PDA

View Full Version : kung fu flicks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

ShaDynasty
08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
watched Big Boss again, dope film, bruce lee really deserves that legendary status. bruce is like the coolest ninja on the planet!
also i realized thats where the samples on fishscale are from

Elaquent
08-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Big Boss is my favouite bruce lee movie...not necessarily his best, but my personal fav. it was also the very first kf movie i ever purchased/saw in my life.

ShaDynasty
08-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Big Boss is my favouite bruce lee movie...not necessarily his best, but my personal fav. it was also the very first kf movie i ever purchased/saw in my life.

its a good film, dont like the ending though. i mean surely if bruce shows the coppers the dope stashed in the ice they set him free, no?
also why does his love interest bring the coppers to him, then shes pointin like "there he is!". seems pretty fucked up to me, but the rest of the film is dope, the fights were quality, and the story was good too

Elaquent
08-25-2006, 07:23 PM
if u watch closely, the coppers dont actually arrest him. like, its one of those endings where u can just use ur imagination to figure out how it ends, because theres such a lack of information. the cops could set him free....but lets also not forget how many bruce lee killed himself...he musta killed like 25 ppl. so if he did get arrested..i suppose its justified..as fucked up as that may be. i dont think his love interest points him out to get him arrested..but to show the coppers whats going on..my take on it anyways.

Elaquent
08-26-2006, 12:56 PM
update:

just watched Tiger Over Wall, starring Philip Ko and Hwang Jang Lee

this movie was better than i thought. it was put together by the same producers who put together Two on the Road (aka Fearless Dragons), and i was real impressed. the story is about a man who agrees to take the blame for a crime he didnt commit, just to get doublecrossed...yadda yadda yadda..insert revenge motif here. overall the story is entertaining enuff. better than avg i'd say. the fight choreography is really tight, Philip Ko is on fire in this one...hes got great technique and hes real fast. the endfight vs hwang jang lee is awesome, as expected. very good fights, and a solid story equates to a good flick. i give this one a 4.2.

up next: Angry Ranger, starring Ben Lam..a modern flick (around 87 or so i think), which features fight choreography by Jackie Chan's stunt team (no jackie appearance tho)

ShaDynasty
08-26-2006, 07:25 PM
update:

just watched Tiger Over Wall, starring Philip Ko and Hwang Jang Lee

this movie was better than i thought. it was put together by the same producers who put together Two on the Road (aka Fearless Dragons), and i was real impressed. the story is about a man who agrees to take the blame for a crime he didnt commit, just to get doublecrossed...yadda yadda yadda..insert revenge motif here. overall the story is entertaining enuff. better than avg i'd say. the fight choreography is really tight, Philip Ko is on fire in this one...hes got great technique and hes real fast. the endfight vs hwang jang lee is awesome, as expected. very good fights, and a solid story equates to a good flick. i give this one a 4.2.

up next: Angry Ranger, starring Ben Lam..a modern flick (around 87 or so i think), which features fight choreography by Jackie Chan's stunt team (no jackie appearance tho)

that sounds pretty good, never heard of it, when was it made? shaw brothers?
i mite have to check it out
was watchin kid with the golden arms last night, it gets better each time i watch it, i might have to cop the full length version, i hear theres about 30 mins missing on my version

Elaquent
08-27-2006, 12:05 PM
"that sounds pretty good, never heard of it, when was it made? shaw brothers?
i mite have to check it out
was watchin kid with the golden arms last night, it gets better each time i watch it, i might have to cop the full length version, i hear theres about 30 mins missing on my version"

not sure the exact date of Tiger Over Wall...but just judging by the fight choreography and its similarities to Fearless Dragon, i would guess it was made at around 1981 or so. thats just a guess tho. and no, its not a Shaw Brothers flick, its independent. u can get this flick along with Goose Boxer, on a double-feature Ground Zero dvd.

Kid with the Golden Arms is the truth..im glad ur likin it more and more...and yeah, im guessing u have the same Ground Zero dvd that i have..which is only like 71 minutes long. theres at least 20 or 25 minutes cut off of that version. theres a copy in circulation which retains most of the cut 20 minutes, but instead, they cut out much of the violence. guess we'll have to wait until Celestial puts it out...which may be a while.

ShaDynasty
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
yo i watched 5 fingers of death today
that shit is dope, im not gonna review it, but its fuckin dope, fights are surprisingly good (lol @ red paint lookin blood tho), strong characters and everything
hey elaquent are theyre any other fu flicks i shud know about where lo lieh is a good guy? he played the role quite well

Elaquent
08-27-2006, 08:02 PM
hmmm...i would have to do some research on that one...i'll get back to u on that point...personally 5 Fingers of Death aka King Boxer is the only hero role ive ever seen Lo Lieh play. im kinda surprised he didnt try more heroic roles either, i thought he did a great job...then again, hes a great villain in everything hes in too. 5 fingers of death is definetely a classic. i dont think he did many hero roles..hes been a typecast villain for the majority of his career.

ShaDynasty
08-27-2006, 08:11 PM
hmmm...i would have to do some research on that one...i'll get back to u on that point...personally 5 Fingers of Death aka King Boxer is the only hero role ive ever seen Lo Lieh play. im kinda surprised he didnt try more heroic roles either, i thought he did a great job...then again, hes a great villain in everything hes in too. 5 fingers of death is definetely a classic. i dont think he did many hero roles..hes been a typecast villain for the majority of his career.

okay duke, fist of the white lotus and executiners of shaolin are great films, but after seeing that i wanted somethin else. that film was supposed to be quite a success so im surprised too, and its too late for me to be trawlin thru imdb to find out what other shit hes done, whatever it is ill be happy to find out.

Grongle
08-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Watching Fist of legend now on UKTV ^O^

ShaDynasty
08-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Watching Fist of legend now on UKTV ^O^

haha, yeh i saw that that was on, i believe its a remake of bruce lees chinese connection, which is a dope film, i didnt watch it cos i had to bump 421 for the first time

100pr00f
08-29-2006, 06:34 PM
fist of legend with jet is my fav movie from jet a def must have

Elaquent
08-29-2006, 07:12 PM
fist of legend is definetely a classic, and arguably jet's best movie, period.

Os3y3ris
08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Elaquent is correct. Jet Li's best and a true classic.

Grongle
08-30-2006, 05:20 AM
fist of legend is definetely a classic, and arguably jet's best movie, period.

Wow what a film, that was classic! i gota get that :thumbup:

Grongle
08-30-2006, 05:21 AM
And its jet li week on uktv so there is a jet li film on evry night

Jet Set
08-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Is Lady Iron Monkey in someway connected with samples of Wu? Or is it just a random movie?

ShaDynasty
08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Is Lady Iron Monkey in someway connected with samples of Wu? Or is it just a random movie?

its sampled on 'hellz wind staff'

Jet Set
08-30-2006, 02:12 PM
I knew it. The name was just too familiar to me to be passed on as just another movie. If I recognize a name, there's a story behind that title.

Okay, so what's the sample we are talking about?

ShaDynasty
08-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I knew it. The name was just too familiar to me to be passed on as just another movie. If I recognize a name, there's a story behind that title.

Okay, so what's the sample we are talking about?

its actually a loop of the music, when theres like a string crescendo

Grongle
08-30-2006, 02:25 PM
The legend is on 2night but i have seen it before

Elaquent
08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
watch Fong Sai Yuk (the legend) in its original chinese form..much more enjoyable film there. another fav film of mine.

100pr00f
08-30-2006, 10:38 PM
yea both of them flicks are dope in the 2nd one jet walks in a allay type way with like 6 swords tied to em killing like 100's of guys haha

Grongle
08-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Jet Li The defender is on 2night

100pr00f
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
got my new batch in

the blade
stroke of death
magnificent wanderers
have sword, will travel

bullet in the head was sold out..now i will have to wait for that.....son of a bitch
but

did go to the mall 2day and found 1 flick.......

the killer

haha

peace

100pr00f
08-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Jet Li The defender is on 2night

not a bad movie its worth a watch..i like the enforcer better tho

Grongle
08-31-2006, 05:48 PM
watchin the defender now

Grongle
08-31-2006, 05:51 PM
hmmm looks like alota guns from the start

Elaquent
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Bodyguard from Beijing (The Defender) is a pretty underrated film if u ask me...its basically a HK spin off of Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard. good plot and all that, but as far as martial arts, theres very little overall. some cool gunfights tho. i'd give it a 4 overall...My Father is a Hero (the enforcer), i agree, is a better movie.

100p, thats a nice batch u got there...The Blade is a tight film..and u'll espeically like Stroke of Death..let me kno what u think of that, i think its an underrated gem.

ShaDynasty
09-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Bodyguard from Beijing (The Defender) is a pretty underrated film if u ask me...its basically a HK spin off of Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard. good plot and all that, but as far as martial arts, theres very little overall. some cool gunfights tho. i'd give it a 4 overall...My Father is a Hero (the enforcer), i agree, is a better movie.

100p, thats a nice batch u got there...The Blade is a tight film..and u'll espeically like Stroke of Death..let me kno what u think of that, i think its an underrated gem.

i flicked over onto it yesterday, theres some hilarious rugs goin on in that film

ShaDynasty
09-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Ninja In The Deadly Trap - 4.5/5
story wasnt amazing, but the cast, fights and style of the movie was dope
really enjoyed it
i understand its chang cheh directed but not shaw bros?

bob99digi
09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Ninja In The Deadly Trap - 4.5/5
story wasnt amazing, but the cast, fights and style of the movie was dope
really enjoyed it
i understand its chang cheh directed but not shaw bros?

ummm, I think that was Kuo Chui, Philip Kwok, the Lizard (whatever you may call him), first movie he directed. Prior to that I believe he was already doing stunt or fight choreography.

ShaDynasty
09-06-2006, 07:05 PM
ummm, I think that was Kuo Chui, Philip Kwok, the Lizard (whatever you may call him), first movie he directed. Prior to that I believe he was already doing stunt or fight choreography.

DIDNT CHANg cheh direct?!
it had chiang sheng, lu feng and ti lung as well
it was a very cool film
recomend this shit

bob99digi
09-07-2006, 01:13 PM
DIDNT CHANg cheh direct?!
it had chiang sheng, lu feng and ti lung as well
it was a very cool film
recomend this shit

nope, thats what i'm saying. I don't think this was a Chang Cheh movie. I think this was Kuo Chui's first movie that he directed. He had already been doing fight and/or stunt choreography for SB. Similar to Gordon Liu and how Wu Tang vs. Shaolin was his directorial debut.

ShaDynasty
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
nope, thats what i'm saying. I don't think this was a Chang Cheh movie. I think this was Kuo Chui's first movie that he directed. He had already been doing fight and/or stunt choreography for SB. Similar to Gordon Liu and how Wu Tang vs. Shaolin was his directorial debut.

yeah youre right philip kwok directed it
chang cheh is listed as an advisor, but on the back of my dvd case it says he was the producer of the film

bob99digi
09-08-2006, 10:47 AM
yeah youre right philip kwok directed it
chang cheh is listed as an advisor, but on the back of my dvd case it says he was the producer of the film

why is it that doesn't surprise me, lol. I've gotten movies saying "starring" someone and have them on the box only to watch the movie and not see them. Things aren't always too accurate with these old movies.

100pr00f
09-08-2006, 08:58 PM
picked up b-13 today

gotta say not a bad flick action was pretty good..and the movie was all action lol

a bit short tho...but def worth looking at.....

gave it a 4.5.....story was ok.....the story wasnt big at all ..the movie was realy just about the action...has the guy that jumps every were in pretty crazie

check it out ...
peace

ShaDynasty
09-08-2006, 09:01 PM
why is it that doesn't surprise me, lol. I've gotten movies saying "starring" someone and have them on the box only to watch the movie and not see them. Things aren't always too accurate with these old movies.

well yeah, but i think chang cheh was involved somehow in this film, it definetly seems that way
ps watched game of death to day lol
that film is a joke
like a few bruce lee fight scenes integrated with a buncha bullshit phoney bruce scenes
but the fight with sammo in the karate contest was dope

100pr00f
09-14-2006, 06:09 PM
update: killzone aka spl

pretty good flick...fights were very nice and some parts i was getting excited haha
story is ok a lil choppy
def worth a look in to
the fights are nice sammo still has some of his moves for a fat man haha

ill give it a 4.8

ShaDynasty
09-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Legendary Weapons Of China a.k.a Legendary Weapons Of Kung Fu - 5/5
this film is about pugilism, a sort of magic martial art. the best fighter leaves when the clan try to develop a shield against gunpower, afraid that people will get killed
he is dismissed as a traitor and a handful of fighters are sent to kill him (including gordon liu and kara hui) and he eventually wins (he even fights his own brother after becoming friends with the fighters sent after him)
this film is brilliant, its mostly about the fights and choreography, which are both incredible. theres also an array of great weapons used, good music, great characters and fu sheng even appears in a small role
in short this film is a muthafuckin classic
anyone else seen it?

100pr00f
09-15-2006, 09:22 PM
yea pretty dope but the copy i got was dark...and its the shit they put out in stores haha

but yea pretty dope flick

ShaDynasty
09-15-2006, 09:24 PM
yea pretty dope but the copy i got was dark...and its the shit they put out in stores haha

but yea pretty dope flick

i got, i think red sun remastered
i think that film is dope, definetly a classic
special effects were surprisingly gd too

100pr00f
09-18-2006, 12:53 PM
protecter=dope action
haha
it was nice..likle said befor story wasnt great tho..but action dope

if he can make a movie with a nice story line and with the same action man,... could be one of the best action flick of this time
...i and im hoping the movie he will be working on next year called sword will show,,,that...but for now we prolly will get another movie like this ...calld ong bak 2
i dont mind.....the bad story lines as he keeps throw some crazy ass moves in his flicks

but def want a good story line from him once
....o well

also rerelease of a movie he did in 99 will selves 2marrow the 19th

Elaquent
09-19-2006, 08:24 PM
glad you liked SPL 100p...spl was easily last years best HK actioner.

lost my internet connection, so i hadnt been around for a while..got it back now, so i'll be droppin reviews steadily.

100pr00f
09-20-2006, 08:28 PM
update: spirited killer

i dont think it was made in 99...low budget..and low quilty..hard to tell who was tony jaa...then neer the end i found out who he was...damn young in this flick...but not woth the money ....2 or 3 funny parts were a laff out load...but action aint like i thought it was..not nees and elbos..action was not great...thier was alot..but it all was just kick u around slice u wit a sword.....story was bad...the editing was realy bad

i rate this a 2

only becouse of the extras ....o well ill stick with the new tony jaa flicks

cant wait till ong bak 2

peace

Elaquent
09-20-2006, 10:48 PM
spirited killer defintely didnt come out 99. well, i shouldnt say "definetely" but im pretty sure it came out earlier..could be wrong.

i want to see this film.

100pr00f
09-21-2006, 06:35 AM
not that good tho

just to let u know
....jaa is youg ..its hard to tell who he was

haha

peace

100pr00f
09-27-2006, 02:11 PM
got a new batch of flicks

the savage 5
the sword staind with royal blood
lady kunk fu aka hapkido
5 super fighters
duel of the iron fist

Kong
09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
what you rate house of flying daggers as, i liked it a lot, 4/5

100pr00f
09-27-2006, 06:23 PM
i rated it as a 4..its a good movie...but ive seen better haha

Kong
09-27-2006, 06:31 PM
i still got ong bak on dvd to watch, not seen yet. watched that battle royale other day though, was fuckin goood.

100pr00f
09-27-2006, 08:25 PM
update: duel of the iron fist.........4.8

damn good movie
story was nice.. action great...would be better if thier was hand to hand fights but its all knife fights..but still good

also the ending was a bit to long...the part were ti lung and david chaing are dieing...could be cut some...it would be a 5 if those 2 things were done

haha

def pic this up also it has a sound that rza usesin in one of the tracks in 36 chambers

witch plays threw out the film

peace

Elaquent
09-28-2006, 03:00 AM
hey 100p, glad u liked it man...i strongly believe this is one of Chang Cheh's top 5 best films. which version did u watch? if u didnt watch the Celestial remastered version, be warned that approximately 15 or 20 minutes of footage has been cut from most other versions. ranges from story elements, fights adn gore. watching it uncut was great.

The Rover is one of my fav characters.

btw, i'd rate house of flying daggers a 3.7 or 3.8

100pr00f
09-28-2006, 06:41 AM
same here..loved the rover..yea i got the one that was long like 100 something mins long

pretty dope flick

and the flick was pretty bloody lol

blood splatered across walls and stuff

Elaquent
09-28-2006, 10:29 AM
yeah its a bloody ass flick. FYI theres like 4 or so diffreent versions....the Celestial one is the most uncut...it runs a lil over 2 hours if i remember correctly. too bad the rover's cough is never explained.

100pr00f
09-28-2006, 12:08 PM
yea i know..its prolly lung cancer..he allways smoken a cig
haha

100pr00f
09-30-2006, 09:09 PM
fearless...........

wow just saw it....story is the best ....fights were nice ashit ...

i have to say that is my fav jet li movie ..........even tho it was cut 40 mins..witch will be on the dvd ..witch i cant wait for

went their the place was pack..i was like looking at every one like yea half of them peaple will walk out cuz its just subbed...i was wrong peeps stayd and enjoyed it
after the end and i got in to my car ...i felt that i could just go and watch it agoin haha

but i didnt its too late ............

but damn if u havnt seen it go see it know...

peace

Elaquent
09-30-2006, 11:57 PM
glad u liked it. Fearless is easily the best film of the year. nothing has come close this year. Jet Li, Ronny Yu and Yuen Woo Ping really came thru big time. Jet's been on quite a roll..his last 4 or 5 movies have been very good..

100pr00f
10-04-2006, 07:36 AM
update: the savage 5

starring 2 fav actores ti lung and david chang

story is great ..lots fights
i rated this at 4.3 would be hight if i got a remasterd version
haha

any one els see this

u should try it if u havnt seen it

peace

bob99digi
10-04-2006, 11:13 AM

haha

any one els see this

peace

yep, I picked that up awhile ago. I can't remember anything about it other than the fact that I liked it. Probably a good time to watch it again.

Elaquent
10-05-2006, 01:35 PM
ive had the opportunity to grab savage 5...but i want to wait till celestial remastered it....the screenshots i saw of it look like someone wiped their ass with the print

100pr00f
10-06-2006, 08:59 AM
yes it is

its comming out soon

link

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.539674/qx/details.htm

ShaDynasty
10-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Hard Boiled - 5/5
im sure all yall seen it, boy that shit is incredible
story is chow yun fat as a cop who teams up with an undercover agent to stop the triads arms business and uncovers their cache hidden in a hospital
the mob boss blows the hospital up and his goons (including a great character for philip kwok) start shootin the patients. chow kills the muhfuckas in spectacular fashion
the gun slingin never stops, and the action scenes are inventive too
great film, classic

Elaquent
10-07-2006, 07:24 PM
haha, i told u so man...personlly i say Hardboiled > The Killer..love the killer tho. john woo and phillip kwok really outdid themselves on the action scenes in this one....the gun fights have not been surpassed before or after.

ShaDynasty
10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
haha, i told u so man...personlly i say Hardboiled > The Killer..love the killer tho. john woo and phillip kwok really outdid themselves on the action scenes in this one....the gun fights have not been surpassed before or after.

i dunno what was better, id have to watch the killer again to really make a comparison, there both great films
those action scenes are incredible, like chow yun fat was just blastin away, swingin on ropes and shit, and kwok was mad cool in that shit
i would have to say that film is probably the closest to true art there will ever be in an action movie

bob99digi
10-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I've always like Hard Boiled more. I think The Killer has a better story though.

ShaDynasty
10-11-2006, 06:18 PM
ima cop some of woos old real kf flicks soon
last hurrah for chivalry and hand of death look good

100pr00f
10-11-2006, 08:29 PM
sounds good.

i might pick them up too

100pr00f
10-12-2006, 06:59 AM
the remake of 5 deadly venoms

link

http://kungfucinema.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=9

what do u think

shaolinsword
10-12-2006, 07:16 AM
I only got shaolin & Wu tang + Wu tang Magic Kick (notice a link there?) so can someone recommend some decent chinese / cantonese ones but not the ones Jet li and jackie chan are in

ShaDynasty
10-13-2006, 02:14 PM
the remake of 5 deadly venoms

link

http://kungfucinema.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=9

what do u think
i feel sickened, i hate film remakes, all of them. the original film is ALWAYS better. i cant imagine them outdoing 5 deadly venoms, it would just be a bunch of fuckin CG and stunts and shit, fuck that
I only got shaolin & Wu tang + Wu tang Magic Kick (notice a link there?) so can someone recommend some decent chinese / cantonese ones but not the ones Jet li and jackie chan are in

uhh, the original '5 Deadly Venoms' from 1978, thats a fuckin world class film, pretty much any kf flick by the shaw brothers in the late seventies was dope

100pr00f
10-13-2006, 11:40 PM
agree with u

but i will see it when it drops...it wont be the same with out the venoms in it

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 06:39 AM
i aint going to see it even if it becomes a hit movie, ill just tell people about the original

hows lady snowblood?
i just bought it

100pr00f
10-14-2006, 08:10 AM
pretty good..a 5 in my book

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 08:13 AM
it looks bloody
ill watch it later

Ya_Bane
10-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Just saw the most recent Jurny around The World in 80 Days..

lol at them putting the Ten Tigers of Kwantung in that story... Pretty cool tho

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 10:27 AM
isnt that a jackie chan film?
with alan partridge?

Ya_Bane
10-14-2006, 08:20 PM
isnt that a jackie chan film?
with alan partridge?

Yeah. Jackie Chan turns even out to be one of the Ten Tigers. Pretty nice addition to the story, if they have to make additions at all. I'm sure the few who knows about the Ten Tigers of Kwantung appreciates it.

And I read about that remake of the Five Venoms. Interesting. Don't know if it's good or bad, probably mostly bad, but I'll watch it. It's cool they show love for the genre classics tho.

Peace

mantis_fist
10-14-2006, 08:28 PM

haha

any one els see this

peace

The remastered version is out. And this movie features a sample from a wu-tang song. Cant remeber the song at the moment.

FEARLESS is by far the best kung fu movie in about 5 years! Well the non us version. USA version is supposedly cut by 40 minutes!

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah. Jackie Chan turns even out to be one of the Ten Tigers. Pretty nice addition to the story, if they have to make additions at all. I'm sure the few who knows about the Ten Tigers of Kwantung appreciates it.

And I read about that remake of the Five Venoms. Interesting. Don't know if it's good or bad, probably mostly bad, but I'll watch it. It's cool they show love for the genre classics tho.

Peace

ive got the ten tigers film but only watched it once and cant remember it

lets get this straight, were talkin about the jackie film with partridge and schwarzanegger? cos i thought that shit was wack, my little brother subjected me to it a few months back

100pr00f
10-15-2006, 06:38 PM
update: the sword staind with royal blood

(celestial version subbed........)

pretty damn good flickk give it a 5

nice fights and story is great

def recomend this also 2 venoms are in this movie

i wanna know what others think of this..make this ur next pick up

also picked up a dvd player

Philips DVD Player (DVP642) (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Philips-DVD-Player-DVP642/sem/rpsm/oid/100066/catOid/-12873/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do)

50$ when i got it
u can hack it and make it reagion free .....

hack..........open tray to put dvd in leave open...on the controle hit 7,8,9 hit ok...then hit 0 ......

it donst say or do anything so u dont know its changed or not but just close dvd tray and it will play pal/nst or what ever and all reagions

pretty nice dvd player too

peace

brown_dogg
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
are all these old kung fu flicks with english dubbing? or are they in chinese but with english subtitles? i went to china town today and they had a few of em with english subtitles, but i wasn't sure if it was the right shit. if anyone could point me in the right direction, i wanna check some of these shits out.

100pr00f
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
The remastered version is out. And this movie features a sample from a wu-tang song. Cant remeber the song at the moment.

FEARLESS is by far the best kung fu movie in about 5 years! Well the non us version. USA version is supposedly cut by 40 minutes!

yea this is true cut by 40 mins

but when the dvd hits it will have it uncut

witch i cant wait for

100pr00f
10-15-2006, 06:41 PM
are all these old kung fu flicks with english dubbing? or are they in chinese but with english subtitles? i went to china town today and they had a few of em with english subtitles, but i wasn't sure if it was the right shit. if anyone could point me in the right direction, i wanna check some of these shits out.

depends on what u get

the old stuff is thats in the us.

but if u get celestial brand its subbed..witch i dont mind cuz its uncut and remasterd

what did u get

most of the flicks i got are dubbed
but have been getting all the rare flicks from celestial witch is pretty phat

i dont mind reading

Ya_Bane
10-16-2006, 09:32 AM
lets get this straight, were talkin about the jackie film with partridge and schwarzanegger? cos i thought that shit was wack, my little brother subjected me to it a few months back

yep, that's the one.

It still might be wack tho, that's a matter of taste, but it got the Ten Tigers in it indeed.

brown_dogg
10-16-2006, 10:43 PM
depends on what u get

the old stuff is thats in the us.

but if u get celestial brand its subbed..witch i dont mind cuz its uncut and remasterd

what did u get

most of the flicks i got are dubbed
but have been getting all the rare flicks from celestial witch is pretty phat

i dont mind reading

i'm not sure what they are, i can't check right now. but they're just bootleg copies of asian flicks with english subs. they're nothing original though, just bootlegs. how much are "celestial" brand movies usually?

100pr00f
10-17-2006, 12:09 AM
14 to 15 $

and the eng dubbed i get for like 8 to 10$ from redsun

J.T.S.
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Anyone seen "The Shogun's Revenge" ill moves ecspecially when they poison his master, and then he trains in the woods for 4 days wirth his masters spirit, and learns tiger style, and horse style fuckin' ill cult classic but hard as hell to find!

100pr00f
10-18-2006, 07:24 PM
update dragon in fury

o no....

man this is the wors flick ever lol

ok its a mix betwenchinese connection aka fist of fury and fist of legend

of dont know how they did it but gordon liu was in the first scean a s the master who dies
the main guy some what looks like bruse and uses his ooos and waahhhs in this when fighting some what of the same fight style of jets role also some one of the same stoy as fist of legend also same bad guy in fist of legnd ..that man still looks the same just his face is lil more looser haha

man the quitly sucks ass..look like a tv film but lesser like allmost homemade looking
englis dubbed is so monno tone had to switch it to its og lang...didnt held much

acting was horrable and the way they threy this togeater with the cammra effects and blurs and all that just fucked it up even more

dont get this flick

if u want it ill give u this one haha

ill give it a ....1

haha

peace

Elaquent
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM
haha i'll take it off ur hands 100p

100pr00f
10-19-2006, 06:51 AM
lol ull prolly throw it away
its that bad

ShaDynasty
10-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Lady Snowblood - 4/5
good flick, not as much action as id like, definite kill bill influence but good

Elaquent
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Lady Snowblood is really the foundations of Kill Bill. if u watch it really closely, theres much more subtle influence in there than one may initially see. even little things like that manga/anime segment to explain backstory.

glad u liked it, but i would avoid the Lady Snowblood sequel....not a bad movie, but not that good either. definetely a letdown comparison to the first..i'd give the 1st a 4.5 and the 2nd a 3.

100pr00f
10-27-2006, 01:42 PM
got some new flicks

shaolin hand lock........david chiang

shaolin avengers aka invincible kung fu brothers....chi kuan chun and fu sheng

wing chun..........donnie yen .. a yuen woo ping film

Elaquent
10-27-2006, 04:28 PM
wing chun is dope, i like that film a lot...michelle yeoh and donnie have great fights in it.

just saw Spirited Killer, gotta say its a pretty average film. the actual title of the film is Plook Mah Kuen (sp?) 4, and in comparison to Plook 1, spirited killer is very tame. the stories are identical, but the former came out around 10 years earlier...and its superior in every way...the fighting is WAY better and the stunts/falls are INSANE...theyre much tamer in spirited killer. there was also no tony jaa in the original, but panna was still the psycho killer, but he kicked much more ass.

i'd give spirited killer a 3/5, whereas, plook1 would get a 5/5 (as far as the action goes).

ShaDynasty
10-30-2006, 09:02 AM
just watched 'Bullet In The Head'
classic john woo film
the action scenes are fast paced and theres an explosion almost every second
its like woos take on the horrors of vietnam, and he does a good job of it
Tony Leung and Jackie Cheung provide some great acting
jackie is particularly impressive with his final scene as a drug crazed retard who has to be put out of his misery
anyway the film is unrelentingly violent, and also very tragic
definetly recomended

100pr00f
10-30-2006, 09:08 AM
def wanna get

its comming to the usa with a shit load of extras so ima wait for that
same for jackie chans police story 1 and 2

ShaDynasty
10-30-2006, 09:14 AM
http://img76.photobucket.com/albums/v232/thecurrentoutlook/bulletinthehead.jpg
if its the hk legends version itll be good
hk legends is always good films, perfect quality
this is the version i just watched, its got a whole disc, 5 hours of extras

you seen it before?

100pr00f
10-30-2006, 09:18 AM
no hk version like i said its comming to the stats from dragon dynisty

it will have over 5 hrs with interviews and shit
and the making

and what not

prolly the same as the hk vesion but with the option to set the eng dubb or og track

and it wont be as rare or hard to get
as is now

haha

never seen it yet

cant wait

ShaDynasty
10-30-2006, 09:25 AM
mine has the subtitles and dubbing option
i watched it with the dub
its a really good film, youre in for a treat, especially if you like vietnam movies
got it in a 3 pack with once a thief and the killer
i never seen 'once a thief' so it should be a good film
i only had the killer on vhs before so its gonna be good to watch it with decent picture quality

100pr00f
10-30-2006, 09:35 AM
nice were u get that at...lol

i tried getting the flick some time ago

but its allways not in stock so ima wait till it drops here

ShaDynasty
10-30-2006, 09:55 AM
if you have a multi region player, then you can order the boxset from amazon.co.uk or possibly .com

tekunique
10-30-2006, 10:42 PM
can i request one thing that yall list the year of when the movie was made if you post it ? peace.

Elaquent
11-01-2006, 06:28 AM
spirited killer = 1994
police story 1 = 1985
shaolin handlock = 1978 or 79
wing chun = 1994
bullet in the head = 1990
shaolin avengers = 1976

ShaDynasty
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
i wanna see wing chun
whos in it?
i think i seen michele yeoh?

100pr00f
11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
michele yeoh
donnie yen

pretty good flick pick it up

peace

tekunique
11-01-2006, 10:23 AM
i wanna see wing chun
whos in it?
i think i seen michele yeoh?

http://i.imdb.com/f9.gif
Yong Chun (1994 (http://imdb.com/Sections/Years/1994))

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/47/84/75m.jpg Directed by
Woo-ping Yuen (http://imdb.com/name/nm0950759/)

Writing credits
Elsa Tang (http://imdb.com/name/nm0849283/) (written by)

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/15/35/70/10.gif (http://imdb.com/rg/TITLETRA_BIGSTICK/maindetails/title/tt0111800/trailers-screenplay-E11888-10-2) http://i.imdb.com/f312.gif (http://imdb.com/mymovies/list?pending&add=0111800)Add to MyMovies (http://imdb.com/mymovies/list?pending&add=0111800) http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I//76/37/00/10.gif (http://imdb.com/rg/deeplink-title//http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0111800/)IMDbPro Details (http://imdb.com/rg/deeplink-title//http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0111800/) Genre: Action (http://imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Action/) / Drama (http://imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Drama/) (more) (http://imdb.com/rg/title-tease/keywords/title/tt0111800/keywords)

Plot Summary: Wing Chun, a woman living in a remote village often pillaged by robbers. When Wing Chun finally loses her cool and defeats them... (more) (http://imdb.com/rg/title-tease/plotsummary/title/tt0111800/plotsummary) (view trailer) (http://imdb.com/rg/title-tease/trailers/title/tt0111800/trailers)

User Comments: The Best Kung Fu Movie Of All Time! (more) (http://imdb.com/title/tt0111800/#comment)

User Rating: http://i.imdb.com/goldstar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/goldstar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/goldstar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/goldstar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/goldstar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/goldstar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/goldstar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/greystar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/greystar.gifhttp://i.imdb.com/greystar.gif (http://imdb.com/rg/title-tease/rating-stars/title/tt0111800/ratings) 7.2/10 (654 votes) http://i.imdb.com/f45.gif (http://imdb.com/rg/title-tease/rating-vote/title/tt0111800/ratings)

Credited cast: http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/89/06/12t.jpg (http://imdb.com/rg/title-tease/tinyhead/name/nm0000706/)
Michelle Yeoh (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000706/) .... Yim Wing Chunhttp://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/38/87/22t.jpg (http://imdb.com/rg/title-tease/tinyhead/name/nm0947447/)
Donnie Yen (http://imdb.com/name/nm0947447/) .... Leung Pok To (as Yen Chi Tan)http://imdb.com/images/b.gifKing-Tan Yuen (http://imdb.com/name/nm0950738/) .... Abacus Fonghttp://imdb.com/images/b.gifCatherine Hung Yan (http://imdb.com/name/nm0402175/) .... Charmy (as Catherine Hung)http://imdb.com/images/b.gifWaise Lee (http://imdb.com/name/nm0498429/) .... Scholar Wong (as Lee Chi Hung)http://imdb.com/images/b.gifNorman Chu (http://imdb.com/name/nm0160865/) .... Flying Monkey (as Chui Siu Keung)http://imdb.com/images/b.gifPei-pei Cheng (http://imdb.com/name/nm0155607/) .... Nun Ng Mui - Wing Chun's teacher

ShaDynasty
11-01-2006, 10:24 AM
aiight ill check it out, yuen woo pings one of my favorite directors

ShaDynasty
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
just bought:
36 deadly styles
Iron Fisted Monk
Odd Couple

100 proof and elaquent give me some opinions please

100pr00f
11-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Iron Fisted Monk
Odd Couple

nice flicks u will like alot

both 4.5 to 5 star flicks for me

hard

u tell me what u think when ur done watching um

peace

100pr00f
11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
got some new flicks in

ode to gallantry.....the nenoms 2nd to last flick so it was said

executioners from shaolin.......lo lieh

eastern condors.....sammo hung .. yuen woo ping

the myth........jackie chan

bob99digi
11-10-2006, 09:50 AM
got some new flicks in

ode to gallantry.....the nenoms 2nd to last flick so it was said

executioners from shaolin.......lo lieh

eastern condors.....sammo hung .. yuen woo ping

the myth........jackie chan

You've never seen executioners?

Ode to gallantry - its been so long since i've seen it, and my copy wasn't good, but I think that movie was a little dissapointing. Do you know if thats the movie where Kuo Chui plays two roles? Maybe i'm thinking of "Sword Stained w/ Royal Blood".

100pr00f
11-11-2006, 09:13 AM
You've never seen executioners?

Ode to gallantry - its been so long since i've seen it, and my copy wasn't good, but I think that movie was a little dissapointing. Do you know if thats the movie where Kuo Chui plays two roles? Maybe i'm thinking of "Sword Stained w/ Royal Blood".

never seen it...also not sure havnt watched ode yet...it only had 3 stars so thats prolly it..i got the good copy from celestial

bob99digi
11-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Executioners of shaolin is I believe a continuation to Fist of the White Lotus, a loose continuation. I like this movie a lot. Theres some slow points with the story, but not too bad.

100pr00f
11-13-2006, 07:59 PM
update ..eastern condors....sammop hung

its a war flick from yuen woo ping

pretty damn dope...got some things were i laffd out loud lol

action was good too

def pick this up if ur a sammo hung, yuen woo ping, yuen biao...fan

also stars ...miss hong kong..mina joyce godenz

ill give this a 4.5

i wanna hear what u guys will say after watching this

peace

100pr00f
11-14-2006, 01:21 PM
update: ode to gallantry

yes this is the one were philip kwok has 2 roles

i dont know i thout this was a good one

cuz kwok is my fav venom i cuss

got some comdy in this one
not alot of fight sceans but i thoungth the story was good

i gave this a 4

peace

bob99digi
11-15-2006, 08:55 AM
update: ode to gallantry

yes this is the one were philip kwok has 2 roles

i dont know i thout this was a good one

cuz kwok is my fav venom i cuss

got some comdy in this one
not alot of fight sceans but i thoungth the story was good

i gave this a 4

peace

he's my favorite venom as well, followed by 'the apprentice' chiang sheng. Its hard for me to remember, thats why i didn't want to say much and give you bad impressions goin in. My copy wasn't that great either, actually it was pretty bad, bought it and watched it back in like 2000. I've also never been into the comedy aspect of kung fu movies that much. I need to get a good copy and watch this again. Glad you liked it.

Wu-Tality
11-15-2006, 02:07 PM
After watching House of Flying Daggers for the second time, I start to like it more than Hero.

Mr.Makaveli
11-18-2006, 03:53 PM
is there a way to share movies on this site? Or Does anyone know of a site thats good for sharing kung fu flicks???

Wu-Tality
11-19-2006, 05:44 AM
The Store

100pr00f
11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
got some new flicks

vengeance............ti lung, and david chang
the flying guillotine............chen kuan tai
boxer from shantung...........ching li, david chang
the 14 amazons
a touch of zen

Elaquent
11-22-2006, 03:40 PM
whats up yall

ive been ghost for quite some time now....been devoting all my time as of late to school and making beats....i havent watched any kung fu flix for eons. but im gonna try and start watchin things again.

100p, eastern condors aint a Yuen Woo Ping flick. he just has a cameo in it. the film was directed by Sammo Hung. woo ping didnt even handle the action either, that was done by sammo, corey yuen, and other members of sammo's stunt team. nevertheless, its a good flick, i just wish it had a lil more action in it.

i love boxer from shantung, imo its one of chang cheh's best flix. chen kuan tai really shines in that flick. if u enjoy that, check out the modern remake (also produced by SB in 97 i think) called Hero...starring yuen biao, directed by Corey Yuen.

i put my pride aside and decided to buy Duel to Death. ive heard nothin but good things about it, but im not a wuxia person...i'll be back with the review soon enuff.

Elaquent
11-22-2006, 03:42 PM
"Executioners of shaolin is I believe a continuation to Fist of the White Lotus, a loose continuation. I like this movie a lot. Theres some slow points with the story, but not too bad."

ur almost correct..u just got it the other way around. Executioners came out first, and FotWL is a loose remake/sequel/continuation of executioners. executioners came out in 77, whereas white lotus came out in 81 or 82 i think. personally i think executioners is a better overall film, but white lotus has better fights, and the pai mei character is more interesting in it. both flix are still classix.

Alcryt
11-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Anyone know where i can get the original Five Deadly Venoms on dvd? i checked amazon but it says its the american region.
I really want this film looks awesome :thumbup:

Elaquent
11-23-2006, 05:31 PM
www.hkflix.com

Alcryt
11-24-2006, 06:23 AM
Cheers!!

Wu-Tality
11-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Five Venoms is ill

100pr00f
11-24-2006, 10:59 AM
www.hkflix.com (http://www.hkflix.com)

that were i have been getting all my shit as of late..u can get the real shit thier

peace

Elaquent
11-24-2006, 12:01 PM
yeah hkflix has a great catalog of movies. some of them are a lil pricey, but generally, i find prices to be fair, and service quite good. and they get a lot of stuff that other places dont have...in all available regioins too.

Elaquent
11-24-2006, 05:52 PM
review: Duel to the Death

wuxia really aint my thing but i gave this film a chance. its a very good film...IF its ur style. i liked the movie, but its not a movie i can see myself watching again. the story was very good, and didnt rely overly on romance and fantasy like other wuxia flix. i really liked the emphasis on honour from Tsui Siu Keung (the japanese guy's), and damian lau's characters. the sideplots to the upcoming duel were interesting too. what was also interesting was the inclusion of Casanova Wong and his irrelevance to the film aside from providing a really good fight midway thru. seems at the time thats all he was getting out of Golden Harvest..a token fight lol..no complaints, i still liked his fight.

the fights were a mixed bag to me...a few of the fights were really good, such as the first hand to hand fight, and tsui siu keung's first fight with his master, and the swordfight between damian lau and that girl (in typical Ching Siu Tung fashion i might add), but other fights just didnt do it for me with the super-fast editing and wirework (which is rare in oldskool flix) in other fights. some of it is really bloody, but some of the editing is way too fast, especially the finale. granted, theres really no way else it couldve been done, but it was straining my eyes. ovreall it was pretty good, but didnt hit me with lasting appeal.

solid flick, i'd give it a 4 as a film..but since wuxia flix dont quite do it for me, i'm droppin to a 3.5 personally. definetely one of the better/best wuxia flix ive seen, but i personally would never watch it again.

getting these flix in the mail real soon, any reviews?:

Kung Fu Instructor (ti lung)
Crystal Fist/Jade Claw (Blily Chong)
Pantyhose Hero (Sammo Hung)
Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon (Sammo Hung)
The Tournament (Angela Mao)
Tiger Cage 1 (Yuen Woo Ping)

ShaDynasty
11-24-2006, 06:22 PM
^^^kung fu instrustor is dope, great story, action and atmosphere to that flick

just watched 'Iron Fisted Monk'
alright flick, better than average fight scenes, but an awkward plot with an intro that didnt really introduce the characters properly
3.5/5

Elaquent
11-24-2006, 09:02 PM
i liked iron fisted monk a lot. it was Sammo's first film, and i really didnt have any problem with it, aside from the uneven-ness...itll go from a brutal rape scene to a comedy scene with little transition. otherwise, the story was cliche, but entertaining, and the fights were way above average (for 1977). id give it a 4

100pr00f
11-24-2006, 09:12 PM
i gave iron fisted monks a higher ratting prolly cuz i saw tits haha

kung fu instructore...heard it was good..i need to cop it siin also skinny tiger faty dragon

heard it was just ok....but u tell us what u think of it ...if its worth having in my collection

peace

ShaDynasty
11-25-2006, 08:32 AM
watched 'the odd couple'
decent flick id give it a 4/5, again the martial arts and locations were great to watch but it was let down by the story about 2 kung fu masters pitting their students against each other
worth seeing

Elaquent
11-25-2006, 10:05 AM
i liked odd couple a lot. my ONLY gripes with that film were 2 things: the RIDICULOUS undercranking (speeding up) of some of the fight scenes, and the god awful comedy. otherwise, everything else was very interesting and entertaining. dont remember what i gave it b4, either a 4 or 4.5

ShaDynasty
11-25-2006, 10:12 AM
yeah i remember the speeding up, i was actually watching it while i was puffing trees and for a while i thought it wasnt sped up and the trees was messing with my head

Kong
11-25-2006, 12:30 PM
someone needs to do a martial arts torrent site. I think we got a couple magnet links martial arts movies on raplevel. I'll add more if people intrested.

TheMostBeautifullest
11-26-2006, 03:00 PM
here is my collection

the prodigal son 5.5
iron monkey 5.0
disciple of shaolin master 3.0
south shaolin master 4.0
master killer 5.5
return of the master killer 5.0
iron fisted monk 4.0
shaolin and wu tang 4.0
the blade 4.5
warriors two 5.0
fist of legend 5.5
ong-bak 4.0
crouching tiger hidden dragon 4.0
come drink with me 5.0
enter the invincible hero 3.5
samurai 1 Musashi Miyamoto 5.0
lady snowblood 5.5
kid with the golden arms 5.0
mad monkey kung fu 5.0
shaolin Vs lama 5.5
lion Vs lion 5.0
ten tigers of kwantung 5.0
the five deadly venoms 5.5

www.kungfucinema.com this site is good for reviews i agree with most of there reviews so it is a good site to find some more classic kung fu flicks to add to your collection.

RAMESH
11-26-2006, 04:37 PM
i'm glad to see that alot of you enjoy kung fu movies

100pr00f
11-27-2006, 07:04 AM
no doubt check my list lol

got any flicks

TheMostBeautifullest
11-28-2006, 01:15 PM
here is my collection

the prodigal son 5.5
iron monkey 5.0
disciple of shaolin master 3.0
south shaolin master 4.0
master killer 5.5
return of the master killer 5.0
iron fisted monk 4.0
shaolin and wu tang 4.0
the blade 4.5
warriors two 5.0
fist of legend 5.5
ong-bak 4.0
crouching tiger hidden dragon 4.0
come drink with me 5.0
enter the invincible hero 3.5
samurai 1 Musashi Miyamoto 5.0
lady snowblood 5.5
kid with the golden arms 5.0
mad monkey kung fu 5.0
shaolin Vs lama 5.5
lion Vs lion 5.0
ten tigers of kwantung 5.0
the five deadly venoms 5.5

www.kungfucinema.com this site is good for reviews i agree with most of there reviews so it is a good site to find some more classic kung fu flicks to add to your collection.

100pr00f
11-28-2006, 06:43 PM
didnt u allready post this haha

any way nice list

recluse
11-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Ill post my collection when I get home. Off top of my head I would recommend Born Invincible to anyone that hasnt seen it.

Elaquent
11-29-2006, 05:47 AM
born invincible is dope

100pr00f
11-29-2006, 06:47 AM
sadly i havnt gotten it yet..haha its on list to get tho

TheMostBeautifullest
11-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Has anybody seen the Samurai trilogy
i have the first one it is very good not much action but great story
but im not sure if i should get the other two.
There based on this book called Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa its supposed to be very good.

100pr00f
11-29-2006, 12:46 PM
yea ima get the collection soon..havnt seen em..but heard all 3 were good

Elaquent
11-30-2006, 02:26 PM
most pre 70s samurai flix (and even many 70s samurai flix) are very light on action, but are rich in story and characters. many ppl see Lone Wolf and Cub as their first samurai flick, and assume that level of action is in the rest of them, which is not the case.

num2son
11-30-2006, 08:05 PM
i'm glad to see that alot of you enjoy kung fu movies

http://www.shawscope.com/

You might like this too.

100pr00f
12-01-2006, 10:52 AM
yea i like that place...ill post up some of the links i like to go to soon

Elaquent
12-03-2006, 11:21 PM
review: Iron Fist

this is a chinese TV series made in like 97 maybe?, starring Fan Siu Wong (story of ricky), Moon Lee, and even good ol Johnny Wang Lung Wei. because its like a 30 episode series condenced into 3 1/2 hours, u can only expect much of the plot to be cut out. theres a fight pretty much every 5 minutes. and for a tv show, theyre quite good. fan siu wong is an awesome martial artist, u wouldnt kno he was so good judging by riki-oh. also check out Death Games if u can somehow find it, hes on fire in that. Wang Lung Wei is the truth tho....hes still great with his hands, and despite being doubled quite a bit...still looks like hes in great shape. wang lung wei is my fav classic kung fu villain, so it was great seeing him fight again 20 yrs later.

cant critique the story, cuz so much is cut, but the fights are very good. gets a 4 from me. and its 3 1/2 hours long of almost pure fighting!! if ur one of the ppl who dont care about story, this will be a good investment.

100pr00f
12-04-2006, 07:11 AM
yea im suprised at tv shows like this..i got a couple and the fights arnt bad.........

also damn the thread is a sticky
lol

prolly didnt need it
cuz this thread is active and is alllways at the top anyway
but maby it will help others to join in also

maybe get addictid to kung fu flicks like ma

haha

peace

TAURO
12-04-2006, 08:26 AM
I've got a decent collection of martial arts films my self........I will post a list up at some point.

100pr00f
12-04-2006, 09:04 AM
cool another kung fu head haha

check the front page if u havnt i update my list like evry week

ShaDynasty
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
i watched 'once a thief' (4.3/5)
good film, not one of woos best
but i can definetly see myself watching it again, good characters and actors
chow yun fat steals the show as is only right
muhfuckas stealin paintings, a shootout at the end
good shit
the 'comical' outro was the only part that was questionable

100pr00f
12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
yea i thought that movie was dope too

ShaDynasty
12-04-2006, 05:06 PM
woo got an ability to make a story like that work

also watched 36 deadly styles
that shit was ehhh
id give it 3/5
probably the worst joseph kuo joint i seen
and given the cast: hwang jang lee, bolo, ghostface, jack long
it should have been better
still it was alright, the fights were good, and bolo had incredible hair

100pr00f
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
lol bolo was in 14 amazons

it was a ok movie it was all chick fighters fighting ...
not bad tho

i gave it a 3.8

Elaquent
12-14-2006, 04:05 PM
just watched Instant Kung Fu Man and Tiger Cage 1

Instant Kung Fu man is a silly kung fu comedy starring John Liu, Hwang Jang Lee, and that guy from Snuff Bottle Connection. made in 77. Yuen Woo Ping and Yuen Cheung Yan handled the action. the 2 fights between liu and hwang are sick...well, all the fights are very good for the time. however, these are bogged down by a tedious story, and a lack of john liu. despite his star billing, he only appears in about 15-20% of the movie. i'd give it a 3.7, mainly cuz of the fights

ive seen Tiger Cage 2, but not Tiger Cage 1...theyre thankfully unrelated. anyways, Tiger Cage 1 stars Jackie Cheung, Simon Yam and Donnie Yen. the plot is very engaging, and without giving any of it away, its a dope conspiracy thriller. movie is directed by Yuen Woo Ping, and action is choreographed by him, his brothers, and Donnie Yen. despite the talent involved, theres very little action. if uve seen in the line of duty 4, u know about Michael Woods..he has a good fight with donnie. the finale has some solid action, but its very short, and most of the cast are not trained martial artists. still good tho. film gets a 4 from me.

bob99digi
12-15-2006, 11:14 AM
just watched Instant Kung Fu Man and Tiger Cage 1

Instant Kung Fu man is a silly kung fu comedy starring John Liu, Hwang Jang Lee, and that guy from Snuff Bottle Connection. made in 77. Yuen Woo Ping and Yuen Cheung Yan handled the action. the 2 fights between liu and hwang are sick...well, all the fights are very good for the time. however, these are bogged down by a tedious story, and a lack of john liu. despite his star billing, he only appears in about 15-20% of the movie. i'd give it a 3.7, mainly cuz of the fights

I had this movie now for a couple years, i've tried watching it a bunch of times and i never make it past 30mins. I agree with what you've said. I need to finish watchin it though.

100pr00f
12-18-2006, 09:46 PM
just got

boxer rebellion
the deadly breaking sword

tomarrow i will get

fearless....jet li
police story....jackie chan ...rerelease from dragon dynsty

100pr00f
12-19-2006, 01:37 PM
update: police story

damn this is a nice fick ...havent seen it till now...action was nice some good stunts and the story is good...also it has some good comdy not that cheesy stuff eather....def recomend this flick

if u havnt seen it ..u gotta get it

ill give this a 5.5
peace

Elaquent
12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
PS is a classic...jackie's best modern film.

just watched 2 sammo flix: Pantyhose Hero and Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon..

Pantyhose Hero: dont kno where to start..here's teh synopsis..sammo and alan tang are 2 undercover cops who pose as homosexuals at gay bars in order to find clues about a gay serial killer! LOL...depending on ur beliefs, u can either think this movie is real funny, or u'll be real offended..fight scenes are off the chains, real intense and hardhitting...plot is..questionable...personally i found some of the jokes real funny, and some scenes were a lil too....gay...for my tastes...but overall, its an entertaining flick, thats for sure. 4/5..or 2/5 depending on ur tastes....but he fights are intense, theres no debating that..

Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon..directed by Lau Kar Wing, starrin sammo and karl maka...lots of comedy in this, most of it is real funny...theres about 4 action scenes, but they are intense! sammo does some bruce lee like fighting in it, its jokes...a fun, silly movie, that entertains. 4/5 from me.

100pr00f
12-21-2006, 06:14 PM
update: fearless............again haha

well just watched the dvd....

and still gotta say this is one of the best ma flicks Ive seen

story is 100% satisfying thats something u dont get in alot of ma films

and that we get to see jet throw real punches at his speed..
some what haha

the dubbin is ok i like the subs better it explains everything better..

the extras are cool...the making of....is nice..also has a cut scene of the one fight against the Thia boxer..witch was nics..but i also agree with cutting it also
cuz of jet showing his true power at the end and the opponent respecting it reveled at the end is nice but if u had 2 scenes alike ..were the opponent knows jets true power ..it would make the last one seem watered down less dramatic........any one feel me on this one.......

im still waiting for the uncut version tho with the 40 min cut scenes

gotta give this a 5.5

peace

Elaquent
12-21-2006, 07:16 PM
yeah, plus the actual fight itself wasnt much of a fight. one of jet's best flix, glad u enjoyed it. if ur holdin off for the uncut version...u'll be waiting for a while..

100pr00f
12-21-2006, 07:44 PM
haha yees i know..i didnt hold off i mean i got the dvd that just came out

but when that uncut one comes out ima pick it up

Elaquent
12-24-2006, 06:57 PM
review: fearless master

wow, this is truly the worst kung fu movie ive ever seen...couldnt even bring myself to finish it. the only reason i bought it was cuz on the dvd packaging, it claims the action was done by the same team that did snake in the monkey's shadow, and drunken master..which is an outright lie...in fact, it was different teams on those drunken master and snake in the monkeys shadow...shouldve known better..

anyways, these are some of the worst choreographed fights ive ever seen...like, i mean REALLY bad fights...didnt care for this at all...
so im givin it a 0.5/5..which is probably the lowest rating ive given any movie. STAY AWAY! the dvd itself aint bad, and it features clips of rza doin kung fu with robert tai lol...and its got civilringz makin a beat which was entertainin to me at least..

100pr00f
12-25-2006, 07:09 PM
update: the deadly breaking sword.....

pretty damn nice ti lung , fu sheng
great story and fights are nice more of a sword fight type flick with some good foot work

fu sheng if funny in this and it ain't the dumb funny were u cant stand him...he was great in this

the story ...

ti lung is a very confidant fighter as he sets up fight with only well known martial artest...he buys a casket and digs the barreul befor the fights knowing he he is going to win

and dosnt fight with his sword till he knows ur worthy but he tells the other fighters one the sword leaves its sleeve ur dead and its true he dost cut heads he stabs the sword to Peirce the bone and breaks part of the sword off into his opponet...pretty tight

if u havent seen it check it out

i give this a 5

peace

100pr00f
12-25-2006, 07:14 PM
wow this last flick i know own 282 ma flicks

with about 5 on its way 287

i got way to many flicks

100pr00f
12-25-2006, 07:15 PM
update: the deadly breaking sword.....

pretty damn nice ti lung , fu sheng
great story and fights are nice more of a sword fight type flick with some good foot work

fu sheng if funny in this and it ain't the dumb funny were u cant stand him...he was great in this

the story ...

ti lung is a very confidant fighter as he sets up fight with only well known martial artest...he buys a casket and digs the barreul befor the fights knowing he he is going to win

and dosnt fight with his sword till he knows ur worthy but he tells the other fighters one the sword leaves its sleeve ur dead and its true he dost cut heads he stabs the sword to Peirce the bone and breaks part of the sword off into his opponet...pretty tight

if u havent seen it check it out

i give this a 5

peace

repeat

num2son
12-25-2006, 11:15 PM
i got way to many flicks

LOL, maybe, but that shows the love you have for kung fu flicks or addiction.

TAURO
12-25-2006, 11:56 PM
I have about 40 dvds in my collection and it's steadily growing, current favourates are:

Drunken Master (Jackie Chan)
Shaolin vs Lama
Iron Monkey
18 Bronzmen
Once upon a time in china 1&2 (I hate part 3)

Elaquent
12-26-2006, 01:03 AM
im pushin close to 350 now, altho i got a good 50 i aint watched.

IrOnMaN
01-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Unleashed was to much for me. Shit was crazy.:ouch:

100pr00f
01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
uleashed was dope..if like jet li def gotta checkl fearless

Elaquent
01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Danny the Dog/Unleashed IMO was jet li's best modern action movie since My Father is a Hero/Jet Li's the Enforcer

TAURO
01-04-2007, 01:18 AM
I only ever liked Jet Li's period movies, the rest of them sucked especially the american ones.

Note: haven't seen unleased yet.

Lil' Ruger
01-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Unleashed was to much for me. Shit was crazy.:ouch:

serious?

uleashed was dope..if like jet li def gotta checkl fearless

unleashed was crazy dude was like a dog and shit...fearless was just crazy battle arena type shit.

Elaquent
01-04-2007, 05:51 PM
"I only ever liked Jet Li's period movies, the rest of them sucked especially the american ones."

My Father is a Hero/Jet Li's the Enforcer - 4.5
Kiss of the Dragon - 4
Danny the Dog - 5
Dragon Fight - 3.5
Hitman - 4
Bodyguard from Beijing - 4
romeo must die - 2.5
cradle to the grave - 2
the one - 3

V4D3R
01-09-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.demonoid.com/files/?category=1&subcategory=All&language=0&quality=All&seeded=0&external=2&query=shaolin&uid=0&sort=

100pr00f
01-09-2007, 05:43 PM
cool...to bad i have em all lol
i would like to get shaolin wooden men but every one saying it was bad quilty ...........

Elaquent
01-10-2007, 11:05 AM
shaolin wooden man aint the best quality...but at least its widescreen.

100pr00f
01-10-2007, 10:22 PM
got some ne flicks

all men are brothers...........water margen 2
born invicible
come drink with me
the flying guillotine 2
the secret of the shaolin poles

Elaquent
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
out of those flix ive only seen born invincible and secret of shaolin poles...and part of flying guillotine 2...

as long as u can accept that the story is non existent in born invincible, u'll love it. the villains are dope and the fights are even doper. good ol Jo Kuo...

secret of shaolin poles stars meng fei and yasuaki kurata...Lau Kar Leung choreographed this indie flick, but didnt direct....good story accompanies even better action. a definete underrated flick. u should like it.

100pr00f
01-12-2007, 06:54 AM
i gave born invincible a 3.8....like u said really no story but thier are alot of fights

100pr00f
01-13-2007, 02:19 PM
update...secret of the shaolin poles

its was a good flick i give it a 4.2

would be hight if they would of filled the gaps

fights are good..story is ok

the quilty of the dvd aint reall good but aint too bad

peace

100pr00f
01-16-2007, 12:32 PM
got some new flicks

the protector....tony jaa
seven swords

rubyspirit
01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
I got several movies from a friend recently. Haven't had time to watch them yet.

Assassination (or Ansatsu)
Samurai Assassin
Bloody Tie (directed by Choi Ho)
The One-Armed Swordsman
The Story of Ricky Oh
Harakiri
Double Suicide

100pr00f
01-22-2007, 05:35 AM
got some good movies in that list

100pr00f
02-02-2007, 09:26 PM
got some new flics been some time ..i usly get em every 2 weeks...haha

iron fingers of death ti lung .
the heroes..............ti lung
the jade tiger..........ti lung
the six directions of boxing........david chang

school of shaoling aka iron monky

also got some wack ass asian porno type flick that wasnt porno lol
i had to fill the 5 $ extra gap so i get free shipping 49$ for free shipping...so i looked for a cheap 5$ flick ..no kunk fu ones i wanted so i got a exotic type flick

i watched with my finger on the f button saw some tittys and pussy but nothing to fancy no sex lol

i threw it away

THEORY
02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Where you order your movies from?

100pr00f
02-03-2007, 06:27 AM
hkflix.com

THEORY
02-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Cool, I got to check them out. I need to rebuild my collection on dvd. I sold my collection of vhs Kung Fu joints when my son was born 5 yrs ago.

100pr00f
02-07-2007, 01:28 PM
hit this thread up when u get some and drop some reviews

Elaquent
02-08-2007, 12:41 PM
The Heroes (Ti Lung) is a fantastic film, with crappy production values.

num2son
02-09-2007, 06:31 PM
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v235852fW2Pc64C?searchId=7c9bfd15106fc80c

I cant believe i found this whole movie online

5 Deadly Venoms

100pr00f
02-09-2007, 06:31 PM
the heroes

yea pretty dope flick

i give it a 4.5
nice fights

100pr00f
02-10-2007, 08:34 PM
update the jade tiger....ti lung

not a bad flick nice story a lot of twists...mostly a sword flick

i gave it a 4.5

TAURO
02-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Proof could you post a link or a picture of the cover to drunken Master 2 with jackie chan because I have been left confused with so many movies using the drunken master name yet none seem to have chan in it?

100pr00f
02-10-2007, 11:18 PM
drunken master.....

http://www.jadeleung.com/images/art/mdv392d.jpg (http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/catnumber.mdv392d/number.1/qx/screens.htm)

drunken master 2 ....usa title = the legend of drunken master...

http://www.jadeleung.com/images/art/786936151268.jpg (http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/catnumber.786936151268/number.1/qx/screens.htm)

TAURO
02-11-2007, 09:41 AM
I have the first drunken master, thats easy enough to find but over here there is a movie called drunken Master 2 but Jackie is not in it.

100pr00f
02-11-2007, 11:28 AM
mmm i looked it up just now to try and find one with out jackie and couldnt find one

the one with jackie was made in 94

wubandana
02-11-2007, 09:41 PM
wow, extensive lists, very nice!

100pr00f
02-12-2007, 11:11 AM
fo sho ...i update the list all the time too ....

TAURO
02-12-2007, 11:45 AM
mmm i looked it up just now to try and find one with out jackie and couldnt find one

the one with jackie was made in 94

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/Tauro02/100000000242833.jpg

This was the movie I was reffering to specificlly, It's called Dance of the drunken mantis-drunken master 2 and actually was the offical sequel to the original since everyone came back except for Jackie Chan, he returned to the role in 94 and made his own sequel.

I found this out after some googling.

100pr00f
02-12-2007, 11:49 AM
yea i seen that one when i looked it up but it was called dance of the drunken master...never heard of it

front.Porch
02-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Legend Of The Drunken Master.... man i love that movie.

100pr00f
02-12-2007, 05:50 PM
update: the six directions of boxing........david chang

not a bad flick some things coulda been better tho
fightsa are good and story is ok ..some things are rushed tho
the quilty was a lil poor but still good enuff to watch on my projection tv haha

alot og time i dont write stuff but in this flick u get to see david chang with out a hat yes yes .if u know what im saying

he def looks differnt with out it lol

i give this a 3.8

peace

100pr00f
02-13-2007, 09:27 PM
just got police story 2 pretty dope flick def pick it up if u can

peace

InvincibleArmor79
02-15-2007, 03:03 PM
anybody seen "Dragon Claws"??

100pr00f
02-15-2007, 03:22 PM
no ...have u ...whats it about and who is in it

100pr00f
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
just got some more flicks in

instuctors of death..............gordon liu
challenge of the masters.......gordon liu

holy flame of the martial world.......ti lung, philip kwok.........my fave venmom..........

heroes shed np tears.........fu sheng........for get who u spell it anther venem member...........

cant read the boxes cuz they are all celestial

ive been getting them alot now

their pretty dope

haha

peace

TAURO
02-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Anyone here seen Jackie Chan's New Police Story?

100pr00f
02-16-2007, 06:54 AM
yea i thought it was dope ...i gave it a 5 nice action good story

TAURO
02-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I really liked it too, a lot of people have been giving it a lot of stick but I thought it was dope, Jackie still held it down oldschool despite his age, the only thing that suprised me about the movie was how grim it was compared to the previous movies.

InvincibleArmor79
02-16-2007, 12:21 PM
no ...have u ...whats it about and who is in it

a buddy of mine had it, i watched few years back...

the plot was a young man's mother is wrongly killed, a bum off the streets who is actually a kung fu master, teaches him Dragon Claws.. his training includes drinkin piss the master collects from some kids (goofy moment in the film for sure) and eventually the boy takes revenge..

ive tried searchin for it on the web, just cant seem to find it..

perhaps its under a dif name?? ionno

100pr00f
02-20-2007, 07:13 AM
looks good i like beardie

bizzlez
02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
What would some of you give Jet Li's "Fearless?" X/5

TheMostBeautifullest
02-20-2007, 08:59 PM
jus watched Jet Li's first film Shaolin Temple good flik i give it 4/5

also jus watched Iron Fingers of Death aka Shalin Prince i really liked it because it had everyting also 9th prince is named after the 9th prince in this flik which is why he has the alias Iron Fingers 4.5/5

num2son
02-20-2007, 09:43 PM
What would some of you give Jet Li's "Fearless?" X/5

I would give it a 4/5

100pr00f
02-21-2007, 07:05 AM
jus watched Jet Li's first film Shaolin Temple good flik i give it 4/5

also jus watched Iron Fingers of Death aka Shalin Prince i really liked it because it had everyting also 9th prince is named after the 9th prince in this flik which is why he has the alias Iron Fingers 4.5/5

yea shaolin prince was a dope flick

100pr00f
02-22-2007, 10:53 AM
found a new venom movie...never knew about looks good

its called invincable shaolin

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.536855/qx/details.htm

any one see this

bob99digi
02-22-2007, 04:18 PM
found a new venom movie...never knew about looks good

its called invincable shaolin

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.536855/qx/details.htm

any one see this

yea i've seen that. Man, its been quite some time since i watched it, maybe 3-4 years. Anyhow, a good flick. I'd say its similar to say "10 tigers of kwangtung".

The story is about a rivalry between teh north and south shaolin temples. I like the stories based on shaolin and all that, so of course i took a liking to this movie. All the venoms are in this one I believe except for Wei Pei (snake). Theres some styles in the movie i believe. I think theres mantis style, and a special pole technique, etc.

I'd say its a pretty tradition venoms flick. Suprised you've never seen this one.

By the way, i think it was you that just got "Martial Club" aka "Instructor's of Death". If so, what did you think of it?

100pr00f
02-22-2007, 06:29 PM
yea i've seen that. Man, its been quite some time since i watched it, maybe 3-4 years. Anyhow, a good flick. I'd say its similar to say "10 tigers of kwangtung".

The story is about a rivalry between teh north and south shaolin temples. I like the stories based on shaolin and all that, so of course i took a liking to this movie. All the venoms are in this one I believe except for Wei Pei (snake). Theres some styles in the movie i believe. I think theres mantis style, and a special pole technique, etc.

I'd say its a pretty tradition venoms flick. Suprised you've never seen this one.

By the way, i think it was you that just got "Martial Club" aka "Instructor's of Death". If so, what did you think of it?

dope yea i never heard of till now when i was looking around like the venom sites dont say any thiung of this flick haha

yea i got the instructors of death with gordon lui... thought it was good gave it around a 4

figths are cool story aint too bad..its worth watching i think

thier out the movie gordon and his friend try to fight others to see witch one out of the 2 are good.. but all at the same time both pay thier fighters to fall but they run in to the wrong guy witch is a guy who is friends with the rivel school
the ending is wierd tho..dont wanna wais it if ur gonna watch it one day haha

peace

Solid Flame
02-23-2007, 04:22 AM
yeah Instructors of Death is cool - I like liondance...
Has anybody seen Raiders of Buddhist Kung Fu? Itīs an indie flick with Gordon Liu where he plays the bad guy! Pretty cool...

bob99digi
02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
the ending is wierd tho..dont wanna wais it if ur gonna watch it one day haha

peace

I've had that movie for a while. Actually one of the first movies I purchased. I liked the movie, and I thought the last fight was one of the best fight scenes i've ever scene.

Tha Ill Shogun Lord
02-23-2007, 04:25 PM
hey i was think about copping these flicks need a second opinion espeacilly the first one

brave archer is this series any good or least the second part

36 shaolin beads
shaolin challenges ninja
dragon tiger gate
faster blade posonous darts

100pr00f
02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
got some new chiba flicks

killing machine
the executioner
the executioner 2

100pr00f
02-28-2007, 02:01 PM
some more new shit

shaolin intruders..........derek yee

the samurai trilogy

100pr00f
03-17-2007, 11:32 AM
some new flicks in

fearless hyena.................jackie chan
miracles..........................jackie chan
harakiri
yellow river fighter

TheMostBeautifullest
03-17-2007, 01:58 PM
some more new shit

the samurai trilogy

So wat did u think of the samurai trilogy?

http://kungfucinema.com/reviews/samurai1.htm

I think this review is spot on for the first one!

100pr00f
03-17-2007, 02:14 PM
they were pretty dope
got better by the dvd
1st one was good then the 2nd i thought was a lil better more action he is a samurai but still learning the ins and out
the 3rd was good too

ShaDynasty
03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
some more new shit

the samurai trilogy

Good flick.

I just watched '7 Man Army' today, thats a dope film with a superstar cast and well executed action scenes.
It doesn't offer much in the way of story, but it managed to be moving anyway, in the courage of the fighters.

Can anyone recomend any of the kung fu films set in modern times?, im thinking about buying a few.

100pr00f
03-19-2007, 10:45 PM
modern...

police story 1 and 2
new police story aint bad

b13

killzone was ok

100pr00f
03-23-2007, 09:19 PM
more chiba

legend of the eight samurai
ninja wars
g.i samurai

J-Cee
03-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Five Deadly Venoms Flick(STREAM)

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v319413xhyrAR6Y

100pr00f
03-26-2007, 05:13 PM
dope ima watch it when im at work on wed
haha

100pr00f
03-26-2007, 05:15 PM
yo fucking dope site yo they got some good flicks up

famenchuan
03-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Just got Mad Monkey Kung fu and Heroes of the East. Both excellent movies

100pr00f
03-27-2007, 01:23 PM
yup both dope

100pr00f
03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
just pick up

curse of the golden flower

ShaDynasty
03-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Tiger On The Beat - 3/5
very average film, probably the worst Chow Yun Fat flick ive seen, but well cast and fairly entertaining. The most disappointing part was the fight scenes which looked very simple and were sped-up, presumably to cover this up. Liu Chia Hui had a memorable turn as one of the bad guys henchmen, but its not really worth watching more than once.

100pr00f
03-31-2007, 01:45 PM
mmm never heard of that flick ..with chow yun fat

num2son
03-31-2007, 02:31 PM
You Know It
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hcv3N1YdRjI
Shaolin vs wu Tang
Intro

Nice choreograph

Also just finished watching "Invincable Pole Fighter" one of the best shaw brothers i've seen 5/5

100pr00f
04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
any one seen undisputed II

not really kung fu but more of a mma movie

not bad

if any one wanna watch it ill up it

ShaDynasty
04-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I watched Police Story. That shits aiight, i don't think its his best movie though. Some of the comedy in that flick was hilarious though.

100pr00f
04-16-2007, 10:26 PM
i love the stunts shits was dope...

100pr00f
04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
just got

human lanterns
police story 3
rashomon

100pr00f
04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
just picked up born to fight from dragon dynsty got like 1 and a half and hour worth of extras

the movie wasnt bad some nice fights

good story