PDA

View Full Version : Songs that Move You Emotionally

Scribbles
05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Here are a couple of songs that move me, almost to the brink of tears....

Nas - Sinful Living

I know some people don't like the singing at the end, I have no idea why though. That shit just captivates the mood to me.

Nas - Black Girl Lost

Just gives me memories of how I did some girls dirty back in the day. I think this track really gets overlooked and unappreciated. This is one of them Nas tracks that shows a young Nas growing up. That transition between Illmatic and It Was Written.

The Last Emperor - One Life

This shit makes me think. Very lyrically vivid. Keeps you plugged to your earbuds.

There's definitely more tracks. Those are just a few that popped in my head.

I'll up those tracks in a minute for those who haven't heard em.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Ghost - All That I Got Is You

it really gets to me, every time

WeMadeIt
05-30-2007, 11:59 AM
2pac - Do for Love, Happy Home

rek357
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
that nas song where he talks about nothing lasts forever

TrueDciple
05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
I might get a bad quote for this but Juelz Second Coming is very inspirational. :mmmyah:

TAURO
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
There are shitloads of songs that move me on an emotional level, thats why I love hip hop so much, I don't even think I could list them all.

Wu-Tality
05-30-2007, 12:15 PM
2Pac - Life Goes On

OTB
05-30-2007, 02:22 PM
yeah scribb- black girl lost iz ill-

i like brenda by pac
and all i got by ghost

but i also catch feelingz sometimez when i've really, really been anticipating an album, and then i get it and start bumpin it-

i remember the last few timez i almost wept tearz of joy-

the first listening of wu-tang forever, the first few joints were so dope, then mef came in 'apocalypse now, mind over matter next batter be tical,'
yo- thats when i almost lost it-

sunz of man album when masta killa came in talkin about movin thru cloudz and raindrops and sh-t

digital bullet-
the first digital album got me so hype, i waz real excited bout this one-
when the first beat dropped and rza started flowin 'police reports stated that they almost trapped bobby, .....outside 240 lobby' i forgot the lyrics, but it waz that line-

and the new KRS just got me too-

cap
05-30-2007, 03:08 PM
ghost - all that i got is you (very deep,i get teary eyed every time i hear it)

q unique - the set up

masta ace - the grind (beautiful!!)

styles p - my brother

styles p - the life

2pac - so much pain

nas - dance (i cant even listen to this song)

jay z - this cant be life

...and many more.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Pac in general, and of course All that I Got Is You and I cant Go tos Sleep

SaqurakiHanamichi
05-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Pac in general, and of course All that I Got Is You and I cant Go tos Sleep

x2

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-30-2007, 03:48 PM
there is a whole bunch of them... every track from 36 Chambs move me, especially Can It Be So Simple, CREAM, Bring Da Ruckus, Protect Ya Neck, Tearz... shit all... to many to type...

gotta mention Liks's Captain Hook, Eazy's Sippin on a 40, Nuts On Ya Chin, Pacs If I Die 2 Nite, Picture Me Rollin is some deep shit...
Dre's Bitch Nigga, Meth's Sweet Love...Snuffed Out, Red&Meth's Cheka, Mi Casa, How To Roll A Blunt, Mobb Deep' Hold Down The Fort, Locked In Spofford, Hit It From The Back, Bitch Ass Nigga, Extortion- i used to listen that track every day when i was goin to school...
Masta Ace's A I Reminisce- shiiiit, i get hypnotyzed when i listen that shit...
Music man, Ace Is Wild, The big east...Im moved by every track on Illmatic but especially One Time 4 Your Mind.... word! or Represent
Biggie's Machine Gun Funk, Ready To Die... Lords of the Underground's Chief Rocka, Grawe Digga, Madd Skillz, and the most Lords Player, i get really wild when i put that shit on...NWA Gangsta Gangsta... odb's Pop Shots, Brooklyn Zoo, Dont go Breaking my Heart...onyx's atak of da bald headz, slam, black vagina finda especially...stik n move, da nex nigga dick...shifftee, phat and all that...
PE's Night Of The Living Baseheads, Bring The Noize, she Watch Channel Zero, Dont Belive The hype, My Uzi Weighs A Tone, Prophets Of Rage...
i said.. too many to name...
EDIT: Semi Automatic Full Rap metal Jacket, Hollow Bones, 97' Mentality, Its Nice To Be Important, Furious Anger, Jah World, 4 Heaven's Sake, The Monument, Liquid Swords, Labels, Flashback, Outta Here, Mortal Thought, Brown Skin Woman, 9mm goes bang, dope beat etc...

Dr Sleepwalker
05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Cage - Shoot Frank

Styles P - Blood Sweat & Tears

2pac - Who Do You Believe In

SHYHEIM - MANCHILD

The Perceptionist - Love Letters

Brother Ali - Picket Fence

Eyedea - On This I Stand

YOUNG DRO - HEAR ME CRY << really deep shytt..

... and CunninLynguists shyt.. they always keep shyt deep and emotional

PANDA PISS
05-30-2007, 04:42 PM
O.C. - Born 2 Live
i just think its an incredible thought provoking song

The Lost Prophet
05-30-2007, 05:04 PM
style p -my brother (anyone who has a brother will fall apart on this song, i dont give a fuck how gangster u r)

nas-dance (dont even have to say anything about it)

jay-z-you must love me ("i came back and sold u crack, i was a bastard for that," that shit is ridiculous)

RAMESH
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
cypress hill - i wanna get high

The Lost Prophet
05-30-2007, 05:08 PM
but i also catch feelingz sometimez when i've really, really been anticipating an album, and then i get it and start bumpin it-

yo son i feel u....even when a new dope song comes out by one of ur favorite artist, and u hear the joint 4 the first time and u just start screamen and shit....raekwon did that to me a couple of times just recently....like "blue eagle" had me goin......that beat and the way he flowed was just awesome

lord patch
05-30-2007, 06:24 PM
heaterz -- the wu tang clan

you just want to cry cuz its the blues all round

mega22
05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
cormega-fallen soldiers
cormega-the saga
and a joint that gets slept on wu-syndicates-where was heaven

Jon Quest
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
jay z - this cant be life

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-30-2007, 07:14 PM
:clap: cypress hill - i wanna get high

lol

Poetic Disciple
05-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Young Dro - Hear Me Cry

T.I. - Live In The Sky

Kanye West - Family Reunion(it just reminds me of my fam, & makes me sad cuz i dont get to spend dat much time wit my fam dat much)

Last Emperor ft. Poetic - One Life(song really gets to me for sum reason. Idk why it just does. Great verse by Poetic though, yea dude really does make me feel like im lucky even with all the bullshit i go through in life.)

Nas - Dance (great song, but it makes me sad @ the same time. Makes me happy that my mom is still around, but sad cuz i kno 1 day she gonna be gone.)

Edgar Erebus
05-31-2007, 05:46 AM
there is a whole bunch of them... every track from 36 Chambs move me, especially Can It Be So Simple, CREAM, Bring Da Ruckus, Protect Ya Neck, Tearz... shit all... to many to type...

gotta mention Liks's Captain Hook, Eazy's Sippin on a 40, Nuts On Ya Chin, Pacs If I Die 2 Nite, Picture Me Rollin is some deep shit...
Dre's Bitch Nigga, Meth's Sweet Love...Snuffed Out, Red&Meth's Cheka, Mi Casa, How To Roll A Blunt, Mobb Deep' Hold Down The Fort, Locked In Spofford, Hit It From The Back, Bitch Ass Nigga, Extortion- i used to listen that track every day when i was goin to school...
Masta Ace's A I Reminisce- shiiiit, i get hypnotyzed when i listen that shit...
Music man, Ace Is Wild, The big east...Im moved by every track on Illmatic but especially One Time 4 Your Mind.... word! or Represent
Biggie's Machine Gun Funk, Ready To Die... Lords of the Underground's Chief Rocka, Grawe Digga, Madd Skillz, and the most Lords Player, i get really wild when i put that shit on...NWA Gangsta Gangsta... odb's Pop Shots, Brooklyn Zoo, Dont go Breaking my Heart...onyx's atak of da bald headz, slam, black vagina finda especially...stik n move, da nex nigga dick...shifftee, phat and all that...
PE's Night Of The Living Baseheads, Bring The Noize, she Watch Channel Zero, Dont Belive The hype, My Uzi Weighs A Tone, Prophets Of Rage...
i said.. too many to name...
EDIT: Semi Automatic Full Rap metal Jacket, Hollow Bones, 97' Mentality, Its Nice To Be Important, Furious Anger, Jah World, 4 Heaven's Sake, The Monument, Liquid Swords, Labels, Flashback, Outta Here, Mortal Thought, Brown Skin Woman, 9mm goes bang, dope beat etc...

Hit it from the Back moves you emotionally?

2L8Lit da croatianMC
05-31-2007, 10:10 AM
^^ yea..

Dirty Knowledge
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
style p -my brother (anyone who has a brother will fall apart on this song, i dont give a fuck how gangster u r)

Cosign

chiba
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
O.C. - Born 2 Live
i just think its an incredible thought provoking song

one of OC's finest songs

BTH - crossroads
tribe called quest - stressed out
k-os- man i used to be
knaan- hardcre
knaan- strugglin
nas- take it in blood
lost boys- rene
ghostface- motherless child
mobb deep - back at you
az- gimme yourz remix
nas- one mic

thats it for now

Durag
06-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Last Emperor - One Life
Nas - Blunt Ashes
Wu Syndicate - Where Was Heaven

Theres fuckin loads that i cant think of rite now. Thats the great thing about hip hop it has every emotion

lips
06-01-2007, 01:14 PM

11th Chamber
06-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Eminem - Rock Bottom

simply for the fact that we can all relate to what he was goin threw

also alot of Pac's shit

Treazon
06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
bone thugz - crossroads
shyheim - manchild
last emperor - one life