PDA

View Full Version : DJ Screw appreciation thread

hide1998
06-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Sup all. I've been hella stressed out lately so a lot of DJ Screw mixtapes have been getttin' play in my stereo. I thought it may be a good idea to start a thread about him in the meantime.

Quick question. I put in that "DJ Screw - Legend" CDs into my player and, was curious about something. Does anyone know if DJ Screw had any part in the mixing/blending of this collection? In the booklet it says all tracks are by DJ Screw, but additional cuts are by another DJ. So I'm confused. Did DJ Screw have involvement in this collection or is the whole thing a tribute to him done by another DJ (great either way, as the other DJ is clearly very skilled)?

Also, what is everyone's favorite DJ Screw mixtape?
Personally, I'm torn between "3 in tha Morning Part 2" & "June 27."

Anyway, keep bangin' screw!

J-DON
06-02-2007, 04:59 PM
lol the life of DJ Screw is funny to me. Liquor and Codeine combos killed him before Chopped and Screwed shit blew up. But would he have come up with that shit if it wasnt for the sizzurp??

Prolifical ENG
06-02-2007, 05:18 PM
3 in tha Morning Part 2 is sick. It is considered one of the top early southern albums (that everyone has forgotten). 1996 was the year. You can't find that shit anywhere anymore.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
bump this

Vi9f9c2CDP0

:mmmyah:

Frank Sobotka
08-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Can somebody hook me up with the best screwtapes

djskillz
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
I've always been in favor of June 27th. roll a swisher and go for a ride bangin screw. nothing better.