PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive problems

Razorsharp
05-28-2007, 05:16 PM
my DVD burner will read, play cds and dvds

but it will not read blank cds/dvds... therefore i cannot burn anything... i put a blank disc in... it makes hellllla noise in attempts to read it and it slows my whole laptop down... whats the deal?? i wanna system restore... but hmmm

whats the deal Bloo?

100pr00f
05-28-2007, 06:57 PM
when i get this on my comp it means the drive is going up
comp compenys use cheap stuff in order make money

if any thing replace it or buy a external drive that plugs in the usb ports

befor hand try cleaning the drive first with a cd cleaner
this might help out

Razorsharp
05-28-2007, 08:53 PM
hmmm... i got no endz... :P...

Bloo
05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Hmmm... This one might be a tough one to diagnose not being able to see it first hand. But you can still try a few things.

I'm not sure if you're drive is a DVD+RW or a DVD-RW drive. Most modern ones will read both formats but some cheap ones are one or ther other. If this is a new spindle of DVDs you're using, look to see if they're DVD-R or DVD+R and check to see what kind of DVD burner you have. Unless you already know for sure that yours will read both kinds.

Also, try to use another burning program. See if you can make a disc, if not then it's most likely not your software.

One other thing to try is to uninstall your drive then re-install it. To do that, right click on your My Computer icon, select "Manage." In the window that pops up go to the left hand side and click "Device Manager" In the right hand section you should see an icon labeled DVD/CD-Rom Drives. Expand that and right-click on your drive and select "Uninstall" It'll verify if you wanna actually uninstall, click yes then afterwards restart your system. Windows should redetect it and ask you if you want it to search for the drivers. Let it do it's thing and after it re-installs your drive try burning a disc.

Go and buy a DVD lens cleaner disc and let it spin in your drive a time or two to see if that fixes the issue. If not then it's most likely just a faulty drive.

Razorsharp
05-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Hmmm... This one might be a tough one to diagnose not being able to see it first hand. But you can still try a few things.

I'm not sure if you're drive is a DVD+RW or a DVD-RW drive. Most modern ones will read both formats but some cheap ones are one or ther other. If this is a new spindle of DVDs you're using, look to see if they're DVD-R or DVD+R and check to see what kind of DVD burner you have. Unless you already know for sure that yours will read both kinds.

Also, try to use another burning program. See if you can make a disc, if not then it's most likely not your software.

One other thing to try is to uninstall your drive then re-install it. To do that, right click on your My Computer icon, select "Manage." In the window that pops up go to the left hand side and click "Device Manager" In the right hand section you should see an icon labeled DVD/CD-Rom Drives. Expand that and right-click on your drive and select "Uninstall" It'll verify if you wanna actually uninstall, click yes then afterwards restart your system. Windows should redetect it and ask you if you want it to search for the drivers. Let it do it's thing and after it re-installs your drive try burning a disc.

Go and buy a DVD lens cleaner disc and let it spin in your drive a time or two to see if that fixes the issue. If not then it's most likely just a faulty drive.

well it works with DVD+ and -.... but now none works... ummm... blank cds also dont work... i know for certain itz not the burning program... because even before i open up nero... i put in the disc and it cant read it or wont even acknowledge that itz a cd or anything, it jus attempts to read it many times making HELLA noises... lol..

another thing... some people said to system restore to a month back or so... i tried... and i guess my computer wont even let me system restore... whats the reason behind that?? im gonna cry ='/

Bloo
05-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Usually windows has system restore on by default. But if it's deactivated then there are no restore points for your system to go back to. You can check to see if it is on though.

Go to your My Computer icon, right click and select properties. In the window that pops up, click on the System Restore tab and check to see if there's a checkmark in the box labeled "Turn off System Restore on all drives" If it is checked then there aren't any restore points you could use to go back. But seeing as how you're there you might as well un-check it that way windows will start making restore points in the future.

100pr00f
05-30-2007, 12:30 AM
like i said
50$ for a external dvd/cd burner..good price

how old is ur shit
..alot of comps cd drives wear out within 2 years
i seen alot of it happening

its cheap shit they throw in it

Razorsharp
05-30-2007, 01:42 AM
there are restore points.... buuuuuuuut..... i tried and it says itz incomplete like it goes thru the process, but like never goes thru??... and

i think, i have a problem... -___-
hphipm11.exe is on my computer... how must i take this off, this could be a problem

100pr00f
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM
do u have a hp comp
or a hp printer

Razorsharp
05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
i have an HP printer, but i googled and managed to stop that HP error thing... so i guess my drive is jus broken... where can i order one for an DELL inspiron 9300?

100pr00f
05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
only place would be dell unless ur going external then just got to best buy or a cop usa

Razorsharp
05-30-2007, 05:38 PM
http://www.bixnet.com/insldvcodr.html

is that legit... i found 2 diff kinds... problem is... what brand is that? i dont wanna no cheapy kind.. LOL