PDA

View Full Version : The Woodsman

check two
07-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Did anyone see this movie? I saw it this weekend. I think the movie runs a little slow, especially if you're into a lot of action going on. But the film is worth checking out, and it's controversial. I read that none of the actors got paid for the film. Kevin Bacon did the film, even though there was to be no compensation. Mos Def had a small part in it.

CharlesJones
08-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I saw the movie. Mos Def didn't have a small part in it. He had a big part. Eve had a big part too. She was a nosy secretary at the factory where Kevin Bacon worked at. David Alan Grier was the boss at the factory. Kyra Sedgewick was also in it & she worked at the factory. She was Kevin's girlfriend in the movie. Kyra & Kevin are married in real life. The actors didn't get paid? That's surprising. Damon Dash financed the movie.

ARCHRIVAL
08-26-2005, 04:22 PM
i hear good things, may check it out

check two
08-27-2005, 01:10 AM
Mos Def was only in like two short parts of the movie though? How was that a big part? lol

TUCO
08-27-2005, 09:30 AM
how could the actors not get paid??? dumb assumption
props to Dame though....i hear this flick got mad praise at Sundance an shit

peace

CharlesJones
08-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Mos Def was in more scenes than that. What movie were you watching?

Funkfan
08-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Didn't see this movie.

check two
08-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I wasn't making a dumb assumption, pal. It's a fact that the actors didn't get paid.

Charles Jones, I don't know, did you see extra scenes with Mos Def in them that got deleted or something? lol

CharlesJones
08-29-2005, 09:25 AM
I rented the movie from the video store & i'm sure the version i saw was at theatres also. I don't know what movie you were watching but Mos Def didn't have a small part to me.

Jackie Boy
08-30-2005, 06:53 PM
this is the flick where Kevin Bacon playes a sex offender right?

TheCat
08-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Kevin Bacon has never let me down in serious performances,

the man was fantastic in Murder in the first as well as Stir of Echos. e did a great job of his little role in the film with MEg Ryan called In the Cut..

kevin Bacon and Kurt russel are really under appriciated veterans