PDA

View Full Version : Xzibit, Common, Eve, MPC, Big Shug

LORD ZERO
05-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Xzibit has inked a deal with Australian record label Illusive. The rapper will release his album Full Circle in the country independently, according to The Herald Sun. "I am in total control of every aspect of my career," said Xzibit, who is currently in talks to host a new season of the hit MTV series, Pimp My Ride. "Even though the popularity of my film and television career have taken off, it doesn't mean I have to make music to appeal to that audience." According to Xzibit, the new album features production by legendary Bomb Squad producer, Keith Shocklee. "I've worked with Dre and Timbaland. I've worked with a lot of different producers, but there is a special place in my heart for the Bomb Squad," Xzibit said. The rapper is scheduled to perform at the Metro in Melbourne, Australia on June 29.

Common has landed the cover of Billboard magazine. The Chicago-bred MC graces the front of the May 26 issue. The rapper will also debut the video for his new single "The Game" on MTV2 on Tuesday, May 29. The single is taken from Common's upcoming album Finding Forever, which is due in stores this summer. In related news, Common, Joss Stone and Ryan Shaw will headline a SummerStage this summer. The concert, which takes place on June 8 at 6:00 pm in Central Park, is free to the public.

Rapper/actress Eve has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor drunken driving charges according to the Associated Press. Eve crashed her gold Maserati while driving on Hollywood Boulevard on Apr. 26. She was eventually charged with DUI, driving with a blood-alcohol level above .08 and failure to provide proof of insurance. Eve, who did not attend the hearing yesterday, faces up to six months in prison and a $1,000 fine. She is due back in court on June 28.

The days of crafting beats from an idle location are over for music producers, with the arrival of a new portable Music Production Center (MPC) player. Created by Akai, the MPC500 includes a pattern-based 48-track sequencer with 16 MIDI channels, a 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with up to 128MB RAM and velocity and pressure sensitive pads for responsive, accurate programming. The device, which can be powered by battery or AC, allows producers and artist the ability to sample and create music on-the-go to transfer back to the MPC2500 in the studio. The MPC500 is in stores now.

Original Gangstarr Foundation member Big Shug is preparing to release Streetchamp, the follow up to his 2005 debut Who's Hard. The album, which hits stores July 17 on Babygrande Records, features production by MoSS and DJ Premier, as well as guest appearances by Sean Price, Infamous Mobb's Big Twins and Termanology. Big Shug, who co-hosts "Live From HeadQCourterz" every Friday night on Sirius Satellite Radio, has appeared on classic Gangstarr albums like Hard To Earn, Moment of Truth, The Ownerz and others. The tracklisting for Streetchamp is listed below:

1.) Intro (produced by Moss)
2.) Streetchamp (produced by Moss)
3.) Hood With That (produced by Moss)
4.) Play It (Produced by DJ Premier)
5.) Warpath f/Termanology & Ea$y Money of ST. (produced by MoSS)
6.) Walk Away (produced by MoSS)
7.) Leg Breakers f/Big Twins of Infamous Mobb & Sean Price (produced by MoSS)
8.) Streets Move f/Singapore (produced by DJ Premier)
9.) Spit it Real (Produced by MoSS)
10.) It Just Don't Stop (Produced by DJ Premier)
11.) Call Me Back (Produced by MoSS)
12.) Spitfire f/Singapore Kane & Dre Robinson (produced by Kid Karnage)
13.) Hear Me (produced by MoSS)
14.) What U Gonna Do (produced by MoSS)
15.) Interlude
16.) Exposed (produced by MoSS)
17.) Lost (produced by MoSS)
18.) After Me (produced by MoSS)

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7122