
id say its better than Killer Army or Invincible Shaolin
but that doesnt take away from those films
theyre all enjoyable
but the tone of Flag Of Iron, the atmosphere and the fights, i preferred it
cant choose between Killer Army and Invincible Shaolin tho
ive enjoyed all the venoms ive seen

watched Kung Fu Master 4/5
standard stuff, some funny slapstick, and good training scenes
Philip Ko has the star turn at the end, i didnt expect his brother to show up tho
i laughed my ass off at the end

definetly cop this dvd, its got some dope extras like RZA fighting some1 for his film, gravel pit vid, interview with the director, also Cilvaringz, U-God, Popa Wu
usually you dont get any extras with kung fu dvds, so this was incredible

i got these ones to watch:
4 Assassins
Death Chamber
7 Steps Of Kung Fu

these any good?
Elaquent, can you recomend any good films with Ti Lung?, cos all the films i seen him in (Avenging Eagle, Iron Fist, Kung Fu Instructor) are dope

Elaquent
05-23-2006, 06:41 PM
only one of those films ive seen is 7 steps of kung fu...i think its good, not great..but u'll find that many ppl LOVE this film...im sure u'll enjoy it in the least. glad u liked incredible kung fu master...tung wai and phillip ko are tops. i gotta cop that dvd....the version i have is just a dvd rip so theres no extra..i want to see that rza fight!

good films with ti lung...i HIGHLY recommend The Heroes aka Wu Tang Clan (dont get excited, this isnt actually a movie about wu tang...wutang aint even mentioned once...its a shaolin movie). Wu Ma directs it with choreography by Robert Tai. the screenplay was done by Yi Kuang..for those dont kno was easily the best screenwriter in kf movie history...think of some of ur FAV shaw bros films...theres a 95% chance that he wrote it. anyways, the story is wonderful, and ti lung really gets to flex his acting muscles (i really think that hes the best actor-actor in classic kung fu cinema). also stars tan tao liang and michael chan wai man. the plot is creative...ti lung plays a ching official against shaolin students...but the twist is...hes the antagonist..AND the protagonist..i really dont want to give it away. fights are excellent, plot is excellent, ti lung is excellent...i truly believe this is a burried treasure. hidden gem. most ti lung movies in my collection are his old iron triangle films with david chiang (the early 70s ones) which i think u sed ur not a big fan of...but i'll see what other ti lung joints i got to recommend.

PANDA PISS
05-23-2006, 06:48 PM
the rza fights only short
i think hes fighting with some famous fighter of chinese cinema but i forget the name
i really want that bob digi movie to drop
im not against early 70s kung fu, but i havent seen much of it, if you think its classic, ill prolly check it out anyway
5 or 10 dollas is worth the risk

Tangaz
05-23-2006, 07:05 PM
well, the older jackie chan flicks are better than the new shit out there...

not that they are bad movies, but i prefer the old school shit..
has anyone seen -SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN?- with J.C.Nice one! That's a classic. Loved it.

Not really traditional kung-fu, but y'all HAVE to see

PRISON ON FIRE
PRISON ON FIRE 2
and
TIGER ON BEAT

Chow Yun Fat flicks. Some of my all-time favourites. Anyone else?

Elaquent
05-23-2006, 09:43 PM
the rza fights only short
i think hes fighting with some famous fighter of chinese cinema but i forget the name
i really want that bob digi movie to drop
im not against early 70s kung fu, but i havent seen much of it, if you think its classic, ill prolly check it out anyway
5 or 10 dollas is worth the risk

that famous fighter of chinese cinema is Robert Tai i believe. hes better known behind the camera...he choerographed most of the venoms stuff along with the venoms, and made a bunch of taiwanese ninja stuff...great choreographer...questionable director.

dont kno if uve seen Duel of the Iron Fist...but ti lung is great in that..most early 70s kung fu SB films are more story driven, and the fight choreography is slower and less complex...but just as fun to me. i understand that era of kf films dont really do it for a lot of ppl, so i think that u should at least be warned. check one of them out and if u like it, u'll prolly like the rest. but yeah, make sure u check out The Heroes. its an indie film, and theres a few dvds out...one is a tai seng one which features a commentary by Ric Meyers (beware of this guy, he's full of crap), and a Xenon dvd.

Shaolin Wooden Men is my favourite pre-SnakeInTheEaglesShadow jackie chan film ive seen. most of his earlier films aint that good IMO, but that one was tight. IMO, jackies best oldskool films: snake in the eagles shadow, drunken master, young master. jackiest best modern films: drunken master 2, police story, police story 2.

i havent seen the prison on fire films...but i wasnt very big on Tiger on Beat...the comedy is alright..but the action didnt do it for me...

bob99digi
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Flag of Iron - I liked this better than Killer Army too, and I think invincible shaolin as well, but I haven't seen that one in so long I can't remember it to good. But like Wu Master Killer said, the bad guys are a very good part of why its good. I love movies where there are "underground killers" whose identities and/or styles are unknown.

Invincible Shaolin - another good venom movie. This is more of a traditional storyline, with shaolin, more training involved. Good movie.

4 Assasins - you'll probably either love it or hate it. I like it because it was Kuo Chui first main role, and also one of the few films with gordon liu and a venom together. Its an older SB movie, so not sure how much you will get into it.

Death Chamber - I like this movie a lot. Its got a nice cast, starring Ti Lung, the venoms (not sure if all), Wang Lung Wei, Fu Sheng, what I would call an all star cast. This is a long movie. Its pretty story driven as well. It has good training scenes, good fighting scenes, and a good story IMO. The Qing dynasty is basically shutting down shaolin temple and kung fu out of fear that they would grow too powerful. The abbott decides to take in outsiders and teach them kung fu, so that they can strengthen their numbers so they can resist the attack of the Qings. New pupils are taken in and train (training sequences are good). But there is a traitor within the temple working with the Qings to destroy the temple.

Ti Lung movies - maybe check out "Deadly Duo". I saw it only once, just bought it recently (months ago). But I seem to remember it being good. I do know the villains are kinda like the element ninjas (gold, wood, earth, water, etc.).

Elaquent
05-24-2006, 12:48 PM
oh wait...isnt 4 Assassins = Marco Polo? if so, ive seen it... a lot time ago, dont remember it very well..i remember it being alright..

bob99digi
05-24-2006, 01:18 PM
oh wait...isnt 4 Assassins = Marco Polo? if so, ive seen it... a lot time ago, dont remember it very well..i remember it being alright..

yes it is

PANDA PISS
05-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Death Chambers aka Shaolin Temple - 5/5
classic film
def agree with bob99digi, its star packed :
Sheng Fu,Ti Lung,Philip Kwok, David Chiang, Wang Lung Wei, Chiang Sheng, Lu Feng, Yi min Li(from 7 grandmasters and the mystery of chessboxing), and Lo Meng (briefly)
very story driven, the nearest to fighting is the wonderful training scenes, that is until the end, when manchus attack the shaolin temple, and theres some great star power doing the fighting.
not surprisingly wang lung wei turns out to be a traitor (turned by a manchu guy posing as a monk, and who cant fight for shit btw)
the survivors of the attack vow to take revenge and keep the shaolin spirit alive
enjoyed this a lot
would def recomend it

7 steps of kung fu - 4.5/5
non stop action
great fighting, and for a good cause too(lol)
the dialogue is kept to an absolute minimum, and some of the story isnt fully explained, but you get the grand scheme really
def enjoyed it
but death chambers is better

100pr00f
05-25-2006, 07:06 AM
happy b-day wu masta killer

haha

bob99digi
05-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Wu Master - i'm glad you really enjoyed Death Chambers. This is one of my favorite movies, but its long, heavy on the story, and not much fighting, so wasn't sure how you would like it.

I liked the training in this movie. Not quite 36 chamber type training, but good sequences. I liked the feud between Fu Sheng and Wang Lung Wei. I liked the secret training at night scenes.

Elaquent
05-25-2006, 10:43 AM
yeah, Shaolin Temple is an SB classic....all of Chang Cheh's shaolin films in the mid 70s are classics. if u liked that, u should check out 5 Shaolin Masters if u havent already.

PANDA PISS
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
yeah, Shaolin Temple is an SB classic....all of Chang Cheh's shaolin films in the mid 70s are classics. if u liked that, u should check out 5 Shaolin Masters if u havent already.
just checked it out on IMDB
good recomendation
similar cast
ima buy this and heroes aka wu tang clan next

ive got '5 fingers of death' through the post today this is sposed to be a classic, i heard nuthin but good things about it

EDIT: is this film by directed by Chang Cheh?
it says Chang Hwa Jeong aka Chang Ho Cheng
he has a different resume on IMDB?

Elaquent
05-25-2006, 06:26 PM
5 Fingers of Death is the shit. just remember it was made in 1971 and not 1980, so the choreography is 'slower' and less complex...but i love this movie. it was actually the 1st kung fu movie to get released in the US...BEFORE bruce lee.

btw, when researching kung fu flix, the last place u should check is IMDB. theres tons of mistakes in there. those name u listed could be aka's, im not sure, but both films were definetely directed by Chang Che. 5 shaolin masters is i think a sequel to shaolin temple. also check out Men from the Monestary and Shaolin Martial Arts. all of those films are CC's shaolin line of films in teh mid 70s. not sure the order...but i know that 5 shaolin masters begins where shaolin temple left off.

100pr00f
05-25-2006, 07:37 PM
"5 shaolin masters is i think a sequel to shaolin temple"

this is true

PANDA PISS
05-26-2006, 03:32 PM
im broke as fuck from buying all this shit
just bought a buncha other films, but ima get them like i said
ill post the other shit ive got later, and do proper reviews

right now ima watch 'the prodigal son'
review later, but im sure everyone here already has it

100pr00f
05-26-2006, 09:10 PM
right now ima watch 'the prodigal son'

very good movie

i just got brave archer 2, 3, 4
and
avenging eagle and

haha

return of the master killer ..again....cuz my copy was fucked up

PANDA PISS
05-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Prodigal Son - 5/5
definetly a classic, the humour never gets in the way of the story or the fights
and the main characters were very charismatic, Yuen Biao really made the most of his role.
i was surpsised that the master was an ....ahem 'lady impersonator', but then he also learnt from sammo towards the end.
also Wei Pai (Snake Venom) makes an appearance as a womanizing opera star.
this film really impressed me
im lookin to get some more Sammo Hung/Ching Ying Lam/Yuen Biao flicks
any recomendations?

Ghost Deini
05-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Prodigal Sun is ILL, definitely nice pickup. I'd recommend the Sammo directed Warriors Two and also Dreadnaught starrting Yuen Biao. Both nice films.

PANDA PISS
05-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Duel To The Death - 4.5/5
this fu flick is of the swordplay variety about a battle between the chinese and japanese held every 10 years.
one guy is from shaolin temple, and is portrayed as the good guy
while the japanese samurai battles to the death
the battle takes place at the holy swordhouse, but the master wants fame and glory, so he and the japanese abduct chinas top fighters
his daughter dies tragically after being made to fight
anywayz, the title is appropriate
the effects are surprisingly good, considering it was made in 1982
actually, i think it could hold up quite well alongside the more modern films that have a similar feel (House Of Flying Daggers, Hero etc)
enjoyable to watch, but not amazing
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/paimei_2006/cri_001.jpg

Elaquent
05-27-2006, 06:37 PM
"Sammo Hung/Ching Ying Lam/Yuen Biao "

u'll notice that none of the 3 actually starred in very many films in the late 70s/ early 80s. sammo usually played bit parts, but spent most of the time behind the camera. yuen biao and lam ching ying are on his stunt team helping to choreograph. as far as bigger roles:

sammo:
iron fisted monk
warriors two
prodigal son
knockabout
magnificent butcher
pedicab driver
dragons forever
wheels on meals
the victim (must have)

lam ching ying:
magnificent butcher (gets just one fight)
prodigal son
mr vampire

yuen biao:
dreadnaught
knockabout
prodigal son
dragons forever
wheels on meals
righting wrongs
magnificent butcher

thanx for the duel to the death review

PANDA PISS
05-28-2006, 12:45 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/paimei_2006/Misc/ChenKuanTai_026_mobileWP.jpg
LOL

Elaquent
05-28-2006, 10:54 PM
hes the man!

PANDA PISS
05-29-2006, 07:49 AM
4 Assassins - 4.2/5
good film, nice training scenes, and the final fight was spectacular
great cast too
good plot twistin the history books, with marco eventually realizing the error of his ways
thought it was great

Return to the 36 Chambers - 4.4/5
i seen it before but its still a good one
dont think he would have learnt THAT much kung fu from building scaffolding though
liu chia hui is always a good actor and the fight at the end is quality
Rooftop style!

Elaquent
05-29-2006, 10:12 AM
return to the 36th was great, i just wish there were a few more fights in the beginning and middle....none of the real action starts until the end. but u can never go wrong with gordon liu vs my man johnny wang lung wei

100pr00f
05-29-2006, 09:06 PM
update: brave archer 2....2.8

2nd weakest venom flick...
fights are minamal
it follws the story as the first..but only like 4 fight...not that great
the sceans a choppy

i got the 3rd one and that supposd to be the best out of the 4

haha

peace