PDA

View Full Version : Smoking weed while producing

Ebo
07-25-2005, 02:20 PM
I've asked this question in the Temple, but i'm also curious what producers think about this. Do you think smoking weed makes you more creative. Are you in any way affected by the drugs when you're producing? Do you like the beats you made high better than those you made sober?
I'd like to read some comments

Peace

Siris
07-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Being Sober -V- Being high when in the lab: I know many people feel that being high either relaxes them more, or makes them more creative, but i feel that you must be sober and stimulated to stay razor sharp and produce razor sharp material. I am not a coffee drinker at all, but I drink 1 - 2 cups of black coffee before i work out, or while im writing a track. It stimulates my mind and helps me come up with more ideas and more quickly. It also helps me stay more focused on delivery, and beeing more active vocally when in a recording session. When I try to do these things high, i find out that i am off on tones, sound levels, and tend not to get as much work done.

Stay Sharp,
Pharaoh Siris

LORD ZERO
07-25-2005, 08:58 PM
I Wish I Could Join The Masses On This, But I Always Happen To Be Sober When Im In Da Lab, But I Think Da Weed Could Make U Hella More Creative........*damnit I Gotta Get Off Probation Lol*

trioptic
07-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Are you in any way affected by the drugs when you're producing?
i cant think of many thing I do that arent affected by drugs.. music, artwork, even programming (games / websites / etc)

been that way for about 10 years now.. even in the military

some shit jus don change... ya know? but really, weed is a powerful tool when used right, and with self control

now LSD and salvia.. thats just some off the wall shit.

Raptics
07-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Getting high definently helps. Really, really, HIGH.