PDA

View Full Version : kung fu flicks

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

11th Chamber
09-20-2008, 10:26 PM
The samples from "starter" and "weak spot" are from the Shaw Brothers film "Shaolin Intruders." this movie is ill and was release in the USA by image. Did not contain the fuckin eng dub though! http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm (http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.536806/qx/details.htm)

was there a sample at the end of Starter? Only Wu track iv never been able to make it thru to the end

Correct on the Shaolin Intruders mention

The "thought u could find my weak spot" part was from 5 Deadly Venoms during the Toad vs. Snake fight

IsXsCb8X2B4

1:01 to those who havent seen it or dont remember

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-20-2008, 11:29 PM
was there a sample at the end of Starter? Only Wu track iv never been able to make it thru to the end

The "thought u could find my weak spot" part was from 5 Deadly Venoms during the Toad vs. Snake fight

IsXsCb8X2B4

yeah know what is a dope kung fu flick is "Killer" which is the same movie Rae mention on 36 Chambers the one Mef lost lol i also like "Shaolin Soccer" is funny and dope too

mantis_fist
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM

IsXsCb8X2B4

Yeah you are correct. I did forget about that. And yes there was a sample at the end of starter. When looking for samples on wu songs I just go to the start and to the end as that is where they are usually placed. Starter is a shit song!

mantis_fist
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
yeah know what is a dope kung fu flick is "Killer" which is the same movie Rae mention on 36 Chambers the one Mef lost lol i also like "Shaolin Soccer" is funny and dope too

Uhh the Killer is NOT a kung-fu movie! It is an Hong Kong action film! There is a shaw brothers movie called the killer but the One referenced on 36 chambers is NOT a Kung fu movie! I would watch it if you have not seen it which it sounds like may be the case!

mantis_fist
09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
its from 8 Diagram Pole Fighter...gordon liu

If you are talking about the samples from campfire you are incorrect! I remember dude who posted a review about 8 diagrams said the same thing! I watched the actual movie and this sample is not in it. There are no scenes that have peeps drinking wine!

100pr00f
09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
hmm. Ima have too rewathh it.

100pr00f
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
he sampled that movie in wolves. That was what I ment. Ima. Search some

mantis_fist
09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Wait did wolves have a kung fu sample?

100pr00f
09-23-2008, 07:42 AM
yea at the start it go's

We're fighting to stop the wolves!"

100pr00f
09-23-2008, 07:43 AM
if u guys like torrents here are some flicks tod/l

http://thepiratebay.org/user/John%20Smith/0/7

bob99digi
09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
anyone have the kung fu HD channel from their cable provider? Well I do, just want to let u guys know they've been playing lots of shaws brothers movies all the sudden. Good ones too, some classics and some that i would say are a little more rare. The picture quality is great, most of them have been shown dubbed in english. Heres a list of what i can remember being played....forgive me if i'm screwing up titles some have too many aka's lol, 100proof feel free to correct my titles.

Five Element Ninjas (aka Chinese Superninjas)
Water Margin
Men from the Monastery
Shaolin Temple (pretty sure this is death chamber
Shaolin Martial Arts
Marco Polo (aka 4 Assasins - pretty sure they showed this one)
One Armed Swordsman
Shaolin Abbot
Shaolin Mantis
Shaolin Handlock
Duel of Fists
Heroes Two
Heroic Ones (might not be a shaw)
All Men are Brothers - Blood of a Leopard
Brave Archer 1
Brave Archer 2
Brave Archer 3
Invincible Shaolin
Kid with the Golden Arm
Chinatown Kid
Life Gamble - (i'd consider this one a rare SB movie, i've never seen a good copy so can't wait to watch it)
Vengeance

Some non shaw movies that i think are good that they've been playing...

iron monkey 2
wing chun
tiger cage 1
tiger cage 2
tiger on beat (chow yun fat movie)
Project A
Project A 2

lol, did all this for nothing, heres an even better link to a story telling about how this channel is premiering 60 uncut remastered shaws movies.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=3005

100pr00f
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Life Gamble - (i'd consider this one a rare SB movie, i've never seen a good copy so can't wait to watch it)

i got this...a good version too

iwish i got this channel ..i i have comcast.....

bob99digi
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM

i got this...a good version too

iwish i got this channel ..i i have comcast.....

lol, for once i'm happy to have cablevision over comcast!!! I'm usually pissed that I don't have the nfl network since thats a comcast thing.

When i was really collecting movies back in 98-01, i don't think a good quality version existed yet lol. DVDs were not going strong like they are now, if they were even being released at all on dvd. I started collecting again now that most things have been re-released and remastered etc. I need a good copy of house of traps and legend of a fox too, which i'm pretty sure is available nowadays. Eventually i'll get around to ordering it. Still have 10-15 unopened dvds at home to watch so I probably won't order new movies anytime too soon.

mantis_fist
09-24-2008, 03:02 AM
anyone have the kung fu HD channel from their cable provider? Well I do, just want to let u guys know they've been playing lots of shaws brothers movies all the sudden. Good ones too, some classics and some that i would say are a little more rare. The picture quality is great, most of them have been shown dubbed in english. Heres a list of what i can remember being played....forgive me if i'm screwing up titles some have too many aka's lol, 100proof feel free to correct my titles.

Five Element Ninjas (aka Chinese Superninjas)
Water Margin
Men from the Monastery
Shaolin Temple (pretty sure this is death chamber
Shaolin Martial Arts
Marco Polo (aka 4 Assasins - pretty sure they showed this one)
One Armed Swordsman
Shaolin Abbot
Shaolin Mantis
Shaolin Handlock
Duel of Fists
Heroes Two
Heroic Ones (might not be a shaw)
All Men are Brothers - Blood of a Leopard
Brave Archer 1
Brave Archer 2
Brave Archer 3
Invincible Shaolin
Kid with the Golden Arm
Chinatown Kid
Vengeance

Some non shaw movies that i think are good that they've been playing...

iron monkey 2
wing chun
tiger cage 1
tiger cage 2
tiger on beat (chow yun fat movie)
Project A
Project A 2

lol, did all this for nothing, heres an even better link to a story telling about how this channel is premiering 60 uncut remastered shaws movies.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=3005

If you can record some of those via a dvd-r. Life gamble was rare before the Celestial IVL came out in HK. IT is scheduled to come out in the USA this year. House of Traps just came out and it was eng dubbed, which is even more rare. http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.547426/qx/details.htm

100pr00f
10-02-2008, 07:40 AM
just picked up

the reble........dragon dynasty

dope flick
overall visual had a grungy look with the colors
fight sceans were dope as hell
story was good

i recomend it

i give this 4.5 out of 5

bob99digi
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
that was the most recently released movie from DD right? I want to check that one out, but theres others i want to check out like the police tactical unit parts 1-3, i believe thats the right name.

this kung fu hd network is great man, i wish all kung fu fans had it on their cable network. They just premiered delightful forest with ti lung the other night. Still another month of premieres to go.

Life Gamble at that great quality was excellent to watch.

mantis_fist
10-10-2008, 10:21 PM
this kung fu hd network is great man, i wish all kung fu fans had it on their cable network. They just premiered delightful forest with ti lung the other night. Still another month of premieres to go.

Life Gamble at that great quality was excellent to watch.

Yo son, are these shaw movies english dubbed? delightful forest is a cool movie! I always had a shitty copy of the German print which was cut. I'd like to see this dubbed and uncut!

bob99digi
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Yo son, are these shaw movies english dubbed? delightful forest is a cool movie! I always had a shitty copy of the German print which was cut. I'd like to see this dubbed and uncut!

yea most of them are dubbed with english voice overs. Delightful forest was dubbed with a english voiceover i believe. I can check. It may have the info on the voom network website, not sure.

So most are dubbed with voiceovers. A few of them have been subtitled in english though, such as "come drink with me" i believe.

abasi
10-14-2008, 11:18 AM
i need to build my kung fu library again
ive had a lot of movies stolen

bob99digi
10-14-2008, 01:35 PM
i need to build my kung fu library again
ive had a lot of movies stolen

yea it happens to the best of us when we start collecting. Can't even count how many movies i've lost in college by letting people borrow movies. I guess its a blessing in disguise as all my old stuff was on VHS, and with dvd releases out now theres no comparing the two. I can't go back to VHS.

Jet Set
11-26-2008, 11:20 AM
And you sometimes can't go to dvd because there is no print left.

11th Chamber
11-27-2008, 03:20 AM
Finally got around to watching Heroes of the East (Shaolin vs. Ninja) a little bit ago

The flick was so fuckin dope.

Highly recommend for anyone to get. Dragon Dynasty did a great job with their release, as they usually do

Im hoping they can put out some more of their releases of the Shaw Bros. movies they have obtained

GZAjector
11-27-2008, 03:01 PM
anyone know of any links to watch or d/l the wu tang movies? like killah priest, mystery of chessboxin', etc.

100pr00f
11-27-2008, 05:21 PM
naw shits are too rare to find...best bet is try and find em to buy..even that will be hard

also agree with 11th...

GZAjector
11-27-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah i figured so much. i got a bunch on vhs, most of my favorites, but i was just curious. thanks

100pr00f
12-08-2008, 08:16 AM
no new news..but damn ..what the hell is up with je li's warlords...is it evern comming to the states....i looked every were to find info on it...ive been waiting to see this flick for over a year

100pr00f
12-14-2008, 08:15 AM
dragon dynastyis back in 09
with a shaky finish with the market falling

they will be giving us

super cop...jackie chan

01-13-09

11th Chamber
12-14-2008, 02:36 PM
they need to stop bullshitin and give us some more Shaw Bros. releases

I kno they got the rights to like 70 of them right now or somthing like that

100pr00f
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM
they got to get their sales up...to be able to drop shaws..cuz alot of peeps dont know shaw flicks..they know jackie and jet
lol

they will put em out every so often inbetween other relleses..

i think the nextdrop will be a jet movie

one thing ireally want them to drop is

bullit in the head......havnt seen this yet..

and since im on john woo...dd will prolly drop the killer after they drop the jet flick

11th Chamber
12-14-2008, 03:55 PM
The Killer is MUCH needed

100pr00f
12-14-2008, 03:58 PM
fo sho...in emeail i talk to bey logen...and said that he loves john woo flicks..one he really wants to get out is bullit in the head..since its pretty rare here in the states

killer is a dope flick

DrunkenMasta303
12-15-2008, 03:48 PM
^bullet in the head is john woos best flick imo, that shit is EPIC

but yo i upgraded my shaw brothers collection, i rate them with 5.5 = TOP

starring ti lung:

the magic blade.........4
blood brothers..........4.5
have sword, will travel..........5.5 great story and great finale
soul of the sword.............4.5
clans of intrigue.................5.5 prolly my fav ti lung movie
legend of the bat..................4
vengeance..............3.5
the emperor and his brother........3 couldnt follow the plot at all
the heroic ones...................5
shaolin temple..................5 great cast

others:

36 chambers of shaolin............5.5 classic
return of the 36 chambers.........4.5
disciples of the 36th chamber........4.5 best fights of the 36chambers flicks imo
the web of death..............3
five deadly venoms...........5.5 classic
invincible shaolin..................5.5 prolly my fav venom flick
lion vs lion.................2.5
human lanterns................5.5 mad underrated, dope story
the twelve gold medallions.............4.5
drunken monkey...................3
the chinese boxer...........3

i also watched some flikks online:

kid with the golden arm............5.5 best villain ever haha
crippled avengers.............5.5 that fight with the rings - craaazy choreography
8 diagram pole fighter.............3.0 idk most overrated shaw flick ever

all in all i think that venom crew is my fav group of shaw actors, their fighting skills are INCREDIBLE and i luv how they portray their characters, they mad kool n shit

also i think ti lung >>> gordon liu, because it seems that liu always plays the same role in every movie (learn to fight-take revenge) and he only has like 2 different face expressions lol, liu is the better fighter tho

btw @100proof, have u seen clans of intrigue?? cos i didnt see it on your list
this movie is a jewel, i noticed the director chu yuan is a master of creating images, i mean the colors/locations n all that, that shit is art imo

heres da trailer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FQ4cagbtnw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FQ4cagbtnw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

100pr00f
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
the venom crew is my fav as also..dope list u got ...i got most of what u put down..and most of them agree with

Razorsharp
12-17-2008, 03:18 AM
Ip Man (HK 2008) - Feature (http://www.loveasianfilm.com/ip-man-hk-2008-feature/)

September 1st, 2008 / Features (http://www.loveasianfilm.com/category/features/)
http://www.loveasianfilm.com/images/ipman_title.jpg
About The Movie
Ip Man is adapted from the life story of Ip Man, the grand master of the Wing Chun style kungfu and sifu (master) of legendary kung fu superstar Bruce Lee. Wing Chun has a history of more than 200 years. It was founded by Yim Wing-chin, took root in the hands of Leung Chun, and prospered with Ip Man. The art of Wing Chun has now become very popular with martial arts enthusiasts, especially overseas. It is a traditional Chinese martial art with a formidable reputation internationally.
http://www.loveasianfilm.com/images/ipman01.jpg
Wing Chun Chuan is characterized by close body combat, requiring practitioners to show speed and power. Its Chi Sao of ďsticking handsĒ is more similar to modern day combat skills and has a rich feel of genuine strikes. This is also why Ip Man differs from the dazzlingly romantic and purely fictional style of previous martial art movies. Its explosive punches and aggressive close-range combat offer a new thrill never experienced by modern day audiences.
The story of Wing Chun began in the 1920s and 30s, in wartorn China. Ip Man was martial artís unyielding follower, devoted whole-heartedly to the free learning of wushu. The fight to be top between the Wushu schools in the southern and northern regions of China had not stopped him having goodwill matches with other practitioners. Nationalistic bad feelings and racial hatred had not lessened his respect for Japanese martial arts warriors. In this great era of hatreds and tragedies, Ip focused only on wushu. His enthusiasm for martial arts saw him having devastating straight fights with various elite practitioners.
To this date there have been neither movies nor publications about Ip Man. This movie will be the first important record of the masterís life. Ipís persistent devotion to Wing Chun is a classic example of the love and respect shown to wushu and the freedom and spirit it represents. This movie will see the making of a modern whushu representative of Chinese people worldwide. Ip Man is a concept, a spirit, a way of thinking Ė and it represents a new peak in Hong Kongís wushu movies.

Detailed Synopsis
It is 1930s Foshan and the mood is one of wushu, wushu and more wushu. One fateful night, Sifu Liu calls at the mansion of the renowned Ip family after the opening of Liuís new wushu school. During the friendly visit, Liu challenges devoted Wing Chun master Ip Man (Donnie Yen) to a sparring match behind closed doors. Ip wins easily.
The match remains a secret until the younger brother of Kungfu Crazy Lam (Xing Yu), saw the fight and decides to tell everyone about it. It is a loss of face for Liu and results in some serious rows. Ip is mocked by a police officer, Li Chiu (Gordon Lam Ka-tung), and breaks the latterís revolver in two. In the meantime, marauding thugs and followers of Kam Shan-chau (Louis Fan Siu-wong) goes around challenging the Foshan wushu schools. In one fight, Kungfu Crazy Lam is seriously injured. Ip tried to save him but is challenged by Kam. The whole of Foshan gathers to watch Ip dispense with Kam easily using the four forms of Wing Chun: fists, legs, knives and poles. Ip becomes an overnight hero and wins Li Chiuís respect and Foshan goes crazy for Wing Chun.
http://www.loveasianfilm.com/images/ipman02.jpg
Ipís prosperity does not last long. In 1937, the Sino-Japanese war breaks out and within a year, Foshan has fallen. The Japanese army seizes Ipís family home and Ip and his wife Cheung Wing-sing (Lynn Hung) as well as their son seeks refuge in a derelict house. On his way to a pawnshop one day, Ip bumps into an old friend Chow Ching-chuen (Simon Yam), the boss of a cotton mill factory. Chow offers his old friend help but Ip is too proud to forsake his dignity for food and shelter. When food runs out, Ip is forced to work as a coolie to keep his family alive. At the factory, he is reunited with Kungfu Crazy Lam.
One day, a troop of Japanese soldiers led by General Miura (Hiroyuki Ikeuchi) arrives at the factory. Miura is crazy about wushu and uses rice as a reward to temp the Chinese to contest the Japanese in martial arts. Ip refuses to be baited but Lam eagerly takes up the challenge. Lamís skillful moves fuel General Miuraís enthusiasm and he enters the ring to take on Lam himself. Lam is no match for the General and pays with his life.
The next day, Ip finds Lam missing. He is forced by the soldiers to go to the arena and is shocked to see Sifu Liu already severely beaten up by three soldiers. Ip is furious that Liu had to risk his life for food provisions and enters the arena to challenge the Japanese enemies. Even though Ip is outnumbered, he beats down his challengers one by one until none is left standing, Miura is elated and full of admiration for Ip. But Ip is very upset especially when Miura rewards Ip with the bag of blood-stained rice.
Kam leads a robbery at Chowís cotton mill, which leaves several people dead. Chow decides to seek Ipís help. Ip finally agrees and trains the mill workers Wing Chun and the factory grounds are turned into a de facto wushu academy. Kam stages another attack and although Ip and his followers are no match for Kamís thugs, they score a magnificent victory.
http://www.loveasianfilm.com/images/ipman03.jpg
Meanwhile, General Miura cannot forget Ip Manís masterly skills and places Ip on the wanted list. To avenge his defeat, Kam disclose Ipís whereabouts to the Japanese. General Miura storms into the mill with his army. While Ip, tipped off by Li Chiu, decides to forsake his own life in exchange for his followersí freedom. With great sadness, he hastily arranges for his wife and son to leave Foshan.
The approaching army is stopped in its tracks by a towering figure: Ip Man. Ip challenges the general to a duel but the general wants to take the fight to the streets of Foshan where he wants the residents to witness Ipís defeat.
In the ring, Ip and General Miura give their all in a life-and-death match that pits Wing Chunís Chi Sao against Japanese karate. As excited Japanese soldiers cheer their general on, their Chinese counterparts are forced to witness the fight in silence. But with each attacking move, Ip wins back dignity for the Chinese. As he hears a sudden roar of applause, Ip realizes that his family and friends have not abandoned him. As his supporters cheer him on, he becomes more courageous and daring. But at a crucial point when Ip launches his final deadly punch, a Japanese officer responds by pulling his gun on Ip. A shot rings out and the scene turns to mayhem.
Several decades later, a trendily dressed young man walks into a Wing Chun school in Hong Kong. The young man wants to learn Wing Chun from Sifu Ip Man. His name is Bruce Lee. The elderly Ep, with eyes like a hawkís but a peaceful air, shows who the true master of kung fu really is.

HOW DO I POST A VIDEO, i have a link

100pr00f
12-17-2008, 06:58 AM
is it youtube...if not just throw up the link

also the movie gonna be dope

Razorsharp
12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
yeah, its youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGaQWbVavzI&eurl=http://www.loveasianfilm.com/&feature=player_embedded

11th Chamber
12-17-2008, 07:19 PM
looks cool

100pr00f
12-17-2008, 11:52 PM
for youtube vids all u do is copy the letters after the v=

like just put the ugaqw in the youtube thing when u hit advance in reply

mantis_fist
12-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Calling all kung fu brothers...Who knows what film the sample on campfire comes from. and no it is NOT 8 Diagrams.

Cheers!

UPDATE: I found it. It comes from Writing Kung Fu with Bolo.

YungSunny
12-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm a huge fan of martial arts (ironic, coming from a wu-fan) and I wanna start watching kung fu flicks again.
I've seen Enter The Dragon, Drunken MAster, Chinese Connection, Fist of Fury, The Protector, Ong Bok, Invisible Bullet, The One, Snake in the Crane's Shadow, Crippled Masters, and Crouching Tiger.

I'd rather watch old movies, any reccomendations?

YungSunny
12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
That was actually the first thread I read when I got here, but I'm not reading 101 pages for that.
And yes I'm 14, kudos on realizing that.

100pr00f
12-23-2008, 08:47 PM
all u need is to read the 1st post over 800 flicks with a rating to em ...any thing at 5 i or 5.5 i would pick up

100pr00f
12-23-2008, 08:48 PM
check the deadly venom stuff and ti lung and david chang stuff

100pr00f
01-02-2009, 06:54 AM
another date for the dynasty

they are letting go the

eforcer.......jet li
on 2-10-09

aafter they put out
super cop.....jackie chan
on 1-16-09

TAURO
01-04-2009, 12:49 AM
It's been so long since i've seen super cop.

bob99digi
01-06-2009, 11:48 AM
i gotta go pick that DD version of rebel up.

11th Chamber
01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
anyone seen House of Traps??

The last Venom flick..

Was debating on getting it off Amazon

mantis_fist
01-06-2009, 04:39 PM
anyone seen House of Traps??

The last Venom flick..

Was debating on getting it off Amazon

Yeah I got the Image version, containing the once RARE english dubbing. I thought it was garbage. Not much fighting and the house of traps was not used like it should have been. I was really bored and I like venoms movies.

check this site. The best kung fu forum on the net.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

You can find reviews/opinions on House of traps if you go back a few pages.

Cheers!

100pr00f
01-12-2009, 07:06 AM
ip man to get sequel

100pr00f
01-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Chocolate

to hit us on feb 10 on dvd and on blu-ray

100pr00f
01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
just picked up supercop....from dragon dynasty its a 2 disk set

mantis_fist
01-14-2009, 04:13 PM
has anyone found Opium and the Kung-Fu Master in stores?

100pr00f
01-15-2009, 05:21 AM
i got it...but picked it upup on hkflix.com

thats that ti lung flick right

bob99digi
01-15-2009, 10:12 AM
haven't seen it at a store. Yea its a Ti Lung flick, saw it recently on the Kung Fu HD channel. I liked it.

mantis_fist
01-15-2009, 07:09 PM
yeah it had Ti Lung and Chen Kuan Tai. Directed by Tong Gai. This was one of the last Shaw Brothers Kung-Fu movies. They went under shortly after this came out.

I need to get this. I've never seen it. I have heard its really dope!

bob99digi
01-16-2009, 02:55 PM
yeah it had Ti Lung and Chen Kuan Tai. Directed by Tong Gai. This was one of the last Shaw Brothers Kung-Fu movies. They went under shortly after this came out.

I need to get this. I've never seen it. I have heard its really dope!

I would say its good, so hopefully you like it.

Anyhow, Ti Lung is one of my favorite shaw actors. I thought the movie was good. Story involved opium and the use of the drug affecting fighters, as well as just people in general. Fighting was pretty good as well. Of course there are some training scenes. There were also some heart-wrenching moments lol. Pretty typcial shaw story with the drug theme tied in.

Delightful Forest - another movie i've wanted to see for a long time, and just finally saw it on the kung fu HD channel as well. Good movie imho.

100pr00f
01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
got that one ...delightful forest is dope..i got that one ranked high

mantis_fist
01-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Word guys. Delightful Forest is really ill. I never have seen the full version though. Was this dubbed in English on Kung Fu HD?

Ti lung is the man fo sho sho. Have you seen A better Tomorrow? Some of the scenes between him and Chow and GREAT chemistry.

100pr00f
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
haha opium and the kung fu master....on blu ray...

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.548658/qx/details.htm

100pr00f
01-16-2009, 10:20 PM
up coming dragon dynasty flicks

Dreadnought...........................Yuen Biao.....................tba

an empress and the warriors......donnie yen....................April 28, 2009.

Fong Sai Yuk..........................jet li..............................March 24, 2009
aka the legend

The Killer..............................chow yun fat......................tba

lady king fu..........................Angela Mao..........................tba

My Father Is Hero.....................jet li..........................feb 10, 2009
aka the enforcer

no mercy for the rude..............Sin Ha-Gyoon..................tba

protege...............................Andy Lau............................February 24, 2009

Shaolin wooden men.................jackie chan.....................tba

snake and crain arts of shaolin....jackie chan....................tba

all the tba's are old from like last year or so..
they are awaitng better copies..befor release

protege looks good...ive seen previesw for it like a year ago..on a dvd

bob99digi
01-19-2009, 03:26 PM
nice release list from DD.

The delightful forest on kung fu hd channel was english dubbed. I've never seen a better tomorrow, i need to see it though.

100pr00f
01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
man that flick is dope..i think the whole trilogy is dope

man i wish comcast would make a kung fu hd channel

i would buy me some hard drives and ripping every thing thats worth it to it

100pr00f
01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
picked up a flick called black belt
heard good things...ima view it soon

11th Chamber
01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Jus got in the mail..

Two Champions of Shaolin
House of Traps
The Magic Blade
Shaolin and Wu-Tang (they need to remaster this ASAP)

check this site. The best kung fu forum on the net.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

You can find reviews/opinions on House of traps if you go back a few pages.

Cheers!

props on that link. Nice to see a forum that you can get good info on shit like that

mantis_fist
01-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Shaolin and Wu-Tang (they need to remaster this ASAP)

props on that link. Nice to see a forum that you can get good info on shit like that

Word. I have a wide print of Shaolin V Wu-Tang but its cut, really dark, and in French.

Yeah man I've been going to that forum since like 2001. Really great place to get reviews, questions about films answered, etc.

I think the next film I will get is The Martial Club, as long as Tokyo Shock includes the English Dub. This movie kicks ass!

BTW has anyone with access to kung fu hd manged to record these shaw flicks on to DVD-R? It would be nice to see a fully english dubbed version of Delightful Forest!

Cheers!

Krusha
01-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Oh Shit,Man! Those Are 2 Dope And You Have Them All?

100pr00f
01-21-2009, 07:14 AM
agree with the remastering of shaolin and wutang

krusha who u talking too
me

if so then yea i own all that is listed

bob99digi
01-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Word. I have a wide print of Shaolin V Wu-Tang but its cut, really dark, and in French.

Yeah man I've been going to that forum since like 2001. Really great place to get reviews, questions about films answered, etc.

I think the next film I will get is The Martial Club, as long as Tokyo Shock includes the English Dub. This movie kicks ass!

BTW has anyone with access to kung fu hd manged to record these shaw flicks on to DVD-R? It would be nice to see a fully english dubbed version of Delightful Forest!

Cheers!

Yea i actually have DVR'd several of the movies. I think they are in mpeg form though, don't think the quality is as good as it would be if watchin it straight from the channel due to the dvr-device i used to create the file.

And in a bit of bad news, seems like the kung fu hd network no longer is in my cable provider's programming. I have to call them to be sure but last time i turned to it i got that message.

Martial Club - if its the same one i'm thinking, i've always liked a lot, especially the last fight, one of my favorites.

A better tomorrow and bullet in the head are 2 woo/fat movies that i've always intended on seeing and never have. ABT i always passed over for somethin else, which i tend to do with the more common ones, and Bullet in the head i've never found other than online.

100pr00f
01-23-2009, 07:58 PM
got done watching black belt

its in Japanese with English subs

fighting in it was ok some parts were to forced like the guy was blocking befor the kick was thrown
ive only noticed it once tho
the movie also brings a positive message
visual of the movie was nice

over all i give it a 4.5
out of 5

mantis_fist
01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Yea i actually have DVR'd several of the movies...

Cool. I just want the English dubbing. I've seen all the movies that were shown.

And in a bit of bad news, seems like the kung fu hd network no longer is in my cable provider's programming.

True indeed I'm afraid!!! I'm sure it was a great channel!

ABT i always passed over for somethin elseDue your self a favor a watch this. It is more story oriented vs. the killer style of lots of shootng and death!
Ti Lung and CYT are EXCELLENT!!!

100pr00f
01-27-2009, 09:17 AM
picked up some flicks

dragon fist uncut......................jackie chan
spiritual kung fu.......................jackie chan
legendary weapons of kung fu....gordon liu
filthy guy...............................sammo hung
drunken tai chi.........................donnie yen
when taekwondo strickes...........Angela Mao ying

bob99digi
01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Cool. I just want the English dubbing. I've seen all the movies that were shown.

True indeed I'm afraid!!! I'm sure it was a great channel!

Due your self a favor a watch this. It is more story oriented vs. the killer style of lots of shootng and death!
Ti Lung and CYT are EXCELLENT!!!

yea i will pick it. A Better Tomorrow and The Rebel will probably be the next movies i get. Although i really did want to get the police tactical unit, internal affairs trilogy, and city of violence.

Is there a specific version of the ABT series that i should pick up? I thought dragon dynasty had a release of it but doesn't look like it.

I'll PM u a list of the movies i have DVR'd off the hd channel.

100proof - I thought legendary weapons was a good movie. Has a little of that witchcraft/magic stuff in it, but not too much. I like seeing Lui Chia Liang in action.

mantis_fist
01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
WORD Legendary Weapons is really nice. I just watched the image release last night, actually. Some lame comedy but TOP notch fights!

I would get ABT 1. If you can find the Anchor Bay version it contains the English Dubbing. That is if you like english dubs. I prefer them more for old school KF than action films. Although I have to watch the KILLER in eng dubbing!!!

100pr00f
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
yea i was shocked i didnt even own this
was just browsing around on hkflix
and had to double check my list
lol

cant wait to view

100pr00f
02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
picked up

protege

not bad..its a drama about a undercover cop who deals drugs to make a bust...but is stuck in that word were at the end he asks him self what us better

having that empty-ness
in side or heroin

100pr00f
02-28-2009, 02:25 PM
picked up a few flicks

the tournament....angela mao

shinobi no mono......1 of 8 the first ninja flicks made...

and a 4 box set containing

young hero of shaolin 1,2
jade dagger ninja
the silver spear

which was recommended by ladysnowblood a few years back

100pr00f
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
picked up chocolate....the female version of tony jaa...

cant wait to watch

Razorsharp
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
any watch warlords yet?

100pr00f
03-29-2009, 11:33 AM
picked up

shinobi no mono 2

the lady constables.........angela mao

100pr00f
03-30-2009, 07:36 AM
dragon dynasty next movie

the legend of fong sai yuk..................jet li
5-26-2009

wish they would put out movies i dont have...(could be hard to do ..i own everything)

and or have bad prints of

i really wanna see,,,,,,,,,, bullet in the head....john woo

Razorsharp
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
how did u like chocolate?

i bought it the other day, story was eh, 1st 30 mins was useless, but it was pretty coo, no strings right?

TAURO
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM
^^I've got chocolate on dvd that my friend loaned to me, I've yet to watch it though.

100pr00f
03-30-2009, 04:45 PM

i bought it the other day, story was eh, 1st 30 mins was useless, but it was pretty coo, no strings right?

agreed with u

no strings

fights were cool at parts

it was average to me

hide1998
03-30-2009, 10:09 PM

I don't get the "first 30 minutes were useless" part. The film actually tried to have a story, as opposed to a string of fights (i.e. Ong Bak). By the time the fights kicked in you had a well established protagonist built up. I wouldn't fault the film for that. For a highlight reel it can be disregarded, but as a FILM (which it is) it's important.

Non-stop fights without a story is cool in the, "I'm going to show my friend this SCENE" but for a complete package that's no good.

Anyway, I thought Chocolate was great. Original and refreshing for the action genre. Some people are calling it the female Ong Bak, but outside of the fact the female did some tight stuntwork I don't really get the comparison. Ong Bak had a REALLY basic story and some of the most one-sided fights ever (thankfully Tony Jaa took notice and fixed the fight issue for The Protector). Chocolate had a much more clever, well-developed, storyline with balanced out fights.

hide1998
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
any watch warlords yet?

I did. Not a martial arts film, but a great war film. Jet Li's 3rd best acting performance to date too. GREAT action (albeit, not martial arts action). I appreciated how Li branched out on the projects he's taking.

100pr00f
03-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I don't get the "first 30 minutes were useless" part. The film actually tried to have a story, as opposed to a string of fights (i.e. Ong Bak). By the time the fights kicked in you had a well established protagonist built up. I wouldn't fault the film for that. For a highlight reel it can be disregarded, but as a FILM (which it is) it's important.

Non-stop fights without a story is cool in the, "I'm going to show my friend this SCENE" but for a complete package that's no good.

Anyway, I thought Chocolate was great. Original and refreshing for the action genre. Some people are calling it the female Ong Bak, but outside of the fact the female did some tight stuntwork I don't really get the comparison. Ong Bak had a REALLY basic story and some of the most one-sided fights ever (thankfully Tony Jaa took notice and fixed the fight issue for The Protector). Chocolate had a much more clever, well-developed, storyline with balanced out fights.

understand what ur saying...but it was a lil let down...only becouse i over hyped it...from the trailers and all i thought it was gonna be like a tony jaa movie..

so when i poped it in..i ddidnt see no fights..and that what i was looking for
understand it needs to build story..it wasnt bad...one thing ido wish for is that it was better dvd quality ..like maby a bigger budget ...i think its like that becouse it wasnt picked up by a big company ..went strait to dvd here in the states.....i see her as upincomming...awaiting for her next flick if their is another one

hide1998
03-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Ah I understand. I had never heard of the film when I checked it out, so hype didn't effect my viewing. I went in with no expectations outside of it being an action flick. I found out later people were calling it a female Ong Bak which made a big question mark float on my head.

Razorsharp
03-31-2009, 12:59 AM
i know what u mean tho fam, i jus think the ong bak story was better... like i understand the village and the importance of the deity

but like, in this one i dunno it was jus an americanized version to me, where like some girl defects and has a kid with the enemy then bam... everything else happens...

funny tho, cuz they treated her like danny the dog from unleashed, collecting money hahaha

and as far as warlords, i know its a war movie, i jus didnt wanna make another thread and i figured 100proof followed mr. Li so i would ask, ya'll watch red cliff 1 and 2? 1 was better for me

hide1998
03-31-2009, 01:32 AM
i know what u mean tho fam, i jus think the ong bak story was better... like i understand the village and the importance of the deity

but like, in this one i dunno it was jus an americanized version to me, where like some girl defects and has a kid with the enemy then bam... everything else happens...

funny tho, cuz they treated her like danny the dog from unleashed, collecting money hahaha

and as far as warlords, i know its a war movie, i jus didnt wanna make another thread and i figured 100proof followed mr. Li so i would ask, ya'll watch red cliff 1 and 2? 1 was better for me

Ong Bak had a much blander story than Chocolate anyday in my book. Wasn't very developed either. It's basic, which isn't always a bad thing. But it felt like it was basic for basic's sake. Like the writers said, "We just want to show a bunch of fights and stunts. Let's wrap the whole thing around that." For a highlight reel that's fine, but as a film...hard for me to dig. A need a bit more meat than that for me to care about the main character and film. Chocolate had alot more going for it in that regard. It spent the beginning of the film to develop the protagonist, and then spent the rest of the film to deliver action. I'd say that was a smart decision. Plus, the fights themselves were alot more balanced. I saw Red Cliff 1&2 but I can't really separate the two since it was filmed as one flick, just released as two due to it's length. It would be like me comparing Kill Bill 1&2, or Che 1&2. Both feel incomplete without the other half. By default, all those films are going to have better first parts because the first part BUILDS the story arc.

100pr00f
03-31-2009, 08:29 AM
ya'll watch red cliff 1 and 2? 1 was better for me

never seen em...its on my list tho....john woo right

100pr00f
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
hide let me know what u think of ong bak 2...

tony is working on his next movie now

ong bak 2 looked good from the trailers

hide1998
03-31-2009, 09:24 AM
I'll let you know this week.

Razorsharp
04-01-2009, 01:55 AM
when is ong bak's us release?

Mumm Ra
04-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I thought it's been out in the US for some time? idk

100pr00f
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
i think he means ong bak 2

Razorsharp
04-02-2009, 10:02 AM
yeah, number 2... hahaha

100pr00f
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
picked up

shinobi no mono 3

the loyal 47 ronin

stranger from shaolin

The Hound
04-22-2009, 02:39 AM
I bought Shaolin vs Wu Tang. Is the DVD supposed to be VHS quality without an option to turn subtitles off? And the subtitles are in Chinese & English. lol wtf?

100pr00f
04-22-2009, 06:52 AM
which copy u get

here are some copys

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.528903/qx/details.htm

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.530986/qx/details.htm

the 2nd one is prolly the best version to get

i got the first one

The Hound
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
I got the 2nd one, bought it off hkflix too.

100pr00f
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
i forgot what my copy looks like

100pr00f
04-24-2009, 07:04 AM
New Book on Sammo Hung to be Released (http://www.kungfucinema.com/new-book-on-sammo-hung-to-be-released-6771)

http://www.kungfucinema.com/new-book-on-sammo-hung-to-be-released-6771

100pr00f
05-01-2009, 07:05 AM
[/URL][URL="http://www.kungfucinema.com/jackie-chan-making-armour-of-god-iii-his-100th-film-6867"]Jackie Chan making 'Armour of God III' his 100th film (http://www.kungfucinema.com/category/news)

jackie Chan is expected to begin production on a third ARMOUR OF GOD film later this year according to Chinese media as relayed by Wu-Jing.org (http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/638-Chinese-Zodiac-Marks-Jackie-Chans-100th-Film.html). Chan will star and co-direct ARMOUR OF GOD: CHINESE ZODIAC along with Stanley Tong, following what has been six years of development on the project. Emperor Motion Pictures is producing and handling distribution for what is described as a treasure hunting film that will send Chan globetrotting around the world.
Part of the translated article mentions that "it would be something that is expected to move the hearts of all Chinese worldwide." I can't speak for the Chinese but I just hope it's more entertaining like the original ARMOUR GOD and less like THE MYTH, the last fantasy-tinged collaboration between Chan and Tong. Given that the action star just celebrated his 55th birthday on April 7th, I doubt we'll see Chan attempting to free jump onto any tree branches but the film could still be fun.
The first two ARMOUR OF GOD films was Jackie Chan's response to the INDIANA JONES films. Both have been released in the U.S. on DVD under the title OPERATION CONDOR by Dimension Films but out of order, dubbed and edited. I highly recommend tracking down licensed import versions instead and if you only watch one, make sure it's the first ARMOUR OF GOD (aka OPERATION CONDOR 2).
I haven't been keeping count but according to the same source, ARMOUR OF GOD III would mark Chan's 100th film which is something for fans to celebrate. Quite a few Hong Kong actors have reached that milestone in the past when Hong Kong was cranking out as many as 300 movies a year but few of Chan's stature and drive for perfection have managed such a feat.

100pr00f
05-04-2009, 07:36 AM
merantau trailer

QfH_H7SUv28

its got that tony jaa feel

TAURO
05-04-2009, 10:22 AM
merantau trailer

QfH_H7SUv28

its got that tony jaa feel

This guy comes like a mix between Tony Jaa and Jackie Chan, only not as impressive as either. The story also appears very similar to Ong Bak; im not really sure about this film and whether it can truly deliver something fresh and exciting, nothing that I saw in that trailer looked as good as what was in Ong Bak but im willing to keep an open mind.

100pr00f
05-08-2009, 06:51 AM
another tony jaa like flick

DdHr2dE1ajE

action looks a lil off but some spots were cool

like were the guy axe kicks the other tony jaa rip off
and he catches it with his shoulder and wraps his arms around him and pulls him in and spaps his leg

i like to see this for the action...but their can only be one tony jaa

hide1998
05-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Finally got around to seeing Ong Bak 2 (got too busy with work to see it before).

What can I say, THIS is a true martial arts film. It had a very big feel to it. Whereas Ong Bak, the original, was cool at first, with repeat viewing it really doesn't get much pass a really cool stuntshow parading as a martial arts film. It was basically just one spot after another with a very loose story that sorta tied it together. The Protector was much more in terms of a martial arts film. But where I would call Protector great, for the most part, Ong Bak 2 was damn near epic in its feel, the way it was shot, variation, etc.Truly, if there was only 1 Tony Jaa film I would show to a martial arts fan it would absolutely be Ong Bak 2. The only real criticism I'd give it was the title. It had NOTHING to do with the first Ong Bak. But, seeing as the first Ong Bak film had a pretty weak story and was just stunts/spots, I am almost happy disregarding the 1st one altogether and consider Ong Bak 2 the definitive Ong Bak.

Absolutely a must-see for martial arts fans. I really appreciate how Tony Jaa is showing he's not just one-trick pony, but a well-ranged martial artist.

The Hound
05-10-2009, 02:26 AM
How do the rest of the Once Upon A Time In China films fair?

hide1998
05-10-2009, 06:06 AM
How do the rest of the Once Upon A Time In China films fair?

Once Upon A Time In China 1-2 are excellent (the 2nd being my favorite). 3 is almost as good as the first two, but not quite. 4 is good in terms of action, but weak in terms of everything else. 5 is the worse of the series in all areas. And 6 (Jet Li's return to the role since he didn't play Wong Fei Hung in 4&5) has some wildly bad acting from the foreign actors and some annoying editing for some of the action scenes. Not as bad as 5, but weak still.

All and all, watch 1-3, feel confident you aren't missing much with skipping the rest.

100pr00f
05-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Finally got around to seeing Ong Bak 2 (got too busy with work to see it before).

What can I say, THIS is a true martial arts film. It had a very big feel to it. Whereas Ong Bak, the original, was cool at first, with repeat viewing it really doesn't get much pass a really cool stuntshow parading as a martial arts film. It was basically just one spot after another with a very loose story that sorta tied it together. The Protector was much more in terms of a martial arts film. But where I would call Protector great, for the most part, Ong Bak 2 was damn near epic in its feel, the way it was shot, variation, etc.Truly, if there was only 1 Tony Jaa film I would show to a martial arts fan it would absolutely be Ong Bak 2. The only real criticism I'd give it was the title. It had NOTHING to do with the first Ong Bak. But, seeing as the first Ong Bak film had a pretty weak story and was just stunts/spots, I am almost happy disregarding the 1st one altogether and consider Ong Bak 2 the definitive Ong Bak.

Absolutely a must-see for martial arts fans. I really appreciate how Tony Jaa is showing he's not just one-trick pony, but a well-ranged martial artist.

good shit..thanks for the review

The Hound
05-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Once Upon A Time In China 1-2 are excellent (the 2nd being my favorite). 3 is almost as good as the first two, but not quite. 4 is good in terms of action, but weak in terms of everything else. 5 is the worse of the series in all areas. And 6 (Jet Li's return to the role since he didn't play Wong Fei Hung in 4&5) has some wildly bad acting from the foreign actors and some annoying editing for some of the action scenes. Not as bad as 5, but weak still.

All and all, watch 1-3, feel confident you aren't missing much with skipping the rest.

Word, 1 was dope. Since Jet Li wasn't in 4 & 5 then I will pass on those and get 1-3.

Looking forward to Ong Bak 2 from what you say, aswell, since 1 was fucking nuts.

TAURO
05-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Once upon a time in china 3 was such a let down after the incredibly dope previous 2, if you get the three pack then by all means but if you get them seperately then just get the fist two. Believe me, number 3 is pretty weak.

hide1998
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Once upon a time in china 3 was such a let down after the incredibly dope previous 2, if you get the three pack then by all means but if you get them seperately then just get the fist two. Believe me, number 3 is pretty weak.

3rd had a solid story, unique and interesting new character, and good action. Not on the level of the first two, but all around pretty good. Certainly not the massive drop of of the last 3 films, that's for sure. I generally consider the 3rd the true closure to the series (pretending the last 3 didn't come out).

100pr00f
05-15-2009, 06:50 AM
flying guillotine remake

Shaw Brothers' martial arts classic THE FLYING GUILLOTINE (http://www.kungfucinema.com/tag/the-flying-guillotine-1975) (1975) is going to see new life in a $6-8 million remake directed by Dante Lam (http://www.kungfucinema.com/tag/dante-lam). The news comes as start-up production and financing company Cinema Popular unveils four new projects at Cannes.
Other titles include fantasy superhero movie JUNG KU - THE MAN FROM 18TH HELL with director Peter Ho attached, serial-killer thriller QUEEN'S ROAD RIPPER, and contemporary comedy GOD OF WEALTH.
Lam's most recently released film, the long-delayed gunplay actioner THE SNIPER (http://www.kungfucinema.com/tag/the-sniper-2009), arrives on DVD and VCD in Hong Kong on May 27th courtesy of Kam & Ronson. Lam will begin shooting THE FLYING GUILLOTINE in November after completing the action thriller OUT OF LEASH for Media Asia.
Directed by Ho Meng-hua (http://www.kungfucinema.com/tag/ho-meng-hua), THE FLYING GUILLOTINE (1975) originally starred martial arts actor Chen Kuan-tai (http://www.kungfucinema.com/tag/chen-kuan-tai) as a former member of a secret, royal Qing-era hit squad specializing in the use of a "flying guillotine," an elaborate thrown weapon attached to a chain that chops off the head of its victim. After being ordered to kill the entire family of a political opposition leader, the protagonist attempts to leave the squad and is branded an outlaw. He goes into hiding but is hunted down by his former comrades and must face the dreaded flying guillotine himself.
The 1975 film was popular enough to spawn a sequel and several independently produced spinoffs. The most notable was Jimmy Wang Yu's cult hit MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE.

100pr00f
05-15-2009, 06:52 AM
47 ronnin remake with keanu reeves

i dont know about this

their are about 20 diff movies about the 47 ronnin y another

100pr00f
05-20-2009, 10:51 AM
News

magnolia picks up red cliff, warlords (jet li), and b13
............................to be sold in the states.................

dope stuff still awaiting ip man to be picked up

News

forune star library comming to blu-ray

............over 600 titles of ma............................

all of the bruce lee films will be dropping soon on blu-ray

pretty dope

Krusha
05-29-2009, 02:55 AM
My suggestion is to buy all the classics, but if dont.... check it http://thepiratebay.org/user/John+Smith/

The Hound
05-29-2009, 03:29 AM
Yo 100 proof, what is your take on "Five Fingers of Death?"

100pr00f
05-29-2009, 06:47 AM
i think its a classic

also go's by king boxer
from dragon dynasty

def should pick it up if u dont have it

battle?
05-29-2009, 11:03 PM
my fav history of the ish here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_Mob
these actors give the illest performances ...

100pr00f
05-30-2009, 06:08 AM
my fav history of the ish here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_Mob
these actors give the illest performances ...

no doubt...i own all their movies

battle?
05-30-2009, 07:23 PM
no doubt...i own all their movies

true dat!
they work so well an fluently with each other..

lynskey
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
for someone just getting into kung fu flicks, what films are the best place for me to start?

100pr00f
06-03-2009, 10:55 AM
for someone just getting into kung fu flicks, what films are the best place for me to start?

check the 1st post...i got em am all rated so just pick a couple 5's and 4 's

100pr00f
06-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Fist of legend
Master killer
5 deadly venoms
the legend of drunken master
iron monkey
the prodigal son
magnificent butcher
south shaolin master
7 gand masters
mad monkey kung fu
5 fingers of death
the one armed swordman

shit loads more haha

and dont forget jet li's

fearless uncut edition

100pr00f
06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
updated first post...added more category's...

PALEFORCE
06-06-2009, 09:39 PM
http://vl.boomforums.com/linker?li=4299575&go=yesman

Seven Swords

PALEFORCE
06-08-2009, 01:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w97ZugLNFQ&feature=PlayList&p=4763EA548736BA29&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15
house of fury

100pr00f
06-08-2009, 06:04 PM
picked up

shinobi no mono 4

ichi.....(female version of zatoichi....a blind swordsman/ or women haha)

the himalayan

100pr00f
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
ichi is pretty dope...powerful story and acting... does have a hint of zatoichi..which i like but it has its own personality aswell....sword play is dope...

i give this a 5.....some spots could have been better...thats y this isnt a 5.5

Nick Fury
06-09-2009, 08:11 PM
got done watching bain the assisin

good stuff

Nick Fury
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I Own:

|
-The Hidden Fortress - 3/5

hidden fortress deserves a higher rating than this

mantis_fist
06-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok. I found the Campfire Samples......finally. IT comes from http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/c/06/c9/8f/e2_9.JPG

and sample at the beginning of wolves is from 8 diagrams.

Cheers!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Fist of legend
Master killer
5 deadly venoms
the legend of drunken master
iron monkey
the prodigal son
magnificent butcher
south shaolin master
7 gand masters
mad monkey kung fu
5 fingers of death
the one armed swordman

shit loads more haha

and dont forget jet li's

fearless uncut edition

i saw most of those

my favorite is 5 deadly venoms along with

the shogun assassin
http://www.amazon.com/Shogun-Assassin-Film-Collectors-Set/dp/B001EAWMFQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1244685277&sr=8-2

100pr00f
06-12-2009, 03:28 PM
5 deadly venoms coming to dragon dynasty..could be dope would like to know what the extras are

Dirty Knowledge
06-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Chow Yun Fat - God of Killers aka Story of Woo Viet 5/5

I'm tryna get back in to my Kung Fu flick grind ima try picking up some gems this week.

100pr00f
06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
cant find that flick any where

Dirty Knowledge
06-14-2009, 04:18 PM
i coped a copy at a little corner store in those cheap ass VHS dollar bins. i thought it'd be translated but its just got subtitles and the bottom row of subtitles are half way cut off but the action is dope i usually dont mind..

what you think of van damme?

Luza
06-20-2009, 06:03 PM
can someone recommend me some films like lady snowblood or shogun assassin?

100pr00f
06-20-2009, 07:25 PM
zatoichi flicks are pretty cool a blind sword swinger who wonders the land for work and gambling..and fights...

and u gotta check azumi

mad dope

also check the whole set from that flick shogun assassin

it called lone wolf and cub

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.535863/qx/details.htm

Luza
06-21-2009, 06:57 AM
cheers, im definitely gona check zatoichi and azumi. can kozure okami be watched somewhere in the internet? because 90$ is a lot.

Nick Fury
06-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Hanzo the Razor ^^

mantis_fist
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Sample on masta killahs its what it is comes from the Movie Snuff Bottle Connection.

Nick Fury
06-24-2009, 09:12 PM
just saw kiss of death and the trail of blood today

good stuff

100pr00f
07-06-2009, 12:07 PM
ip man 2 news

they are casting for a role..now...as the young bruce lee

DRUNKENARTS
07-24-2009, 11:30 AM
i just got dragon dynastys release of the 36th chamber of shaolin giving it a 5/5
last night i watched hellz windstaff it waz gd so il giv it a 4/5
has any1 got or seen the traitorous?? the main character is the same guy from born invincible i think?

100pr00f
07-25-2009, 05:35 AM
dope flicks u got....are u talking about shaolin traitorous ...got sammo hung in it

http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Traitorous-Carter-Wong/dp/B00009IAXD

DRUNKENARTS
07-25-2009, 07:42 AM
dope flicks u got....are u talking about shaolin traitorous ...got sammo hung in it

http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Traitorous-Carter-Wong/dp/B00009IAXD

thanks,ye man thats the 1! thers a snippet of it on a silver fox double bill dvd i got it looks mad crazy dude wit white hair and eyebrows like Pai Mei have u seen it?? think im gna have to buy it anyway, also wanting clan of white lotus not easy finding these flicks in scotland! ps i wish my collection waz as big as urs!

100pr00f
07-25-2009, 02:06 PM
lol....naw haven't seen that flick yet...ur getting dope flicks..

if u do get it let me know if its worth checking

another from that same brand i would def get if i were u is

http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Wu-Tang-Chk-Sen/dp/B00009IAXE/ref=pd_sim_d_2

dope flick...wu tang took a few lines fromthis movie

100pr00f
07-26-2009, 07:16 AM
picked up

an empress and the warriors............donnie yen....from dragon dynasty

other dragon dynasty soon to be released

5 deadly venoms...................................aug 18
a battle of wits.........andy lau.................sep 8

DRUNKENARTS
07-27-2009, 07:47 AM
lol....naw haven't seen that flick yet...ur getting dope flicks..

if u do get it let me know if its worth checking

another from that same brand i would def get if i were u is

http://www.amazon.com/Shaolin-Wu-Tang-Chk-Sen/dp/B00009IAXE/ref=pd_sim_d_2

dope flick...wu tang took a few lines fromthis movie

if i do get it ill post up a rating here, shaolin & wu tang waz 1 of the 1st flicks i go years ago its the vengeance video dvd release ive got its a shit hot flick! got a few drunken master flicks to watch that iv nt got round to yet
story of drunken master
world of drunken master
revenge of drunken master
also got bt nt watched yet,
raiders of buddhist kung fu
hard bastard
method man

100pr00f
08-08-2009, 11:03 PM
pick up

bullet in the head................john woo
snake & crane arts of shaolin........jackie chan
shaolin wooden men.......................jackie chan

100pr00f
08-12-2009, 05:45 PM
bullet in the head was fucking dope...

prolly john woo's best

DRUNKENARTS
08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
raiders of buddhist kung fu waz pretty poor sum fight scenes wer ok but not really worth watching, bit of a lame storyline imo,but i saw the warlords last week it waz awsome i its def a must see!

Bobby_Digital72
08-17-2009, 06:39 PM
I caught and recorded " The last red dragon " with jet Li the story started it off good then it kind of went downhill. But the fight scenes were reall cool. His son in the movie was really good.

100pr00f
08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
raiders of buddhist kung fu waz pretty poor sum fight scenes wer ok but not really worth watching, bit of a lame storyline imo,but i saw the warlords last week it waz awsome i its def a must see!

good stuff on warlords...

its dropping in the states end of this year along with ongbak 2
and some other goodies

DRUNKENARTS
08-21-2009, 09:16 AM
i havent seen ong bak 2 yet think ill rent it off lovefilm.co.uk soon ill add it to the list

100pr00f
08-21-2009, 06:52 PM
if u do hit this thread up with a lil review

DRUNKENARTS
08-23-2009, 08:35 AM
ye ill do that it could be a lil while til i get it as iv got lyk 15-20 films on my lovefilm waiting list and they r sent in random order so cant say when ill have it

100pr00f
08-23-2009, 09:51 AM
damn good amount of movies haha.

11th Chamber
08-23-2009, 01:26 PM
For those who didnt realize, its finally out

http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1479370h.jpg

Dragon Dynasty finally put out 5 Deadly Venoms, which they've been holding onto for a few years.

Its great to get a proper copy of this classic, since its been given nothing but poor quality releases over the years

100pr00f
08-23-2009, 02:05 PM
yea i picked it up..and was blown away by the pic quality look like it was in high def haha
colors were full and deep

look like a new movie

haha

Mumm Ra
08-23-2009, 02:41 PM
damn really? thats awesome
the copy I have is probably the worst quality kung fu movie i own

100pr00f
08-23-2009, 02:54 PM
haha i would re buy it..its worth it

Mumm Ra
08-23-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah i was just looking at kung fu flicks on amazon last week, shaw flicks to be exact - there's a bunch I wanna order soon
was looking at Martial Club (Gordon Liu)
Challenge of the Masters (Liu)
Last Hurrah for Chivalry
Fist of the White Lotus
Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms
Flag of Iron
...haven't seen any of these
i already own 36 chambers, shaolin vs wutang, 5 deadly venoms, kid with golden arms, 10 tigers of kwantung....

100pr00f
08-23-2009, 06:12 PM
all good movies

100pr00f
08-29-2009, 06:14 PM
picked up

the assassin(shawbrothers)
snake deadly act (jackie chan)
magnificent warriors (michelle yeoh)
killer clans (shawbrothers)

100pr00f
09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
picked up
battle of the warriors (new dragon dynasty)

MaskedAvenger
09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Invincible Armour
Seven Grandmasters
Fist Of The White Lotus
Shaolin Intruders
Deadly Mantis
Shaolin & Wu-Tang
Five Deadly Venoms
Master Of The Flying Guillotine
Crippled Avengers
Disciples Of The 36 Chambers
Secret Rivals 2
Masked Avengers
The Hot, The Cool & The Vicious
Avenging Eagle
Iron Chain Assassin
Executioners From Shaolin
8 Diagram Pole Fighter
House Of Traps
Kid With The Golden Arm
36 Chambers Of Shaolin
My Young Auntie

These have probably been posted already but they are just some of my favs off the top of the dome from my collection

100pr00f
09-14-2009, 06:56 AM
nice list..u should up ur whole collection

MaskedAvenger
09-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Disciples Of The Master Killer
Invincible Armour
Mystery Of Chessboxing
Secret Rivals
Secret Rivals 2
Secret Rivals 3
Masked Avengers
2 Champions Of Shaolin
The Hot, The Cool & The Vicious
Legend Of The Fox
Avenging Eagle
Ten Tigers From Kwangtung
Iron Chain Assassin
Executioners From Shaolin
The Flying Guillotine Pt.2
Deadly Duo
Mad Monkey Kung Fu
The 18 Bronzemen
Shaolin Challenges Ninja
Invincible Pole Fighter
36 Deadly Styles
10 Brothers Of Shaolin
Iron Fingers Of Death
3 Evil Masters
Born Invincible
Snuff Bottle Connection
Duel Of The Iron Fist
4 Assassins
The Challenger
The Flash Legs
Shaolin VS Lama
The Heroic Ones
Hammer Of Gods
Opium & The Kung Fu Master
House Of Traps
Death Chamber
Kid With The Golden Arms
The Flying Guillotine
Fist Of The White Lotus
Deadly Silver Spear
Shaolin Intruders
Raiders Of The Shaolin Temple
Chinese Super Ninjas
The Blood Brothers
Seven Grandmasters
Deadly Mantis
Grandmaster Of Death
Dirty Ho
Flag Of Iron
Challenge Of The Masters
Sacred Knives Of Vengence
Chinatown Kid
Lady Kung Fu
Bells Of Death
Slice Of Death
Return Of The Master Killer
7 Commandments Of Kung Fu
Shaolin Rescuers
Killer Army
Five Masters Of Death
Shaolin & Wu-Tang
Five Deadly Venoms
Invincible Shaolin
Master Of The Flying Guillotine
The Boxer From Shantung
Lion VS Lion
Eagles Claw
7 Blows Of The Dragon
Kung Fu Hellcats
Shaolin Daredevils
The Prodigal Son
Invincible One
Clutch Of Power
Hell's Windstaff
Heroes Two
Enter The Dragon
The Shaolin Temple
Blood Of The Dragon
Boxer Rebellion
Crippled Avengers
36th Chamber Of Shaolin
The One Armed Swordsman
My Young Auntie
Way Of The Dragon
The Dragon Lord
Survival Of The Dragon
Swordsman III
Young Master
5 Fingers Of Death
Boxer From The Temple
7 Steps Of Kung Fu
Crazy Horse & Intelligent Monkey
Crazy Shaolin Disciples
Death Duel
Descendant Of Wing Chun
Fist Of Fury
Iron Fisted Monk
Kid From Shaolin
Tai Chi Masters
Tai Chi Shadow Boxing
The 8 Masters
The Roving Swordsman
Wu Tang VS Ninja
Drunken Master
Drunken Master 2
Once Upon A Time In China
Once Upon A Time In China 2
Invincible Kung Fu Legs
One Armed Boxer
Shaolin Temple 2
Game Of Death
The Bride With White Hair
The Big Boss

I also have a lot more modern asian action flix and quite a few japanese ones.

Mumm Ra
09-14-2009, 07:25 AM
goddamn man
got a library of them shits

100pr00f
09-14-2009, 07:26 AM
cool

u got about 5 or 6 movies i haven't seen yet
lol

MaskedAvenger
09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah love the Kung Fu Flix

Razorsharp
09-19-2009, 01:49 PM
y0o any of you homies, can you guys make a top 10 list of shaw brother films?

i see best buy is releasing hella shit on dragon dynasty lately, i recently copped the infamous 5 deadly venoms.. and after i got the ten tigers which was coo, the ending was maaaad funny and dope, i didnt expect that type of death HAHAHA

100pr00f & Masked Avenger let me know

also is flag of iron dope?
hit me back

thanks
peace!

battle?
09-19-2009, 01:54 PM
also is flag of iron dope?
!

mad fuckin dope!!

Razorsharp
09-19-2009, 01:58 PM
has anyone seen that Demon Warrior movie, same compnay that releases Ong Bak and shizzz?

100pr00f
09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
to many to list but ill drop a few

return of the 5 deadly venoms
flag of iron
mad monkey kung fu
5 fingers of death..........................dragon dynasty
Invincible shaolin
death chamber aka shaolin temple
the blood brothers
2 champions of death
heros of the east.........................................drago n dynasty
one armed swordsmen ........dope shit........dragon dynasty

Razorsharp
09-19-2009, 03:16 PM
has anyone seen that Demon Warrior movie, same compnay that releases Ong Bak and shizzz?

anyone?

to many to list but ill drop a few

return of the 5 deadly venoms
flag of iron
mad monkey kung fu
5 fingers of death..........................dragon dynasty
Invincible shaolin
death chamber aka shaolin temple
the blood brothers
2 champions of death
heros of the east.........................................drago n dynasty
one armed swordsmen ........dope shit........dragon dynasty

the ones that arent dragon dynasty... are they super old? hahaha and not on dvd? =/

100pr00f
09-19-2009, 03:58 PM
some may be hard to find..but alot of the shaws are remastered by a few diff studios

MaskedAvenger
09-20-2009, 02:48 AM
I have all of those on DVD in good quality so yes you can.

Disciples Of The 36 Chambers
Fist OF The White Lotus
Masked Avengers
Shaolin Intruders
Five Fingers Of Death

Also if you can check out Invincible Armour, not Shaw Bros but classic kung fu flic. One of my favs

MaskedAvenger
09-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Just picked up Abbot White

http://www.maddclearvideos.com/abbotwhite.jpg

hide1998
09-26-2009, 05:06 AM
MaskedAvenger, how did Abbot White turn out?

MaskedAvenger
09-27-2009, 01:27 AM
I didn't get to catch the whole movie yet, I only managed to watch the first half but it was nothing like the cover believes you to think it is. In fact, I don't even think the dude on the cover is in the movie. It is about a monk who gets possessed by an evil spirit and starts to take revenge on the men who killed him, a bit like 'chucky'. I won't really judge the movie until I've seen it all though. I'll let you know how it turns out

DRUNKENARTS
09-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I didn't get to catch the whole movie yet, I only managed to watch the first half but it was nothing like the cover believes you to think it is. In fact, I don't even think the dude on the cover is in the movie. It is about a monk who gets possessed by an evil spirit and starts to take revenge on the men who killed him, a bit like 'chucky'. I won't really judge the movie until I've seen it all though. I'll let you know how it turns out

ive got this on dvd with a different cover,mine has a guy in a 1 footed stance holding a staff,havnt watched it yet tho

MaskedAvenger
09-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I think I know which one you mean. That is actually 'Abbot White 2 AKA Deadly Finger Kung Fu' although it doesnt say it on the cover, the cover just says 'Abbot White'. Is he up on a mountain?

Razorsharp
09-27-2009, 02:27 PM
jus picked up flag of iron... SICK ASS ending

and i also copped challenge of the masters, also a dope movie... i wanna learn the bow staff now hahaha... lets break some dishes! ill death kick you! hahaha

MaskedAvenger
09-28-2009, 07:52 AM
I've had Flag Of Iron on DVD for months and months and only watched it for the first time about 1 month ago and was surprised by how good it was, definitely a under the radar venom flic

Razorsharp
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
yeah... fuckin stabbin people with the flag, and the crazy spear! hahaha spearman dies standing up GANGSTA hahaha

MaskedAvenger
09-28-2009, 06:06 PM
hhaahh yeah and he manages to fight for a few more mins ever though a spear went right thru him

Razorsharp
09-29-2009, 03:27 AM
ten tigers... head falling off... oh gaawd REP maskedavenger!

DRUNKENARTS
09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
I think I know which one you mean. That is actually 'Abbot White 2 AKA Deadly Finger Kung Fu' although it doesnt say it on the cover, the cover just says 'Abbot White'. Is he up on a mountain?

yeah hes up on a mountain! so ive actually got the 2nd flick! thanks 4 the info man. ill have to find the 1st 1 now!

MaskedAvenger
09-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Actually I think I'm wrong, you do have part 1. The site I was looking at had its info wrong

DRUNKENARTS
10-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Actually I think I'm wrong, you do have part 1. The site I was looking at had its info wrong

lol,cool so we both got the same flick,just different covers,must be different releases i guess

Razorsharp
10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
kingboxer, deadly duo or young auntie as my next purchase?

MaskedAvenger
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
My personal preference would be 'My Young Auntie' although most people would choose 'King Boxer' AKA '5 Fingers Of Death'

mantis_fist
10-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Not sure if you guys peeped the Raekwon Cl2 thread but I listed all the Kung fu samples from Cuban Linx 2 over there.

MaskedAvenger
10-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Where?

100pr00f
10-29-2009, 07:24 AM
any new movies guys...haha

i need to pick up some more

news:

1.bey logen leaves dragon dynasty (a lil old)
2. ong bak 3 in the making and pretty much done drops early 2010 from being pushed ...was gonna drop at end of year

3. ong bak 2 coming to the states this years end..played in select theaters allready
4.jackie chan remakes shaolin temple (the jet li movies)

MaskedAvenger
10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
That's pretty crazy that you mentioned that news because I just read about that EXACT news today, Bey Logan leaving DD and writing a new book and Jackie Chan remaking Shaolin Temple but I read it's going to be called SHAOLIN and will have a 30m budget which is big for HK flix. I just picked up this week 'Killer Clans' but I haven't watched it yet, might do that tonight though.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/43/killerclans1976rv5.jpg

100pr00f
10-29-2009, 09:19 AM
yea the stuff u said about the jackie flick ive read as well

100pr00f
11-05-2009, 07:13 AM
RED CLIFF drops on November 20th in the states ..not on dvd

Warner Bros to remake 47 ronin

ip man 2 pics
http://www.kungfucinema.com/first-look-at-ip-man-2-11417

Poetic Wun
11-11-2009, 05:54 AM
just saw Twin Dragons/Tai Chi Master... guess i hyped it up in my head or something cause i wasn't impressed.

pretty good story line imo, great performances by Li & Yeoh as expected.
the direction was hottible tho.
just ruined it for me.

theheavens
11-26-2009, 05:21 PM
what are some essential films to see? all I got is Ninja Checkmate (aka, mystery of chessboxing) and 7 Grandmasters

DRUNKENARTS
11-26-2009, 07:15 PM
just orderd, the massive, ten tigers of shaolin, five pattern dragon claws, got all 3 for £10 with free postage. www.play.com

MaskedAvenger
11-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Invincible Armour, I always recommend it

100pr00f
11-30-2009, 07:34 AM
ong bak 2 comes to dvd and blu-ray

feb 10, 2010

also will have some trailers for ong bak 3 with its extras on blu-ray

cant wait

MaskedAvenger
11-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I just picked up the Ong Bak 2 DVD today along with the Lone Wolf & Cub 6 DVD boxset

Mumm Ra
11-30-2009, 02:58 PM
how is that ong bak 2??

100pr00f
12-10-2009, 07:05 AM
warlords....jet li

finally comes to the states after its been out for a year lol
comes on april 2

jackie chans ...the spy next door(another kids movie)
is dropping in jan 2010

district 13 drops feb 5.....good shit
.................................................. ......

also a new swordsman movie in the making
jet li was in the swordsman 2 of its 3 part deal
now a # 4
from director Yuen Woo-ping and reportedly has 200 mill yen to work with
no casting yet

MaskedAvenger
12-10-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm looking forward to Bodyguards & Assassins, 14 Blades. True Legend & The Legend of Chen Zhen

Mumm Ra
12-26-2009, 09:55 PM
i just saw Shaolin vs Lama...that shit was ill!
lots of wu-tang samples in there too

100pr00f
01-13-2010, 07:03 AM
^^^^ dope movie

Dragon Dynasty update

they will release on dvd and bluray

RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER .....march 2
THE KILLER ..................................march 30

Other news

SHINJUKU INCIDENT............jackie chan
will dropping on dvd in the states on may 25...no dub but with eng subs....

trailer
-b4GZpMUEho&feature

wow jackie in a more serious movie looking good..def better then his new movie dropping in the states (The Spy Next Door)..were he is a baby sitter once again just like (Rob-B-Hood)

other movies droping by jackie this year

Little Big Soldier (2010, In post-production)
Looking for Jackie
The Karate Kid (2010, In post-production)

100pr00f
01-18-2010, 08:37 AM
more chan movies coming

armour of god 3 ....2010 (in pre-production)
Shaolin Temple......2010 (in pre-production)

kill bill 3 will be dropping with in 3 years

11th Chamber
01-18-2010, 02:02 PM
THE KILLER ..................................march 30

about time

100pr00f
01-28-2010, 07:11 AM
ONG BAK 3
is heading to Thai theaters on April 29.

MORTAL KOMBAT
looking to get a reboot

Poetic Wun
01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Ill about Ong Bak 3... pt2 was easily better n i'm hoping it continues from that

100pr00f
01-29-2010, 06:59 AM
ong bak 3 is looking weird tho...i think the poster as tony jaa on it twice...with a head line like tony jaa fights him self...maybe its some one who looks like him with the same style of fighting....which would be cool

100pr00f
01-29-2010, 07:33 AM
ip man 2 teaser

Ov3SMFCoyfQ

also donnie is set to do another bio pic of a diff guy from long ago.. Guan Yu
more on Guan Yu here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_Yu

11th Chamber
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
also donnie is set to do another bio pic of a diff guy from long ago.. Guan Yu
more on Guan Yu here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_Yu

that would be amazing. Guan Yu is one of my favorite historical figures ever

Poetic Wun
01-29-2010, 09:46 AM
^co-sign

isnt there supposed to be a young Bruce in IpM2?
damn, with the streak Donnie's on, its as if Flashpoint was never made.

btw the poster looks pretty interesting:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cLcEsAhItDU/SwohnmQ-JTI/AAAAAAAAAH8/KXQi0fa407k/s1600/ongbak3.jpg

100pr00f
01-29-2010, 09:52 AM
looks as if he was a slave and broke free

100pr00f
01-31-2010, 03:30 PM
ong bak 2 drops this Tuesday

TAURO
01-31-2010, 07:26 PM
nPrfBcoVmbc

I haven't even seen Ong Bak 2 yet.

Poetic Wun
01-31-2010, 08:12 PM
oh man your missin out, it murders ong bak 1 in the street.

nice up, need some more of that muay thai shit!!

100pr00f
02-01-2010, 06:59 AM
i was just gonna post it..i have news on this in the kung fu thread.on when it drops

ong bak 2 is dropping 2marro on dvd and blu ray
cant wait

ong bak 3 looks crazy..they say its gonna be non stop action...maybe the first 10 or 15 min will be the build up

TAURO
02-01-2010, 07:29 AM
I was going to merge this with the kung fu thread soon, I just felt it needed it's own thread for a bit.

100pr00f
02-01-2010, 07:33 AM
yea i was gonna do the same....make another thread...but u beat me to it

THE MASON
02-01-2010, 12:07 PM
ong bak 3 looks like hes fighting himself.... on that know yourself to know your enemy symbolism shit, you know his doppelganger or whatever

IP Man 2 - without a doubt will be sick as fuck, still looking for a copy of Ip Man 1. Donnie Yen is the shit. The Guan Yu cat i remember his name from those Dynasty Warrior games lol

i recently just watch Tai Chi Master. Wow..... what a flick. a lot of good symbolism in there, as well as good action

100pr00f
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
ong back 3 teaser is pretty dope...he was a slave or some shit and looks like it will be aa shitload of fighting in it

oDoUoSoKo
02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
anyone see it yet^

100pr00f
02-18-2010, 07:25 AM
ong bak 3 aint out yet drops April 23 in Thailand

oDoUoSoKo
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
o i read what u said wrong..said 2 dropped on dvd.

100pr00f
03-15-2010, 06:45 AM
red cliff drops next week us version and international

11th Chamber
03-15-2010, 06:59 AM
^^ thank god. I been waiting for that to drop

100pr00f
03-15-2010, 07:29 AM
me too

Living-jism
03-21-2010, 06:37 PM
i was just gonna post it..i have news on this in the kung fu thread.on when it drops

ong bak 2 is dropping 2marro on dvd and blu ray
cant wait

ong bak 3 looks crazy..they say its gonna be non stop action...maybe the first 10 or 15 min will be the build up
I can't wait! Damn bastard left number 2 with a cliff hanger! Tony is a mean/angry mafuckah on Ong Bak 2 and the production value of the movie has improved so much!

Have you seen Chocolate by anyway chance?

Living-jism
03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
red cliff drops next week us version and international
I don't know why you all like that movie so much? It's a terrible movie for true fans of the "3 kingdom". They've changed so much of whats cool from the original and made up all this shit to fit the taste of western audiences...

Living-jism
03-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Sorry I am abit of a late comer to this thread. But the greatest movie by Jackie Chan is "Drunken Master 2".

Mumm Ra
03-21-2010, 06:47 PM
^ thats a fuckin great sig lmao
drunken master 2 is tight - you seen the first one though? i think its just as good

100pr00f
03-21-2010, 06:53 PM
drunken master

i like em both..but 2 to me seems a better
action is more crazy and faster

100pr00f
03-21-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't know why you all like that movie so much? It's a terrible movie for true fans of the "3 kingdom". They've changed so much of whats cool from the original and made up all this shit to fit the taste of western audiences...

never seen it...so i dont know..i really dont have any hype for it..but i will check it

Living-jism
03-21-2010, 06:57 PM
The first one is more old school, I am not a big fan of the old "start stop" Hong Kong kung fu movies. Although my heart will always have a special place for "36 chambers of Shaolin"!

Living-jism
03-21-2010, 06:58 PM
never seen it...so i dont know..i really dont have any hype for it..but i will check it
"3 kingdom" is an old Chinese epic story semi-based on historical events. Lots of Chinese catz are dissappointed with the new movie cause it lost most of the epicness of the original text.

100pr00f
03-22-2010, 06:06 AM
trailer

shaolin.

got jackie chan in it..its also a remake of a jet li film

looks good..

ZTbAt8tGCPk

also jackie is now working on

Twelve Zodiacs aka Armour of God 3

11th Chamber
03-22-2010, 04:09 PM
^^ looks great. Cant wait to see that. Any release date for it yet?

100pr00f
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
none ive seen if i do ill post

Living-jism
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't really like any of the movie Jackie's made in America. Just way too silly compared to his awsome Hong Kong stuff.

Anyone seen that movie "Chocolate", I am quite impressed! That little girl can kick ass!

100pr00f
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Well Go USA picks up
Ip Man films.....both 1 and 2

coming to the states soon....

hope they dont cut/ fuck shit up

snapple
04-05-2010, 01:13 PM
ok those ong bak movies....i don't know what all the hype was about......the first one was better....and thats not saying a lot......

the fighting is good....i just wish the characters/story was better......

Ip Man was incredible...that could easily be one of the best kung-fu movies ive ever seen...im happy they're coming out with a sequel..