PDA

View Full Version : Method Man - Plo Style Remix

Troy K.
06-01-2007, 06:16 AM
www.myspace.com/troykbeats

WuGambino
06-01-2007, 11:26 AM
That was nice, the main loop was dope, very energetic. It's hard though doing remixes of those kinds of songs because people are so familiar to the originals that the new one doesn't sound right.

I liked it though, some screams woulda been nice. ;)

Troy K.
06-01-2007, 02:42 PM
i didn't particularly like the original PLO style... the beat was dull and had almost no musical value, it was just a creeking sound w/ little screams here and there and occasional horns.... i think my version brings out the soul of the lyrics

Slang_Apostle
06-01-2007, 06:09 PM
I agree with ya, Troy. I wasn't a fan of the original beat but it was a grungy beat like most of the album so it sorta fit. I do like the remix you did but....as soon as it came on, I thought of that old song "Blood Money" by Capone N Noreaga on their War Report album. It has a very similar piano sound. You should check it out if you don't know the song. The remix does sound nice, though. I actually like it better than the original which, like you said, was dull and nothing really to it.

Troy K.
06-01-2007, 09:35 PM
yea i know Bloody Money.... the samples i used are completely different tho... i compared the two, and i really don't hear much of a similarity... if there was i would've noticed it while making the beat... thanks for checkin' it out man

White_Mouse
06-01-2007, 09:58 PM
ok i'm listening...i like the piano sample...and i do feel that you did bring out Meth's lyrics very well...and it's a well put together beat.