PDA

View Full Version : ok.....wtf...help

renagade410
05-25-2007, 08:53 AM
ok so everytime i try to uninstall or install a program on my computer it say that i cant do it because of windows installer and that it may not be installed correctly or im running it in safe mode????? I have never tamperd with no windows installer hell i don even know what it is

can anybody help me with this

GuardianOne
05-28-2007, 02:49 AM
ok so everytime i try to uninstall or install a program on my computer it say that i cant do it because of windows installer and that it may not be installed correctly or im running it in safe mode????? I have never tamperd with no windows installer hell i don even know what it is

can anybody help me with this

Yes this could happenif the files are corrupt for windows installer or if you upgraded your OS.

If you have Office 2000 CD(for example) there is a MSI directory. Depending on your OS, choose the appropriate installation file and install (instmsi).

You should get a confirmation of that WI has installed successfully.

There are files that windows installer (*system32* Directory)uses try renaming them then reinstall those files:

msiexec (rename to .old)
msi.dll (rename to .old)
msihnd.dll (rename to .old)

if all else fails use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (msiccu2), select the application you want to install and remove it from the list. Then try and install again.

Make sure you have cleaned your PC from any viruses and spyware and stuff like that.

Peace
PS: Keep us informed on your situation.

renagade410
05-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Yes this could happenif the files are corrupt for windows installer or if you upgraded your OS.

If you have Office 2000 CD(for example) there is a MSI directory. Depending on your OS, choose the appropriate installation file and install (instmsi).

You should get a confirmation of that WI has installed successfully.

There are files that windows installer (*system32* Directory)uses try renaming them then reinstall those files:

msiexec (rename to .old)
msi.dll (rename to .old)
msihnd.dll (rename to .old)

if all else fails use the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (msiccu2), select the application you want to install and remove it from the list. Then try and install again.

Make sure you have cleaned your PC from any viruses and spyware and stuff like that.

Peace
PS: Keep us informed on your situation.

ok like i dont even know how to get to windows installer

RAMESH
05-29-2007, 04:09 AM
i also need some help my computer is running slow i bought more memory & it is still running slow. i don't think it could be a big problem, what can i do?