PDA

View Full Version : O.C's Word....Life=Top 5 of the 90's....

Galvatron97
06-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Damn I don't know about y'all but I just popped this CD back in my CD player(I have the 2004 re-issue w/ 3 extra bonus tracks) and I'm thinkin this album was MAD slept on and definately Top 5 albums of the 90's....what do y'all think? Here's my list....

Nas-Illmatic
Biggie-Ready To Die
Wu- 36 Chambers
O.C.- Word....Life
Dr Dre-The Chronic

Honorable mentions go to Common's Ressurection, ATCQ's Low End Theory, and Pac's Me Against the World.....

I know a lot of you will disagree, maybe Word....Life is Top 10 of the 90's but damn the lyrics and classic beats from Buckwild and Lord Finesse give you that ill 90's vibe......

Prolifical ENG
06-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I can agree with that being a classic album...and this isn't the first time I've seen someone put that amongst the classics with those other albums you mentioned.

I have the OG release of that....but recently I started liking Jewelz more...I have the UK release with the 3 bonus tracks..."Burn Me Slow" makes it worth more listens.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
yea jewelz is a much better album but this is a nice album

CharlesJones
06-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Word Life album isn't that good to me. Born To Live and Time's Up are the best songs on the album. Jewelz is his best album. I was very disappointed in his last album Smoke And Mirrors. That album sucked because of the beats.

TAURO
06-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I think it's a great album, but I think on a production level it's dated quite a bit, even more so than other albums that came out at the time.

venex
06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I think it's a great album, but I think on a production level it's dated quite a bit, even more so than other albums that came out at the time.

agree fully...

it's a classic, but not top 5 of the whole 90ties era

Razorsharp
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
what a coincidence... itunes shuffled to it right now... Time's UP!!!! :D

itz a dope album, but i dunno about top 5...

maestro wooz
06-03-2007, 02:58 PM
same, its a good album but not great. Never really been able to get too attached to it, outside of a couple songs (creative control, word...life, times up)

renagade410
06-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Damn I don't know about y'all but I just popped this CD back in my CD player(I have the 2004 re-issue w/ 3 extra bonus tracks) and I'm thinkin this album was MAD slept on and definately Top 5 albums of the 90's....what do y'all think? Here's my list....

Nas-Illmatic
Biggie-Ready To Die
Wu- 36 Chambers
O.C.- Word....Life
Dr Dre-The Chronic

Honorable mentions go to Common's Ressurection, ATCQ's Low End Theory, and Pac's Me Against the World.....

I know a lot of you will disagree, maybe Word....Life is Top 10 of the 90's but damn the lyrics and classic beats from Buckwild and Lord Finesse give you that ill 90's vibe......

i agree with you BUT i would put reserrection in the top 5 and take out ready to die

Galvatron97
06-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Yea Ressurection is definately a CLASSIC album with a lot of classic tracks and I probably would put it in the Top 5 of the 90's....

Hmmm Jewelz over Word...Life?? IDK about that.....On Word...Life the production does sound a lil dated but thats why I think it gives you the early-mid 90's vibe.....and lyrically Word...Life is better than Jewelz....O.C is mad hungry on that album....

LHX
06-04-2007, 09:20 AM
word...life is a incredible album

jewelz was good but not as good as the debut

venex
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
^^great signature :)

grittysoul
06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
O.C.- Word....Life
AZ-Do Or Die
Nas-Illmatic