PDA

View Full Version : 2Pac's Music Catalog Sold

MR HIP HOP HEAD
05-16-2007, 10:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/God_Optimus_Prime/Hip%20Hop/2Pac/2Pac_09.jpg

Independent music publisher Evergreen Copyrights will today announce the acquisition of the full control of the writers share of Tupac Shakur's music catalog.

While Universal Music Group still own the publishing rights and retain control over commercial licensing, Evergreen will control future projects from the late great rapper.

Personally I am unsure on whether this is a good or a bad thing for the rapper's legacy. It seems the control will now be given to a company with a proven track record in the music industry, and it isn't as if the last two releases from Amaru have been either commercially successful, or popular amongst his core fan base. Many have spoken on how they would have preferred his music to have been handled and how Amaru haven't listened.

Evergreen will now be able to develop projects using the vast amount of unreleased songs Tupac left behind due to his legendary work rate. An estimated 300 released tracks and 150 unreleased and so far unheard tracks, are now the property of the company. Projects in development are said to include a script written by Tupac entitled Live 2 Tell, a separate feature-film biopic, a Broadway musical from Mosaic Media Group based on the rapper's life, and a video game that will coincide with a Best of 2Pac CD release.

StreetHop.com tried to reach Amaru and Evergreen for a statement, but have so far heard nothing from either company.

http://www.streethop.com/tupacs-music-catalogue-sold-4.html

I think Afeni didn't know what to do with it anymore. She couldn't achieve a success with latest albums. She didn't even find out that releasing songs in OG would be successfull actually. I still don't believe it in 100% and I'm curious how much cash did they pay. I bet company like that couldn't pay the money Pac's catalog is worth so she sold it for cheap. I hope new owners won't waste his music..

rek357
05-17-2007, 02:05 AM
I hope new owners won't waste his music..

cosign that

i feel that the albums been gettin wacker

lately i think they should let pac RIP

maestro wooz
05-17-2007, 02:17 AM
yeah, let the man die. Just put the stuff out there but please stop milking him.

Durag
05-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Just because he has lots of unreleased tracks doesnt make them good. Obviously the worst ones are gonna be left till last and if his last 1 or 2 albums wernt great wat da fuck is the last 140 of the unreleased tracks gonna be like? Hes made some great music but leave it at that. Its gonna come to a stage where everyone is like "Not ANOTHER Pac album" and it shouldnt be like that for an artist of his calibre

RAMESH
05-17-2007, 08:17 AM
that's great news i wasn't happy with the new 2pac releases & all my friends still bump that old 2pac so it would be cool to give them somthing new to listen to

CYENCE
05-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Just because he has lots of unreleased tracks doesnt make them good. Obviously the worst ones are gonna be left till last and if his last 1 or 2 albums wernt great wat da fuck is the last 140 of the unreleased tracks gonna be like? Hes made some great music but leave it at that. Its gonna come to a stage where everyone is like "Not ANOTHER Pac album" and it shouldnt be like that for an artist of his calibre
reason the last 2 albums were so wack is because they totally changed the songs from the way Pac recorded them and MADE them wack. Only 1 song in the last two albums was untouched and left as is, and that's only because Amaru didnt have the acapella of Pac's vocals, so they couldnt put his lyrics to a diff beat and add Lil Wayne to the hook

Z3RO
05-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Im Not A Pac Fan, So I Don't Give A Damn
But Really, Do Ya'll Really Think Pac Would
Be On Tracks With Eminem And 50 Cent? Come On................

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-18-2007, 12:54 AM
its sad........

RynMur
05-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I heard (on this website) he made an album with Boot Camp but Suge had full rights of the album. If thats true, I wouldn't mind hearing that, but fuck all this other shit. I agree with everyone else, let the man rest in peace.

Cesar
05-19-2007, 06:05 PM
The only thing wrong with the past couple of Pac albums were the beats, they just need to put better beats with them vocals.

Rame
05-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I heard (on this website) he made an album with Boot Camp but Suge had full rights of the album. If thats true, I wouldn't mind hearing that, but fuck all this other shit. I agree with everyone else, let the man rest in peace.

True thing

Weng
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
wasn't that supposed to be called "one nation" ?

RAMESH
05-22-2007, 05:43 PM
2pac can never die there is a billion africans still keeping him alive
we love him so much that they bringing him home

Tupac's ashes to go to Africa
I feel blessed to be able to visit South Africa, especially Soweto," Shakur said in a statement. "Events that happened there are so much a part of our history and it will be an honor for my son to rest in this special place--the birthplace of the South African struggle for democracy."
Shakur will travel to South Africa September 10-18, with plans to meet both Mandela and South African Kwaito star and actor Zola, who will be featured alongside Snoop Dogg and Tupac himself for a track on a Tupac tribute album released to commemorate the anniversary of his death.
Afeni Shakur will also be honored for her contribution as an activist for the rights of black people and the oppressed. She plans to visit hospitals or orphanages in the country as well.